Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buffalo Bills DT Kyle Williams is a scratch golfer who loves the game. When asked if he would email in a rule violation that he saw on tv, he replied "No, because I'm not a loser that lives in my mom'

This is a 6?!?

A Champion is born, his name is GM. Razor thin! GM - 84 Culdeus - 92 Binky - 107 mphtrilogy - 109 cowboys - 113 (with a dead player) Mookie - 117 Thorn - 119 The Man - 120 He

Just now, Willie Neslon said:

o/u 76 tomorrow.

He led after 36 a few years back right? It's a progression.

Never really thought of him as a majors contender but he can go low. Great iron player & excellent putter. Like he can win a third tier event at 20 under but you don't expect him to be able to grind.

Having a great week.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BobbyLayne said:

He led after 36 a few years back right? It's a progression.

Never really thought of him as a majors contender but he can go low. Great iron player & excellent putter. Like he can win a third tier event at 20 under but you don't expect him to be able to grind.

Having a great week.

I think he was tied 2nd after 36 the year Spieth won. Either way, at some point between now and tomorrow he'll remember he's Charley Hoffman.

Link to post
Share on other sites

:unsure:

 

Ticket#:212353584
Apr 06 09:00 AM 
INTERNET / -1 Apr 06 07:58 AM 
PROP
GOLF - MASTERS TOURNAMENT - WINNER
[72010] JUSTIN ROSE +2000

100 / 2000
Ticket#:212353619
Apr 06 09:00 AM 
INTERNET / -1 Apr 06 07:59 AM 
PROP
GOLF - MASTERS TOURNAMENT - TOP 5
[72110] JUSTIN ROSE +500

100 / 500
Ticket#:212353720
Apr 06 09:00 AM 
INTERNET / -1 Apr 06 08:00 AM 
PROP
GOLF - MASTERS TOURNAMENT - TOP 5
[72111] ADAM SCOTT +550

50 / 275
Ticket#:212353721
Apr 06 09:00 AM 
INTERNET / -1 Apr 06 08:00 AM 
PROP
GOLF - MASTERS TOURNAMENT - TOP 10
[72249] SOREN KJELDSEN +1000

100 / 1000
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Willie Neslon said:

Not being harsh, they look great. Went from balding to full head of natural looking hair.

Don't hate.  Appreciate

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, need2know said:

Not sure what it is about spieth but he quickly became my favorite golfer.  Love the way he plays and seems like a good guy

He wouldn't never blow off one of Chet's clients

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2017 at 3:14 PM, culdeus said:

The Masters really doesn't get going until Justin Rose blows the 36 hole lead quietly on Saturday.  He has some ground to make up to flame out once again this time though.

Well, here we are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ricky putting like a champion...but he can get wild or hot ball striking. Rose will be tough to beat. Serg will fade. Spieth will put up the number to beat...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rory gonna be that guy tomorrow who comes out of the gate loose and makes a move onto the first page before fading. Happens every year on Sunday with a top player way back who plays carefree and shoots right at the accessible pins. Too far back to get it done though. I think any of the players -2 or better except Hoffman have a shot. Gun to head you gotta think Spieth is the guy to beat. Think it'll come down to him vs. Rickey. Rose obviously a factor. Scott and Moore lurking. Sergio is still Sergio, at some point he'll look at the leaderboard and freak out.  Should be fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Willie Neslon said:

Rory gonna be that guy tomorrow who comes out of the gate loose and makes a move onto the first page before fading. Happens every year on Sunday with a top player way back who plays carefree and shoots right at the accessible pins. Too far back to get it done though. I think any of the players -2 or better except Hoffman have a shot. Gun to head you gotta think Spieth is the guy to beat. Think it'll come down to him vs. Rickey. Rose obviously a factor. Scott and Moore lurking. Sergio is still Sergio, at some point he'll look at the leaderboard and freak out.  Should be fun.

 

I have an entirely different feel coming from Sergio - maybe it's him getting married and the Seve birthday thing.  I don't have him in our Masters Pool so it would kill that for me if he wins, but this seems like it could be it for him.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

For Sergio and Rose, it all comes down to putting.  Both are excellent ball strikers, but are hot and cold on the greens.  Sergio easily could have shot 66-67 today, but he couldn't make a putt over 6 feet today.  And it's pretty hard to win at Augusta while putting bad on Sunday. 

I think you're need to get to 9 under to win or get a chance at a playoff.  The odds of at least one of Sergio, Rose, Rickie, and Spieth shooting 67-69 is pretty high.  Don't count out Adam Scott....could easily have a 66 or so in him to get to the magic 9 under number.

Schwartzel is at 2 under and needs to shoot 66 or better to have a chance.  The one unders IMO are a little too far back.  They're not out of it, but they need to go real low and hope none of the top 5 shoots a good score.  They would have a better chance in many situations, but they're looking up at 5 of the top 20 players in the world.

I will handicap it.....Rose 25% chance to win the green jacket, Sergio/Rickie/Spieth at 20% each, and someone else at 15%.

Will be a great finish.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I have an entirely different feel coming from Sergio - maybe it's him getting married and the Seve birthday thing.  I don't have him in our Masters Pool so it would kill that for me if he wins, but this seems like it could be it for him.   

Well the guy is due, that's for sure. Stunning that he's never won a major. He just starts getting whiny out there and you know things about to go south when you see it. It's like he just starts believing he's going to lose. He'll probably never have a better shot to win at the masters than tomorrow. Can't imagine him and Tiger at the champions dinner though. Potential fisticuffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Willie Neslon said:

Well the guy is due, that's for sure. Stunning that he's never won a major. He just starts getting whiny out there and you know things about to go south when you see it. It's like he just starts believing he's going to lose. He'll probably never have a better shot to win at the masters than tomorrow. Can't imagine him and Tiger at the champions dinner though. Potential fisticuffs.

 

I don't think Serg should go for the canary yellow outfit tomorrow though.  Maybe red/black to stick it to his old buddy.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beef Ravioli said:

Would like to hear more about this. Ryder Cup history? Women history? 

Sergio and Tiger have never really gotten along.  Tiger has gotten under Sergio's skin many times.....maybe it's just that Sergio was sick of Tiger whooping his a$$.

There was an incident at the Players a while back....don't remember what happened, but Sergio was really mad at Tiger for some reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Baloney Sandwich said:

I'd like to see Sergio win it, I don't see it happening but it would be cool. I'm good with Sergio, Fowler, Rahm, Couples or McIlroy. 

The only ones I really don't want to see win it are Spieth, Kuchar and FIGJAM.

Why not kuchar? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A year ago, the guy playing with Spieth in the final group at the Masters on Sunday was named Smylie. He drove an '08 Murano, lived at home with his parents, has a brother named Luckie. Did not make any of that up. He shot 81, finished T29 and missed the cut in the other three majors. 

Charley (not Charlie!) is pretty much the only "which of these is not like the others" guy in the top ten. Rose, Spieth, Scott, and Schwartzel have won majors, Garcia and Westwood should have, Fowler and Pieters almost surely will. Moore hasn't had a majors top ten in 8 seasons and has had a journeyman career after a historically great amateur career.  

Moore winning would be a shock to many but that guy should have [had] a great career. Wrist injuries and surgeries IIRC.

The winner today will be one of those startling under par; McIlroy, Rahm, et al, have too many in front of them. In fact, outside the top six (-4) seems super unlikely. Surely somebody in the final 3 groups will post a round in the 60s.

-9 wins outright, -8 gets into a playoff IMO.

Edited by BobbyLayne
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, culdeus said:

An aria logo for Moore. He lose a #### ton at the tables?

No.  He's from Vegas and, as best as I understand it, has this thing about not taking certain sponsorships or only being sponsored by friends and he knows the aria guy. 

I got this from one of my buddies who is married to Moore's significant other's best friend or something. He's socialized with him s few times. Says he's kind of odd. I guess he also snubbed my buddy pretty quickly when he asked about booking my buddy (and therefore me by proxy) about getting us on some of the more exclusive courses in Vegas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zow said:

No.  He's from Vegas and, as best as I understand it, has this thing about not taking certain sponsorships or only being sponsored by friends and he knows the aria guy. 

I got this from one of my buddies who is married to Moore's significant other's best friend or something. He's socialized with him s few times. Says he's kind of odd. I guess he also snubbed my buddy pretty quickly when he asked about booking my buddy (and therefore me by proxy) about getting us on some of the more exclusive courses in Vegas. 

Where did you want to play?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...