What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (1 Viewer)

Both Paddy and Berger have birdie putts on first playoff hole. Paddy missed should tap in for par.

Berger with a 15 footer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching the golf channel live stream - audio is running about 5 seconds ahead of video so I knew he missed it before the club moved.

Pars for both Berger and Paddy on first playoff hole. They are going to 17 now. That's where Paddy dunked his tee ball.

I would have put a lot of money on the opposite to happen...especially after Paddy took so long...but i think the distractions actually pissed him off.

Regarding who I pull for and don't:

FOR: Fowler, DJ - moved on to the next generation of Americans...love Fowlers swing and demeanor, DJ is one with the superstar potential...like Scott of the non-Americans

NOT FOR: all Euros, including Rory...although I can stomach his wins. Rose, Donald, Poulter, Kaymer, etc...but especially Garcia.

I would have put a lot of money on the opposite to happen...especially after Paddy took so long...but i think the distractions actually pissed him off.
Yep. May have actually distracted him from the moment in a good way.

Berger dunks it in the water. Same weak right fade as Paddy from the final round.
I'm sure the nerves caused him to tried to guide/baby that shot.
Classic deceleration due to nerves causing the clubface to stay open and hitting the shop a little fat as well.
Yep. I did that about 12 times yesterday in my super-heated match against my brother-in-law for 15 bucks. Fun to see it happen to these guys as well.

DJ = Dustin Johnson?
Yea...I know he's had his issues with women...but I think he can mature into a star.
what issues? I heard we was getting laid all the time before he settled down with the Great One's daughter
Banging other players' wives.
I wouldn't describe that as issues with women, that much more seems like an issue for the husband that is married to the lady banging DJ.

Anyone that can set my fantasy golf league lineup for two weeks in May?

I'm out of country. It's high stakes. Keith Brooking is in the league in case you want to say hi (no shtick).

I'll either pay a flat fee or a higher cut of the monthly winnings if we win the money for May.

Something like 25 bucks, or 75 if we win the month of May standings.

HAVE to set it though. Missed picks set me far back for the entire length of the season badly...if you miss a lineup, you owe me 500 dollars IMO.

Yahoo?

I know you're not my biggest fan, but I'd be willing to do it. Been doing fantasy golf for a few years now.

DJ = Dustin Johnson?
Yea...I know he's had his issues with women...but I think he can mature into a star.
what issues? I heard we was getting laid all the time before he settled down with the Great One's daughter
Banging other players' wives.
I wouldn't describe that as issues with women, that much more seems like an issue for the husband that is married to the lady banging DJ.
True. But I think it's an "issue with women" that would cause the neutral observer to maybe not like him so much. While I'd agree it's not like he's cheating on anyone himself, generally people tend to get a distaste for those who willingly bang others' wives.

Yahoo?

I know you're not my biggest fan, but I'd be willing to do it. Been doing fantasy golf for a few years now.
All good Wozzles. I've matured ;)

It's hosted at Officefootballpool.com

You get 30 points and 10 golfers, golfers points based on performance to date.

It's very easy to wind up with 3 or 4 top 10 players (too easy).

Since there are 64 members tho, it's better if you can pick the top 4 that are favorites and then find 5 or 6 lesser guys who have a good chance to hit

ie for the honda I had

Casey, Knox, Reed, Donald, Palmer, Henley, Rose, Bradley, DJ, and Wil McKenzie (to give you an idea of the range I look for)

I'm in 7th on the season and want to win the big prize obviously.

Yahoo?

All good Wozzles. I've matured ;)

It's hosted at Officefootballpool.com

You get 30 points and 10 golfers, golfers points based on performance to date.

It's very easy to wind up with 3 or 4 top 10 players (too easy).

Since there are 64 members tho, it's better if you can pick the top 4 that are favorites and then find 5 or 6 lesser guys who have a good chance to hit

ie for the honda I had

Casey, Knox, Reed, Donald, Palmer, Henley, Rose, Bradley, DJ, and Wil McKenzie (to give you an idea of the range I look for)

I'm in 7th on the season and want to win the big prize obviously.
Gotcha. Well, if you need a guy let me know. I've never played that format before but see what you're getting at and think I could at least keep you competitive.

Pretty crazy back to back weeks for the world golf rankings.

James Hahn ranked 297 prior to the Northern Trust, wins the tournament.

Next week out Padraig Harrington rankend 297 wins the Honda Classic.

Who will be next?

I signed up for fantasy golf for some reason and need one guy for the Puerto Rico Open this week, all he has to do is make the cut.

I can take anyone in the field. Who ya got?

I signed up for fantasy golf for some reason and need one guy for the Puerto Rico Open this week, all he has to do is make the cut.

Damn, that is a crappy field.

I'll take Martin Flores or YE Yang.
That's what I'm saying. I am no super fan but had not heard of most of the field this week. YE Yang was actually one of the guys I wrote down. I read Brooks Koepka is the highest ranked player but he was still listed as an alternate on PGA.com.

Pick 10 guys staying under 30 points

:shrug:

Top 10 1. Rory McIlroy 11.27
2. Bubba Watson 7.21
3. Henrik Stenson 7.05
4. Jason Day 6.75
5. Adam Scott 6.65
6. Jim Furyk 6.01
7. Sergio Garcia 6.00
8. Justin Rose 5.75
9. Jordan Spieth 5.57
10. Martin Kaymer 4.87
Top 20 11. Rickie Fowler 4.81
12. Matt Kuchar 4.79
13. Jimmy Walker 4.77
14. Hideki Matsuyama 4.37
15. Patrick Reed 4.20
16. Dustin Johnson 4.16
17. Victor Dubuisson 3.85
18. Billy Horschel 3.82
19. Brooks Koepka 3.73
20. Phil Mickelson 3.66
Top 30 21. Graeme McDowell 3.56
22. Chris Kirk 3.42
23. Jamie Donaldson 3.38
24. Zach Johnson 3.38
25. Bill Haas 3.22
26. Hunter Mahan 3.19
27. Lee Westwood 3.13
28. Ian Poulter 3.12
29. Ryan Palmer 3.11
30. Kevin Na 3.09
Top 40 31. Charl Schwartzel 3.00
32. Stephen Gallacher 2.95
33. Keegan Bradley 2.95
34. Joost Luiten 2.91
35. Anirban Lahiri 2.89
36. Ryan Moore 2.89
37. Brandt Snedeker 2.87
38. Thongchai Jaidee 2.76
39. Bernd Wiesberger 2.73
40. Branden Grace 2.70
Top 50 41. J.B. Holmes 2.59
42. Shane Lowry 2.54
43. Louis Oosthuizen 2.53
44. Luke Donald 2.52
45. Jason Dufner 2.48
46. Gary Woodland 2.46
47. Danny Willett 2.44
48. Webb Simpson 2.44
49. Thomas Bjorn 2.43
50. Brendon Todd 2.40
Top 60 51. Marc Warren 2.34
52. Alexander Levy 2.29
53. Russell Henley 2.26
54. Mikko Ilonen 2.22
55. Tommy Fleetwood 2.21
56. John Senden 2.21
57. Marcel Siem 2.12
58. Ross Fisher 2.01
59. Koumei Oda 2.00
60. Gary Stal 1.63
Top 70 61. Cameron Tringale 1.53
62. Geoff Ogilvy 1.44
63. Hiroyuki Fujita 1.27
64. Thomas Aiken 1.20
65. Morgan Hoffmann 1.15
66. Alexander Noren 1.13
67. David Lipsky 1.12
68. Greg Chalmers 0.96
69. Danie Van Tonder 0.89
70. Steven Jeffress 0.28

Damn, that is a crappy field.

I'll take Martin Flores or YE Yang.
That's what I'm saying. I am no super fan but had not heard of most of the field this week. YE Yang was actually one of the guys I wrote down. I read Brooks Koepka is the highest ranked player but he was still listed as an alternate on PGA.com.
Flores has made the cut last 5 out of 6. YE Yang made the cut first time out in 2015 (last week).

There aren't a lot of names in this field. I think both those guys make the cut.

speaking of fantasy golf....Draft Kings now has PGA Tour contests in the Daily space. My company is working on sponsoring some promotions with them. If you are interested in playing or setting up an account, please use the link below. It will give me some help in the partnership. Thanks!

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/4594779?showPrizePop=True&showFppEntryPop=True&gatewayTemplateSetId=526
My state is stupid. Tried to sign up, but I can't because I live in AZ.

Yahoo/fantasy guys: thoughts this week on the WGC field? It's interesting that there's no cut. So, I feel more comfortable taking some sleepers/darkhorses. However, I'm in 1st and 2nd (only 4 points behind 1st) in my leagues respectively so I really can't get too crazy. Nonetheless this format seems ripe to gain some serious ground on the field if a sleeper hits.

My main sleeper pick for this tournament is Thongchai Jaidee. He's been playing incredibly well overseas lately and got a T6 here last year. Can't figure out how to get him in.

A group: Rory, Bubba

C group: Donaldson, Reed

These seem like no-brainers to me (Rory's MC last week doesn't bother me). Currently my B group is: DJ and Day (starters) and Casey and Spieth on the bench. I'd love to find a way to get Jaidee in here though. DJ is a lock for me on this long course. I have already burned up 4 uses with Day so it's tempting to sit him, but he's playing so well. Spieth and Casey are also incredibly hot this season. And Spieth is putting like crap so assuming he rebounds to the mean there he'll be a top 5 guy sooner than later.

Thoughts? Ride the favorite or try the sleeper?

Users who are viewing this thread