What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Ball (MFL10s, DRAFT, etc.) (3 Viewers)

Everyone needs to get into Draft now. The normal people are playing. Currently in a draft Collins went 2.6 and Rodgers 2.7. I got Hunt at 1.8 and Julio at 2.5! Let’s make money folks.

Update: Another guy took Watson at 5.3, Wilson at 7.3 and Wentz at 8.10. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone needs to get into Draft now. The normal people are playing. Currently in a draft Collins went 2.6 and Rodgers 2.7. I got Hunt at 1.8 and Julio at 2.5! Let’s make money folks.

Update: Another guy took Watson at 5.3, Wilson at 7.3 and Wentz at 8.10. 
I would say overall Draft drafters are less savvy than MFLers at this point, for sure.

As a Bears homer and a Ryan Nall fan, found myself taking flyers on him in the last round. 

I would say overall Draft drafters are less savvy than MFLers at this point, for sure.
You know there might be something to that. I'm not a big fan of their site but I did win at a healthy clip there last year. I just didn't invest much of anything.  But nearly every bestball team I drafted cashed, so.......

Anyone wanna help me out here... how the heck do you set up for an auto-draft pick?  I see where you can add to your queue, but it says it only picks from there if the timer runs out on you.  How do you set it up to pick a certain player once your turn hits?

Anyone wanna help me out here... how the heck do you set up for an auto-draft pick?  I see where you can add to your queue, but it says it only picks from there if the timer runs out on you.  How do you set it up to pick a certain player once your turn hits?
There should be a little “button slider thingy” in the top right that has AUTO written beside it. Just tap that. That will put you on auto draft, which goes off your Queue until you run out of players. Then your DraftList then ADP.

Everyone needs to get into Draft now.

pbandy1 said:
I knocked out 5 of the $5 12 team fast drafts over the last few days and I agree.  This team was drafted by a guy who apparently doesn't know how best ball works, or doesn't understand the starting lineup requirements, or whatever.

4 QBS: A. Rodgers, T. Brady, A. Luck, L. Jackson

5 RB: D. Cook, D. Henry, N. Chubb, J. Wilkins, J. Kelly

6 WR: M. Thomas, W. Fuller, D. Paker, M. Williams, J. Mathews, K. Coutee

3 TE: OJ Howard, J. Samuels (16th round!), G. Everett

Congrats!  Your QBs are awesome - but you can only start one each week.  And look at his #3, 4, and 5 RBs.  Finally, I'm intrigued by J. Samuels being is listed as a TE - if he ever gets regular RB snaps it would be a major advantage - but it's such a long shot I'm not sure it's worth taking him at this point in BB... maybe as a last-round flier but that's it.

I've drafted 3 times from the 7th slot and once from the 6th (these are just $5 entries so keep that in mind :) ).  In those 4 drafts I have gone AB (2) / Hopkins (2) in the first and K. Allen (3) / D. Freeman (1) in the second.  So I started WR/WR in three of the drafts which really put me behind at RB.  In all three drafts, K. Allen was the last WR in his tier so I grabbed him but I don't really like any of those teams all that much... because RBs come off the board so fast I always felt like I was reaching for RB.  For example, these are my top 2 RBs in those leagues :X :

K. Drake + T. Cohen

K. Drake + D. Lewis

M. Ingram + R. Jones

This is the team I drafted out of the 6th slot (AB + D. Freeman) - much better balance and I didn't feel like I needed to reach for RBs - I really like these WRs.

Big Ben, J. Winston

D. Freeman, D. Guise, Kerryon Johnson, D. Johnson, L. Murray, B. Powell

AB, A. Thielen, M. Jones, M. Crabtree, E. Sanders, R. Mathews, M. Bryant

C. Brate, J. Butt, L. Willson

I've drafted 3 times from the 7th slot and once from the 6th (these are just $5 entries so keep that in mind :) ).  In those 4 drafts I have gone AB (2) / Hopkins (2) in the first and K. Allen (3) / D. Freeman (1) in the second.  So I started WR/WR in three of the drafts which really put me behind at RB.  In all three drafts, K. Allen was the last WR in his tier so I grabbed him but I don't really like any of those teams all that much... because RBs come off the board so fast I always felt like I was reaching for RB.  For example, these are my top 2 RBs in those leagues :X :

K. Drake + T. Cohen

K. Drake + D. Lewis

M. Ingram + R. Jones

This is the team I drafted out of the 6th slot (AB + D. Freeman) - much better balance and I didn't feel like I needed to reach for RBs - I really like these WRs.

Big Ben, J. Winston

I know what you’re saying with “starters” but I’ve gotten away from looking at these teams like that. Cohen is one of my favourites. I really like him because you can pair him with Crowell. Cohen is my hopeful big game half and Crowell is “floor” half on a week to week basis.

I’m one of those RB crazy people. I take all 6 of mine in the first 10 rounds.

With the 1780th pick; brun picks Chester Rogers, WR, Indianapolis Colts.

Yep. I'm done with MFL10s for the year. I had planned to draft about 100 MFL10s, basically the proceeds from last year. Fanball gave credits for keeping $$ in the account after the transfer from MFL. So I would end up with >100 teams. Eventually I got tired of doing them and did a $100 & 3 $50 leagues to finish with 89 teams.

Congrats to Allen Hurns for earning the Most Often Drafted by Team Brun award!

Good luck all!

With the 1780th pick; brun picks Chester Rogers, WR, Indianapolis Colts.

Yep. I'm done with MFL10s for the year. I had planned to draft about 100 MFL10s, basically the proceeds from last year. Fanball gave credits for keeping $$ in the account after the transfer from MFL. So I would end up with >100 teams. Eventually I got tired of doing them and did a $100 & 3 $50 leagues to finish with 89 teams.

Congrats to Allen Hurns for earning the Most Often Drafted by Team Brun award!

Good luck all!
You never quit fishing in the afternoon. They bite in the evening. 

did another one that I'm very satisfied with, IMO I got some crazy value from where I drafted Michel, Thielen, Cohen, Eifert, and Miller. I absolutely love my WRs and am hoping last years down year for WRs is not a trend.

QB: Big Ben, Bortles, Tyrod Taylor

RB: Fournette, Michel, Cohen, Crowell, Chubb

WR: Allen, Thielen, Gordon, Watkins, Anthony Miller, John Brown, Enunwa

TE: Howard, Eifert, V. Davis

did another one that I'm very satisfied with, IMO I got some crazy value from where I drafted Michel, Thielen, Cohen, Eifert, and Miller. I absolutely love my WRs and am hoping last years down year for WRs is not a trend.

QB: Big Ben, Bortles, Tyrod Taylor

RB: Fournette, Michel, Cohen, Crowell, Chubb

WR: Allen, Thielen, Gordon, Watkins, Anthony Miller, John Brown, Enunwa

TE: Howard, Eifert, V. Davis
I like the team. I might have passed on Enunwa for an RB though. I like Enunwa but you’re WRs are really strong and those RBs are risky. However, at the point that Enunwa is going you’re grasping at straws with the RBs.

Are you a Cleveland guy? Edit: I read Anthony Miller and thought Antonio Callaway. Sorry. 

I like the team. I might have passed on Enunwa for an RB though. I like Enunwa but you’re WRs are really strong and those RBs are risky. However, at the point that Enunwa is going you’re grasping at straws with the RBs.

Are you a Cleveland guy?
Bears fan but I am in the belief that Gordon is avoiding Hard Knocks and will be fine for the season. I see him at 1100 yards at the minimum. Assuming Tyrod starts over half the games, he is a really high floor guy with all those weapons, his rushing stats don't hurt. I think Hyde becomes a non-factor in the 2nd part of the season but that's just me since I'm a huge Chubb fan, and really like the interior of the line. Fits perfectly with Chubb's vision and inside the tackling ability.

I agree on Enunwa, really like him but could have taken another RB - someone like Corey Grant, Jeremy Hill, Joe Williams etc but those are long shots. Also, if Fournette goes down, what is the point of drafting Grant, the roster is probably shot anyways.

There should be a little “button slider thingy” in the top right that has AUTO written beside it. Just tap that. That will put you on auto draft, which goes off your Queue until you run out of players. Then your DraftList then ADP.
Thanks.  I think the draft room just doesn't work well on my Chromebook.  I couldn't see the top-right of the screen at all.  I saw it on my work desktop computer and fiddled with some settings to get it on the Chromebook too.

Just finished a Draft from the 12 spot. I really like the team. I’m starting to get to the point where I feel it’s better to have a balanced team rather than the RB Heavy I was going after before. Really you just need 1 stud. For me I went with Cook then got a couple guys in Miller and Crowell that I think can provide a decent enough floor. After that I 3 stacked receiving backs in Riddick, Thompson and Gio.

Team...

Wilson, Maholmes

Cook, Miller, Crowell, Riddick, Thompson, Gio

OBJ, Marvin Jones, Meredith, Ryan Grant, M. Bryant, Kearse, Torrey Smith

Ertz, Hooper, Clay

Wow, I hopped into a DRAFT 30-second live draft and tried to do it on my phone.  What a disaster - my phone only gave me 2 letters of each name, so I could see that a guy drafted K.H... for Kareem Hunt.  I couldn't keep up with the pace and ended up with a crapass team, all my own fault.

In the middle of the draft, I switched to PC drafting, and it was much better.  My team was already hopeless by then, but when I do another fast draft, I'll be sure to do it on the PC.  I'm glad that was a $1 league.

K. Drake + T. Cohen

K. Drake + D. Lewis

M. Ingram + R. Jones

Big Ben, J. Winston

I drafted 7th and ended up in the same boat - chasing RBs.  I also notice that it knocked me out of any chance at a decent TE, looks like you might have had the same problem.

Roethlisberger, Prescott

Ingram, Crowell, Barber, Thompson, Riddick, Kelley

Hopkins, Thomas, Thielen, Crabtree, Shepard, Amendola, Enunwa

Doyle, ASJ, Butt

I think 6-7 kind of stinks this year since it really leads you into a WW start that leaves you playing catch-up.

Wow, I hopped into a DRAFT 30-second live draft and tried to do it on my phone.  What a disaster - my phone only gave me 2 letters of each name, so I could see that a guy drafted K.H... for Kareem Hunt.  I couldn't keep up with the pace and ended up with a crapass team, all my own fault.

In the middle of the draft, I switched to PC drafting, and it was much better.  My team was already hopeless by then, but when I do another fast draft, I'll be sure to do it on the PC.  I'm glad that was a $1 league.
Hahahahaha. Do you have flip phone or something? Just kidding. I wouldn’t joking around with you if it was more than a dollar league. 

I’ve only drafted from my phone and have never had this issue. Was it just saying the initials in the picks bar at the top?

I drafted 7th and ended up in the same boat - chasing RBs.  I also notice that it knocked me out of any chance at a decent TE, looks like you might have had the same problem.

Roethlisberger, Prescott

Ingram, Crowell, Barber, Thompson, Riddick, Kelley

Hopkins, Thomas, Thielen, Crabtree, Shepard, Amendola, Enunwa

Doyle, ASJ, Butt

I think 6-7 kind of stinks this year since it really leads you into a WW start that leaves you playing catch-up.
My last 7 draft I started Barkley, M Thomas, Ertz. If you want to start Nuk, Thomas, Ertz then you just need to hammer RB after than. The nice thing about best ball is that it gives you more options because you don’t have to guess which of your group of RB2s to start. 

QB: Wentz, Rivers, Bortles

RB: Gurley, Ingram, Burkhead, Perine, Ekeler, Darkwa

WR: TY, AJ, Marvin Jones, Woods, Lockett, Cole, Sutton

TE: Njoku, Smith

Just finished one this afternoon on FFPC. Ended up with the first pick. Don’t like my draft at all. 

Ended up with T.Y./AJ at the 2/3 turn. Really wanted Adams and he went the pick before. I was good with T.Y. but was torn between A.J. and Hill. Hill ended up going next pick. 

Was shooting for Freeman/Collins in the 4th and both went before me.

Then was gearing up for Goodwin/Reed in the 6th/7th and both went back to back before my picks, hah. Can’t make this #### up!

The rest of the way I just felt like I was picking guys I was lukewarm on. Also wanted Carson who went right before me. People were def aggressive at RB. 

Does MFL/Fanball(?) have an app to draft with like Draft does?  When I go to the app store and open my MFL 2018 app it says it cant find any of my teams.  I feel old..

Hahahahaha. Do you have flip phone or something? Just kidding. I wouldn’t joking around with you if it was more than a dollar league. 

I’ve only drafted from my phone and have never had this issue. Was it just saying the initials in the picks bar at the top?
I’m on an iPhone SE, which is recent enough that it has the latest iOS, but has a small screen. I got this at the top of my screen for a recent pick in a slow draft: 

5.11 D....

Clicking on the tiny mugshot takes me to that fantasy team’s roster, where I look at the 5 players on his roster and decide it was Deshaun Watson.

In a 30-second draft, another pick has been made by the time I figure that out.  I spent the whole time trying to keep up instead of planning for my next pick. 

I think I’d be fine with a second try, it just took me by surprise and put me in a hole early.  I think with a free mock draft run, I would have been ready.

Is anybody doing weekly drafts on DRAFT?  It seems like easy money in the low stakes weekly leagues.  Up $67 in weekly $1 games so far after two weeks.

What’s your strategy in Week 3?  In the blind auctions, I’m spending big on Michael Thomas and Kamara or Gurley where possible, bidding $10 almost always lands me Mahomes, and then I target all remaining $ on Evans or Julio and can always get Kelce to stack for $1. 

So how'd we do this year, fellas?  I did a lot less this year as I wasn't thrilled about the MFL10 move to a different site.  But I took advantage of the customer retention bonus for 8 free entries.

38 total

8x 1st

2x 2nd

More out than in.  I'll take it.

jabarony said:
So how'd we do this year, fellas?  I did a lot less this year as I wasn't thrilled about the MFL10 move to a different site.  But I took advantage of the customer retention bonus for 8 free entries.

38 total

8x 1st

2x 2nd

More out than in.  I'll take it.
Overall pretty well. I did 32 leagues. I won 9, finished second in five leagues. Unfortunately I finished third in 9 leagues as I fell off in a few.  I was positive $1k. 

It's funny (well not really) how I dropped to third or worse in so many leagues not because of bad picks, but because I didn't have a healthy QB, TE, or in some cases RB.  In these short bench leagues, I try to draft 2 QBs, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 DEF and 6 RBs & WRs. I might have to re-think my roster composition and carry 3 QBs. 

Overall pretty well. I did 32 leagues. I won 9, finished second in five leagues. Unfortunately I finished third in 9 leagues as I fell off in a few.  I was positive $1k. 

It's funny (well not really) how I dropped to third or worse in so many leagues not because of bad picks, but because I didn't have a healthy QB, TE, or in some cases RB.  In these short bench leagues, I try to draft 2 QBs, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 DEF and 6 RBs & WRs. I might have to re-think my roster composition and carry 3 QBs. 

9 & 5 out of 32 is really good.

I still think 2 QBs is the way to go as you are shooting for 1st.  I'll take my chances of hitting on a James Conner, or even a Dante Pettis in the 18th+ rounds than getting the extra couple dozen points a 3rd QB will probably net you.  In my leagues where I lost 2 QBs, well it wasn't meant to be.  I do go 3 TE, though.  Just because you can flex 1 if 2 of them have a good week.  Not as many "wasted" points as 2 QBs having a good week and you can only play 1.

9 & 5 out of 32 is really good.

I still think 2 QBs is the way to go as you are shooting for 1st.  I'll take my chances of hitting on a James Conner, or even a Dante Pettis in the 18th+ rounds than getting the extra couple dozen points a 3rd QB will probably net you.  In my leagues where I lost 2 QBs, well it wasn't meant to be.  I do go 3 TE, though.  Just because you can flex 1 if 2 of them have a good week.  Not as many "wasted" points as 2 QBs having a good week and you can only play 1.
That's always been my thinking as well, especially since QBs tend to be safer than RBs. Maybe it was just bad luck (or drafting) this year having Jimmy G and Alex Smith combo in a couple of those leagues. If I get a good TE, I'll just draft 2 TEs. If I don't get a top TE, I may go with 3 of them.

200 in - 150 out for bestball. Turned my remaining 25$ into 275$ for the year in the weekly games on DRAFT. Final numbers, 225$ in - 425$ out. 

I learned a whole lot this year about best ball (my first year) and really looking forward to next year. I made the mistake of going with 3 TE and 3 QB in too many leagues where i was trying to overcome the possibility of injury. Leaving me 2 quality players left at the position incase of injury instead of 1. Problem is, I had a ton of injuries anyway and it left my other positions weakened. I also went way to heavy on RB (3 starters including the flex weekly was my idea) This left me too thin at WR and too diverse at RB, leaving points on the bench for my rb 4 or 5 that should have gone into my WRs. 

I think next year, i want to end up with 2 QB(1 established, 1 young player with high ceiling potential) and 3 TE (1 stud early, 2 lower cost, higher ceiling guys that could be flex worthy late) Relying on a few higher ranked WR's (2) and RB's(3) and filling in with younger and/or situational potential.

Injuries are inevitable and unpredictable, that was my biggest downfall this year. I dont think i had one best ball team end up with less than 3 season ending injuries and most had closer to 6. I also didn't have anywhere near enough shares of the Rams or the Chiefs. I had some, but not enough. 

Ideally, my first 7 rounds would be : 1 - RB, 2 - RB/WR(draft dependent), 3 - RB/WR/TE(draft dependent) 4 - RB/WR/TE(draft dependent), 5 - RB, 6 - WR, 7 - QB 

Leaving me with 1 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE. Filling in BPA after that. with an ideal set up of 2QB/6RB/7(or 8)WR/3(or 2)TE

$287 in and $500 out. Doug Martin’s TD cost me another $300. Made the playoffs in 3/3 classic with a bye in 2 and 2/4 BB. First year doing FFPC - I really just did it because I enjoyed doing mocks that mattered in preparation for my main league. I don’t know how you guys do so many leagues - even the playoffs in 4 made it hard to root for guys because I would find myself on the other side half the time. 

$287 in and $500 out. Doug Martin’s TD cost me another $300. Made the playoffs in 3/3 classic with a bye in 2 and 2/4 BB. First year doing FFPC - I really just did it because I enjoyed doing mocks that mattered in preparation for my main league. I don’t know how you guys do so many leagues - even the playoffs in 4 made it hard to root for guys because I would find myself on the other side half the time. 
Technically, I didn't root for any of my guys from Best Ball leagues. I only rooted for my seasonal league teams and even then, I only really root for mostly my main league team. I guess it's not so bad because I mostly draft the same guys in most of my leagues. especially in auction leagues. Although I don't have them in every league, I know which players I mostly have and root for them.   In Best Ball leagues, I just kept track of where I was in the standings every week. 

I call it “diversifying emotional investment” LOL! I do about ten mangaged teams a year. It really helps take away the sting of having two horrendous bad beats by winning two titles. It evens out the good luck/bad luck you’ll inevitably experience in FF. 

Also, the myfootballguys is essential for multiple teams for tracking free agents. Makes the job so much easier. Worth the 20 bucks just for that feature.

29 MFL 10 leagues entered, consisting of the retention bonus (8 free teams) plus 1 free team from a 2nd place last year.  So, $200 cash plus 9 free teams.

Results:  1st x8 and 2nd x6, for a total of $830. 

I call it “diversifying emotional investment” LOL! I do about ten mangaged teams a year. It really helps take away the sting of having two horrendous bad beats by winning two titles. It evens out the good luck/bad luck you’ll inevitably experience in FF. 

Also, the myfootballguys is essential for multiple teams for tracking free agents. Makes the job so much easier. Worth the 20 bucks just for that feature.
100% agree with this. I had never done more than 3 leagues until this year when I was in 8 and MyFBG made my time invested so much more efficient. 

Did one league, won one league, the $15 myfppc fbg discounted one... not sure if I want to do 4 /$35 more with the $200 or just cash out for $300 and do another fbg offer next year if there is one...

Anyone playing Best Balls in 2019?

I have been playing a lot on DRAFT so far in the 10-man and 12-mans. They are tough right now without the rookies added in. Going to be studying those formats and playing a high volume this offseason. I will be posting free articles along the way. Please let me know if you have any ideas you would like me to explore. I will be updating ADP each month and looking at Risers and Fallers, looking at a "How to draft the perfect 10-man team", Post Free Agency article, Once rookies get added on DRAFT I will also put together a piece on that as well. 

Feel free to follow me on Twitter as I talk a lot of Best Ball there, and if you play on DRAFT my username is "Eaglezzz" if you want to follow me I will follow back and I always post 10 or 12 man leagues there.

2019 Free Agent Cheatsheet

March Best Ball DRAFT Cheatsheet

Best Ball ADP Risers and Fallers

Did 2 on Draft. One in January and one in February.  Free agency hasn't been good for some of my picks so far. Where Rookie Rb's go will be big as well as early rookie Wr's. 

Free agency is throwing us a few wrinkles. Not ideal spots for Tevin Coleman and Tyrell Williams. 

Interested to see where Golden Tate, TJ Yeldon, and Jared Cook all land. If Cook to NO happens that could be nice. 

Users who are viewing this thread