What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Baseball INJURY thread: Half your team currently on the 10 day DL (1 Viewer)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex Cobb

SP | TB

Owned by YOU

Rays pitcher Alex Cobb underwent testing, which revealed a partial tear in his elbow ligament, the team confirmed on Tuesday, per the Tampa Bay Times.

Cobb suffered a setback in his recovery from forearm tendinitis on Monday. Although general manager Matthew Silverman told reporters that any setback is concerning, he reiterated that it's premature to speculate on surgery for Cobb. For now, the right-hander will try to pitch through the issue.

:kicksrock:
YOU are Owned

Eephus said:
Mesoraco is dead but the Reds still haven't put him on the DL
supposed to dh this weekend.
I was just reading he can't squat and probably won't be able to without surgery.

So basically they are gonna keep him as a pinch hitter the rest of the year and play him at DH for 8 games or so? That sounds like a great plan. oof

Eephus said:
I was just reading he can't squat and probably won't be able to without surgery.So basically they are gonna keep him as a pinch hitter the rest of the year and play him at DH for 8 games or so? That sounds like a great plan. oof
I'd like to hear Bryan Price's take on this.

Alex Cobb
SP | TB
Owned by YOU
Rays pitcher Alex Cobb underwent testing, which revealed a partial tear in his elbow ligament, the team confirmed on Tuesday, per the Tampa Bay Times.Cobb suffered a setback in his recovery from forearm tendinitis on Monday. Although general manager Matthew Silverman told reporters that any setback is concerning, he reiterated that it's premature to speculate on surgery for Cobb. For now, the right-hander will try to pitch through the issue.

:kicksrock:
####### A this sucks

Eephus said:
I was just reading he can't squat and probably won't be able to without surgery.So basically they are gonna keep him as a pinch hitter the rest of the year and play him at DH for 8 games or so? That sounds like a great plan. oof
Other option is DL him to call up a guy who sucka to take those pinch hits instead. The Reds are dumb, but this isn't even in the top 100 of their issues.

Stop me, oh, stop me

Stop me if you think that you've

Heard this one before

Stop me, oh, stop me

Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before

Nothing's changed

I still love you, oh, I still love you

...Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to, my love

Brandon Morrow on the DL

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nationals trailed, 2-1, after the second inning, when the Marlins scored two runs on two hits off starter Stephen Strasburg. Strasburg threw one more inning before leaving with discomfort under his right shoulder blade — though he said later he thought he could have pitched through it. Strasburg allowed two runs on four hits.

“At this point in the season, you just want to get it right and not alter your mechanics too much,” Strasburg said. “I think that’s the big thing. When I did feel it, I kind of started feeling for it.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/strasburg-exits-early-and-nationals-offense-never-arrives-in-2-1-loss/2015/05/05/513bea9c-f36c-11e4-bcc4-e8141e5eb0c9_story.html

1531180.jpg

Athletics pitcher Jarrod Parker suffered a fractured medial epicondyle, the bone that anchors the Tommy John graft in his elbow, according to Bay Area News Group.

Parker suffered the injury while throwing a pitch during his rehab start on Friday. He immediately went to the ground, grabbing at his arm after a pitch went flying past the catcher. It is unclear if Parker will need to undergo a second Tommy John surgery to repair the damage done. Athletics trainer Nick Paparesta said Parker will need surgery, but it's not clear yet how much.

Parker was working his way back from the surgery he underwent last March.
Man that guy is unlucky.

This Mesoraco situation is obnoxious. Guy hasn't caught in well over a month and they have him pinch hitting a handful of times a week. Why not just put him on the ####### DL you morons? Not sure I've ever seen anything this dumb.

This Mesoraco situation is obnoxious. Guy hasn't caught in well over a month and they have him pinch hitting a handful of times a week. Why not just put him on the ####### DL you morons? Not sure I've ever seen anything this dumb.
Whole organization should be burnt to the ground.

Javier Baez with a non-displaced fracture in his ring finger, gone 4-8 weeks.

Too bad because he was likely getting the call this week as an extra hitter for some AL match-ups. He hit a homer off the light tower last night.

According to two sources, hard-throwing reliever Carter Capps — a contender for the closer’s role — underwent a MRI after complaining of soreness in his right elbow.

Capps, who didn’t pitch the final two months of last season after going on the disabled list with a right elbow sprain, is expected to seek a second opinion. Capps also went on the DL in 2014 for the same issue.

Capps was in competition with A.J. Ramos for the closer’s role, a spot the Marlins figured would help lighten his workload and strain on his right arm.

One source said the Marlins are looking around the league for potential relief help through a trade.

Jarrod Dyson has been diagnosed with a Grade II oblique strain and will be out six week, Rustin Dodd of The Kansas City Star reports.

Maybin out 4-6 weeks. It's a wrist witch usually seem to take quite a while for hitters, could be longer

from rotoworld

Victor Martinez suffered an apparent left knee injury in Monday's game against the Mets.
V-Mart grabbed at the knee after rounding first base on a single and was immediately lifted for a pinch-runner. Not good. The veteran designated hitter has a long history of serious left knee troubles. Look for a status update from the Tigers within the next couple hours.

Limp Ditka said:
from rotoworld

Victor Martinez suffered an apparent left knee injury in Monday's game against the Mets.
V-Mart grabbed at the knee after rounding first base on a single and was immediately lifted for a pinch-runner. Not good. The veteran designated hitter has a long history of serious left knee troubles. Look for a status update from the Tigers within the next couple hours.
Here we go again

Only a deep league watch list guy, but Rymer Liriano took a pitch to the face. One less guy competing for a starting OF job. His manager called it serious. I won't be watching the video.

Only a deep league watch list guy, but Rymer Liriano took a pitch to the face. One less guy competing for a starting OF job. His manager called it serious. I won't be watching the video.
He'd been having a rough spring with 13 SO in 28 AB

Sonny Gray with a "dead arm" already.   That should really help boost his dreadful K numbers!

Also Gausman's shoulder hurts, oof.  Pretty much every Baltimore pitcher is :tfp:

Sonny Gray with a "dead arm" already.   That should really help boost his dreadful K numbers!

Also Gausman's shoulder hurts, oof.  Pretty much every Baltimore pitcher is :tfp:
Quite common in spring training. Not concerned at all. Sonny is an Ace ready to have his best season yet IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread