Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Another killing at the hands of the Police

In The Zone

Minneapolis/St. Paul not too bad right now. Atlanta looks worse at the moment. Police and National Guard don't seem to be enforcing the curfew yet, allowing protest crowds to walk down the street and chant. There's also still a lot of people peacefully gathering at the site of George Floyd's death. They've been going all day, listening to music and having people speak to the crowd. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, giantcookie said:
17 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Why are they going after CNN?   Throwing explosives at police is a great idea.  I'm sure they'll be the victims when cops retaliate

This is pretty vile dude. Jesus

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, giantcookie said:

CNN has been adding fuel to the fire for years when it comes to racial tension.

@Matt_Phoenix_07

Put 20 people from different cultures and nationalities in a room

They will conversate, love, learn & debate with heart.

Add a CNN or Leftist reporter in that room & they will divide us within minutes 
It’s all for political control and power 

When are we going to wake up ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Laughing 2

The truth of the matter is, 99% of these rioters couldn’t even tell you who will be running for president in November. They don’t have any leftist or conservative agenda. They are out the cause trouble and loot as many items as possible.

• Like 3

RE: CNN, my understanding is that there is a police precinct in the basement of the CNN tower, and the Atlanta PD basically set up the "battle line" right in front of the building. Protesters smashed a lobby window and the police retreated into the building and formed a shield wall. That was when that poor CNN reporter was way over his head and freaking out covering it.

5 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

RE: CNN, my understanding is that there is a police precinct in the basement of the CNN tower, and the Atlanta PD basically set up the "battle line" right in front of the building. Protesters smashed a lobby window and the police retreated into the building and formed a shield wall. That was when that poor CNN reporter was way over his head and freaking out covering it.

They didn’t show him, but he was definitely crying and in fear. 

53 minutes ago, djmich said:

Yes, and this is a good example of why everyone hates each other.  Create a straw man and imply that a bunch of people that don’t agree with everything you say are guilty of said straw man and must defend it.

It’s rampant in this forum.

I don’t hate anybody here. And it’s not a straw man. I was trying to explain that poll after poll, study after study says that the vast majority of African Americans don’t believe that Republicans are on their side with regard to police issues, and that’s a big part of the reason they vote Democrat. I didn’t accuse anyone of anything. 

4 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Per journalist Twitter on scene, the lady who was pushed is now in the ER having suffered a seizure.

Jesus...yeah that kind of shove into concrete kills people. Especially if you’re not expecting it.

1 hour ago, squistion said:

The CNN network has never promoted these riots as noble and just. 

Last 5 minutes, Lemon and the dude on the scene essentially held up a "Che" poster in honor of these protestors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Why were they chanting F CNN?

Just now, tonydead said:

Why were they chanting F CNN?

Not sure, hadn't heard that myself but I wouldn't doubt it happened. Hatred of corporate media isn't solely a right wing thing. Among the protesters up here there's a lot more respect for independent outlets than (for example) the MSNBC Ari guy who's trying to report on the ground in the same areas as Unicorn Riot. Ari keeps getting interrupted by people jumping in front of the camera it seems like.

3 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Not sure, hadn't heard that myself but I wouldn't doubt it happened. Hatred of corporate media isn't solely a right wing thing. Among the protesters up here there's a lot more respect for independent outlets than (for example) the MSNBC Ari guy who's trying to report on the ground in the same areas as Unicorn Riot. Ari keeps getting interrupted by people jumping in front of the camera it seems like.

Ok. You made it sound like it wasn't a CNN thing even though they had the whole CNN logo tagged and were shooting F them.  

• Thanks 1