Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

WR Nelson Agholor, NE

As Bradford gets more comfortable, I think Agholar will reap the rewards. 2nd half is when you want this guy.

I'll buy that. Short of contributing right away, I am happy that Agholor is playing a lot. Lots of receivers need time and experience to break out, and it can only be a positive that NA is playing as much as he is. The more snaps the better.

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/648949592256450560

CBs lined up vs. Nelson Agholor by routes:

34 - Desmon Trufant

33 - Brandon Carr

24 - Darrelle Revis.

That's 81% of his routes.

I take 2 things away from that information. 1. Matthews is still in the slot, therefore the best CB on opposing teams won't be on him. 2. He's viewed as a threat no matter where Matthews is and he's getting lots of playing time against the best.

Taking a little while but he will pay off by years end.

That is news to you guys? I thought this was the Shark Pool? Anyone who started Agholor vs NYJ and expected points was delusional.

That's why I'm holding onto him for one more week. Need to see improvement though or he's done.

Edited by No. 16

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/648949592256450560

CBs lined up vs. Nelson Agholor by routes:

34 - Desmon Trufant

33 - Brandon Carr

24 - Darrelle Revis.

That's 81% of his routes.

Great info. Wow.

Hope he gets going sooner than later. With the ball in his hands he can make the magic happen.

yeah hes on the field but Sammy isn't throwing his way much at all, its pretty much look for Mathews or dump it off to a back at this point

That is news to you guys? I thought this was the Shark Pool? Anyone who started Agholor vs NYJ and expected points was delusional.

That's why I'm holding onto him for one more week. Need to see improvement though or he's done.

Dropping him after four weeks is not very shark-ish. He's a rookie WR. Did you really expect immediate production? It wasn't long ago that people used to talk about the 3-year rule with WRs. Now it's the 4-week rule?

• Like 1

Taking the good with the bad today. I really thought he was smarter than some of the mistakes he's made so that's a little disappointing. He's still a rookie that plays quite a lot so I'm not really concerned yet but if it continues then it obviously grows with each mistake. He looked good catching the ball and made some nice plays which is definitely encouraging. Just needs to cut the mistakes down.

It's gonna happen as long as Bradford keeps improving.

Nelson had an awesome one handed grab on a deep pass.

That's a big IF

Bradford was 10/17 for 195 and 3 TDs for the first 22 minutes or so of the second half. 5/11 for 75 yards the rest of the game. It's there in spurts. Hopefully he puts it together soon.

He's not open. I watched him a bunch and he can't get any separation. Redskins offered the first not high level CB on him and it was no different.

I think he's thinking. He's slower than preseason so I'm figuring Kelly opened the playbook more and he's unsure being careful.

He's gotta cruise right through his routes and study up if need be

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably the most disappointing rookie WR this year. Seemed to have a great opportunity to get on the field and produce. Just hasn't been able to do it.

Hold for the future.

White, Perriman, and Parker say hello. A rookie playing and getting reps is better than a guy injured.

Edited by Zyphros

This is probably the most disappointing rookie WR this year. Seemed to have a great opportunity to get on the field and produce. Just hasn't been able to do it.

Hold for the future.

He is definitely a hold in dynasty leagues since you have no choice, couldn't get a bag of peanuts for this bust...I am really bitter about this guy and cooks! ;(

• 2 weeks later...

Any locals or owners that follow closely heard anything new about him? Seeing that he's practicing in full and "will resume #2 duties alongside J Matthews" (according to rotoworld) this week...bye week and rest gonna do this kid and the Iggles good? He's a dynasty hold, no doubt, but really hoping to see something out of him this year. Jordan ain't doing so good catching the ball, so someone has to...maybe

No real news but the receiving corps is begging for someone to break out and do something. He's the only guy with talent enough to take the outside job and make plays. So the potential is there. But no one was talking about him all bye week.

Edited by Insein

Any locals or owners that follow closely heard anything new about him? Seeing that he's practicing in full and "will resume #2 duties alongside J Matthews" (according to rotoworld) this week...bye week and rest gonna do this kid and the Iggles good? He's a dynasty hold, no doubt, but really hoping to see something out of him this year. Jordan ain't doing so good catching the ball, so someone has to...maybe

The offense has gotten better over the weeks so I'm viewing it as only a matter of time as long as he stays healthy. He's had his moments that look good, and some struggles that you might expect out of a rookie but I'm hopeful for his future. I was probably the highest on him coming out of college and I'm just praying he isn't Marquis Lee 2.0 with injuries derailing him.

Hold for the future.

White, Perriman, and Parker say hello. A rookie playing and getting reps is better than a guy injured.
I don't know about that. I own Perriman in a couple of leagues and wouldn't trade him for Agholor right now. I'd rather take the unknown than the known. Edited by Don Quixote

Just picked this guy up off the waiver wire for peanuts in a dynasty league. :thumbup:

Its amazing to me the instant gratification mentality, especially in dynasty. This guy was a 1st round rookie pick and already on the waiver wire? Unbelievable. Plays a few games, gets injured and off to waivers.

In redraft understandable. In dynasty that's inexcusable.

Just picked this guy up off the waiver wire for peanuts in a dynasty league. :thumbup:

Its amazing to me the instant gratification mentality, especially in dynasty. This guy was a 1st round rookie pick and already on the waiver wire? Unbelievable. Plays a few games, gets injured and off to waivers.

Especially when you consider Bradford is his QB. He's in the right offense, he's getting the snaps. It's the QB that's screwing him up.

Especially when you consider Bradford is his QB. He's in the right offense, he's getting the snaps. It's the QB that's screwing him up.

He's been hurt the last 4 games too. Early it was Bradford horrible play. Now he just isn't on the field. I think he plays this week.

• Faust changed the title to WR Nelson Agholor, NE