What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (2 Viewers)

Not sure what it is about spieth but he quickly became my favorite golfer.  Love the way he plays and seems like a good guy

o/u 76 tomorrow.
He led after 36 a few years back right? It's a progression.

Never really thought of him as a majors contender but he can go low. Great iron player & excellent putter. Like he can win a third tier event at 20 under but you don't expect him to be able to grind.

Having a great week.

He led after 36 a few years back right? It's a progression.

Never really thought of him as a majors contender but he can go low. Great iron player & excellent putter. Like he can win a third tier event at 20 under but you don't expect him to be able to grind.

Having a great week.
I think he was tied 2nd after 36 the year Spieth won. Either way, at some point between now and tomorrow he'll remember he's Charley Hoffman.

:unsure:

Ticket#:212353584
Apr 06 09:00 AM 

INTERNET / -1

Apr 06 07:58 AM 

PROP

GOLF - MASTERS TOURNAMENT - WINNER
[72010] JUSTIN ROSE +2000

100 / 2000

Ticket#:212353619

INTERNET / -1

Apr 06 07:59 AM 

PROP

GOLF - MASTERS TOURNAMENT - TOP 5
[72110] JUSTIN ROSE +500

100 / 500

Ticket#:212353720

INTERNET / -1

Apr 06 08:00 AM 

PROP

GOLF - MASTERS TOURNAMENT - TOP 5
[72111] ADAM SCOTT +550

50 / 275

Ticket#:212353721

INTERNET / -1

Apr 06 08:00 AM 

PROP

GOLF - MASTERS TOURNAMENT - TOP 10
[72249] SOREN KJELDSEN +1000

100 / 1000

Ricky putting like a champion...but he can get wild or hot ball striking. Rose will be tough to beat. Serg will fade. Spieth will put up the number to beat...

Rory gonna be that guy tomorrow who comes out of the gate loose and makes a move onto the first page before fading. Happens every year on Sunday with a top player way back who plays carefree and shoots right at the accessible pins. Too far back to get it done though. I think any of the players -2 or better except Hoffman have a shot. Gun to head you gotta think Spieth is the guy to beat. Think it'll come down to him vs. Rickey. Rose obviously a factor. Scott and Moore lurking. Sergio is still Sergio, at some point he'll look at the leaderboard and freak out.  Should be fun.

Rory gonna be that guy tomorrow who comes out of the gate loose and makes a move onto the first page before fading. Happens every year on Sunday with a top player way back who plays carefree and shoots right at the accessible pins. Too far back to get it done though. I think any of the players -2 or better except Hoffman have a shot. Gun to head you gotta think Spieth is the guy to beat. Think it'll come down to him vs. Rickey. Rose obviously a factor. Scott and Moore lurking. Sergio is still Sergio, at some point he'll look at the leaderboard and freak out.  Should be fun.

I have an entirely different feel coming from Sergio - maybe it's him getting married and the Seve birthday thing.  I don't have him in our Masters Pool so it would kill that for me if he wins, but this seems like it could be it for him.   

For Sergio and Rose, it all comes down to putting.  Both are excellent ball strikers, but are hot and cold on the greens.  Sergio easily could have shot 66-67 today, but he couldn't make a putt over 6 feet today.  And it's pretty hard to win at Augusta while putting bad on Sunday. 

I think you're need to get to 9 under to win or get a chance at a playoff.  The odds of at least one of Sergio, Rose, Rickie, and Spieth shooting 67-69 is pretty high.  Don't count out Adam Scott....could easily have a 66 or so in him to get to the magic 9 under number.

Schwartzel is at 2 under and needs to shoot 66 or better to have a chance.  The one unders IMO are a little too far back.  They're not out of it, but they need to go real low and hope none of the top 5 shoots a good score.  They would have a better chance in many situations, but they're looking up at 5 of the top 20 players in the world.

I will handicap it.....Rose 25% chance to win the green jacket, Sergio/Rickie/Spieth at 20% each, and someone else at 15%.

Will be a great finish.

I have an entirely different feel coming from Sergio - maybe it's him getting married and the Seve birthday thing.  I don't have him in our Masters Pool so it would kill that for me if he wins, but this seems like it could be it for him.   
Well the guy is due, that's for sure. Stunning that he's never won a major. He just starts getting whiny out there and you know things about to go south when you see it. It's like he just starts believing he's going to lose. He'll probably never have a better shot to win at the masters than tomorrow. Can't imagine him and Tiger at the champions dinner though. Potential fisticuffs.

Well the guy is due, that's for sure. Stunning that he's never won a major. He just starts getting whiny out there and you know things about to go south when you see it. It's like he just starts believing he's going to lose. He'll probably never have a better shot to win at the masters than tomorrow. Can't imagine him and Tiger at the champions dinner though. Potential fisticuffs.

I don't think Serg should go for the canary yellow outfit tomorrow though.  Maybe red/black to stick it to his old buddy.  

Would like to hear more about this. Ryder Cup history? Women history? 
Sergio and Tiger have never really gotten along.  Tiger has gotten under Sergio's skin many times.....maybe it's just that Sergio was sick of Tiger whooping his a$$.

There was an incident at the Players a while back....don't remember what happened, but Sergio was really mad at Tiger for some reason.

A year ago, the guy playing with Spieth in the final group at the Masters on Sunday was named Smylie. He drove an '08 Murano, lived at home with his parents, has a brother named Luckie. Did not make any of that up. He shot 81, finished T29 and missed the cut in the other three majors. 

Charley (not Charlie!) is pretty much the only "which of these is not like the others" guy in the top ten. Rose, Spieth, Scott, and Schwartzel have won majors, Garcia and Westwood should have, Fowler and Pieters almost surely will. Moore hasn't had a majors top ten in 8 seasons and has had a journeyman career after a historically great amateur career.  

Moore winning would be a shock to many but that guy should have [had] a great career. Wrist injuries and surgeries IIRC.

The winner today will be one of those startling under par; McIlroy, Rahm, et al, have too many in front of them. In fact, outside the top six (-4) seems super unlikely. Surely somebody in the final 3 groups will post a round in the 60s.

-9 wins outright, -8 gets into a playoff IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
An aria logo for Moore. He lose a #### ton at the tables?
No.  He's from Vegas and, as best as I understand it, has this thing about not taking certain sponsorships or only being sponsored by friends and he knows the aria guy. 

I got this from one of my buddies who is married to Moore's significant other's best friend or something. He's socialized with him s few times. Says he's kind of odd. I guess he also snubbed my buddy pretty quickly when he asked about booking my buddy (and therefore me by proxy) about getting us on some of the more exclusive courses in Vegas. 

Tee off in 45...will be home with 30 min to spare...the rest of my year can go nowhere but down.

No.  He's from Vegas and, as best as I understand it, has this thing about not taking certain sponsorships or only being sponsored by friends and he knows the aria guy. 

I got this from one of my buddies who is married to Moore's significant other's best friend or something. He's socialized with him s few times. Says he's kind of odd. I guess he also snubbed my buddy pretty quickly when he asked about booking my buddy (and therefore me by proxy) about getting us on some of the more exclusive courses in Vegas. 
Where did you want to play?  

Users who are viewing this thread