What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Nelson Agholor, BAL (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld could have been more clearer, but it's Rotoworld.

Still, Agholor is more talented than Huff, but in that offense they will rotate their WRs prob more than any coach has in recent memory. Throw in improved TE3 Trey Burton, and you have a fantasy nightmare for fantasy players.
Huff is the clear #3 WR

Rotoworld could have been more clearer, but it's Rotoworld.

Still, Agholor is more talented than Huff, but in that offense they will rotate their WRs prob more than any coach has in recent memory. Throw in improved TE3 Trey Burton, and you have a fantasy nightmare for fantasy players.
Not really. While the offense has the potential to spread it around, key guys usually shine from it. Maclin and Matthews last year. Desean and Cooper the year before. I think Matthews and Agholar will be close to a 1000 yd duo by year's end with Jordan around the 1200 mark.

I'm debating between him and Ryan Matthews in a non PPR. He should be involved and Atlanta's secondary is very beatable

I think so. Other option would be Royal which would is very tempting with Alshon's limited availability.

Tread cautiously week 1. Chip doesn't have a history of starting rookies week 1, or year 1 for that matter. Zach Ertz still hasn't beaten out Brent Celek. Riley Cooper started all last year over Jordan Matthews.

Tread cautiously week 1. Chip doesn't have a history of starting rookies week 1, or year 1 for that matter. Zach Ertz still hasn't beaten out Brent Celek. Riley Cooper started all last year over Jordan Matthews.
I think this is good advice. He very well could see the 4th most snaps among WRs behind Mathews, Huff and even Cooper.

Not sure why anyone thought Agholor would have a hot start. Chip was reluctant to put Mathews in a big role early on as well.

Not sure why anyone thought Agholor would have a hot start. Chip was reluctant to put Mathews in a big role early on as well.
Where were you before the game?
I know it seems like hindsight, sorry. I don't usually check out player threads for guys I'm not starting that week. I own Agholor in a couple leagues but sat him. I expect him to be on fire the second half of the season but start slower.

Hmm. He played 80% of the snaps, which was 2nd on the team. Things will turn around here. Patience will be need, though.

Hmm. He played 80% of the snaps, which was 2nd on the team. Things will turn around here. Patience will be need, though.
yeah I noticed him on the field a lot, seemed like he was matched up against ATL top corner too, Bradford loved the check down to the rbs most of the game

yeah I noticed him on the field a lot, seemed like he was matched up against ATL top corner too, Bradford loved the check down to the rbs most of the game
Kelly and Sam seem to have two different histories, the former is 'you never know where it's going' and the other falls in love with a single WR over and over again. This breaks either way this week but I think the reliance on Matthews is here to stay.

2 targets in a game with 52 passes is disturbing.

BUT, Desmond Trufant is legit. And this was Agholor's first NFL game.

And he was in for 80% of the snaps. Better days ahead if he keeps getting this much time on the field in this offense.

Painful watching Agholor running clear and clean on a BUNCH of routes, while Captain LockOn didnt move his head once to check any other receiver aside from the intended target.

When Chip watched the film, he's gotta see the work Agholor was doing, no? Plus, they lost... So there's more than one reason, and this could be one of them.

I'm holding steady and maybe starting next week. Very frustrating to watch as Bradford almost never looked to his side. Is Bradford known as a lock on kinda guy? Or was he maybe just frazzled from the pressure Atlanta was putting on him?

Where were you before the game?
I know it seems like hindsight, sorry. I don't usually check out player threads for guys I'm not starting that week. I own Agholor in a couple leagues but sat him. I expect him to be on fire the second half of the season but start slower.
I really hope so

I'm holding steady and maybe starting next week. Very frustrating to watch as Bradford almost never looked to his side. Is Bradford known as a lock on kinda guy? Or was he maybe just frazzled from the pressure Atlanta was putting on him?
Bradford just isn't very good

Painful watching Agholor running clear and clean on a BUNCH of routes, while Captain LockOn didnt move his head once to check any other receiver aside from the intended target.

When Chip watched the film, he's gotta see the work Agholor was doing, no? Plus, they lost... So there's more than one reason, and this could be one of them.
YES! Bradford looks like he predetermines what receiver or side of the field he's going to pre-snap. I've not watched a lot of him (he's hardly been on the field in recent years), but I didn't think he'd be such a lock on type QB. Can't complain about snap counts, so just gotta hope Chip sees them being predictable and gets NA involved more in the future.

Relax.

It's one game. He played 80% of the snaps in his first NFL game. He's in a high volume offense.

Patience, please.

YES! Bradford looks like he predetermines what receiver or side of the field he's going to pre-snap. I've not watched a lot of him (he's hardly been on the field in recent years), but I didn't think he'd be such a lock on type QB. Can't complain about snap counts, so just gotta hope Chip sees them being predictable and gets NA involved more in the future.
Agreed. Agholor got open several times in that game but Bradford was looked onto other guys. I guess it shouldn't be a big surprise,mBradford hasn't played significant time in a while. Hopefully he starts seeing the field better. Or, maybe he just watches the film and sees Nelson was open.

Rotoworld:

Nelson Agholor caught 3-of-6 targets for 31 yards in Philadelphia's Week 2 loss to the Cowboys.

Agholor was open for a potential 28-yard touchdown early in the fourth quarter, but Sam Bradford completely missed him with a horrific pass. That was the closest Agholor came to making an impact on a game where the Eagles got absolutely dominated. The good news is, Agholor continues to look like the leader of the Eagles' rotation opposite Jordan Matthews. He remains worth holding onto as an upside WR4/5.

Sep 20 - 8:33 PM

Users who are viewing this thread