Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Nelson Agholor, Patriots


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last night's line for Aghlor is the perfect argument against the PPR format. THAT receiving performance is worth 11 points? Terrible. Yes, I play in PPR but that line deserves negative point

Adding relevant content to the player threads from a variety of sources is my way of making a positive contribution to the message boards. Some people play in in 14 and 16 team leagues with larger ros

I’m confused, what was wrong with his performance?  He caught 8 of his 10 targets.  On one of the targets he didn’t catch, he was open downfield and foles took too long to get rid of it and it was nea

Tweeted on Thursday night:

 

Quote

Zach Berman @ZBerm

Seeing a lot more Nelson Agholor on the outside tonight. You can see how much better he's playing than '16, when he spent most of his time on the outside. Have heard defensive players rave about his potential. He's going to keep getting better.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, oldmanhawkins said:

Still confused.  Sure, 4 ypr is almost unheard of.  Why does it reflect badly on Nelson, in this case?

It doesn't reflect badly on him anymore than an 8 rush for 13 yards reflects badly on any RB. Was it his line's fault, was it his fault? Who cares, the stat line sux. Who said it reflected badly on Nelson? Its a horrible stat line is all I said. Not something to get excited about. Even if he continued to get your 11+ points each week with the same state line, its unsustainable as he will be replaced as it doesnt help his real football team. Nobody is going to make a career out of 8 for 33 receiving stat lines long term. It sux.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1.0 PPR is ridiculous, as anyone who is mathematically inclined realized long ago, and as Yahoo! has now conceded. PPR came into existence for only one reason: to give WRs comparable value to RBs. In a 12-team league where rosters start 3 WRs and with 0.5 PPR, WRs compare fully with RBs across the tiers.

Edited by cjv123
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cjv123 said:

1.0 PPR is ridiculous, as anyone who is mathematically inclined realized long ago, and as Yahoo! has now conceded. PPR came into existence for only one reason: to give WRs comparable value to RBs. In a 12-team league where rosters start 3 WRs and with 0.5 PPR, WRs compare fully with RBs across the tiers.

That's what we are in dynasty. 0.5 ppr.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BLOCKED_PUNT said:

He's not Golden Tate and the Eagles need to use him vertically.

To be fair there are only like 5 receivers in the NFL who possess Tate's yac ability but I still agree. Agholor's average depth of target was 5.3 yards on Thursday, that's like Benjamin Watson territory. PHI's vertical game has to be more than Wallace running fly routes because Wallace isn't scaring anyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cjv123 said:

1.0 PPR is ridiculous, as anyone who is mathematically inclined realized long ago, and as Yahoo! has now conceded. PPR came into existence for only one reason: to give WRs comparable value to RBs. In a 12-team league where rosters start 3 WRs and with 0.5 PPR, WRs compare fully with RBs across the tiers.

RB value is still much much higher than wr these days.  From a positional drop off, to the scarcity of the position, RB value is huge.  Even in PPR the top rbs will go before the top wrs, so I do not think 1.0 PPR is "ridiculous" by ANY stretch of the imagination.  I agree I prefer .5ppr if its start 3wr, but 1 if its start 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

To be fair there are only like 5 receivers in the NFL who possess Tate's yac ability but I still agree. Agholor's average depth of target was 5.3 yards on Thursday, that's like Benjamin Watson territory. PHI's vertical game has to be more than Wallace running fly routes because Wallace isn't scaring anyone. 

It's not that Agholor is a slouch when it comes to speed.  I think it was just the plan going in, let Foles get some easier throws in the short field, and eventually stretch the field.  They never got to the 2nd part of that plan since he's the definition of a backup QB.  Agholor being literally the only competent receiver at all in the Atlanta game is the reason he got peppered with targets.  Good sign going forward when Jeffery/Wentz come back.  

I think the realization is that Ertz isn't as good as we thought.  Either that or you're fading his performance due to Foles being what he is.  But other than the drops he had, he couldn't separate at all.  Super Bowl hangover, 1st week jitters, Foles sucks, ATL defense is actually good, pick your excuse.  All of them are cause for concern, EXCEPT for Agholor and Ajayi I feel.  Those are the only 2 to bank on going forward and even that's iffy.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Quote

 

Nelson Agholor caught 8-of-12 targets for 95 yards and a touchdown in the Eagles' Week 2 loss at Tampa Bay.

Agholor has double-digit targets in each of the first two weeks, and there is some belief Carson Wentz (knee) could return for Week 3 versus Indianapolis. With Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) slated to miss at least one more game, Agholor will remain a volume monster. He's earned WR2 treatment for the foreseeable future.

 

:thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked at FBGs points against data. Two things stand out:

* TN D ranks 8th worst pass D vs. WRs in terms of points allowed.

* TN D ranks THE BEST against limiting TE production.

Granted, TN has faced a bunch of bums at TE, but it wouldn't surprise me if a Vrabel led team is solid against TEs.

Maybe the gameplan shifts towards a more WR centric approach this week.

Debating Agholor vs. T. Lockett this week. This data has me leaning Agholor...especially if Jeffery is out. Actually, Jeffery playing could help even more if TN is preoccupied with the 2 TEs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2018 at 6:57 AM, kyoun1e said:

Just looked at FBGs points against data. Two things stand out:

* TN D ranks 8th worst pass D vs. WRs in terms of points allowed.

* TN D ranks THE BEST against limiting TE production.

Granted, TN has faced a bunch of bums at TE, but it wouldn't surprise me if a Vrabel led team is solid against TEs.

Maybe the gameplan shifts towards a more WR centric approach this week.

Debating Agholor vs. T. Lockett this week. This data has me leaning Agholor...especially if Jeffery is out. Actually, Jeffery playing could help even more if TN is preoccupied with the 2 TEs.

Yeah...well...um...no.

Went from debating if I should start him to debating  if I should drop him now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kyoun1e said:

If targets got me points I'd be impressed.

Most of us subscribe to the theory that opportunity gets you points, but feel free to toss him onto the scrap heap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 11:41 PM, SkippaDaFlippa said:

Well targets usually leads to receptions which leads to points in a ppr league. So when it comes to Agholor I would say PPR = Hold & Standard Scoring = Drop

Anyone with a target total?

Thought this would be his kind of game in the slot with Rhodes matched up with Jeffery. It also seems likes it's Z. Ertz all day all the time.

NYG somewhat burnable by slot WRs, but that's what I thought this week. Also would have to think the pass game may pick up with Ajayi now out.

Hard to hold on to this guy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Anyone with a target total?

Thought this would be his kind of game in the slot with Rhodes matched up with Jeffery. It also seems likes it's Z. Ertz all day all the time.

NYG somewhat burnable by slot WRs, but that's what I thought this week. Also would have to think the pass game may pick up with Ajayi now out.

Hard to hold on to this guy. 

Only 4 targets vs Minn.. caught all 4. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Nelson Agholor caught 3-of-5 targets for 91 yards in the Eagles' Week 6 win over the Giants.

The yards were Agholor's most of the season but came in fluky fashion. His first catch was a 32-yarder that came on a batted ball. His second was a 58-yarder where the defense failed to account for him as he kept running a route as Carson Wentz escaped pressure. The three grabs were Agholor's fewest of the season, while he's now drawn five or fewer looks in 3-of-4 Wentz starts. Agholor will be a low-floor WR3 for Week 7 against the Panthers.

Oct 12 - 12:02 AM

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2018 at 6:10 AM, kyoun1e said:

Anyone with a target total?

Thought this would be his kind of game in the slot with Rhodes matched up with Jeffery. It also seems likes it's Z. Ertz all day all the time.

NYG somewhat burnable by slot WRs, but that's what I thought this week. Also would have to think the pass game may pick up with Ajayi now out.

Hard to hold on to this guy. 

Yea he's officially dropable now even in PPR. 91 yards tonight were definitely flukish. The most important thing I'm looking at are the targets. 5 targets tonight, 4 targets last week, no bueno.

Personally I'm going to keep stashing him on my bench only due to the fact that I own him in a fairly deep league and don't really like what I'm seeing on the waiver wire. Don't really have high expectations for him though unless Alshon gets hurt again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SkippaDaFlippa said:

Yea he's officially dropable now even in PPR. 91 yards tonight were definitely flukish. The most important thing I'm looking at are the targets. 5 targets tonight, 4 targets last week, no bueno.

Personally I'm going to keep stashing him on my bench only due to the fact that I own him in a fairly deep league and don't really like what I'm seeing on the waiver wire. Don't really have high expectations for him though unless Alshon gets hurt again.

Wouldn't say he's droppable yet, but targets are definitely concerning.  Alshon is going to start seeing more coverage though.  Carson just loves throwing to Alshon and Ertz.  I think we can expect 7 targets a game going forward, and games like 5 for 75.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports teams believe Nelson Agholor is available for trade.

Agholor is entering the final year of his contract and is set to get a massive raise to $9.387 million after making just over $1.7 million last season. The Eagles are already paying Alshon Jeffery and DeSean Jackson big money at receiver, so having Agholor make that much as the third wideout doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The Eagles could end up flipping him if they select a receiver this weekend.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 24, 2019, 12:08 PM

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

ESPN's Adam Schefter suspects the Eagles' selection of Stanford WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside could spell the end of Nelson Agholor's tenure with Philadelphia.

The Eagles had made Agholor available for trade even before selecting Arcega-Whiteside with the 57th pick Thursday night. The fifth-year slot receiver has never quite delivered on his first-round promise, though he's been productive the past two seasons, compiling a respectable 126-1,504-12 receiving line during that span. Agholor is owed an extravagant $9.387 million over the final year of his rookie deal.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Apr 26, 2019, 8:28 PM

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Doug Pederson Picks 6 Eagles Who Have Stood Out in OTAs

Excerpt:

Quote

Nelson Agholor, WR, Year 5

After an offseason of questions and rumors, Agholor has looked good so far this spring. He's a little bigger but still has his speed and is making plays. 

"I think Nelson has had a really good offseason," Pederson said. 

Because he's playing on his fifth-year option year, Agholor, 26, has an inflated salary of nearly $9.4 million in 2019. It's also a contract year; he'll be a free agent at the end of this coming season. If he has a big year, he could earn a lot of money on the open market in nine months. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

 

Quote

Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski listed Nelson Agholor as one of the most impressive Eagles of the summer and expects him to be a "significant part" of the offense.

The Eagles reportedly had cast Agholor's name into the trade waters earlier in the offseason but found no takers. There was some concern Agholor might not stay with the team due to his $9.387 million salary and addition of DeSean Jackson behind Alshon Jeffery. But Agholor has responded with a strong camp and figures to have the No. 3 receiver gig locked down. We wouldn't expect some monster season out of Agholor, mainly because the Eagles project to be one of the top users of "12 personnel" featuring one running back, two tight ends, and two wideouts. Agholor's snaps are likely to be dialed back in 2019.

SOURCE: Philly Voice

Aug 21, 2019, 9:52 AM ET

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eagles you want are Wentz and Ertz. And DJax in best ball leagues. Everyone else is going to be splitting opportunities. Even if Aggie does well in his role, he’s still not likely to be worth more than a bye-week fill-in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

 

Quote

Nelson Agholor caught 8-of-11 targets for 107 yards and a touchdown in Week 2 against the Falcons.

Agholor was forced into the No. 1 role with DeSean Jackson (groin) and Alshon Jeffery (calf) leaving early with injuries. He had a quiet night before a 43-yard catch on fourth down with under two minutes remaining. Agholor struggled with some drops, but he gave the Eagles a chance to win late. Agholor would have plug-and-play value if one of Jackson or Jeffery sits next week.

Sep 16, 2019, 12:10 AM ET

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Awful blurb. He had a good game until he had a bad drop at the end that would have given them the lead with 1:45 to play. But until then and after then he was good and dominated snaps with Alshon and DeSean injured. Rotoworld's blurb, as usual, is surprisingly written and leads me to question whether they watched the game. He made some nice catches on bad throws but had that horrible miss. An up and down night. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

8-107-TD...I know he has slippery hands for a WR and can disappear but...he has Wentz throwing the ball and with guys like DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffries always seeming to miss time at one point or another AND AND AND I might add that Agholor was in on a large number of the snaps Week 1 and I thought WOW, if DeSean is not summoned to bail them out that maybe NA just might be a good sleeper play and low and behold we find 107/TD this morning. 

I'm not naive, this guy is not a WR1 and never will be but he can be a great flex option depending on match ups and also the health of those around him. Wentz can win with Ertz, any WR that can catch, and an array of RBs out of the back field and he'll still throw for 300-400 yards and Agholor if he's healthy stands to gain from all this. 

128 receptions, 1600 yds and 12 TDs over his last 26 starts which breaks down to about 5/60/TD opp is about 50/50 and you know he has duds so if you were to assume half dozen are going to be gross but that would leave about 20 good games and that box score rises a little to 6/80/TD and that's a pretty solid day for most WRs, both of those box scores. 

I wouldn't wait this week if he is floating around the WW(12% owned my notes) and you at least have a guy you can use during bye weeks. He is still a WR4/5 but he might be one of the better ones and could also fill a flex spot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rockaction said:

^ Awful blurb. He had a good game until he had a bad drop at the end that would have given them the lead with 1:45 to play. But until then and after then he was good and dominated snaps with Alshon and DeSean injured. Rotoworld's blurb, as usual, is surprisingly written and leads me to question whether they watched the game. He made some nice catches on bad throws but had that horrible miss. An up and down night. 

I thought he looked awesome... maybe that's a bit much though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

I thought he looked awesome... maybe that's a bit much though.

I thought looking awesome would have been hauling in that throw in the end zone in the first half. He went up just a little early for that. He got tagged regardless and the ball had been overthrown and behind, as per Wentz's wont last night. And that drop was a game-winner. I forget how much time was left, but it was under two mins.

But yes, as somebody who grabbed him off of the wire and started him for fun and to get in on the game, he was awesome for fantasy purposes, very good overall for performance's sake. He was the leader of the WR corps after DJax and Alshon went down, often hand signaling to Wentz about coverages and the like.

I'd monitor him as a few week fill-in if they remain out. But you've got to be deep-benched and desperate, IMHO. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I thought looking awesome would have been hauling in that throw in the end zone in the first half. He went up just a little early for that. He got tagged regardless and the ball had been overthrown and behind, as per Wentz's wont last night. And that drop was a game-winner. I forget how much time was left, but it was under two mins.

But yes, as somebody who grabbed him off of the wire and started him for fun and to get in on the game, he was awesome for fantasy purposes, very good overall for performance's sake. He was the leader of the WR corps after DJax and Alshon went down, often hand signaling to Wentz about coverages and the like.

I'd monitor him as a few week fill-in if they remain out. But you've got to be deep-benched and desperate, IMHO. 

In my defense I didn't see the end of the game (until I just looked it up). But you're right he should have caught it.

I still say if either Jackson or Jeffery miss time, he's a at least a WR3 in ppr. Wentz won't stop throwing to him because of one drop. Even when the Eagles have a healthy WR group, Agholor could have some big games when defenses choose to allow the underneath stuff not wanting Jackson to beat them.

Edited by cloppbeast
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, packer_junkie said:

Dropped a walk-in 65 yard TD or he would have had 11-170 2 TD

He pretty much gained all of the yards they gained on that drive with his catch at the end, so he really would have been 10 targets and 9-130-2, which is still awesome. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Nelson Agholor caught 8-of-12 targets for 50 yards and two touchdowns in the Eagles' Week 3 loss to the Lions.

Anyone who watched the game got the full 'Nelson Agholor Experience' as he dropped a crucial third down target in the first half, fumbled the ball over to Detroit inside the two-minute mark, then responded in the third quarter by pin-balling off opposing defenders for a 20-yard touchdown sprint. His second touchdown was an easy pick-play assisted by Mack Hollins (4/62) along the goal line. Agholor will continue to see a team-high share of targets without Alshon Jeffery (calf) and DeSean Jackson (abdominal) in the interim, but the 26-year-old slot wideout can't be counted on if the aforementioned duo return as early as Thursday. Budget your FAAB accordingly.

Sep 22, 2019, 5:05 PM ET

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rockaction said:

I'd already dropped him for The Unicorn. He has no value once DeSean and Alshon come back from injury. 

That's simply not true but...

Guy has 125+ receptions, 1,600 yds, 12 TDs over like his last 20 starts last 2 seasons and then he has 100/TD last week, 2TDs this week...don't be so fast to turn the page n this guy to jump on top of the unicorn 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

That's simply not true but...

Guy has 125+ receptions, 1,600 yds, 12 TDs over like his last 20 starts last 2 seasons and then he has 100/TD last week, 2TDs this week...don't be so fast to turn the page n this guy to jump on top of the unicorn 😁

Guy averages very few points and projects to hit his average. Actually, Rotoworld's blurb points out he averages seven points per game over the past two seasons. You can have that output for all I'm concerned. I'm holding out. The Unicorn is averaging that, and has an upside. He's not the fifth option or so on offense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Faust changed the title to Dynasty & Redraft: WR Nelson Agholor, Patriots

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...