What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Frank Gore - still in the NFL at 65. (1 Viewer)

Frank Gore rushed five times for 12 yards in the Bills' Week 10 loss to the Browns, adding a four-yard reception.

It was an utterly useless fantasy day, but Gore surprisingly touched the ball just five fewer times than Devin Singletary. Singletary did out-gain his veteran teammate 50-16. It's unclear why the Bills went back to this split usage, but we would not expect it to remain for next week's cake spot with the Dolphins.
We will see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Props to Gore. I remember when he tore his ACL for the 2nd time at Miami, and I thought he'd never make it in the NFL after that.

It would be crazy if he caught Payton for #2. 21 more games at 69 yards per game -- it's not out of the realm of possibility!

Frank Gore rushed 15 times for 65 yards in Buffalo's Week 12 win over the Broncos.

The ageless wonder moved ahead of Barry Sanders (15,269) to sit alone at No. 3 all-time in rushing yards with 15,289 and counting. Gore continues getting leaned on in goal-to-go and clock-killing situations, but he's still been out-touched by Devin Singletary (21/106) 72 to 44 in Buffalo's last four games. The ageless wonder will finish the year as an RB4/5 in standard leagues over the next five contests.

Jets signed Frank Gore, formerly of the Bills, to a one-year contract.

Gore previously led the Dolphins in carries (156) and rushing yards (722) during his last stint under coach Adam Gase in 2018. 37 in May, 'The Inconvenient Truth' inevitably returns to the AFC East for his 16th season to continue adding to his 15,347 career rushing yards, which remain the third-most in NFL history. Gase reportedly tried signing Gore before ex-GM Mike Maccagnan pivoted to Le'Veon Bell (vehemently against the coach's wishes) last offseason, suddenly making this a situation to monitor for fantasy implications. Gore will undoubtedly stroll into the Hall of Fame whenever he decides he's had enough, which won't be the case for at least one more year.

RELATED: 

Le'Veon Bell

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

May 5, 2020, 11:14 AM ET
@Soulfly3 - I am requesting a thread title update on this one.

THIS IS JUST WHAT THE JETS NEED!

Seriously,  picked Gore off the wire for a buck this spring. I figured maybe he had a game or two left in him and it was worth it. Shall I ever see spoils?

I was going no and "loser" also. But I knew he wasn't all cooked, and knew someone would sign him. I did not know it would be Gase. That figures. Dollar, I will never see you again. G'bye. 

I was going no and "loser" also. But I knew he wasn't all cooked, and knew someone would sign him. I did not know it would be Gase. That figures. Dollar, I will never see you again. G'bye. 
Lol. Stranger things have happened like GG Allin writing to me from jail, but unlikely.

Lol. Stranger things have happened like GG Allin writing to me from jail, but unlikely.
GG wrote from jail jail? I'd love to hear about that. Being on the receiving end of his correspondence must have made you feel pretty.

And to think the knock on him coming out of the U was durability concerns due to two ACL injuries.
Just some kid out of the U with bad knees. Outlasted them all Portis, McGahee, Davenport

I think i saw he missed 2 games in 10 years (I think over the last 10 that is).  37 years old this month

15 straight sesons with 500+ rushing yards
15 straight seasons with 125+ attempts
Needs 1,380 rushing yards to move into 2nd all time

He just keeps chugging along.  One of my Faves.

Gore Jr would be a freshman at Southern Miss this fall.  Frank needs to play for 4 more years to get his Griffey moment.

Gore was a nice story early in the season last year and filled in admirably after Singletary got injured. He is also a true professional and a great locker room guy. But it was clear by the end of last season that he is pretty well toast. Maybe the offseason will provide his legs with enough juice to give some quality carries early in the year, but I just can’t see him logging significant carriers or having much of an impact on the field.

Near bottom in terms of fantasy and NFL relevance.

Near top in terms of my heart.

What an unbelievable heart and career and won't surprise me if Gore surprises me with some gas in the tank even at this stage.

Highly unlikely but he's proven naysayers wrong so many times. Just a joy of a career to have watched no matter if this is the end or not.

You have no idea how bad my team is, do you? If Gore gets a start or two for the Jets, he's gold, Pony Boy. Like Matt Schaub in Week 12 in Superflex this year. Gold!  
Naaah was just a good excuse to use the spoiler setting ;)

I expect deluxe vulture type production.

-QG

Is there a thread for this in FFA?

-QG
Nah. Short story: He was in a prison in Michigan and got a hold of one of my flyers for my death metal/thrash fanzine maybe back around 1990. He demanded that I send him a free one.  It was a pretty short note. He doodled on it. I knew who he was, but I was almost out of print and didn't send him one.  If he asked more nicely instead of demanded it, then I probably would have sent him one.

Jets RB Frank Gore said he had an offer to join the Raiders but chose New York in part because of his good relationship with coach Adam Gase.

The 37-year-old didn't state when exactly he received an offer from Jon Gruden this offseason, but it's still quite telling that Las Vegas' front office went out of there way to try and scoop the veteran up. He'll instead reside in New York this upcoming year, undoubtedly splitting time with Le'Veon Bell as a two-down grinder. Coach Adam Gase recently hinted in an interview with ESPN that he would prefer to take a "less is more" approach with Bell's workload and Gore's (along with fourth-round rookie Lamical Perine's) presence allows that to happen. There's no denying the former will cut into Bell's touches ... it's simply a matter of how many.

RELATED: 

Le'Veon Bell

, Josh Jacobs

, Las Vegas Raiders

SOURCE: Jim Trotter on Twitter

May 6, 2020, 2:42 PM ET

Nah. Short story: He was in a prison in Michigan and got a hold of one of my flyers for my death metal/thrash fanzine maybe back around 1990. He demanded that I send him a free one.  It was a pretty short note. He doodled on it. I knew who he was, but I was almost out of print and didn't send him one.  If he asked more nicely instead of demanded it, then I probably would have sent him one.
If he asked more nicely you would've known it wasn't him 😎

That's my login name one poker site btw.

-QG

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports the Jets' offensive "plan" is to lessen Le'Veon Bell's workload by utilizing Frank Gore.

In this scenario, Bell would average something similar to his 20.7 touches per game from last year but play fewer snaps to keep fresh. It's an unsurprising development since the 37-year-old, who previously led the Dolphins in both carries (156) and rushing yards (722) under Adam Gase, was signed to do much more than simply be a handcuff. There's enough concern about Gore's usage in short-yardage situations and passing downs that Bell, currently being drafted in the mid-fourth round, isn't valuable at that ADP in the slightest. 

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Aug 17, 2020, 3:49 PM ET

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe, who covered Adam Gase in Miami, said the Jets head coach "loves" Frank Gore and implied the veteran could split carries with RB Le'Veon Bell. 

Bell on Wednesday appeared unhappy about his practice usage while the Jets offense struggled mightily throughout. Wolfe chimed in on Twitter, saying he "wouldn’t be surprised if that backfield is split more than some Jets fans might want. Gore still has some gas in the tank and plays how Gase likes his backs — downhill, always moving forward, good vision and pass blocking." Gore led Gase's 2018 Dolphins in carries, and the Jets have been open about using the 37-year-old back to lighten Bell's workload in 2020. 

RELATED: 

Le'Veon Bell

SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

Aug 26, 2020, 12:36 PM ET

The Athletic's Connor Hughes writes Frank Gore has been "the most productive back" at Jets training camp.

"I know Le’Veon Bell is the all-pro, highest-paid, big-play guy with the all-world reputation," Hughes writes, "but the Jets are getting far more production out of Gore. He receives the handoff, finds the hole, then gets through. That’s not the case with Bell." The Jets undoubtedly upgraded its talent in the trenches, signing Connor McGovern and George Fant on top of drafting Mekhi Becton with the No. 11 overall pick, but there are still concerns over cohesiveness given the lack of reps all will receive together in a shortened offseason. Bell will undoubtedly lead this backfield in touches, but Gore projects to do just enough to stifle any ceiling the former would otherwise offer.

SOURCE: Connor Hughes on Twitter

Aug 28, 2020, 3:34 PM ET

The topic title. 

:lol:

man - every time I read Jets news I wonder how their HC is employed. I love Gore like the father figure I always needed, but Bell is a very talented back and he’s just wasting away in NY. 

How have they not dealt him to the Bears by now?  Just run out with Methuselah and call it good.   :shrug:  

The topic title. 

:lol:

man - every time I read Jets news I wonder how their HC is employed. I love Gore like the father figure I always needed, but Bell is a very talented back and he’s just wasting away in NY. 

How have they not dealt him to the Bears by now?  Just run out with Methuselah and call it good.   :shrug:  
Gase will probably give Gore 20 rushing attempts just to make Bell angry.

It seems strange, all of the projections by @David Dodds @Maurile Tremblay and the other staffers still have Josh Adams (who was sent to the practice squad early in the day yesterday) ranked as the top Jets RB this week.
Thanks. I missed the Adams news (though I think there's a good chance he'll be active again on gameday). Gore is top dog for now, then Perine if healthy. If Perine is out, I'd rank Adams ahead of Ballage. But it's all a mess.

Thanks. I missed the Adams news (though I think there's a good chance he'll be active again on gameday). Gore is top dog for now, then Perine if healthy. If Perine is out, I'd rank Adams ahead of Ballage. But it's all a mess.
Thanks for the reply!  I missed the news too somehow (had a busy day and no time to check).  Quickly threw in a waiver for Adams based on ranks as I'm desperate for a 2nd RB this week.. luckily only spent $2 on him as I dropped him right away haha.  Gase seems to love Ballage though, could see him getting the 2nd most carries behind Gore.  I'm in a tough spot.

Frank Gore (hand) is questionable for Week 8 against the Chiefs.

Gore was limited on Wednesday, downgraded to DNP on Thursday, and limited again for Friday. Gore's absence on Sunday would obviously entrench La'Mical Perine into a bell-cow role after the rookie played a season-high 40 snaps in Week 7. Note that OC Dowell Loggains will continue to call plays in Week 8 against Kansas City.

RELATED: 

Lamical Perine

SOURCE: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Oct 30, 2020, 9:39 PM ET

Frank Gore rushed 10 times for 30 yards in the Jets' Week 8 loss to the Chiefs.

Gore was not targeted in the passing game. We have reached the "why? .... just why...." phase of Gore's status as the Jets' lead back. This is not accomplishing anything, even treading water. The 0-8 Jets need to see what they have in Lamical Perine. The Jets' offense doesn't even score, so Gore has no FLEX floor. It goes without saying he doesn't have a ceiling. The Patriots are a bad Week 9 matchup.  

- Rotoworld

Frank Gore rushed 12 times for 46 yards in the Jets' Week 9 loss to the Patriots.

Gore caught both of his pass-game targets for 13 yards and out-carried rookie Lamical Perine 12-6. The veteran is simply a favorite of coach Adam Gase and won't get out of the way for Perine to show what he has as a younger player with more juice in his legs. Gore is way off the fantasy radar with the Jets headed into their bye before a Week 11 date with the Chargers.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:32 PM ET

Frank Gore rushed 18 times for 74 yards and caught all three of his targets for 12 yards in Week 12 against the Dolphins.

Gore got 13 of his 18 carries and most of his yards in the first half. The Jets were shut out after that and didn't score outside of a first-quarter field goal. The 74 yards were a season high for Gore, who has the backfield to himself with Lamical Perine on IR. Gore is a low-end RB3 for a Week 13 matchup with the Bengals.

- Rotoworld

Jets coach Adam Gase said he "feels good" about Frank Gore's workload moving forward.

“We’re going to just keep trying to rotate those guys as well as we can," Gase said lying through his teeth. "The flow of the game really doesn’t always go as smooth as you want. I think, with the amount of games we’ve got left, I feel good about Gore's workload. I mean, watching him practice, you can’t tell. He still looks pretty good in practice.” Rather than allowing either Ty Johnson or Josh Adams, currently in their second and third years in the league, to soak up rookie La'Mical Perine's (injured reserve) role Sunday, Gase leaned on 37-year-old Gore for his second-highest touch count (21) and snaps (32, 58%) of the year in New York's three-score blowout loss. As long as Gase is still calling plays and at the head of the table, Gore will clearly continue receiving empty touches while the offense fails to score points weekly.

SOURCE: NY Post

Dec 4, 2020, 1:20 PM ET

Jets coach Adam Gase expects Frank Gore (concussion) to return for Sunday's game against the Seahawks. 

Gore was downgraded from "limited" to "DNP" on Thursday, but it was with his usual "non-injury" designation. It appears he will be given the green light on Friday. Gore's return would nuke Ty Johnson's RB2/FLEX viability before it even begins. Gore will barely be a top-36 option if he goes for a road contest where the Jets are nearly two-touchdown underdogs. 

RELATED: 

Ty Johnson

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter 

Dec 10, 2020, 6:02 PM ET

Frank Gore (concussion) is listed as questionable to play the Seahawks in Week 14. 

Jets head coach Adam Gase said he expects the 40-year veteran to suit up against Seattle. That makes Ty Johnson close to unplayable after Johnson rushed 22 times for 104 yards and a touchdown in Week 13. Gore is a last ditch RB3/4 option with no ceiling against the Seahawks. 

RELATED: 

Ty Johnson

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Dec 11, 2020, 4:47 PM ET

I'm in a lot of trouble in Week 15 of one league. I have a bye, overall points lead by quite a bit, yet I probably have to start one of Mostert, Wilson, Gore, or Barber as an RB2 while flexing a WR in some into some tough competition. Gibson's injury hurts. Ouch. 

Users who are viewing this thread