Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Another killing at the hands of the Police

In The Zone

15 minutes ago, Kal El said:

2020 has proven to be an awful year, and it's not even halfway over. 

Nearly went to war with Iran

Impeachment trial

Global pandemic

Air Force says oh yeah by the way UFOs are a real thing

Economic collapse

Nationwide rioting

All of these things happened in five months.

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, giantcookie said:

Why give them a platform to spread their propaganda without any objective criticism to counter it?  Its a fluff piece

Some fluff piece and hardly a flattering platform for Antifa:

He was rounded up with more than 200 other people and charged with a felony for inciting a riot. He has said he didn't engage in any violence and has pleaded not guilty. A federal indictment charges individuals in the group with starting fires, property destruction and physical violence that erupted on the streets as the 45th President of the United States took his oath of office.

[...]

Earlier this year, Antifa activists were among those who smashed windows and set fires during protests at the University of California, Berkeley, leading to the cancellation of far-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and withdrawal of Ann Coulter as speakers.

And Antifa was in the news, they were discussed in several threads in this forum - I can remember links to right wing sites about them. Antifa was unknown to many people at the time, who had never heard of these anarchists (including myself). This was an informational article about the group and it was not CNN's place to editorialize about them in it.

Edited by squistion

5 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Nearly went to war with Iran

Impeachment trial

Global pandemic

Air Force says oh yeah by the way UFOs are a real thing

Economic collapse

Nationwide rioting

All of these things happened in five months.

The UFO thing barely registered as a blip, that's how rough it's been.

43 minutes ago, top dog said:

Whatever is in those red cans, get a fire hose and tanker of it. let these rioters have it. I see some civilized protesters tried to stand in front of the cops but way outnumbered.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Whatever is in those red cans, get a fire hose and tanker of it. let these rioters have it. I see some civilized protesters tried to stand in front of the cops but way outnumbered.

Still getting a little scrappy down there..

http://facebook.com/News5Cleveland/videos/278472853297345/

https://www.facebook.com/Cleveland19News/videos/584694412174272/UzpfSTEyNzgwNTUxMzc6Vks6MTMyNzcyNDg0NDEwNTQ2OQ/

Edited by top dog

3 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I apologize in advance because I’m uninformed guy here - what’s the story with the events surrounding the death? I know Flyd was wanted for passing a $20 counterfeit bill. Did he struggle or fight at all during the course of the arrest? Was he arrested on the spot where he tried to pass the bill or was he tracked down later? Frankly the video and the aftermath have been so disturbing I’ve largely avoided the details of it. Anyway, TIA.

As best I understand it, Floyd left the Cup Foods store, crossed the street, and got in his vehicle, but didn’t drive away. Store employees called the police to report the forgery and that Floyd was still in his vehicle. Police went into the store, spoke with store employees, then crossed the street and got Floyd out of his vehicle and handcuffed him. Small resistance from Floyd in getting out of the vehicle, but not much. An officer sat Floyd on the sidewalk and spoke with him before leading him back across the street and in front of the Cup Foods store where a police car was parked. No struggle. Floyd then fell down on the sidewalk on the driver side of the police car, seemingly falling on his own. Police got him back up. At this point two more police cars arrive within a short time of one another, the last with Chauvin and Thao. Police, including Chauvin and Thao, lead Floyd to the passenger side of the vehicle and have trouble getting him in the car for a minute or so. Video footage of this is partially blocked and from what I’ve seen, and it’s not clear how much of a struggle occurred or what caused Floyd to fall again. Chauvin then pins Floyd to the ground with a knee to his neck with two other officers holding down his body and legs. Floyd dies after begging officers to let him breathe and while bystanders plead with officers to let him up

• Thanks 1

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1266856025191256064

Until people start forming beliefs based on evidence rather than the narrative that's most comforting, our discourse will continue to be toxic trash.

(Also, as long as media outlets employ people with a documented history of fabrication & fabulism, the media will be unreliable):

this was in response to mayor carter saying every person arrested last night during the protests was from out of state,  but the jail records show most arrested in minneapolis riots are minnesotans

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

They're already sowing the seeds for it with the underlying conditions stuff. I won't be surprised.

Doesn't matter. The foot was held on the neck too long. He could have had a heart attack first minute, the foot didn't budge.

2 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1266835768737181699

Notice that nearly everyone getting violent in this video is white.

I am so confused by this and I have to admit I haven't been following this closely and was barely paying attention. But if these white people are seriously protesting on behalf of the black community, how could they not know that destroying police cars is worse for that community than just staying the hell home. 

2 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

Oh yeah, just let them continue to destroy businesses & permanently injure people. Got it.

If the cops did their job right, Floyd would likely be alive and there would be no reason for protests, and subsequently no reason for looters who use the confusion to sow discord. But sure, let's use deadly force on a crowd of likely unarmed civilians, that'll be sure to work. No possible way for that to backfire and cause even more problems, no sir!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

As I watch the rioters- not the protesters per se but the ones causing actual trouble and either threatening or engaging in violence, my conclusions are: 

1. Some are white. 
2. Some are black. 
3. Some are extreme left.  
4. Some are extreme right. 
5. Some are protestors who are simply pissed off and expressing emotion. 
6. Some are organized agitators. 
7. Some are local to their communities. 
8. Some are from out of town. 

I don’t think it’s wise to put them all in one particular grouping and it’s ESPECIALLY unwise to paint them as heroes or villains. If I had to guess the majority of those we’re watching are ordinary people caught up in the moment. 

21 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

2 Pittsburgh police vehicles burned, cameraman attacked. They need to start using deadly force on these morons. This happened in Minnesota not Pittsburgh but just another reason for thugs to thug. 90% of these trash bags probably have no idea why they're rioting either. 

They should probably try a peaceful protest like kneeling before football games. I’m sure that’ll be heard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

The Minnesota Governor really called Antifa “white supremacists?” 

No, he’s asserting it was someone else.

Could be anyone.  But destroying $hit seems very Antifa.

If it was a hate group with a bunch of angry black people/persons of color—seems like they wouldn’t have targeted buildings.

Whoever it is, it’s awful, and they should be in jail.

• Like 2