What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Ball (MFL10s, DRAFT, etc.) (2 Viewers)

Just drafted a draft master team I love. Not exactly an MFL10 but same concept.

10 team, ppr, draft only style. Draft 24, start 10 (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, PK, DEF, FLEX, FLEX)

1.3Jamaal Charles, KC
2.8DeMarco Murray, PHI
3.3Randall Cobb, GB
4.8C.J. Spiller, NO
5.3Alfred Morris, WAS
6.8Sammy Watkins, BUF
7.3Keenan Allen, SD
8.8Shane Vereen, NYG
9.3Zach Ertz, PHI
10.8Larry Fitzgerald, ARI
11.3Ryan Mathews, PHI
12.8Marques Colston, NO
13.3Knile Davis, KC
14.8DeVante Parker, MIA
15.3Joe Flacco, BAL
16.8Sam Bradford, PHI
17.3Colin Kaepernick, SF
18.8Jace Amaro, NYJ
19.3Denver Broncos, Den
21.3Minnesota Vikings, Min
23.3De'Anthony Thomas, KC
24.8Mark Sanchez, PHI

Yeah some dude just timed out and got rewarded with Aaron Rodgers in the 3rd. Such is a $10 slowdraft, though.
Ha ha....I do believe that's one of my leagues too.....and he's about to time out again. He gets Jimmy Graham this time.

On another note, I just signed up for my 8th league and I got the 12 spot again for the 4th time. Getting a little tired of looking at the same player options every freakin' round :^ /

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this latest one takes the cake. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse the 1st guy up hasn't even logged in yet and the draft started over 7 hrs ago.

Well this latest one takes the cake. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse the 1st guy up hasn't even logged in yet and the draft started over 7 hrs ago.
The 1.01 times out quite a bit I've noticed. OBJ going first in a lot of leagues.

Picking at the back end for the first time (11 spot) and I'm excited to see how it turns out.

I'm a big fan of picking at the turns. Or close to.

The 1.01 times out quite a bit I've noticed. OBJ going first in a lot of leagues.
Yep, that's who he got. Now we're at 1.6 and that guy has yet to log in also. 9 freakin' leagues and all at a standstill. This is brutal.

Picking at the back end for the first time (11 spot) and I'm excited to see how it turns out.

I'm a big fan of picking at the turns. Or close to.
4 out of my first 8 were the 12 spot.....it's OK to do that once or twice but since all of these drafts follow pretty much the same script it gets real old seeing the same options over and over again. It was real tempting to go stud WR/stud WR but heed some advice....take at least 1 RB. There are so many WR options even into the later rounds.

Just went Brees at 7.11 and Ben at 8.02. The draft is following pretty close to ADP (the in league ADP) and I'm not liking the options right at this point in the draft. I still need WRs but I think I can get close to (if not better) production from some of the later round guys that I could from the guys going now. So far;

Brees, Drew NOS QB 340.0 11 7.11
Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 335.2 11 8.02
Crowell, Isaiah CLE RB 119.2 11 6.02
Hyde, Carlos SFO RB 74.1 10 4.02
Murray, DeMarco PHI RB 330.0 8 2.02
Bryant, Martavis PIT WR 121.0 11 5.11
Watkins, Sammy BUF WR (P) 188.8 8 3.11
Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 266.4 4 1.11

I probably wouldn't be too excited about this team in a regular league but in Best Ball format I'm alright with it. I can't get away from picking Watkins. Complete homer pick, even though I am very well aware of how bad the QB situation is.

If it's any consolation, I do think that even though it seems a team gets "rewarded" for timing out early, these teams ultimately will suck in the final analysis. Now you're competing against one less team for the $.

Kwai Chang Caine said:
If it's any consolation, I do think that even though it seems a team gets "rewarded" for timing out early, these teams ultimately will suck in the final analysis. Now you're competing against one less team for the $.
Yeah, that's what I tried to point out in post #212, but I don't think he's taking much consolation in that fact.

Ha ha.....well when you think about it, it's not that great an idea to do these drafts this early anyway. Waiting until some positions are actually won and other things shake out is probably the smart thing to do. Having said that, the reason I'm doing a number of them now is out of boredom and wanting a little action. At $10 a pop what the hell, right? So I could really care less at this point if I might have a perceived advantage over a team or two months from now, which might increase my chances from 12-1 to maybe 10-1?...when the whole point is just to have a little fun now.

And BTW, they all do seem to be moving much better the later in the draft they get, which is quite odd to me. You'd think the interest would be higher in the first few rounds.

And BTW, they all do seem to be moving much better the later in the draft they get, which is quite odd to me. You'd think the interest would be higher in the first few rounds.
It seems like people are more willing to predraft their 'less important' late round picks, think that seems to move things along faster toward the end. Just my sense of things...

It seems like people are more willing to predraft their 'less important' late round picks, think that seems to move things along faster toward the end. Just my sense of things...
I think people also put themselves in a position where they HAVE to draft a DEF, QB or a TE or whatever it might be no matter who is taken in front of them so then it just becomes the process of creating a list at that one position.

My first and only attempt..

QB

Ben Roethlisberger

Peyton Manning

Tony Romo

Eli Manning

RB

LeVeon Bell

Todd Gurley

TJ Yeldon

Ryan Mathews

WR

Mike Evans

Kendall Wright

Michael Crabtree

Justin Hunter

Kenny Britt

Markus Wheaton

Robert Woods

Allen Hurns

TE

Jimmy Graham

Clive Walford

D/ST

St Louis Rams

Houston Texans

Ben & Jerry said:
My first and only attempt..

QB

Ben Roethlisberger

Peyton Manning

Tony Romo

Eli Manning

RB

LeVeon Bell

Todd Gurley

TJ Yeldon

Ryan Mathews

WR

Mike Evans

Kendall Wright

Michael Crabtree

Justin Hunter

Kenny Britt

Markus Wheaton

Robert Woods

Allen Hurns

TE

Jimmy Graham

Clive Walford

D/ST

St Louis Rams

Houston Texans
Four QBs? I can see three QBs but four is too many. Your RBs could need some more depth.

My first of many to come. How do you rate it?

Bradford, Sam PHI QB (Q) - 8 13.08

Brees, Drew NOS QB 340.0 11 7.08

Mariota, Marcus TEN QB ® - 4 16.05

Anderson, C.J. DEN RB 180.6 7 1.08

Ellington, Andre ARI RB 177.5 9 3.08

Foster, Arian HOU RB 263.2 9 2.05

Ivory, Chris NYJ RB 141.6 5 10.05

Sproles, Darren PHI RB 139.8 8 12.05

Cooper, Amari OAK WR ® - 6 6.05

Hawkins, Andrew CLE WR 151.6 11 20.05

LaFell, Brandon NEP WR (P) 198.3 4 8.05

Marshall, Brandon NYJ WR (P) 179.1 5 5.08

Matthews, Jordan PHI WR 177.7 8 4.05

Royal, Eddie CHI WR 167.7 7 14.05

Allen, Dwayne IND TE 116.5 10 11.08

Hill, Josh NOS TE 61.6 11 9.08

Williams, Maxx BAL TE ® - 9 15.08

Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def 111.0 7 17.08

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def 115.0 6 18.05

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def 94.0 4 19.08

Has anyone here ever drafter 2 TE early in one of these? How did your team turn out? I drafted Gronk as the 12th pick in the first round and I am thinking about taking Graham on the 3-4 turn. Graham is projected to be similar stats as next WR off board. It keeps a top TE points off all other teams and gives me what would amount to Flex points most weeks. Is this a bad strategy knowing you only need 1 TE each week?

Has anyone here ever drafter 2 TE early in one of these? How did your team turn out? I drafted Gronk as the 12th pick in the first round and I am thinking about taking Graham on the 3-4 turn. Graham is projected to be similar stats as next WR off board. It keeps a top TE points off all other teams and gives me what would amount to Flex points most weeks. Is this a bad strategy knowing you only need 1 TE each week?
I don't think its really worth it in a best ball league. I just dont think the value your gaining at tight end outweighs the value your losing at WR or RB where you could get Graham, your losing out on guys like Lamar Miller, CJ Spiller, Brandin Cooks and several others. You could grab Dwayne Allen in the 12th and a flier and be set.

From the world of the bizarre.....this is happening in 2 of my drafts:

- One guy seems hell bent on drafting every single rookie. He has Gordon, Gurley, Ajayi, Cooper, Agholor and Parker.

- Another guy seems confused by the pre-draft feature. He has drafted: Luck, Rodgers, Ben, Ryan, Brady and Stafford all using his pre-draft list. That's 6 QBs. Through 10 rounds his RBs are Gurley and Devonta Freeman and his WRs are Devante Parker and Golden Tate.

:loco:

My first of many to come. How do you rate it?

Bradford, Sam PHI QB (Q) - 8 13.08

Brees, Drew NOS QB 340.0 11 7.08

Mariota, Marcus TEN QB ® - 4 16.05

Anderson, C.J. DEN RB 180.6 7 1.08

Ellington, Andre ARI RB 177.5 9 3.08

Foster, Arian HOU RB 263.2 9 2.05

Ivory, Chris NYJ RB 141.6 5 10.05

Sproles, Darren PHI RB 139.8 8 12.05

Cooper, Amari OAK WR ® - 6 6.05

Hawkins, Andrew CLE WR 151.6 11 20.05

LaFell, Brandon NEP WR (P) 198.3 4 8.05

Marshall, Brandon NYJ WR (P) 179.1 5 5.08

Matthews, Jordan PHI WR 177.7 8 4.05

Royal, Eddie CHI WR 167.7 7 14.05

Allen, Dwayne IND TE 116.5 10 11.08

Hill, Josh NOS TE 61.6 11 9.08

Williams, Maxx BAL TE ® - 9 15.08

Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def 111.0 7 17.08

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def 115.0 6 18.05

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def 94.0 4 19.08
Very good draft. 8.5/10

You probably should've taken a flyer on an RB or WR(James White from NE or Robert Woods from Buf maybe) instead of the three D. Minor but could make a big difference because you're kind of light there. Solid but some more volume would've been better.

TEs are not bad but lots of uncertainty with them.

And a 10/10 grade is saved for the drafts you do that no one would believe you anyways.

Most people wouldn't do it, myself included, but a lot of times going against the grain is what will win you the league.

However, it's not as simple as "I get his points so others don't." You also have to factor in that you're only hindering one team at TE but you're also giving them a better player at a different position since they won't be taking Graham. Plus, you'll be pencilling in Graham at Flex even though there's likely going to be 5 or more players at RB and WR that might bump him.

I've done about 15 of these and tried it once where I thought I was getting good value on Olsen in the 6th. Ended up lighter at RB and WR than I'd like (which tends to happen when you take Gronk in the 1st anyway) and I probably should have taken just two Ds. Not my best work, but here's the result:

Flacco, Joe BAL QB 12.08

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB. 9.05

Abdullah, Ameer DET RB 5.05

Cobb, David TEN RB 11.05

Hyde, Carlos SFO RB 3.05

Taliaferro, Lorenzo BAL RB 19.05

Williams, Andre NYG RB 14.08

Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB ® 4.08

Crabtree, Michael OAK WR. 13.05

Decker, Eric NYJ WR 8.08

Floyd, Michael ARI WR (P) 7.05

Gabriel, Taylor CLE WR 15.05

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR (P) 2.08

Stills, Kenny MIA WR (P) 10.08

Wheaton, Markus PIT WR 20.08

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 1.05

Olsen, Greg CAR TE 6.08

Broncos, Denver DEN Def 16.08

Browns, Cleveland CLE Def 17.05

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def 18.08

What a difference in where players are getting picked. Guys I had ear marked for certain rounds are going 3 rounds earlier, others that weren't making out of the 3rd are free falling multiple rounds.

I think I'm too far down the rabbit hole because I am actually enjoying watching the players move up and fall. Reading comments because people's picks is pretty fun too. Seems like there is way less people timing out too.

others that weren't making out of the 3rd are free falling multiple rounds
Who?
Watkins he was going around the 2-3 turn I stopped his fall at 5.07. Which really is probably about where he should go bases on his QB situation.Boldin was a 10th/11th seeing him go in the 7th/8th round now.

Those are just a couple best I knew I was over drafting Watkins and thought I could wait on Boldin, only to see him go much earlier.

I've seen Evans go in the 3rd, even near the end, when he was regularly going mid 2nd in early June. Hyde similar fall over that period from high 3rd to mid 4th. It's pretty interesting to see how things move, and I swear I feel it happening in relation to guys that are discussed via news or podcasts (Stevie Johnson, Eddie Royal, and Marvin Jones all come to mind on this front). Big Ben has been steadily climbing as of late too.

5 out of 11 now that I've drawn the 12 spot.....that's got to be nearly impossible. Any statistic experts out there?

I don't mean to hijack this thead, but are there any alternatives to MFL 10s? I'd love to join some best ball draft only leagues that are live draft. I'm not a fan of the slow draft stuff, so I was just curious.

5 out of 11 now that I've drawn the 12 spot.....that's got to be nearly impossible. Any statistic experts out there?
That is weird, for me it's been the 8th spot. I prefer drafting on the ends.

You are complaining about waiting this much and in half of these drafts you are making two picks in a row? You realize you are waiting half as often as everyone but one other person in the league, right?

I don't mean to hijack this thead, but are there any alternatives to MFL 10s? I'd love to join some best ball draft only leagues that are live draft. I'm not a fan of the slow draft stuff, so I was just curious.
I am a Phenoms refugee, I really miss those 30 round drafts. So much talent sitting out there at the end of these drafts.

I don't think there are many alternatives outside of the looking for leagues section and even then most people don't like draft-and-go.... which seems crazy to me. During the season I want to sit back and enjoy the games more than manage rosters and bicker about which trades are collusion or not.

That is weird, for me it's been the 8th spot. I prefer drafting on the ends.

You are complaining about waiting this much and in half of these drafts you are making two picks in a row? You realize you are waiting half as often as everyone but one other person in the league, right?
I'm complaining about people timing out and not pre-drafting, hence causing senseless delays. I think I clarified that a couple times.

That is weird, for me it's been the 8th spot. I prefer drafting on the ends.You are complaining about waiting this much and in half of these drafts you are making two picks in a row? You realize you are waiting half as often as everyone but one other person in the league, right?
I may be waiting half as often but I'm also waiting twice as long.
Excellent point.

Check out rtsports. They have Draftmaster leagues wvery night. Same idea as MFL10s but the cheapest buy in is $20. Also, no slow drafts, they are mainly live drafts with 90 second clock

in 6 drafts so far everyone i've been 5 or 6 spot. i'm begining to think the random draft jsut gives u the same number everytime lol

Check out rtsports. They have Draftmaster leagues wvery night. Same idea as MFL10s but the cheapest buy in is $20. Also, no slow drafts, they are mainly live drafts with 90 second clock
Checked them out.

$20 entry

10 team leagues

$100 to first

$50 to second

9 Total Starters
1 Quarterback
2 Running Backs
1 Flex Running Back / Wide Reciever / Tight End
2 Wide Receivers
1 Tight End
1 Defense/Special Teams
1 Team Kicker
20 Total
*** Available in slow, auction and live (60 second timer)

They keep 25% of the pot which is too much IMO. And a 10 team league with only 2 WRs and a K, I don't like the roster format. That's me though. And it's nice to have options.
http://www.rtsports.com/fantasy-football-leagues

BroadwayG said:
ffpc has live draftmasters also
FFPC has Live and Slow best ball leagues called Draft Experts leagues.

The cheapest league is $35 and first place gets an entry into the Footballguys Players Championship (valued at $350) or $300.

$77 Draft Experts 1st $500 2nd $225
12 Teams
QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, D/ST, K, and 2 Flex
28 Total

BroadwayG said:
I haven't seen anyone close to MFL in payouts.
I agree. I also really like their roster construction.

If they were to offer Live drafts though I think they'd make a killing.

BroadwayG said:
BroadwayG said:
I haven't seen anyone close to MFL in payouts.
I agree. I also really like their roster construction.If they were to offer Live drafts though I think they'd make a killing.
The babysitting required for live drafts is a headache. I don't blame them.
True. I imagen they have enough people that try to get their money back because they timed out on an 8 hour clock.

Well it sounds like MFL is the best by far with regards to payouts, so I'll probably go with them. Is there a deadline for when they stop offering the MFL 10s? I like to wait until a week or two into August before I draft and since these are slow drafts I was just curious.

Checked them out.$20 entry

10 team leagues

$100 to first

$50 to second

9 Total Starters

1 Quarterback

2 Running Backs

1 Flex Running Back / Wide Reciever / Tight End

2 Wide Receivers

1 Tight End

1 Defense/Special Teams

1 Team Kicker

20 Total

*** Available in slow, auction and live (60 second timer)

They keep 25% of the pot which is too much IMO. And a 10 team league with only 2 WRs and a K, I don't like the roster format. That's me though. And it's nice to have options.

http://www.rtsports.com/fantasy-football-leagues
You can customize the rosters using the 'Audible' league format. So instead of Draftmaster go to Audible. U can select dual flex, larger rosters and other modifications.

I'm about to start my first MFL 10 of the year (second ever) and was wondering if anyone has a little experience they were interested in sharing on these.

I landed the 1.01 pick and have Gronk in the que. I figure he's the most likely player to consistently be one of the best players at his position.

I know pre-draft is too soon to do these but I kind of like it because there's a chance I might get a couple rookie steals. Chance I get a good rookie in a bad situation too but that adds to the fun. That said it will be the only one I do predraft.

Gronk with 1.01?

Link to league scoring: http://football30.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=16594&O=09

***The search I did only turned up with one thread and it had two posts and was from 2013.
I drew the first pick in one of the MFL 00s back in May and picked Gronk as well. My final roster:

1.01 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

2.12 Foster, Arian HOU RB / 3.01 Anderson, C.J. DEN RB

4.12 Allen, Keenan SDC WR / 5.01 Gore, Frank IND RB

6.12 Jackson, Vincent TBB WR / 7.01 Floyd, Michael ARI WR

8.12 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR / 9.01 Rivers, Philip SDC QB

10.12 Jennings, Rashad NYG RB /11.01 Bradford, Sam PHI QB

12.12 Ivory, Chris NYJ RB / 13.01 Smith, Steve BAL WR 1

14.12 Bush, Reggie SFO RB / 15.01 Bowe, Dwayne CLE WR

16.12 Patriots, New England NEP Def / 17.01 Broncos, Denver DEN Def

18.12 Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def / 19.01 Rivera, Mychal OAK TE

20.12 Johnson, Stevie SDC WR

Rivers/Bradford

Foster/Anderson/Gore/Jennings/Ivory/Bush

Allen/VJackson/Floyd/Fitzgerald/SSmith/Bowe/SJohnson

Gronkowski/Rivera

NEP/DEN/CIN

The Rivera pick was pretty bad - things just dried up and I got caught with no good options left. I really like my early RBs and my late WRs a lot. Old WRs are a steal!

Nice roster Tick. I pretty much guarantee you won't get Foster or CJ at the 2/3 turn. Also, Gore isn't there in the 5th anymore.

Using MFL filtered ADP since July 1st (80 drafts) Foster is #12 overall, CJ #13, Gore #27. And Stevie with the last pick of the draft is now at 12.10

I'm excited for next year now. I think if I would've had my head on straight at the opening of these, meaning with a personal draft list, rookie draft bias tempered and more general preparation, then there is a TON of value to be had in these drafts.

A roster that looks like yours basically.

Nice roster Tick. I pretty much guarantee you won't get Foster or CJ at the 2/3 turn. Also, Gore isn't there in the 5th anymore.

Using MFL filtered ADP since July 1st (80 drafts) Foster is #12 overall, CJ #13, Gore #27. And Stevie with the last pick of the draft is now at 12.10
I agree. That was an awesome draft by Tick, which could not happen today. One of the advantages of doing early drafts.

Stevie Johnson has really jumped since the Gates news. Just a couple of weeks ago I was getting him consistently around round 14-15. Over the last couple of days he went in round 11 in two drafts I'm in.

Bowe is another guy who I was consistenly getting in early drafts but now I'm seeing him go around round 12 frequently.

Yeah, I felt like a lot of those guys were bargains. As soon as I got Foster/Anderson at the 2/3 turn, I knew I was in good shape. It meant a slow start at WR, and I'm not totally confident with Keenan Allen, but I really like those late WRs.

Honestly, the whole draft felt like I had the 12th pick, plus a free Gronk.

There's some surprisingly bad drafting in some of these considering we're drafting pre-training camp. I think I'm going to make another deposit.

Users who are viewing this thread