What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mock 2.0 (1 Viewer)

jurb26

Footballguy
1. TB - J. Winston, QB FSU - Seems this pick is all but made already. TB needs a QB. Winston is the best available.

2. Tenn - L. Williams, DT SC - Tenn did a nice job addressing their lack of edge rush via FA and now they can add a piece to their front 7 with the potential to make it one of the better units in the NFL... assuming Orakpo can stay on the field.

3. *TRADE* NYJ (from Jax) - M. Mariota, QB Oregon - Fearful of teams moving ahead of them via trade with Wash or just Wash really pulling the trigger on Mariota, NYJ decide to just go ahead and move up to get their franchise QB. I think Jax is more than willing to move this pick and will certainly be entertaining offers. NYJ give up picks 6 and 37 as well as a future 3rd.

4. Oak - A. Cooper, WR Bama - Cooper or White, that is the question here. They seem to have cemented themselves as top 5 players in this class and Oak is in dire need of a WR. I'm not sure who they like more. I like Cooper more so I'll slot him in.

5. Wash - D. Fowler Jr., OLB UF - Until now, I would have placed Gregory in this pick. A failed drug test at the combine changes that. Gregory might be a bit of a more natural fit to Wash scheme, but Fowler might just be the better talent.

6. *TRADE* Jax (from NYJ) - V. Beasley, OLB Clemson - Moving back still allows Jax to land a premium edge rusher. They also add an early 2nd which they will use to plug more holes on their team; OL, RB, S or CB.

7. Chi - D. Shelton, NT Wash - This might come as a surprise to many but with Chi is moving to the 3-4 next year and don't have the personal to run it. Shelton immediately helps change that as the best 3-4 NT fit in this draft.

8. Atl - S. Ray, DE Mizz - With both Ray and Gregory still on the board, Atl is in a real dilemma on who to pick. As noted before Gregory helps them make the decision with his foolish failed drug test. Atl lands the edge rusher they so desperately need.

9. NYG - M. Brown, DT Texas - The Giants could go in a lot of directions here; S, LB or OL. In the end I think Brown is just the BPA and also fills a bit of a need on the interior of their DLine.

10. St. L - K. White, WR WVU - St. L finally gets a guy who can be that true WR1 for them in White. This is a tough call between addressing WR or OL, in the end White would be the highest rated player on the board.

11. Minn - T. Waynes, CB MSU - Waynes has cemented himself as the clear top CB in this draft. While Minn has other needs he is the BPA and can start immediately. Adding a cover guy like Waynes will certainly help in a division with Rodgers, Stafford and Cutler throwing the ball.

12. Clev - D. Parker, WR Louisville - If the draft falls this way, Clev gets pretty lucky. They have a huge need at WR, Bowe is not the answer. Parker is a top 10 talent.

13. NO - R. Gregory, OLB Nebraska - Talk about a great score. Gregory's fall stops here as he's just too good to drop any longer. Personally, I think Gregory has top 5 talent. NO has a need at OLB and if he's still there they can't pass him up.

14. Mia - B. Scherff, G Iowa - Rebuilding the Oline is still a work in progress for Mia. They have a gapping hole at G still. Scherff would change that from day 1. I see him as better talent than the 14 pick, but G typically fall in the draft and Mia becomes a beneficiary of that.

15. SF - A. Armstead, DE Oregon - This is just a fantastic fit of value, need and scheme coming together IMO.

16. Hou - J. Strong, WR ASU - Having just lost A. Johnson, Hou is in need of a replacement at WR. They also have needs at LB and CB, but it's a bit early to pull the trigger on they guys remaining at those positions.

17. SD - T. Gurley, RB UGA - Gurley is too good to fall much further than this and SD finally ends that. He's a top 10 talent, perhaps top 5, in this draft. RB devaluation and recovery from knee surgery move him down.

18. KC - DJ Humphries, OT UF - KC addressed WR by adding Maclin. Reid loves drafting OL early and often. I find it a near lock that he picks OL here. I have Humphries rated highest so I'll lock him in.

19. Clev - B. Dupree, OLB Kentucky - Tough call here between Dupree and Phillips. In the end, I feel Dupree is just a better prospect so I'll slot him in. Clev needs help on the front 7 either way.

20. Philly - J. Collins, CB LSU - The secondary in Philly is a mess. They need help everywhere. I could see Philly going with either Collins, but I have Jalen rated just a bit higher.

21. Cinci - A. Peat, OT Stanford - I get the feeling the back half of this draft is going to see a slew of OT go. Peat starts that trend.

22. Pitt - L. Collins, S Bama - Maybe the easiest pick of the mock. Assuming he falls this far Pitt would have to jump on him. I think he's a better player than this draft slot and Pitt is a mess in the secondary.

23. Det - E. Goldman, DT FSU - Thinking about this pick more, I like Goldman as the guy. He's very similarly rated as any of the OL on the board and fills a bigger need. I think he has disruptive traits similar to Fairley and would pair nicely with Ngata.

24. Arz - M. Gordon, RB Wisconsin - Ellington doesn't look like the answer at RB for Arz and Gordon is a dynamic talent that is hard to pass up at this point.

25. Car - L. Collins, OT LSU - Car is turning over every stone to find a guy who can play LT and Collins has the potential to do so. Worst case, he slides down to G and becomes an impact starter there.

26. Balt - B. Perriman, WR UCF - Perriman is an outstanding deep threat, just see his blazing 40. Balt needs at WR who can stretch the field now that Torry Smith is gone and Steve Smith is another year older.

27. Dal - R. Darby, CB FSU - Dal made a huge improvement to their defense when they added Hardy. Still, the unit needs a lot of work. I'm a bit higher on Darby than many others, but you can almost view this as a placeholder pick. At this point of the draft there is great value in a number of CBs remaining and Dal needs one badly.

28. Den - TJ Clemmings, OT Pitt - Den is looking for athletic T's and Clemmings is the best fit on the board.

29. Indy - E. Flowers, OT Miami - Indy has done a nice job adding weapons and support for Luck at the skill positions. They still need help protecting him. Flowers is an investment towards that.

30. GB - PJ Williams, CB FSU - GB can go a couple ways here but I think they settle on CB as BPA. Other options include ILB or TE.

31. NO - AJ Cann, G South Carolina - Maybe a surprise to see NO bypass WR here but they can address that in round 2. Cann or Tre Johnson are better value right now and NO has need at G.

32. NE - J. Phillips, NT OU - Phillips is a perfect fit for NE at the end of round 1. He's a capable run stuffer in 3-4 scheme and helps ease the loss of several defensive players this offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now while I may disagree with a couple picks here and there (not much at all), I still like your thought process and reasoning behind your picks. Good read. man. Thanks.

Same for Rams. DJ on Path to the Draft just yesterday calling White his #2 prospect overall in the draft.

Good destinations, rationale, intersections of BPA/team need. Fowler is missing though, he usually goes 1.3, so maybe the trade led to the oversight?

Good Jets trade up but I think they'll have to give their #1 next year as well. Look what buffalo just gave up to get a wideout.

Same for Rams. DJ on Path to the Draft just yesterday calling White his #2 prospect overall in the draft.

Good destinations, rationale, intersections of BPA/team need. Fowler is missing though, he usually goes 1.3, so maybe the trade led to the oversight?
Crap. Good catch. I originally had Fowler at 3 and then changed it to a trade and forgot to open him back up in my field.

I like it. For my Vikings, Waynes vs Parker is a tough decision but I can't say you are wrong either way. Perriman going to Baltimore to replace Torry Smith seems like a natural fit.

I like it. For my Vikings, Waynes vs Parker is a tough decision but I can't say you are wrong either way. Perriman going to Baltimore to replace Torry Smith seems like a natural fit.
I would be pretty happy with either pick for the Vikings but I lean more towards defense.

If Ozzie were to draft Perriman it would add a ton of credibility to him as a prospect in my eyes. I still consider it more likely that DGB or Strong is the 5th WR selected.

I don't expect this many offensive linemen to be taken, I would expect more edge rushers to be.

Just a comment:

18. KC - DJ Humphries

Daniel Jeremiah is probably higher on him than most other scouts I noticed. I have seen him getting mocked anywhere from the 1st to 3rd rounds. The rankings are so divergent that I don't know what to believe. I always struggle to rate OT because I never know how much to weigh physical attributes vs technique etc.

Just a comment:

18. KC - DJ Humphries

Daniel Jeremiah is probably higher on him than most other scouts I noticed. I have seen him getting mocked anywhere from the 1st to 3rd rounds. The rankings are so divergent that I don't know what to believe. I always struggle to rate OT because I never know how much to weigh physical attributes vs technique etc.
I think scouts are going to like him more than coaches. That's fits the DJ love. He's a guy who flashes great athletic ability and nimble feet so with development projects as the best LT IMO.

I don't expect this many offensive linemen to be taken, I would expect more edge rushers to be.
I've long said this is a very good Oline class. There isn't much talk about it because it lacks the elite/high end talent. It's remarkably good with depth and guys with a mid 1st to 2nd grade, though. Going through the excorsize of mock helps solidify that for me. I think the edge rushers are very top heavy. There are a bunch of high first guys but then a big gap IMO. It also hurts that I inadverently left Fowler off. I'm going to update it later.

I've long said this is a very good Oline class. There isn't much talk about it because it lacks the elite/high end talent. It's remarkably good with depth and guys with a mid 1st to 2nd grade, though. Going through the excorsize of mock helps solidify that for me. I think the edge rushers are very top heavy. There are a bunch of high first guys but then a big gap IMO. It also hurts that I inadverently left Fowler off. I'm going to update it later.
Well perhaps I am just misjudging the quality of the offensive linemen prospects. I am really not excited about any of them. Flowers may be the one I like most.

When you have a player like Scherff being touted as the best of the group.. and he isn't considered as good as a tackle as he is a guard. That tells me there are no top level Tackle prospects. Which is unlike the previous two drafts, that by comparison seem to be stronger Olinemen groups as prospects.

Scherff and Collins could be top 10-15 overall prospects.

It is a copycat league, and what DAL did with All-Pro Martin last year may be causing teams to rethink the value of potential blue chip OT/guard conversions.

Both Peat and Flowers are better OT prospects than Scherff, who could be a very good guard.

Here are the offensive linemen drafted in the first three rounds from 2012-2014

1 2 STL Greg Robinson
1 6 ATL Jake Matthews
1 11 TEN Taylor Lewan
1 16 DAL Zack Martin
1 19 MIA Ja'Wuan James
2 33 HOU Xavier Su'a-Filo
2 35 CLE Joel Bitonio
2 43 NYG Weston Richburg
2 44 BUF Cyrus Kouandjio
2 59 IND Jack Mewhort
2 64 SEA Justin Britt
3 66 WAS Morgan Moses
3 67 MIA Billy Turner
3 70 SFO Marcus Martin
3 76 DET Travis Swanson
3 78 WAS Spencer Long
3 81 OAK Gabe Jackson
3 89 SDG Chris Watt
3 92 CAR Trai Turner
3 93 JAX Brandon Linder
3 95 DEN Michael Schofield
3 100 SFO Brandon Thomas

1 1 KAN Eric Fisher
1 2 JAX Luke Joeckel
1 4 PHI Lane Johnson
1 7 ARI Jonathan Cooper
1 10 TEN Chance Warmack
1 11 SDG D.J. Fluker
1 19 NYG Justin Pugh
1 20 CHI Kyle Long
1 31 DAL Travis Frederick
2 42 OAK Menelik Watson
3 65 DET Larry Warford
3 72 NYJ Brian Winters
3 75 NOR Terron Armstead
3 77 MIA Dallas Thomas
3 86 IND Hugh Thornton
3 89 HOU Brennan Williams

1 4 MIN Matt Kalil
1 23 DET Riley Reiff
1 24 PIT David DeCastro
1 27 CIN Kevin Zeitler
2 37 CLE Mitchell Schwartz
2 40 CAR Amini Silatolu
2 41 BUF Cordy Glenn
2 42 MIA Jonathan Martin
2 44 KAN Jeff Allen
2 55 ATL Peter Konz
2 56 PIT Mike Adams
2 60 BAL Kelechi Osemele
3 71 WAS Josh LeRibeus
3 74 KAN Donald Stephenson
3 76 HOU Brandon Brooks
3 91 ATL Lamar Holmes
3 95 OAK Tony Bergstrom

2014 had five 1st round linemen picks with two other good ones being taken at the top of the 2nd round, 6 2nd rounders in total. Then 11 3rd round Oline picks.

2013 had 9 1st round linemen picks. One second round pick, then six 3rd round picks.

2012 was called a meat and potato's draft. It had four 1st round picks, eight second round picks and five 3rd round picks.

The 2015 group does not seem to offer as much top quality or depth as any of these groups based off mocks I have seen. So this is why I don't think the linemen group is as good as the past two seasons, in terms of quality and depth of prospects.

If there is a semi run on offensive linemen towards the end of the 1st round like jurbs mock here suggests, then that would look more similar to the 2012 draft. Which may have been called meat and potato's as a nice way of saying there wasn't as much talent at other positions in the 2012 draft.

Like I siad, there isn't top level talent at oline. The depth is pretty outstanding though.

Just looking at the NFL.com ratings, they have 6 OL with rating of 6.0 or higher. That's the 2nd most of any position behind DL. That gives OL 6 of the top 29 rated players.

Of course it's subjective but all in all most everyone seems to agree that there is a lot of good, but not great prospects at OL this year.

I'm waiting for more information on defensive back Eric Rowe, but I can confirm something that I've been told over the past few weeks; Rowe is flying up draft boards and most feel there's no way he gets out of the second round. I'm told the Philadelphia Eagles are very high on Rowe, who's drawing intrigue based on his size/speed and ability to line-up at either cornerback or safety.

My take is the Eagles take Utah's Rowe anywhere from 20-26

Like I siad, there isn't top level talent at oline. The depth is pretty outstanding though.

Just looking at the NFL.com ratings, they have 6 OL with rating of 6.0 or higher. That's the 2nd most of any position behind DL. That gives OL 6 of the top 29 rated players.

Of course it's subjective but all in all most everyone seems to agree that there is a lot of good, but not great prospects at OL this year.
A lot of perspective is coming from the question of if I think any of these linemen are worth the 11 overall pick? I don't really think so. Perhaps the value becomes better towards the end of the first and into the second round.

Why do you think the Jets trade with JAX and not TEN?
Nothing more than a gut feeling that Tenn wants Williams. They can't really trade back and still land him. Jax can move back and still get a slew of available edge guys.

Why do you think the Jets trade with JAX and not TEN?
Nothing more than a gut feeling that Tenn wants Williams. They can't really trade back and still land him. Jax can move back and still get a slew of available edge guys.
Personally I think if someone calls they trade (assuming that the offer is acceptable). Getting a 2016 1st (plus incidentals) from a team that will pratically be forced to start a rookie will be too tempting to turn down. TEN has a lot of holes to fill...

Users who are viewing this thread