What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (1 Viewer)

I love DJ...for his game obviously, but also his on-course demeanor. I play a lot with a 15-yo and he's the perfect role model to point to compared to some others (ahem Speith)...on-course.

Lexi is one classy broad, she really handled the situation way better than most would have if faced with the same BS. She even stayed after she lost and signed autographs for a half hour. 

I cant even imagine the mindset of someone watching at home and reaching out via email over an infraction that had no affect and by all accounts was over an inch. Perhaps they are attached to the team of one of her competitors, that in and of itself is still horrible but it at least makes more sense than some loser with no skin in the game reaching out.

2 for the actual penalty and then 2 more because she signed a wrong scorecard.

Embarrassing for the game...you can keep the integrity without these stupid ancient non-TV era rules...glad the PGA/RNA are making changes.
:goodposting:

Couple of thoughts...

Don't understand why they get penalized for signing an inaccurate card, when as far as she was concerned it was accurate. I could see if they had mentioned something about the penalty yesterday, and she signed a card without the penalty added.

Potentially hurts the leaders most, with them being on TV the most. Also she got lucky because they recently changed the penalty for an inaccurate card, it used to be a disqualification from the tourney.

She was also hurt by the lateness, because if she had been notified about the penalty before the start, she would have had the whole round to be able to catch up and would have been able to play differently.

:goodposting:

Couple of thoughts...

Don't understand why they get penalized for signing an inaccurate card, when as far as she was concerned it was accurate. I could see if they had mentioned something about the penalty yesterday, and she signed a card without the penalty added.

Potentially hurts the leaders most, with them being on TV the most. Also she got lucky because they recently changed the penalty for an inaccurate card, it used to be a disqualification from the tourney.

She was also hurt by the lateness, because if she had been notified about the penalty before the start, she would have had the whole round to be able to catch up and would have been able to play differently.
That's a great point. That part is total BS. No rules official saw an infraction at the time. They really ####ed her and totally ####ed up.

I read an article about DJ and his fall today. With me being a pessimist, I am wondering what really happened?

Kind of like when the news first came out about Tiger and a car crash....and then an argument.....and then a 3 iron across the head.

Has DJ cleaned up his partying or is he still a pretty much a wild child? 

I read an article about DJ and his fall today. With me being a pessimist, I am wondering what really happened?

Kind of like when the news first came out about Tiger and a car crash....and then an argument.....and then a 3 iron across the head.

I think his dog probably tripped him - Brian Griese

i'm pretty sure he's been clean since his stint in rehab. 

Doubt it.  Wayne was heard describing his daughter and DJ as idiots.

Lexi is one classy broad, she really handled the situation way better than most would have if faced with the same BS. She even stayed after she lost and signed autographs for a half hour. 

I cant even imagine the mindset of someone watching at home and reaching out via email over an infraction that had no affect and by all accounts was over an inch. Perhaps they are attached to the team of one of her competitors, that in and of itself is still horrible but it at least makes more sense than some loser with no skin in the game reaching out.
I really wish they'd put some intent element into the golf rules.  I know that'd be hard as hell to enforce, but it really seems justified in these situations. 

Feel like this is a Justin Rose kinda weekend.

Also, not a single mention of Adam Scott I've seen across the industry as a potential winner.  He's in good form, former winner, I'm thinking he is primed for this.

I posted gambling picks in the wagering thread like usual. 

Happy Masters Day my friends

Read today that only once since the turn of the century has a player outside of the top 15 on Day 1 put on the green jacket. Scoring well in round 1 is just about mandatory if you want to win.

I'm rooting for Rory but skeptical he will do it. I think Rahm has a decent shot of being the first Augusta virgin since Fuzzy to win it. 

does Jim Nanze give his tie away at the Masters as well?

Just entered some fan duel contests.  Used the following:

Your Lineup

Edit Export

Rd 1-2 Adam Hadwin

7:00AM

$6,300

SALARY

Rd 1-2 Tommy Fleetwood

$6,800

SALARY

Rd 1-2 Brooks Koepka

$6,800

SALARY

Rd 1-2 Bubba Watson

$8,300

SALARY

Rd 3-4 Angel Cabrera

$5,100

SALARY

Rd 3-4 Rickie Fowler

$9,200

SALARY

Rd 3-4 Jordan Spieth

$10,600

SALARY

Rd 3-4 Gary Woodland

$6,900

SALARY

Cancel

Does anyone know who are the featured groups for the afternoon? Love the quality of the Masters app but I do hate being limited to only a couple of groups.

So Dustin Johnson is a close friend of some of my family and he flew them out to walk inside the ropes today. 

So the guy trips and falls down the stairs.  Perfect.  

Users who are viewing this thread