What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 rookie 2.04 (Pre NFL draft) for Dynasty (1 Viewer)

Who is your choice for rookie pick 2.04 in 2QB scoring?

• WR Sammie Coates

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • WR/TE Devin Funchess

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • QB Bryce Petty

• QB Garrett Grayson

• WR Breshad Perriman

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • WR Devin Smith

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • RB David Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR Tyler Lockett

• RB David Cobb

• RB Cameron Artis-Payne

• WR Nelson Agholor

• TE Maxx Williams

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • WR Chris Conley

• Other (please post who this player is in the thread)

• Dont play in this format

Votes: 20 44.4%

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
This set of polls is for rookie picks prior to the NFL draft. There will also be a set of polls for after the NFL draft. As always - please feel free to add any comments on why you selected a player at this slot and to suggest players who you think have been overlooked (or if you voted other, then please feel free to add a post on who you voted for).

The purpose for these polls is to attempt to roughly gauge the perceived values of the rookie players without knowing the context of their draft position and team that they are drafted by. The polls that take place after the NFL Draft obviously will factor in situation as well as talent, and of course the knowledge of what NFL Draft round and team each player has landed on.

Debate is very welcome as we all want to know not only which players are specifically ranked ahead of others but also why. This also bumps the thread so that more people will see the poll and hopefully participate by voting.

I will try to stay on top of these and keep the polls moving. The more votes the better. I prefer to not close any poll until there are at least 100 votes and I might leave a poll open longer if the vote is very close between prospects.

Here are the results so far:

2015 Rookie 1.01 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.02 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.03 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.04 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.05 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.06 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.07 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.08 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.09 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.10 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.11 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.12 (Pre NfL draft)

2015 Rookie 2.01 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 2.02 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 2.03 (Pre NFL draft)

Standard Scoring

1.01 RB Todd Gurley (50.4%)
1.02 RB Melvin Gordon (79.8%)

1.03 WR Amari Cooper (67%)
1.04 WR DeVante Parker (34.1%)

1.05 WR Kevin White (48.3%)

1.06 WR Dorial Green-Beckham (33%)

1.07 RB Jay Ayaji (37.5%)

1.08 RB Ameer Abdullah (23.6%)

1.09 WR Jaelen Strong (28.1%)

1.10 RB Tevin Coleman (27.3%)

1.11 RB TJ Yeldon (32.6%)

1.12 RB Duke Johnson (31%)

2.01 QB Jamies Winston (27%)

2.02 QB Marcus Mariotta (18.5%)

2.03 WR Sammie Coates (30.5%)

PPR Scoring

1.01 RB Todd Gurley (50.4%)
1.02 RB Melvin Gordon (58.3%)
1.03 WR Amari Cooper (73.4%)

1.04 WR DeVante Parker (46.6%)

1.05 WR Kevin White (65.5%)

1.06 WR Dorial Green-Beckham (39%)

1.07 RB Jay Ayaji (26.1%)

1.08 WR Jaelen Strong (25%)

1.09 RB Ameer Abdullah (39%)

1.10 RB Tevin Coleman (20.8%)

1.11 RB TJ Yeldon (32.6%)

1.12 RB Duke Johnson (38%)

2.01 QB Jamies Winston (27%)

2.02 WR Breshad Perriman (22.2%)

2.03 WR Sammie Coates (30.5%)

Start 2 QB Scoring

1.01 RB Todd Gurley (30%)

1.02 RB Melvin Gordon (27.4%)

1.03 QB Marcus Mariotta (31.7%)

1.04 QB Jamies Winston (37.5%)

1.05 WR Amari Cooper (26.4%)

1.06 WR WR DeVante Parker (32%)

1.07 WR Kevin White (46.6%)

1.08 WR Dorial Green-Beckham (29.2%)

1.09 RB Jay Ayaji (32.8%)

1.10 WR Jaelen Strong (20.8%)

1.11RB Ameer Abdullah (19.6%)

1.12 RB Tevin Coleman (26.2%)

2.01 RB TJ Yeldon (24.3%)

2.02 QB Brett Hundley (22.2%)

2.03 RB Duke Johnson (27.8%)

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize the point of this exercise is to determine how we feel about the rookies' talent level before we find out what the NFL thinks, but at this point in the player pool it's going to be almost 100% determined by draft position and landing spot for the guys left on these lists.

So while I may like a guy like Dorsett's chances to be fantasy relevant, if he goes in round 6 and Funchess or Perriman go in Round 1 or 2, I'm obviously going to adjust my thinking.

I'm sure most will be taking this approach once we get into Round 2 in our rookie drafts (whether they'll admit it or not), with the exception of perhaps a few man crushes on certain players that will cause a "reach".

You make a good point Doc Oc as despite how I have the players ranked currently I certainly will take into consideration the draft position of all the players and adjust my rankings somewhat due to that as well as how I see the player fitting in with their new team.

However I consider pre NFL draft rankings to be a useful reference, particularly for finding sleepers and trade targets.

Using your example of Dorsett. Lets say he does fall to the 6th round but he goes to the Saints. I am still going to be very interested in him in that situation. I am going to wonder why he fell that far and look into reasons for that. If I do not find those reasons, or the reasons do not seem like a big deal to me, I will recognize that Dorsett will likely be under valued by the FF community because of the draft position in the NFL, and so I will not draft him as high as I might have considered doing so prior to the NFL draft, but I still may want that player on my roster.

I think these polls can help FF owners identify which players the FF community does value, even if the NFL draft says otherwise.

I see Perriman is currently leading the PPR poll. Didn't he win at 2.02?
Yes. Thank you. Fixed now.

I see 3 votes for Perriman. I just want to remind people that they can change their vote. I will note that these were 3 votes for Perriman not Kenny Bell.

You make a good point Doc Oc as despite how I have the players ranked currently I certainly will take into consideration the draft position of all the players and adjust my rankings somewhat due to that as well as how I see the player fitting in with their new team.

However I consider pre NFL draft rankings to be a useful reference, particularly for finding sleepers and trade targets.

Using your example of Dorsett. Lets say he does fall to the 6th round but he goes to the Saints. I am still going to be very interested in him in that situation. I am going to wonder why he fell that far and look into reasons for that. If I do not find those reasons, or the reasons do not seem like a big deal to me, I will recognize that Dorsett will likely be under valued by the FF community because of the draft position in the NFL, and so I will not draft him as high as I might have considered doing so prior to the NFL draft, but I still may want that player on my roster.

I think these polls can help FF owners identify which players the FF community does value, even if the NFL draft says otherwise.
Yeah, hope it didn't come across as me saying these polls were useless - I agree with what you're saying.

I was just putting some perspective, from my point of view at least, on it. I'm still voting by how I rank the guys at this point.

Yep that is how I am voting is off my current list.

Speaking of which, are there any players that people think should be added to these polls over the players I have currently listed? If so who? My list right now is still not 100 players deep. So there may be some players I just haven't gotten around to looking into yet. I do have some players on my watch list I still haven't watched yet.

I can give an example of a player who I ranked pretty highly in the 2013 draft was Zac Stacy. Then after he was only a 5th round pick a lot of people took the position to ignore him. Due to success rate probabilities of late round RB and other logical reasons. But because I had him so high in my pre NFL draft evaluation, and looking at the level of his competition, as well as historical factors of the coaching staff. I still valued Stacy pretty highly and argued he was value around pick 2.03 in part based off my thoughts, but also based on the polls around that time.

Another example that I missed on was Andre Ellington. I dismissed him in part because of lack of combine information and also because he was a 24 year old rookie. He was a 6th round draft pick in the 2013 draft so many people dismissed him having value. But people who had him ranked highly during the pre NFL draft process, likely remembered that. They may have let him slide a bit in their drafts trusting their competition to pass on him for awhile, but they likely snatched him up later on in the draft anyways. Found a roster spot for him.

I think these polls can help identify those players, and how much the FF community might value them even after a fall in the NFL draft.

At the very least I love these polls because even if the drafting positions stay the same post-NFL draft, then I know a relative spot that I can try to trade into. If I really like someone that lets say is #10 on my board, but hasn't gotten many votes til 2.09 for example, then I might look at that as a good place to trade into (or a spot or 2 above). It's a great tool to find where you may want to position yourself in the draft.

Love the polls, thanks again for taking these over Biabreakable.

Biabreakable said:
Yep that is how I am voting is off my current list.

Speaking of which, are there any players that people think should be added to these polls over the players I have currently listed? If so who? My list right now is still not 100 players deep. So there may be some players I just haven't gotten around to looking into yet. I do have some players on my watch list I still haven't watched yet.

I can give an example of a player who I ranked pretty highly in the 2013 draft was Zac Stacy. Then after he was only a 5th round pick a lot of people took the position to ignore him. Due to success rate probabilities of late round RB and other logical reasons. But because I had him so high in my pre NFL draft evaluation, and looking at the level of his competition, as well as historical factors of the coaching staff. I still valued Stacy pretty highly and argued he was value around pick 2.03 in part based off my thoughts, but also based on the polls around that time.

Another example that I missed on was Andre Ellington. I dismissed him in part because of lack of combine information and also because he was a 24 year old rookie. He was a 6th round draft pick in the 2013 draft so many people dismissed him having value. But people who had him ranked highly during the pre NFL draft process, likely remembered that. They may have let him slide a bit in their drafts trusting their competition to pass on him for awhile, but they likely snatched him up later on in the draft anyways. Found a roster spot for him.

I think these polls can help identify those players, and how much the FF community might value them even after a fall in the NFL draft.
I think you have it covered for the most part - at this point. I'd maybe add Tyler Kroft to the ppr poll once Maxx Williams goes off the board (I don't really think there's any consensus yet for the second TE in this draft, so there could be another preference).

Thanks for the suggestion Doc. I haven't looked in to Kroft yet.

I have Clive Warford at the end of my tier 2 group as the second TE. He seems to be a similar prospect to Maxx Williams except he is 23 years old compared to 21 for Williams.

The TE rookie group this season seems very uninspiring. I am not sure if Williams is much better than Troy Niklas as a prospect for fantasy, which I don't consider to be very good. I haven't spent much time on the TE because they don't seem worth it this year. But maybe there are some guys I just don't know about yet. Like Kroft for example.

I see a 2nd vote for Agholor, whose joining me in believing in him?
Not yet. :)

FWIW I have Agholor ranked 25th overall right now.

WR I have ahead of him that have not won a poll yet are

Devin Smith

Phillip Dorsett

Tyler Lockett

Devin Funchess

Biabreakable said:
Zyphros said:
I see a 2nd vote for Agholor, whose joining me in believing in him?
Not yet. :)

FWIW I have Agholor ranked 25th overall right now.

WR I have ahead of him that have not won a poll yet are

Devin Smith

Phillip Dorsett

Tyler Lockett

Devin Funchess
I didn't even rank Funchess til 40th overall, mainly b/c I don't want to touch him at all.

But there are 2 votes for Agholor in the PPR and 2QB poll, just curious who that may be. Got me excited that I may not be the only one ha

Are IDPs going to be part of these polls, or no? I picked Eric Kendricks around where some of these players are going.

Are IDPs going to be part of these polls, or no? I picked Eric Kendricks around where some of these players are going.
No I wasn't planning to include IDPs

This is something you could do in the IDP forum. Where those players would slot with the offense is tricky and depends a lot on the league scoring and starting requirements.

If you look at the number of people voting do not play in a 2QB format, I would guess that the people who do not play in IDP formats might be even higher.

Personally I have been an advocate for IDP formats in the past. But after taking a break from FF for awhile and then coming back to it I have only been focusing on the offensive side of the ball.

eta- I do like Kendricks a lot. I have even suggested him as a possible target for the Vikings in the first round (if they traded down). I love his coverage ability. He did some really nice things against Jaelen Strong and in some other games I watched he really stood out to me. So he does seem like a good target for one of the first IDPs.

No I wasn't planning to include IDPs

This is something you could do in the IDP forum. Where those players would slot with the offense is tricky and depends a lot on the league scoring and starting requirements.

If you look at the number of people voting do not play in a 2QB format, I would guess that the people who do not play in IDP formats might be even higher.

Personally I have been an advocate for IDP formats in the past. But after taking a break from FF for awhile and then coming back to it I have only been focusing on the offensive side of the ball.

eta- I do like Kendricks a lot. I have even suggested him as a possible target for the Vikings in the first round (if they traded down). I love his coverage ability. He did some really nice things against Jaelen Strong and in some other games I watched he really stood out to me. So he does seem like a good target for one of the first IDPs.
I like Kendricks too. I'm in a draft going on now, and I took him as the first rookie IDP. Maybe won't be as valuable as his brother is now, but I'll think he'll be close.

Now that I've got him in my pre-draft draft, another player I'd mention for inclusion is Tre McBride, WR, from William & Mary.

He's not really being talked about, but I can see him being taken in the 2nd-3rd round of the NFL draft.

Thanks for the suggestion Don. I will look to add him in the next poll. :thumbup:

Poll closed at 49 votes

Results

Standard Scoring

2.04 WR Breshad Perriman (43.2%)

PPR Scoring

2.04 QB Marcus Mariotta (31.8%)

Start 2 QB Scoring

2.04 WR Sammie Coates (15.9%)

note - Breshad Perriman had 13.6% of the vote at the time of polls closing in the 2QB poll. Coates had 7 votes to Perrimans 6 votes. So very close.

Poll 2.05 can be found here

Users who are viewing this thread