Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, JuniorGong said:

It has also hosted a US Open, only a handful of courses have hosted both the PGA and US Open. I think you are selling the course a little short.

A US Open like 50 years ago I guess.  USGA and PGA hate eachother. They don't really want to be seen having events on the same courses unless an absolute emergency.  (See Olympic Club debacle) 

Not to mention that the PGA tends to play on country clubs, and US Open tends to play on courses that are at least partially public available just simply due to their charter (PGA being mostly to serve their membership of club pros).  

Southern Hills is a really odd outlier in this environment.  I can't really explain why either of them wanted to play there.  I think like the Olympics it's starting to get to be a drag on clubs to host these events, for little money, and they lose playing time for months on end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, JuniorGong said:

It has also hosted a US Open, only a handful of courses have hosted both the PGA and US Open. I think you are selling the course a little short.

its 7500 yards.   Its standard pro distance

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JuniorGong said:

way too many people were picking Finau to win this thing, seemed likely he would lay a turd with so many people on his jock.

He also played with Furyk...the Ryder Cup captain...and ranks 13th in the RC standings coming in...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

One of my picks this week, Brooks Koepka, will be there in a couple minutes.  Is he as devastatingly handsome as he appears on TV?

He just hit in front of me. I don't know about the front, but gorgeous from behind.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got home.  So hot now in the afternoon.  Got to see most of the players a little bit.  Pretty neat experience.  The crowds watching Tiger's group were unreal and luckily I got there in time to be right in the front in a shaded spot (between the putting green warm-up area and #1 tee box. After they hit, it completely emptied (and we opted to go home).  I've been to a senior event here a few years ago but otherwise this was my first time at a pro golf tournament, let alone a big tourney like this.  Pretty cool and got really lucky with timing throughout the entire day.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, and when we were watching the group with Jon Rahm, Justin Rose, and Jordan Spieth early this morning when there weren't many people. this one very noticeable female came next to us and was trying to watch Rahm's putt on the green.  The guy I was with could see she wanted to move closer, so he told her to move up in front of him so she could see.  As soon as he missed his putt, she walked off pretty quickly. 

Now I know who she was.  As you can see, she is very easily recognizable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

Oh, and when we were watching the group with Jon Rahm, Justin Rose, and Jordan Spieth early this morning when there weren't many people. this one very noticeable female came next to us and was trying to watch Rahm's putt on the green.  The guy I was with could see she wanted to move closer, so he told her to move up in front of him so she could see.  As soon as he missed his putt, she walked off pretty quickly. 

Now I know who she was.  As you can see, she is very easily recognizable.

Good grief 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Oh, and when we were watching the group with Jon Rahm, Justin Rose, and Jordan Spieth early this morning when there weren't many people. this one very noticeable female came next to us and was trying to watch Rahm's putt on the green.  The guy I was with could see she wanted to move closer, so he told her to move up in front of him so she could see.  As soon as he missed his putt, she walked off pretty quickly. 

Now I know who she was.  As you can see, she is very easily recognizable.

She looks healthy and I really admire how smart she looks

#noban

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only had coverage on a few minutes so far. Is it Immelman in the booth? He just said that there’s nobody mentally tougher than Furyk. Odd statement to me.

Anyway, he was spot on that Finau’s birdie binges will be awesome in match play. 10 birdies playing alongside the Ryder Cup Captain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johnny Rock said:

Only had coverage on a few minutes so far. Is it Immelman in the booth? He just said that there’s nobody mentally tougher than Furyk. Odd statement to me.

Anyway, he was spot on that Finau’s birdie binges will be awesome in match play. 10 birdies playing alongside the Ryder Cup Captain. 

I don’t think he will be on the team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johnny Rock said:

Only had coverage on a few minutes so far. Is it Immelman in the booth? He just said that there’s nobody mentally tougher than Furyk. Odd statement to me.

Agreed...Furyk usually had problems closing at the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...