What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

49'ers shopping Kaepernick (1 Viewer)

That's significant because if they are willing to take the cap hit to trade him I'm guessing they are willing to take it to cut him. That and pretty much anytime you see a team "taking offers" it usually means one way or another they are moving on from the player.

The only team I see making a deal and taking over the $49M guaranteed on his contract is the Eagles.

@JaysonBraddock 2m

The Eagles are confirmed as one of the two teams in talks and an unnamed NFC team as the other. (Colin Kaepernick trade)

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW if they are trading him, the cap consequences (per overthecap.com) is...

$9,863,013 in dead money

$5,402,740 in cap (Kaep?) savings

-QG

I understand why Kelly could be interested in Kap and maybe why the SF might be interested in Foles. I can't figure out why Chicago is involved. Cutler's salary is like a boat anchor - can't trade or cut him without a cap crippling penalty.

I thought for sure this was a false rumor but its all over the net.

---------

Daryl Ruiter @RuiterWrongFAN · 2h 2 hours ago

Cue late night Twitter crash in 3,2,1 RT @JaysonBraddock BREAKING NEWS: 49ers have put Colin Kaepernick on the trading block. Taking offers.

----------

Their was talk of the Niners trading Kap last year when his salary seemed to be an issue.

First they can't work with a coach who was one of the most successful guys to have instant success and let him walk and now they want to ditch their QB? I know Harbaugh was a pain and all and Kap had some sort of police-type issue that got swept under the carpet awhile back but what is going in by the Bay? :confused:

Also I would have to say that Cleveland would have to be considered a prime suspect since they are the only team with two number-one draft picks and a boat load of salary cap space and a long standing need at quarterback but the front office had better conduct thorough do-diligence on this matter before pulling the trigger.

Well, Chip, while you're diving into the 49ers buffet....is there any other San Francisco offensive player you might want?

I don't think most of you understand Kaep's contract... Very little is guaranteed in there. They can basically walk away with no penalty if he is cut by 4/1.

If it's on the Internet it must be true.
Roto:

Colin Kaepernick - QB - 49ers
49ers GM Trent Baalke shot down Colin Kaepernick trade rumors Sunday night.
Jayson Braddock of KBME in Houston reported the 49ers had "put Kaepernick on the trading block." He went on to name the Eagles and Bears as suitors. NFL front office types usually don't bother to comment on rumors like this, but Baalke released a statement: "Colin is our quarterback and we are excited to have him. He is not going anywhere. The media reports suggesting otherwise are without merit and, quite frankly, ridiculous." For what it's worth, Braddock was the first to break the Byron Maxwell signing with Eagles story Sunday.
Related: Bears, Eagles

Source: CSN Bay Area
Mar 9 - 8:02 AM

If it's on the Internet it must be true.
Roto:

Colin Kaepernick - QB - 49ers
49ers GM Trent Baalke shot down Colin Kaepernick trade rumors Sunday night.
Jayson Braddock of KBME in Houston reported the 49ers had "put Kaepernick on the trading block." He went on to name the Eagles and Bears as suitors. NFL front office types usually don't bother to comment on rumors like this, but Baalke released a statement: "Colin is our quarterback and we are excited to have him. He is not going anywhere. The media reports suggesting otherwise are without merit and, quite frankly, ridiculous." For what it's worth, Braddock was the first to break the Byron Maxwell signing with Eagles story Sunday.
Related: Bears, Eagles

Source: CSN Bay Area
Mar 9 - 8:02 AM
A GM squashes a report that a player is on the market which would create animosity should a trade not materialize. It must be true. ;)

@GeoffMosherCSN: RT @JohnMiddlekauff: Talked to multiple people - Kaepernick rumor is totally false. Twitter gives random people 15 minutes of fame I guess

@AdamSchefter: Well-placed 49ers official on report that SF is seeking to trade QB Colin Kaepernick: "Totally false. 0% truth."

Yup, I also remember less than a year ago Baalke announcing that any reports of he and Harbaugh having a strained relationship were "completely off base".

If Baalke is back-pedaling I think it only adds validity to the reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than his dismantling of the Packers a few times he has been pretty average. Of course for a young Q.B. to be average is pretty good since most would project some upside through at least year 5.

If I never have to watch him play against the Packers again I would be a happy camper.

Other than his dismantling of the Packers a few times he has been pretty average. Of course for a young Q.B. to be average is pretty good since most would project some upside through at least year 5.

If I never have to watch him play against the Packers again I would be a happy camper.
So probably hoping the Bears rumor isn't true?

Users who are viewing this thread