Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Another killing at the hands of the Police


In The Zone

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I'm a born & raised Minnesotan. There's really two Minnesota's - Metro area and out-state with the former dominating politics since I can remember (and let's be honest, way before that).

Since 1979 there has been 20 years of republican governors, 17 years of DFL governors, and 4 years of WWF governors

But yes, the state legislature has been overwhelmingly democrat, as has city politics

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, the moops said:

Since 1979 there has been 20 years of republican governors, 17 years of DFL governors, and 4 years of WWF governors

But yes, the state legislature has been overwhelmingly democrat, as has city politics

Can we all agree the Hogan years were the best? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, the moops said:

Since 1979 there has been 20 years of republican governors, 17 years of DFL governors, and 4 years of WWF governors

But yes, the state legislature has been overwhelmingly democrat, as has city politics

Yeah, I should have stuck with the local level angle. Minneapolis city council is 12-1 in favor of DFL with the 1 being a Greenie.

As far as I can tell, Hennepin County commissioners are all DFL except for, kind of surprisingly, Jeff Johnson (Republican candidate for governor).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tweet from the Minnesota Department of Public Safety: "350 troopers and officers are on the ground near the Fifth Precinct in Minneapolis to clear the area and enforce the curfew."

Okay, we're getting somewhere.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Yeah, I should have stuck with the local level angle. Minneapolis city council is 12-1 in favor of DFL with the 1 being a Greenie.

As far as I can tell, Hennepin County commissioners are all DFL except for, kind of surprisingly, Jeff Johnson (Republican candidate for governor).

I’m not sure what this has to do with anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

This has everything to do with governance. I would think that's self-evident.

Let's imagine a world where the governor and mayor and city council are republicans.

Is George Floyd still dead?

Are the police officers arrested?

Are there still riots?

I don't have any answers Andy, and I am skeptical that anyone does. You seem to be arguing that DFL is bad, and republican leadership would have stopped all this and we would be in some sort of utopia

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Law & Order, Nixon redivivus. 

Exactly!! This is an absolute nightmare for Dems at this point. You have a President who has bungled a pandemic and makes gaffe after gaffe and now he gets this absolute gift dropped into his lap. 

God/Alah/Zeus hates the Democrats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, the moops said:

Let's imagine a world where the governor and mayor and city council are republicans.

Is George Floyd still dead?

Are the police officers arrested?

Are there still riots?

I don't have any answers Andy, and I am skeptical that anyone does. You seem to be arguing that DFL is bad, and republican leadership would have stopped all this and we would be in some sort of utopia

I don’t know that anything changes, but tonight, the mayor and governor did a terrible job. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Courtjester said:

Exactly!! This is an absolute nightmare for Dems at this point. You have a President who has bungled a pandemic and makes gaffe after gaffe and now he gets this absolute gift dropped into his lap. 

Huh, even Nixon never saw tear gas at the White House.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

What’s the O/U on the Minneapolis Mayor resigning/forced out, Sunday 12pm? What a complete clown my god.

Was coming here to post this, this is outrageous why would this guy want to lead?

This whole thing is gonna play like a commercial for trump, how do you abandon your city? 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Huh, even Nixon never saw tear gas at the White House.

Come on SID, a few hundred people outside the White House isn't earth shaking and is far outweighed by the images of people carrying cases of liquor and the looting of an Autozone. This is opportunism and has nothing to do with Floyd. This plays right into Trump's hands

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, the moops said:

Let's imagine a world where the governor and mayor and city council are republicans.

Is George Floyd still dead?

Are the police officers arrested?

Are there still riots?

I don't have any answers Andy, and I am skeptical that anyone does. You seem to be arguing that DFL is bad, and republican leadership would have stopped all this and we would be in some sort of utopia

I'm not implying that either. I wouldn't like that either as a lot of the people on "my team" drive me just as crazy.

I am saying that Minnesota politics is under the near complete authority of one worldview. And that is clearly not operating to specifications. 

How things are here is more due to who's in charge here than what some dope in the White House tweets about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Smack Tripper said:

Was coming here to post this, this is outrageous why would this guy want to lead?

This whole thing is gonna play like a commercial for trump, how do you abandon your city? 

Netflix marathon, a good book, fly fishing.....lots of things to keep you busy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

Uhhhh...what's this now?

 The Pentagon has taken the rare step of putting military police on alert to come to Minneapolis, the Associated Press. Mayor Frey tweeted that more resources are being sent downtown. 

Basically if you can’t handle your business, we’ll handle it for you. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think I can do this for another night, so I'm gonna check out for a bit. Sad to see the fires continue as it got later. Downtown protest and the initial protests on Lake were peaceful and the #######s breaking stuff won out again. Hope that loss of life is low or non-existent by the morning.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

Exactly!! This is an absolute nightmare for Dems at this point. You have a President who has bungled a pandemic and makes gaffe after gaffe and now he gets this absolute gift dropped into his lap. 

God/Alah/Zeus hates the Democrats.

Really? Trump closed off travel into our country as early as one could expect with China and WHO covering up the virus.

in regards to g-20 only Italy and Australia preceded the United States in imposing travel restrictions — though they were announced the same day 

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mcintyre1 said:

I don't think I can do this for another night, so I'm gonna check out for a bit. Sad to see the fires continue as it got later. Downtown protest and the initial protests on Lake were peaceful and the #######s breaking stuff won out again. Hope that loss of life is low or non-existent by the morning.

Don't let it get you too down. I still believe the overwhelming (and I mean overwhelming)  number of people in our country think cops killing people is a bad thing, stealing is bad, and just want their neighbors to be safe even if they may disagree politically, economically, and spiritually.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Smack Tripper said:

Where is the handwringing reserved for the lake of the ozarks kids?  

What is this Covid you speak of? 

We have this shiny new thing to focus on? 

I want to be clear--I mean as far as the media interest on.

Edited by Courtjester
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep went and got drunk at the neighbors fire the last 5 hours to check out.   Pretty much exactly my worse thoughts when I turned on the tv.   So sad for the twin cities, love that place.  Burned down a police station last night and this is the answer the next night. And this will go on for days, Just putting the nail in the coffin for all those struggling businesses, unbelievable.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crazy that the Cop that killed him and Floyd worked together as security at the same club

ETA: Not 20 years ago, in the past year

Edited by Penguin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...