What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Contest of Champions - Time Killer (1 Viewer)

Only 28k away from the next Ultron reward of 75 units. People were talking earlier about maybe needing those units to buy a 3 star crystal if the offer popped up. Maybe everyone can agree not to go after dupes in the first hour. Wait until Ultron 3v3 is over to see if people make it and get the units they need.

I wish they could improve the load times. A lot of times it takes longer to load than the battle takes.

Last edited by a moderator:
My account was in the dead zone last week. Was the scoring the same for this event last week? ie. Basically we need 40 3 star dupes or 400 2 star dupes?

I'm waiting til we hit the 75 credits to open my crystals. 4 2*, 7 premium, 1 3*... and I'll have over 400 credits at that point, so I'll be getting the 3* offer for a second one when the offer comes up. Should help a lot.

This one is friggin tough without spending money imo.

I'm waiting til we hit the 75 credits to open my crystals. 4 2*, 7 premium, 1 3*... and I'll have over 400 credits at that point, so I'll be getting the 3* offer for a second one when the offer comes up. Should help a lot.

This one is friggin tough without spending money imo.
we got the 75 credits.

Sadly Im still 110 short of the 3 star offer. My daughter was kind enough to buy me a crystal last week

If we had bigger accounts that had a long list of 3-star champs, then it would be relatively easy if we all hoard crystals, but since many of us have fewer than 10 3-stars, even if we pull 3-star champs they tend to be new.

After cashing in 8 crystals, I had only 2 2* dupes, a couple of 1* guys, and then gold and Iso. I have enough credits to purchase another premium crystal, if that helps. I'll keep an eye on things and most likely purchase it tonight if it looks like it will help. If we've already reached the total, I'll hold the credits for later.

Missed on both my 3* crystals, hit on a handful of 2*. I'll keep trying on the Arena, and should get another premium from Black Widow before noon tomorrow I hope.

I am in the same boat as Peak. Opened a handful of Alliance and 10 Battle with no dupes to show for either. Got some from my 2* batch from Sunday and a couple from saved daily crystals. I have about 390 credits or so right now, so if needed I can even buy the 135 credit deal and get 5 PC's if we get near the end and need to try and get over the hump.

Crystal Results:

2 Alliance Crystals: 1 dupe 2* UnCol

5 Arena Crystals: No dupes

4 2* Crystals: 4 dupes (2x Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Rhino)

8 Premium Crystals: 6 dupes: 3*: Iron Fist (hell yeah!), Rhino 2*: Magic, Vision, Drax, Hawkeye. 2 non dupes 3*s also (Improved Ironman & Colousus

2 3* Crystals: 2 dupes! Magic and Abomination... who I both hate.

Overall, not bad for dupe day.

6 alliance, 20 arena, 4 daily, 4 premium, 1 spiderbite and I only got 50 points for us. Lots of new 2* and a 3* black bolt. At least I now have 6 3* and a few new 2* teams to run the arena with. I can buy 3 more premiums, and we can all cash in another daily and alliance between now and tomorrow, but it won't really help unless some of us pull a few more 3* out of our asses. Tonight I will try to do a bunch of 1v1 to get those crystals to try for the Punisher in those, that is where I got my 3* from.

I have 100% Act 3 with the exception of Thanos, was building to even attempt a run at him. I have 2 full energy refills, so tonight I'll make a run at 100% Thanos, which will net me another 3* crystal to help with Dupe day. I have 4 completely maxed awakened 3*, so hopefully I have enough health to do it. All those +20% health and attack should help too.

Hopefully everyone now sees how important it is to hold onto any crystal you get that can create a duplicate.

Managed to get two 3* Dupes, along with 14 other dupes(thirteen 2*) I'm 70 credits short of the 3* deal, so I did all I could.

Turned in a boatload of Arena crystals with not a single dupe of either Punisher, so my luck with him seems to have run out.

So, should I hold onto the PC we got from this for the crystal opening day or open it in the hopes of getting another dupe? Do we have a game plan?

Game plan is to wait for everyone to have a chance to open all the stuff they saved for today. Tomorrow morning we can reassess and see if any crystals need to be bought or whatever.

It's only been 2 hours...just be patient.

Game plan is to wait for everyone to have a chance to open all the stuff they saved for today. Tomorrow morning we can reassess and see if any crystals need to be bought or whatever.

It's only been 2 hours...just be patient.
All of the active members though have earned points, so I think everyone has basically opened.

Crystal opening day we maxed out before I could even log in. I'd worry more about the dupe one until we're maxed.

For Crystal day we can do it with only using free and versus crystals (assuming they don't change anything). This last time it was 25/quest or versus, and 50/free. Over the next 5 days we should each be able to get around 18 free crystals (3-5 a day for 5 days) which would be 900 points. The top reward was only 10k points. If 12 of us hoard the free crystals we would have enough. Add in any random quest/versus crystals and we can easily top 10k without having to waste a crystal with someone inside it. We should make sure we have extra incase they change the scoring on us.

Use up any crystals you have until we get the 3* prize. If we don't hit the 3*, we will be in that much better shape for the next one since we are all filling in the gaps in our roosters.

Sweet! I opened up a PC and got another 2* Wolv dup. Which I thought sucked since I had so many of him already. But then I got the offer for the 3*. Bought the rest of the credits I needed and opened that up. Got a dup 3* Magik who I wanted to upgrade anyway. Hopefully we can get the 840 points needed still. If I finish my 100% of Act 2 today then I'll get another 3* for a dup chance.

Sweet! I opened up a PC and got another 2* Wolv dup. Which I thought sucked since I had so many of him already. But then I got the offer for the 3*. Bought the rest of the credits I needed and opened that up. Got a dup 3* Magik who I wanted to upgrade anyway. Hopefully we can get the 840 points needed still. If I finish my 100% of Act 2 today then I'll get another 3* for a dup chance.
Thanks, I really appreciate anyone willing to spend money to get us over the hump.

I've gotten something like 12 dupe 2* Unstoppable Colossuses, but can't pull a 3 star.

No dupe Punishers out of 20 arena crystals :angry:

No dupe Punishers out of 20 arena crystals :angry:
Didn't get any out of 35 or 36 of them, after having them fall like rain for 3 weeks.

Landed a couple hundred credits, at least.

what was the scoring and prizes for the rank up challenge? I have a number ( 1 3*, 4 2* ) that I could rank or hold til the next challenge.

New Ultron Arena chapter "The Avengers" was just unlocked. Assuming this Ultron only has 3 chapters completing that will give you a 3*.

I did not get the 3* offer and have 830 units saved. By next Tuesday I should have close to 2000. Guess maybe I will save up for the 4* deal since I won't open anymore crystals besides tomorrows daily until next Dupeday. Maybe my daily will have a dupe 2* as opposed to the 1* Gamoras that I have pulled for the last few days.

what was the scoring and prizes for the rank up challenge? I have a number ( 1 3*, 4 2* ) that I could rank or hold til the next challenge.
At least for the time being, I'd say if you are talking about any of your best heroes that you need to rank up for use in story and catalyst quests, just upgrade them, no need to wait. We had no problem with the event last time and a lot of us didn't even get a chance to upgrade our guys before we were maxed out.

Just got a dupe 3* colossus with juggernauts helmet.

Then it offered me a 4 star for what comes to $100. No thanks

At least for the time being, I'd say if you are talking about any of your best heroes that you need to rank up for use in story and catalyst quests, just upgrade them, no need to wait. We had no problem with the event last time and a lot of us didn't even get a chance to upgrade our guys before we were maxed out.
Yea, I saved my 4* for that event, and by the time I logged in we had far surpassed the requirements. I ranked her up anyways figuring I would save a couple 3* for next time.

We should hit the 3* crystal. Keep in mind that in theory we get another daily crystal and alliance crystal. If people with Punishers are opening Arena Crystals, we can get a couple dupes there too, hopefully. I would suggest people hang onto their Premium crystals until the morning and see where we stand. 6 people still have not opened anything yet

We should hit the 3* crystal. Keep in mind that in theory we get another daily crystal and alliance crystal. If people with Punishers are opening Arena Crystals, we can get a couple dupes there too, hopefully. I would suggest people hang onto their Premium crystals until the morning and see where we stand. 6 people still have not opened anything yet
Names may get posted. PMs may get sent. Patriots fans may be told you said the Wells Report was remarkably well put together and detailed.

So chop chop!

Names may get posted. PMs may get sent. Patriots fans may be told you said the Wells Report was remarkably well put together and detailed.

So chop chop!
:noban: I opened mine.

Thanks to the power-players for doing all the heavy lifting.

So chop chop!
:jawdrop:

Crystals opened. Didn't dupe with my 3* (but got my 9th 3*, so not all bad). 1*s on all the dailies (and one catalyst) and 2*s on all the others.

Only good thing was I turned in 5 alliance crystals, and got another 2* unstop collossus dupe.

:kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread