Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Another killing at the hands of the Police


In The Zone

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

Imagine seeing this looting, rioting and violence for an entire week and not having enough. 

Imagine seeing yet another man die in police custody and not being outraged.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kal El said:

Or we can continue protesting police brutality for as long as we have to. Trump has abdicated his leadership role when he threatened the American people's right to peaceably assemble. 

:lmao:  Peacefully.  You don't have a television do you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Some of you people live on a bizarre planet if you think that speech was anything controversial. Jeez.

 

Nope...turbo g the military on your own population is controversial.  The only place it’s not is with Republicans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The caught a group people in Detroit with 2 way radios loaded with boxes of spikes, glass bottles full of ammonia, high powered fireworks, bottles of gas, and lots of cash on them.   None of them lived in Detroit or were from Michigan.  Who is paying these people?

Edited by Da Guru
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's like some people have never heard the term "police state" before.

It's illegal to use the military to police American soil by the way. For good reason.

(not that silly things like laws have ever stopped Trump before, or have kept people from cheering when he breaks them)

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jobarules said:

You misspelled rioters.

What exactly were these rioters doing? Not really anything to loot at the WH? So dumbest looters in history if that is what they were coming for?

Listen, I'm for putting a curfew in place but that wasn't about enforcing a curfew, that was about a ####### photo-op. That's pretty pathetic and completely political. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 times a President called on the military domestically...

1957-58 = Desegregation of Little Rock schools

1962 = Integration of University of Mississippi

1963 = Integration of University of Alabama

1963 = Integration of Alabama schools

1965 = Selma, Montgomery civil right march

1967 = Detroit Riots

1968 = Chicago Riots (following MLK assassination)

1968 = Washington Riots (following MLK assassination)

1968 = Baltimore Riots (following MLK assassination)

1970 = New York City postal strike

1989 = Looting after hurricane Hugo

1992 = Riots after Rodney King verdict

2020 = The year Trump tries to become Dictator of America

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sporthenry said:

What exactly were these rioters doing? Not really anything to loot at the WH? So dumbest looters in history if that is what they were coming for?

Listen, I'm for putting a curfew in place but that wasn't about enforcing a curfew, that was about a ####### photo-op. That's pretty pathetic and completely political. 

I have no clue what you're talking about

Im just talking about his speech

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

:lmao:  Peacefully.  You don't have a television do you.

I was quoting the Constitution, which uses the word "peaceably." You know that document, right? The one that Trump is trying to run through the shredder again?

What's so dangerous about people kneeling or standing on their balconies that apparently requires police to fire rubber bullets at them?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have a mass amount of people descending upon the White House. You have a dangerous element in the crowd that has shown a terrorist agenda. It's about to get dark. What do you expect is going to happen. Maybe Trump can order the protestors PIZZA and Kool- Aid and we all can sing along. Wake up.

Edited by GROOT
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stuart_Little said:

It's like some people have never heard the term "police state" before.

It's illegal to use the military to police American soil by the way. For good reason.

(not that silly things like laws have ever stopped Trump before, or have kept people from cheering when he breaks them)

:lmao:  How many aliases do you have?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I was quoting the Constitution, which uses the word "peaceably." You know that document, right? The one that Trump is trying to run through the shredder again?

What's so dangerous about people kneeling or standing on their balconies that apparently requires police to fire rubber bullets at them?

Nothing

Are you ignoring all the destruction?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Their stated reason, for Woz's benefit, is that officers are prohibited by the SPD Police Manual from filming lawful demonstrations.

I'll just leave that right there.

Thanks. That at least proffers some semblance of a reason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Nothing

Are you ignoring all the destruction?

All that destruction and the stock market went up. Couldn't have been that bad.

ETA: Stock futures actually fell while Trump was talking. Not huge but market didn't like it.

Edited by sporthenry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rich Conway said:

Anyone have a link to a transcript?

I would recommend watching it on cnn.  Wait for a clip to come on YouTube.  The transcript isn’t quite as impactful as watching him deliver it with the SS, I mean police, shoving citizens in a box in the corner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Widbil83 said:

Incredibly powerful moment with President Trump walking across the street to pay respects to the church the mob almost destroyed. 

You think this pandering is powerful?   Trump holding up a bible in front of a church he never attends should offend every person of faith in the country.  

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

If you don’t think tonight was going to be gross with or without Trump speaking tonight, I don’t know what to tell you

Things had calmed down in a number of cities last night compared to the prior two. I’m guessing things may spike back up tonight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, -fish- said:

You think this pandering is powerful?   Trump holding up a bible in front of a church he never attends should offend every person of faith in the country.  

Yes, he’s seeing the carnage first hand. This is incredibly powerful.

  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

:lmao:  How many aliases do you have?

I've posted in this thread since the beginning. Telling that this is now a pressing question.

 

3 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

If you don’t think tonight was going to be gross with or without Trump speaking tonight, I don’t know what to tell you

Forget rioting. He's fomenting civil war.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

We are in an extremely dangerous moment and we don't have a leader we can trust.  I can't see this ending well, going to get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

Legitimately concerned how much worse its going to get.

No.  We've peaked.  From here it's a week of cleanup on the streets and back to work.  Much better days ahead brother.  Chin up!

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, shader said:

I would recommend watching it on cnn.  Wait for a clip to come on YouTube.  The transcript isn’t quite as impactful as watching him deliver it with the SS, I mean police, shoving citizens in a box in the corner.

Couldn't find a CNN clip, but I watched it.  That was not the message we needed.  Of course, it never is with him.

I notice he didn't actually lay out a single new idea, just repeated the "weak governors need to dominate or I'll do it for them" garbage.  Basically a "worst of Trump's tweets" compilation speech.

Edited by Rich Conway
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...