What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (10 Viewers)

Friendly reminder. 5 million assault rifles in America, very few held by any of these "protesting" anarchists. The government better get this under control quickly.  
After I posted this I pondered the demographics of this, and maybe I'm wrong.  Large cities heavily democratic, this just might be a case of the left eating their own. The government might be their only hope. 

Rochester NY and the surrounding county on an 8 PM curfew. Rochester had a couple bad riots back in the 60s. Some light damage today.

I wonder if there's any China money involved. Xi Jinping has to love what's going on. Dropping HK issues below the fold for international papers. Causing the USA to look tremendously hypocritical after the Friday presser.

Between Covid and the HK kerfluffle, the protesting-looting couldn't have come at a worse time. Ironically, I don't think there's been a better time to be black in America.

MPD really not helping their image with the handling of press tonight during the crackdown. Press are explicitly exempt from the curfew order, btw.

Journalist was sheltering at a gas station with other press. MPD rolls in, man yells back that he's press as they aim at him, MPD officer yells back "I don't care" and orders them all down on the ground and they comply. As the journalist is held on the ground, another MPD officer comes up and maces him in the face.

They also shot a WCCO reporter with a marker round/rubber bullet and arrested him earlier in the evening.

MPD really not helping their image with the handling of press tonight during the crackdown. Press are explicitly exempt from the curfew order, btw.

Journalist was sheltering at a gas station with other press. MPD rolls in, man yells back that he's press as they aim at him, MPD officer yells back "I don't care" and orders them all down on the ground and they comply. As the journalist is held on the ground, another MPD officer comes up and maces him in the face.

They also shot a WCCO reporter with a marker round/rubber bullet and arrested him earlier in the evening.
Right. I think we ought to concentrate on the couple of bystanders that got hit by friendly fire with rubber bullets. They are the real victims in all of this. 

Last edited by a moderator:

This is terrible obviously, but in the "fog of war" how are the police supposed to know? I am thinking the press should probably have vests issued like the big red cross for medical or something that identifies them, so the police can know who is who. I mean let's be honest, I am blogger and out in this--I am not press, I am just a guy with an iphone. 

edit--your last post clarifies things--I stand corrected.

Like the pandemic, tonight appears to be something new. I don’t think even in the 60s did we have so many riots break out at once on the same night. They were mostly scattered- Newark for a few weeks, then Detroit, etc. The night after Martin Luther King was killed there were various cities that were in flames, but I don’t think it was anything like this. 

Like the pandemic, tonight appears to be something new. I don’t think even in the 60s did we have so many riots break out at once on the same night. They were mostly scattered- Newark for a few weeks, then Detroit, etc. The night after Martin Luther King was killed there were various cities that were in flames, but I don’t think it was anything like this. 

Well, we do live in the era of instant information.

Because this is the "me" generation---I want to get this on Tic Toc so I can get hits.......

The one thing the police, protesters and rioters all seems to share is a contempt for the media that at times borders on hatred. It’s one of the most disturbing aspects of this IMO. 

Strangely, I have found myself agreeing with Fox News a few times today. Particularly, the whole epidemic thing seems to have taken a backseat. I know that this is about more than one person and is a societal thing. But it seems like we forgot about what has caused 100k deaths in the country when we have something better to worry about. Particularly, we can't get together in groups more than a handful for normal course of business but for protesting and looting, we don't seem to care about social distancing. It does seem like hypocritical. 

The one thing the police, protesters and rioters all seems to share is a contempt for the media that at times borders on hatred. It’s one of the most disturbing aspects of this IMO. 
I don;t know how some of them haven't been killed. The video of the Fox crew last night trying to get out of the middle of that one riot was terrifying. They were carrying the one reporter and people were hitting them with objects from behind.....

The CNN reporter tonight was reporting on a fire and was getting shoved around like crazy. 

It might be the only good thing that comes of this. Besides normal people's contempt for extreme leftists. 

Strangely, I have found myself agreeing with Fox News a few times today. Particularly, the whole epidemic thing seems to have taken a backseat. I know that this is about more than one person and is a societal thing. But it seems like we forgot about what has caused 100k deaths in the country when we have something better to worry about. Particularly, we can't get together in groups more than a handful for normal course of business but for protesting and looting, we don't seem to care about social distancing. It does seem like a hypocrisy. 
I wonder if it isn’t related. I know a lot of times riots in the past have been blamed on the heat of summer. In this case people have been cooped up in their homes for the last few months and I think that has spurred some of them on. 
But the virus hasn’t gone away. And if people get sick as a result of tonight it will be worse than before. 

It might be the only good thing that comes of this. Besides normal people's contempt for extreme leftists. 
I don’t think it’s good. I think it’s terrible and I think it’s terrible that you think it’s good. 
As for your use of “extreme leftists” rather than just “extremists”, it’s really pathetic that you and others insist on keeping score. 

I don;t know how some of them haven't been killed. The video of the Fox crew last night trying to get out of the middle of that one riot was terrifying. They were carrying the one reporter and people were hitting them with objects from behind.....

The CNN reporter tonight was reporting on a fire and was getting shoved around like crazy. 
Was saying how brave the news lady was on the local channel tonight. Pretty tense when the "protesters" were shoving their middle fingers into the camera. I imagined a very large guy holding the camera for some reason. 

I don’t think it’s good. I think it’s terrible and I think it’s terrible that you think it’s good. 
As for your use of “extreme leftists” rather than just “extremists”, it’s really pathetic that you and others insist on keeping score. 
ACAB.  F 12.  There arent two teams playing in this. It's pretty sad for those pretending there are. 

I get it. Fundamentalist Mormons arent really Mormons anymore. But you have to call them what they are. 

I wonder if it isn’t related. I know a lot of times riots in the past have been blamed on the heat of summer. In this case people have been cooped up in their homes for the last few months and I think that has spurred some of them on. 
But the virus hasn’t gone away. And if people get sick as a result of tonight it will be worse than before. 
Oh yeah, no doubt that probably contributed. I’m sure a lot of folks took some frustration or anger out from the pandemic through this. I know some scoffed at the guy on CNN and he probably used some extreme language but I’m sure some of it is people feeling economically disenfranchised. I probably simplify things too much to economic opportunities but on the whole, like to think people wouldn’t behave this way if they had better options. 

But just as I find it sick that Fox News is pretty much giddy, going around the country looking for fires. CNN seemed just as giddy to find places that reopened and had spikes of coronavirus. I haven’t watched CNN all weekend, but as one person on Fox said, it is telling that we arrested church leaders or small business owners over the past few weeks for breaking lockdown but just let this stuff happen. I’m not religious nor a small business owner but it would seem to show hypocrisy when it comes to handling coronavirus. 

Now Santa Ana (in Orange County) has gotten violent. Looting and burning and police attacked: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocregister.com/2020/05/30/protesters-in-santa-ana-throw-fireworks-and-explosives-at-police-officers-declare-an-unlawful-assembly/amp/

Very few blacks live there; it’s largely Hispanic. 
Looking at the (then) peaceful crowds earlier in the day on Fairfax, they were young people (mostly under 35) predominantly white, or white and Hispanic, and not as many blacks as I would have expected.

President Trump calling out the failed Democrat leaders in this country in real time is amazing foresight. It’s basically free advertising in November.
As someone said earlier, people are just going to go back to their corners. 

Not exactly like Trump is a bastion of leadership or unity and it should in theory start at the top. Each side is just going to point the finger though. 

As someone said earlier, people are just going to go back to their corners. 

Not exactly like Trump is a bastion of leadership or unity and it should in theory start at the top. Each side is just going to point the finger though. 
Have you thought about which cities this is happening in and if they are red or blue states?  

ACAB.  F 12.  There arent two teams playing in this. It's pretty sad for those pretending there are. 

I get it. Fundamentalist Mormons arent really Mormons anymore. But you have to call them what they are. 
Either you’re drunk or acting incredibly dense. You think that just because they are spray painting those messages that they couldn’t possibly be right-wing protesters pretending to be left-wing to make them look worse? There are several reports stating that it is outside actors from both extremes trying to exploit this situation, cause chaos and discredit the message of the peaceful protests.

It’s quite ridiculous that you think that it couldn’t be right-wing extremists just because they are spray painting F 12 and ACAB.

As far as I’m concerned, the protests that happen during the day and the riots at night are two completely separate entities. There are bad actors that cross between the groups but for the most part they don’t want any part of the other. Rioters care little about the peaceful protests and vise versa.

Unicorn. j/k

It's like the black person who told the reporter "please tell them that all the black people arent looting"  think about that for a second. 

Seriously though. 20 people just standing there with their phones out hoping something happens.  That should be the bigger story here. 
that’s the last post I’ll ever read from you.  Cheers.

No, not typically. But it’s not typically illegal to be outside past 8pm.  Tonight, it is.  That said, seems a bit over the top in terms of aggressiveness.
Did the curfew order specify that you couldn't be outside or that you couldn't be in a public place?  They are on private property.  LEO continuing to reinforce the stereotype.  Repeatedly.

Users who are viewing this thread