What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (9 Viewers)

What if i told you school segregation didn’t end until 4 years ago?

I’ll also place this here for starters:  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/21/opinion/long-island-real-estate-discrimination.html

yes i know we have been through this but hell I’ll try again. 
What if I told you that black people are asking to be segregated?

I'll place this here for starters: https://reason.com/2020/08/24/black-nyu-students-segregated-housing-race/

Separate but equal is coming back - this time at the behest of black people, not white.  So if there is any systemic racism going on, it appears to be coming from them.

As per your link:  Yes, that's bad.  We got some bad individuals.  Let's go after them to make sure they don't discriminate anymore.  Just like we should go after anyone that wants to discriminate on race - including minorities.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if I told you that black people are asking to be segregated?

I'll place this here for starters: https://reason.com/2020/08/24/black-nyu-students-segregated-housing-race/

Separate but equal is coming back - this time at the behest of black people, not white.  So if there is any systemic racism going on, it appears to be coming from them.

As per your link:  Yes, that's bad.  We got some bad individuals.  Let's go after them to make sure they don't discriminate anymore.  Just like we should go after anyone that wants to discriminate on race - including minorities.
Its not some bad individuals.  Its systemic.  Rooted in bias.  Agents, lenders, trainers, all over the country.  Another study from HUD..  

https://archives.hud.gov/news/2013/pr13-091.cfm

Also, you admitted there was systemic racism.  Even if we assume it magically disappeared in the 60s.  Do you think it fixes all problems in 1 generation?  Hell, as i pointed out school segregation didnt even fully end until 4 years ago.  And if we go back to housing and real estate, how much wealth was amassed during that time?  Here's an example: https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/us/bruces-beach-los-angeles-county-black-family/index.html  

Oh and a few kids in a school making an outlandish request is not segregation coming back. lol

Legitimately by who? A bunch of lemmings who have no regard for facts? A bunch of soft crybabies who never experienced strife in their life cried like babies when the bad orange man said words?

LOL. 
Just about any objective measure of things?  Do you honestly think he did not push divisive rhetoric more than any before him?  I mean really be honest and think about that.

But yes...name call and say its others who have no regard for facts...that is laughable.  Calling people crybabies and soft.  Ignorance about what strife others have gone through...and to this day its still the right who brings up the words "bad orange man" more than anyone else.

So what really was the point of such a post?

Its not some bad individuals.  Its systemic.  Rooted in bias.  Agents, lenders, trainers, all over the country.  Another study from HUD..  

Also, you admitted there was systemic racism.  Even if we assume it magically disappeared in the 60s.  Do you think it fixes all problems in 1 generation?  Hell, as i pointed out school segregation didnt even fully end until 4 years ago.  And if we go back to housing and real estate, how much wealth was amassed during that time?  Here's an example: https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/us/bruces-beach-los-angeles-county-black-family/index.html  

Oh and a few kids in a school making an outlandish request is not segregation coming back. lol
That's just one example. There's plenty more.

And it's been about three generations, not one.  I don't believe it's systemic racism I believe it's just a few bad actors and the assumption is that it's systemic.

I cant find anything about school segregation only ending 4 years ago.

I find some things about "school segregation" in a roundabout sense. Like how some schools are mostly segregated because the district they are in is disproportionately black, so it is de facto segregation. 

Just about any objective measure of things?  Do you honestly think he did not push divisive rhetoric more than any before him?  I mean really be honest and think about that.

But yes...name call and say its others who have no regard for facts...that is laughable.  Calling people crybabies and soft.  Ignorance about what strife others have gone through...and to this day its still the right who brings up the words "bad orange man" more than anyone else.

So what really was the point of such a post?
I think he did everyone a disservice by trolling everyone on twitter. I think he could have been more presidential, sure. Could he have been more tactful in his delivery, sure. 

The division was and and still being pushed by the left with flat out lies, propaganda, and hyperbole. You guys have literally sabotaged the country simply to get a non conforming person out of office. You have justified lawlessness and rioting under the guise of protests. 

I called liberals crybabies' because that's exactly what they are. Literally as in the literally meaning of the word, not the new hyperbolic version. 

There isn't enough bandwidth to list all the hypocrisy and lies spewed by the left. (Now YOURE using the term "Fake News"!!!!! )

So I challenge you....You like to say things like "Trump is legitimately worse". Or "By any objective measure". Elaborate. Tell me something that you think Trump did wrong with facts, not emotions. MISS me with he was a bad man because he said things you didn't like.

Give me an actual example other than your feelings. I will refute it or concede you are correct. 

I think he did everyone a disservice by trolling everyone on twitter. I think he could have been more presidential, sure. Could he have been more tactful in his delivery, sure. 

The division was and and still being pushed by the left with flat out lies, propaganda, and hyperbole. You guys have literally sabotaged the country simply to get a non conforming person out of office. You have justified lawlessness and rioting under the guise of protests. 

I called liberals crybabies' because that's exactly what they are. Literally as in the literally meaning of the word, not the new hyperbolic version. 

There isn't enough bandwidth to list all the hypocrisy and lies spewed by the left. (Now YOURE using the term "Fake News"!!!!! )

So I challenge you....You like to say things like "Trump is legitimately worse". Or "By any objective measure". Elaborate. Tell me something that you think Trump did wrong with facts, not emotions. MISS me with he was a bad man because he said things you didn't like.

Give me an actual example other than your feelings. I will refute it or concede you are correct. 
This post is all emotion. Ironically.  

LINK

I think this is what he referred to before.  
This.  Point being.  Just because formal laws ended discrimination, doesnt mean the problems were solved and no longer exist.  Just likely slavery didnt end right away.  It just happened in a different form(i.e. sharecropping).  These lingering effects, the bias, this is the systemic racism that people mention.  Its not overt.  There isnt a law that says black people are to be convicted at higher rates for the same crimes.  But they are.  There is no law saying dont show black people homes or steer them to other towns and neighborhoods, but it happens ALOT.  Unless we are open to looking into the the reasons why we cant fix these problems.  And fixing these problems are beneficial for everyone!  I think we all want to get past this part of history but ignoring the problem doesnt make it go away as much as many want it to.  In fact it makes it worse and more difficult to solve as time passes.  We just want equity.  A fair shake.  Hell, i just want some of these kids to see a glimmer of hope.  Its why i mentor.  Things have improved i wont deny that.  I remember my mother crying when Obama was elected.  But at a snails pace.  It was truly something she never thought she would see. But that is still an exception of sorts.  In the meantime the education and wealth gaps widen.  Relations get worse.  Hopefully at some point people want to truly fix these issues.

/Rant.  Enjoy your day everyone.

LINK

I think this is what he referred to before.  
That is pretty amazing when you think about it.  Down in the SE is just a whole different culture and way of life.  Not saying it’s for the better either.  I was going to post this link, forgot about it.  Heck, I remember when Alabama didn’t allow black players until Sam Cunningham ran all over them.  

He quite literally pushed the division to the point his supporters stormed the Capitol to disrupt the certification of the election including chanting to hang his own Vice President.  Anyone opposed to him were enemies.  He lied more than any before him.

To state its the left pushing the division (and mentioning nothing about the right) and act as if they are the only hypocrites is laughable.

Sabotaged the country?  Us guys?  Come on that is ridiculous and you know it.

I have justified no riots or lawlessness (check the January 6thread though where some on the right have dine just that.

Refute or concede...I doubt it...just more of the same hyperbole, emotions and outright false assertions.

He quite literally pushed the division to the point his supporters stormed the Capitol to disrupt the certification of the election including chanting to hang his own Vice President.  Anyone opposed to him were enemies.  He lied more than any before him.

To state its the left pushing the division (and mentioning nothing about the right) and act as if they are the only hypocrites is laughable.

Sabotaged the country?  Us guys?  Come on that is ridiculous and you know it.

I have justified no riots or lawlessness (check the January 6thread though where some on the right have dine just that.

Refute or concede...I doubt it...just more of the same hyperbole, emotions and outright false assertions.
You still haven’t given any facts to argue or concede. 

ON THE CAPITAL-

While I believe the OmG RiAD on TeH CaPiTAL OMGers!!!! was nothing more than a few misguided morons -(who may or may not have been egged on by extremist left wingers) the left is doing the equivalent of an patented Lebron James flop in their reaction. This is what you guys do. 

With that said- I would have no issue- and would have preferred that ever person who entered the capital been shot dead on the spot. It was beyond stupid. 

I can also just state my option but we won’t get anywhere- I would argue that the left did just as much to exacerbate the division in this country. You have put a wedge between blacks and whites by lying about everything and spinning the narrative at every turn. You cannot win a mental or physical altercation so you to do the Lebron James pretend you’re hurt more than you are and throw your hands up in the air begging for the government to do something about it. 

See- zero facts, only my opinion. 

So again, state some facts or policy that you think Trump was poor at and we can have a civil conversation about how we each think the other is wrong.

I’m waiting. 

You still haven’t given any facts to argue or concede. 

ON THE CAPITAL-

While I believe the OmG RiAD on TeH CaPiTAL OMGers!!!! was nothing more than a few misguided morons -(who may or may not have been egged on by extremist left wingers) the left is doing the equivalent of an patented Lebron James flop in their reaction. This is what you guys do. 

With that said- I would have no issue- and would have preferred that ever person who entered the capital been shot dead on the spot. It was beyond stupid. 

I can also just state my option but we won’t get anywhere- I would argue that the left did just as much to exacerbate the division in this country. You have put a wedge between blacks and whites by lying about everything and spinning the narrative at every turn. You cannot win a mental or physical altercation so you to do the Lebron James pretend you’re hurt more than you are and throw your hands up in the air begging for the government to do something about it. 

See- zero facts, only my opinion. 

So again, state some facts or policy that you think Trump was poor at and we can have a civil conversation about how we each think the other is wrong.

I’m waiting. 
Fact...Donald Trump, while President of the United States...pushed the lies of election fraud and that the election was stolen from him and his supporters.

Fact...he urged those supporters to come to the rally on January 6th continue to promote those lies for months.

Fact...he spoke that day and urged supporters to go to the Capitol.

Which part of those are not facts...did he not do those things?  Do you think what he did and pushed had zero bearing on what happened that day?

That your response to that is "OmG RiAD on TeH CaPiTAL OMGers"  shows you don't want to talk in fact, but in opinion and emotion.

That you now claim to want to have a civil conversation after the previous name calling and now the above quote...sort of hard to take seriously.

Agree.  It’s a shame really. 

Not to diverge - but news these days is mostly “see what someone wrote on Twitter?  Isn’t that crazy?  Now let’s discuss the responses on Twitter.  Wow, that person got slammed!”
That is also a huge problem.  Even when i go on to Microsoft News or whatever and see "Twitter destroys so and so"  Really?  A bunch of bitter people sitting on the couch typing away.  Twitter is so negative to almost everything.  Really think it impacts peoples mental health and why there is so much depression in todays society.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
That is also a huge problem.  Even when i go on to Microsoft News or whatever and see "Twitter destroys so and so"  Really?  A bunch of bitter people sitting on the couch typing away.  Twitter is so negative to almost everything.  Really think it impacts peoples mental health and why there is so much depression in todays society.
I've seen a couple studies/articles that depression and suicide has risen since the mid 00s - around the time we all started walking around with smart phones and SM became a huge part of our lives, and effected teen girls even more.  IMO it makes sense - overall it either feels negative, or reality is distorted (filters for pics, we only post positive things about our lives, etc), and you basically can't get away from it  

I've seen a couple studies/articles that depression and suicide has risen since the mid 00s - around the time we all started walking around with smart phones and SM became a huge part of our lives, and effected teen girls even more.  IMO it makes sense - overall it either feels negative, or reality is distorted (filters for pics, we only post positive things about our lives, etc), and you basically can't get away from it  
You guys should read up on how it is mixing up brain signals on social/emotional awareness.  It's a gigantic experiment that is going to have huge repercussions to the future of humanity.  

• Smile
There is no doubt.  Think about it even here.  I come here for maybe 5-10 minutes a day on my break. There are a few guys on here 24-7

• Thanks
Fact...Donald Trump, while President of the United States...pushed the lies of election fraud and that the election was stolen from him and his supporters.

Fact...he urged those supporters to come to the rally on January 6th continue to promote those lies for months.

Fact...he spoke that day and urged supporters to go to the Capitol.

Which part of those are not facts...did he not do those things?  Do you think what he did and pushed had zero bearing on what happened that day?

That your response to that is "OmG RiAD on TeH CaPiTAL OMGers"  shows you don't want to talk in fact, but in opinion and emotion.

That you now claim to want to have a civil conversation after the previous name calling and now the above quote...sort of hard to take seriously.
Stop being sensitive and pretending like my words hurt you. I never directly called you a name and if you take issue with what I called the actually crybabies where there is plenty of video evidence eod- that’s a you issue. 

Stay out of your feels and let’s continue...

Your first FACT is wrong. That is your opinion of trumps opinion that there was voter fraud. I’ll address voter fraud in a minute...

Other than that, do not dispute most of what you said other than there is nothing wrong with asking people to protest the capital. I would argue that would be the best place to protest because that’s where the laws are votes on. Certainly better than ransacking local business in your community. 

He did not however instruct them to raid the capital and in fact told them that they should go home. 

You never even acknowledged my retort that those capital rioters should have been shot on site the moment their foot crossed the threshold of the capital. 

Aa far as election fraud, there is plenty of evidence of actual election fraud. Was it enough to swing the election? We will never know. 

I acknowledge that while I believe there was some election fraud - I cannot say it was significant enough to swing the election so I won’t do so. On the flip side, to say with 100% certainty that there was no voter fraud or that it was not significant to do so would be also be disingenuous and wrong. 

You guys should read up on how it is mixing up brain signals on social/emotional awareness.  It's a gigantic experiment that is going to have huge repercussions to the future of humanity.  
I can't recommend the Tristan Harris podcast enough.  They do deep dives into a bit of this stuff, and how to try to combat it. 

It is for sure something we didn't think through and probably weren't mentally equipped to deal with.  

Will be interesting to see how the Potter shooting turns out.  I just watch the bodycam footage and he was putting up quite a fight and the black cop could not handle him.   It was hectic and obvious she meant to tase him and not shoot him but not sure that will matter.

Stumbled upon this today.  Fascinating how much restraint can be shown and also that these officers did not seem to fear this suspect even after being threatened. 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/05/ohio-police-standoff-body-camera-video-white-suspect-threatens-shoot/
Ok, now let’s see those same exact officers pulling over a black person in similar circumstances. Want me to post videos of cops shooting unarmed white dudes? Cause I can. 

For the record- I would have been 100% ok with the cops shooting and killing that dude. 

Will be interesting to see how the Potter shooting turns out.  I just watch the bodycam footage and he was putting up quite a fight and the black cop could not handle him.   It was hectic and obvious she meant to tase him and not shoot him but not sure that will matter.
I can only guess It might only matter when it comes to the length of her sentencing. 

She is a moron, should and will go to jail for second degree murder. Pretty clear cut case. 

Not arguing with you but instead taking your statement about being obvious and projecting it across a jury...

To say that I don't know how it would meet the burden of proof for conviction if it is was obvious mistake made in a hectic environment no matter what other evidence prosecutors have that we don't (assuming it remained obvious).   That is assuming this is actually the relevant law.  If this was an "OR" rather than an "AND" I might see it.  That being said there was a post a day or two about all of the things she did wrong so maybe the "unreasonable risk" and "consciously takes chances" were in the prior steps :shrug:  ?   Including maybe the arrangement of her weapons :shrug:  ?    I don't think I would like to make that kind of case.  I wonder what our lawyers are saying.

609.205 MANSLAUGHTER IN THE SECOND DEGREE.

A person who causes the death of another by any of the following means is guilty of manslaughter in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than ten years or to payment of a fine of not more than $20,000, or both:

(1) by the person's culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another; or

Ok, now let’s see those same exact officers pulling over a black person in similar circumstances. Want me to post videos of cops shooting unarmed white dudes? Cause I can. 

Actually, I think we would need you to post video of cops pulling over a black guy with a loaded gun, who 

-- He refuses to put his hands on the steering wheel

-- He refuses to get out of the car

-- He puts his hand on his gun

-- He twice threatens to shoot the cop

-- He closes the car door and speeds away

And was then only charged with  improperly handling a firearm in a motor vehicle and carrying a concealed weapon.

I don't know what kind of smoking gun people think a video of a cop shooting a white guy is, but I gotta tell you, black people are quite ready to believe that cops get out of hand with other races.  

I can only guess It might only matter when it comes to the length of her sentencing. 

She is a moron, should and will go to jail for second degree murder. Pretty clear cut case. 
Would you feel the same if your wife or sister was the one involved and was crying to you that is was an accident? 

I get it a person died after the struggle but trying to have empathy for both sides here.

Actually, I think we would need you to post video of cops pulling over a black guy with a loaded gun, who 

And was then only charged with  improperly handling a firearm in a motor vehicle and carrying a concealed weapon.

I don't know what kind of smoking gun people think a video of a cop shooting a white guy is, but I gotta tell you, black people are quite ready to believe that cops get out of hand with other races.  
What if like a black man that actually shot multiple police officers was taken alive? 

Would that be like super wild or what?

I know this is par for the course and acceptable to you but - you conveniently omitted half of my post. 

For the record- I would have been 100% ok with the cops shooting and killing that dude. 

Users who are viewing this thread