What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (4 Viewers)

Weekend wind should pick up...will be a different course.

Day looks unbeatable...this course will make him earn it.

Spieth meanwhile riding his Augusta momentum.

Weekend wind should pick up...will be a different course.

Day looks unbeatable...this course will make him earn it.

Spieth meanwhile riding his Augusta momentum.
 What if the wind doesnt pick up? I mean they cant control the weather....

Took my college age son out to Sawgrass yesterday. Met up with a buddy who was there with his neighbors at the Benefactor tent on 17 tee. Son and I left to go walk the back 9. We head back to 17 and meet up with buddy. He had been there for probably 6 hours and they were going to check out a few other holes. 

Next group after he leaves, Will Wilcox hits first hole in one since 2002

When the Big 5 or 6 have their A game, it seems to me Jason Day is still the best.  

Incredible golfer.
I think he and Rory and the top 2 by a mile anyway...Rory just can't get hot with the putter over the last year.  Day is a lot of fun to watch.

These guys getting eaten alive on these greens today, like you rarely see on the tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it. I like the range of soft, scoring conditions Thursday and Friday then throwing the switch and giving a totally different look for the weekend. Not having to be concerned with whether or not the greens survive the tournament gives them a card they are not typically afforded.

I think he and Rory and the top 2 by a mile anyway...Rory just can't get hot with the putter over the last year.  Day is a lot of fun to watch.

These guys getting eaten alive on these greens today, like you rarely see on the tour.
Rory's wedge game a much bigger issue than his putting 

Apple Jack said:
Love it. I like the range of soft, scoring conditions Thursday and Friday then throwing the switch and giving a totally different look for the weekend. Not having to be concerned with whether or not the greens survive the tournament gives them a card they are not typically afforded.
Sounds like they soften the greens up just a touch today, pins may not be tucked as much as normal on Sunday pins. The wind is coming in from the ocean which will bring some moisture and they backed off the mowing/rolling as well. The Tour was embarrassed by how out of control it was yesterday and looks to have dialed it back today. 

What are the chances Spieth has a real mental thing going on and loses his game? I heard a bit of an interview of his and he mentioned how stressed he was each time he had to drive the ball. Could be like that pitcher that couldn't find the strike zone suddenly.  Hitting the backstop, etc. Eventually moved to the outfield.  Hope not as I really like him, but I watched 30 minutes today and saw him slice 3 drives.

What are the chances Spieth has a real mental thing going on and loses his game? I heard a bit of an interview of his and he mentioned how stressed he was each time he had to drive the ball. Could be like that pitcher that couldn't find the strike zone suddenly.  Hitting the backstop, etc. Eventually moved to the outfield.  Hope not as I really like him, but I watched 30 minutes today and saw him slice 3 drives.
The guy is tied for 12th.  Not like he hasn't made a cut in months or something.  Oakmont sets up well for him. He'll be fine.

The guy is tied for 12th.  Not like he hasn't made a cut in months or something.  Oakmont sets up well for him. He'll be fine.
2 hours ago he was in second place.  I  know it's premature but he seemed shook up in that interview. Odds are he is fine but it happens. 

I've been pointing out for over a year now that he has some significant mental hangups on the course, initially shown on the greens.

I don't think it's career-ending, but I also think it'll keep him from being a superstar...unless he figures out a way to relax.

He hit 4 fairways all day. One of the worst rounds of the day.  In his own backyard.  This was the perfect weekend to get back on track but the wheels came off again.  

He's not fine now.

Sergio wins and ties Seve with the most PGA wins by a Spaniard. He just simply hit it better than the rest of the field because his putting is a complete mess.  

Rodrigo Duterte said:
He hit 4 fairways all day. One of the worst rounds of the day.  In his own backyard.  This was the perfect weekend to get back on track but the wheels came off again.  

He's not fine now.
He's not going to win every time he sticks it in the ground.  People are grading him on an insane curve.  Last 5 majors 1-1-4-2-2.  He described himself as exhausted when the year started due to non-stop commitments all over the world.  He's fine.  Big names can have off days. It's golf.

Sergio wins and ties Seve with the most PGA wins by a Spaniard. He just simply hit it better than the rest of the field because his putting is a complete mess.  
Kind of shocking he's won only 9 times on the pga tour.  After that 2nd in the '99 PGA we were told he had arrived.  Never won a major. Guy probably should have stayed in Europe full time. Something like 9 for 300 stateside.

Well, if there was any mental hurdle, it looks like Spieth cleared it this past week. Good for him!

This Rahm guy is really good.  And he's going to be playing a lot of events to try and earn his tour card.  He's going to be a presence on tour (and I thought this before this tournament started).  Excited to see another new class start rolling through with him and DeChambeau, Kizzire, Smylie, etc.

What % of your lineups did you have him in Bender? Seems like the sharps were all over him this week. 
Only 19 lineups this week and had him in 5 of them.  Pricing was weird this week with this field and Rahm was more expensive than I would have thought him to be so just a tick over 25%  He and Garrigus were 2 of my favorite plays this week.  Unfortunately, however, I had Lovemark in 70% and he #### the bed today.  Will be happy to break even this week

Last edited by a moderator:
This Rahm guy is really good.  And he's going to be playing a lot of events to try and earn his tour card.  He's going to be a presence on tour (and I thought this before this tournament started).  Excited to see another new class start rolling through with him and DeChambeau, Kizzire, Smylie, etc.
Rahm has a gigantic noggin...destined for greatness.

Course was "Beyond reasonable expectation of repair ".

Wonder if floods took any bridges out on or near the course 

Users who are viewing this thread