What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Nelson Agholor, BAL (1 Viewer)

Everyone's drooling over Cooper and the various RB's, but Agholor seems like a decent dark horse bet to win OROY. Kelly is leaving Matthews mostly in the slot like last year, and Agholor (a Maclin clone) is slotting into Maclin's role. I think Matthews' market share grows, as does Ertz's...but there are a lot of targets to go around in this offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone's drooling over Cooper and the various RB's, but Agholor seems like a decent dark horse bet to win OROY. Kelley is leaving Matthews mostly in the slot like last year, and Agholor (a Maclin clone) is slotting into Maclin's role. I think Matthews' market share grows, as does Ertz's...but there are a lot of targets to go around in this offense.
Who is everyone? Cooper seems to be considered lucky to have a job by almost all reports I've seen.My mistake. Amari Cooper. With Nelson mentioned I assumed it was Riley Cooper. Carry on.

He's talking about the Cooper in Oak... Hence the OROY reference.

Anybody concerned that Agholor is just going to be one of many weapons in a spread-it-around offense?

I know he's talented; I'm just not sure his rookie year fantasy value will match his ADP (redraft).

He's currently going at 6.06 in real drafts (12-team PPR) at MFL.

I think looking at Jordan Matthews season last ear is a good guage for what's possible. Nothing top tier but worth taking a shot on for late year production.

Insein said:
I think looking at Jordan Matthews season last ear is a good guage for what's possible. Nothing top tier but worth taking a shot on for late year production.
I see Mathews getting consistently drafted in the 4th. Agholor in the sixth isn't a bad deal depending on what you already have. I'd take him as a WR 3 if I already have two backs. If you knew he'd come close to what Mathews did last year, it's decent value. He might exceed Mathews. Very interested--no excited about these two.However, neither is gonna be someone like Edelman who is gonna grab 8 balls per game. There is some risk starting the eagles receivers.

Jack White said:
Anybody concerned that Agholor is just going to be one of many weapons in a spread-it-around offense?

I know he's talented; I'm just not sure his rookie year fantasy value will match his ADP (redraft).

That is the same reason I avoided Maclin last year, and that turned out to be a mistake. Though I also had injury concerns about Maclin. Aghalor is just a rookie, though. I grabbed him in the 8th in one FFPC draft a little while ago. Would rather have him than S Smith or M Floyd.

Insein said:
I think we need to look at the Maclin/Djax seasons for what is possible, although maybe not as a rookie. Matthews is going to stay in the slot while Agholor takes the outside role that has been so productive. The main question is whether he is athletic enough to reach those heights.

Insein said:
I think we need to look at the Maclin/Djax seasons for what is possible, although maybe not as a rookie. Matthews is going to stay in the slot while Agholor takes the outside role that has been so productive. The main question is whether he is athletic enough to reach those heights.
While I can see that in years to come, I do expect the adjustment period most rookies deal with to show early on. But this kid seems to be the real deal talent wise. Can't wait to see how he does.

Insein said:
While I can see that in years to come, I do expect the adjustment period most rookies deal with to show early on. But this kid seems to be the real deal talent wise. Can't wait to see how he does.
Route running is the thing that holds a lot of guys back their first year. Agholor is as polished as they come there and has a very high football IQ. I think he reaches his potential sooner rather than later.

Hope I can get some shares of him at some point. Was unexpectedly faced with Parker vs him in my rookie draft so far and chose the higher upside of Parker.

Not to mention he seems to have a natural feel on the football field. He knows what to do and it's second nature for where to go and what to do. He accomplishes football moves with ease because he doesn't have to think. Once he overcomes the playbook he'll be fine.

Jack White said:

That seems too high.

Good WR in a great system. How long is Chip there though?

Would def take Cooper, White, Parker, and Perriman ahead of him.

Good WR in a great system. How long is Chip there though?

Would def take Cooper, White, Parker, and Perriman ahead of him.
Can see and agree with the first three, but I think taking Perriman over Agholor will prove to be a mistake for anyone who made that decision.

Perriman has a significantly higher ceiling and is a perfect fit with Flacco. Plus he's got a clear path to being Baltimore's #1wr. He's raw for sure and could bust but I'm swinging for the fences with my first round picks not playing it safe.

This is the guy you want if he is there in the 6th, maybe 5th depending on which WRs are left. I have at least one more draft near start of the season and his ADP may go up. I targeted Maclin in a competitive draft last year knowing what he could do and he excelled. I think Agholor could be solid WR 2 and better. Targeting him as your 3rd WR is a championship move. Wish I could draft more of this guy.

Milkman said:
Perriman has a significantly higher ceiling and is a perfect fit with Flacco. Plus he's got a clear path to being Baltimore's #1wr. He's raw for sure and could bust but I'm swinging for the fences with my first round picks not playing it safe.
The reason you say he's a perfect fit, is because we've seen a very similar player catch the ball from Flacco already--Torrey Smith. Who was never a very good or reliable fantasy WR.

He's possibly better than Torrey Smith but that's def a concern. It's going to be a little different offense and Flacco can stretch the field vertically which is also Perriman's strength.

He's possibly better than Torrey Smith but that's def a concern. It's going to be a little different offense and Flacco can stretch the field vertically which is also Perriman's strength.
Which was also Smith's strength. The Trestman offense could make a difference, but then again he's said the Ravens are still a running team, so I'm not sure how many more targets Perriman owners can expect over what Torrey Smith got unless Perriman is really that much better, which I haven't seen any evidence of yet. Torrey Smith was also a freak with potential dropsies when he came out.

Milkman said:
Agholor has a pretty clear path to being the Eagles' #1.

Rotoworld:

Rookie Nelson Agholor has begun mixing in heavily with the first-team offense at Eagles camp.

The Eagles opened August with Riley Cooper, Josh Huff, and Jordan Matthews in three-receiver sets. On Thursday, Agholor was more involved with the first unit than at any point previously in training camp. "Hes quick," observed beat writer Jeff McLane, "but what has impressed most is how effortlessly he gets in and out of his breaks." Agholor should become a starter by Week 1.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Aug 6 - 6:20 PM

Agholor/Rowe getting first-team looks; Huff improving; Tebow shines

Excerpt:

It took almost all of last year’s training camp, I believe, for Jordan Matthews to move from the second team up to the first team. He was clearly the best slot even as early as the spring, but Chip Kelly typically doesn’t rush his young players. WR Nelson Agholor has been in the same boat this year. He has more competition on the outside than Matthews had on the inside, but the feeling here is that he has greater upside that either Josh Huff or Riley Cooper. On Thursday, Agholor had maybe his most repetitions with the first team offense in place of Huff. It would be a mistake to make any assumptions based on practice reps, but Agholor should get more than a peek as time progresses. He’s quick, but what has impressed most is how effortlessly he gets in and out of his breaks. Agholor didn’t have many opportunities during his first team snaps, but he nearly pulled off a one-handed grab on a QB Mark Sanchez fade pass into the corner of the end zone. CB Nolan Carroll got a hand in, though, and broke it up at the last second.

Rotoworld:

Nelson Agholor - WR - Eagles

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, first-round pick Nelson Agholor "hasn't yet made a strong claim" for a starting job at Eagles camp.

Beat writer Jeff McLane says Agholor "has had his ups and downs," failing to show as well early in camp as Jordan Matthews did last year. Although Agholor has mixed in with the first-team offense, he is primarily working with the twos, behind Matthews, Riley Cooper, and Josh Huff. Agholor will have to outplay Huff and/or Cooper in preseason games to earn a starting job by Week 1.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Aug 7 - 11:51 PM

This guy frightens and confuses me in redrafts. He could end up with 400 yards or 1400 yards and neither would surprise me.

Rotoworld:

Nelson Agholor - WR - Eagles

Eagles first-round WR Nelson Agholor got "all" the first-team reps at Josh Huff's spot on Tuesday.

The Eagles have been working the No. 20 pick in slowly, but this should become a common occurrence. We'd be surprised if Agholor hasn't seized starting duties by Week 1.

Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter

Aug 11 - 2:09 PM

Forgive my ignorance to Chip Kelly's offense here, but typically the outside guy gets more yards than the slot. However, all the rankings I see show Mathews higher. Sup?

Yes you can't just say the rookie will get more targets than the guy already there who has been pretty good. His ADP is around 67-68th in PPR.

Users who are viewing this thread