What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (7 Viewers)

The CNN Headline on this says she was "holding a knife."  Which, I guess isn't "wrong."  But it diminishes the fact she was right up next to the girl she was intending to hurt with the knife.

The CNN Headline on this says she was "holding a knife."  Which, I guess isn't "wrong."  But it diminishes the fact she was right up next to the girl she was intending to hurt with the knife.
"She was holding a knife" is 100% true, but probably not the most informative way of putting it.  "She was holding a knife and about to kill another person with it right in front of a police officer who was yelling at her to stop" is a more helpful description of the situation.

"She was holding a knife" is 100% true, but probably not the most informative way of putting it.  "She was holding a knife and about to kill another person with it right in front of a police officer who was yelling at her to stop" is a more helpful description of the situation.
Once you hit that moment where you recognize it...it is amazing how deeply every single story is filtered, positioned, couched to fit an agenda.  

I think so because I don't think the goal for many of them has anything to do with helping black people or protecting black lives, more it has to do with the dissolution of our system.  These incidents are merely the vehicle for that end goal.
Well, the dissolution of the current system so THEY can seize power and money.  Just like the Bolsheviks they emulate. 

But, you're right, it has nothing to do with helping black people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea this is bad.  This has to stop because it really doesnt help.  Look i get people protesting about this.  I get being upset about a child( black child) being killed.  We have been protesting, speaking out and upset about this for a long long time regardless of whether its at the hands of police or someone else.  I think MOST people are not blaming the cop.  At least those that i know.  But obviously if you look at twitter it appears different.  Those that are against MSM(I am right there with you) you need to be very careful with the takes you see on social media.  Many of them are there to just stir things up.  

As for the incident, obviously the cop isnt at fault and it appears he saved a life.  Could it have been handled different? Im not sure.  Not that i can see unless you start training cops to shoot to injure which im not sure is a good thing.  Do any countries or precincts do this?  I'm curious to know more about the incident.  It seems odd the victim called the police and then attacked but i dont see anything that spins this as the cop at fault and i think most people know and are saying that.  But people like Bron saying this is really unacceptable and people really need to be waiting for more info.  But i do get it.  Its a sensitive time and people are on edge.  I hope things settle down. 

LeBron tweeted a new tweet and in it, he said “this isn’t about one officer.”

Your tweet of 1 specific cop was about 1 officer, dude.

Yea this is bad.  This has to stop because it really doesnt help.  Look i get people protesting about this.  I get being upset about a child( black child) being killed.  We have been protesting, speaking out and upset about this for a long long time regardless of whether its at the hands of police or someone else.  I think MOST people are not blaming the cop.  At least those that i know.  But obviously if you look at twitter it appears different.  Those that are against MSM(I am right there with you) you need to be very careful with the takes you see on social media.  Many of them are there to just stir things up.  

As for the incident, obviously the cop isnt at fault and it appears he saved a life.  Could it have been handled different? Im not sure.  Not that i can see unless you start training cops to shoot to injure which im not sure is a good thing.  Do any countries or precincts do this?  I'm curious to know more about the incident.  It seems odd the victim called the police and then attacked but i dont see anything that spins this as the cop at fault and i think most people know and are saying that.  But people like Bron saying this is really unacceptable and people really need to be waiting for more info.  But i do get it.  Its a sensitive time and people are on edge.  I hope things settle down. 
I just saw the video after the ruckus stirred up on Twitter.  I had to watch it three times because the developments happened so fast.  They get one chance to make the split-second correct decision.  

It’s been a long day, and I’m tired. Maybe I’m missing something obvious.

But why did you write this this way?
Because that is how it caused the reaction in Columbus.  A white child killed doesn't do it.   Guarantee Lebron isn't commenting on it if it were.  

There’s so much about that video that’s disturbing. Obviously the loss of the life being the primary. But like most people are saying it’s pretty clear the cop acted Appropriately under the split second circumstance time that he had. But what also needs to be addressed is the people who are screaming that she is just a kid after she’s been shot were standing there watching the fight, as a matter of fact that adult male was actually trying to kick the other girl in the head. Those adults all need to be charged in my opinion. It’s completely unacceptable that they’re going to stand around and watch kids fight, and even participate in it. Accountability needs to be taken all around in circumstances like this.

There’s so much about that video that’s disturbing. Obviously the loss of the life being the primary. But like most people are saying it’s pretty clear the cop acted Appropriately under the split second circumstance time that he had. But what also needs to be addressed is the people who are screaming that she is just a kid after she’s been shot were standing there watching the fight, as a matter of fact that adult male was actually trying to kick the other girl in the head. Those adults all need to be charged in my opinion. It’s completely unacceptable that they’re going to stand around and watch kids fight, and even participate in it. Accountability needs to be taken all around in circumstances like this.
To the bolded, there is a crazy alternate universe where things that nobody should think are acceptable...are acceptable.

I just watched the slow mo of the video...I'm actually amazed that cop acted that quick.  He legit saved the pink ladys life (I mean maybe she survives the stab/stabbing) with a split second decision.

Joe thinks so.

To the bolded, there is a crazy alternate universe where things that nobody should think are acceptable...are acceptable.

I just watched the slow mo of the video...I'm actually amazed that cop acted that quick.  He legit saved the pink ladys life (I mean maybe she survives the stab/stabbing) with a split second decision.
Agreed

And agree.  He literally pulls up and 30 seconds later he’s having to make a life or death decision.  

I have a sneaky suspicion that the girl in pink and the girl getting booted somehow started the whole thing. IDK, maybe they went after Ma'Khia or were bullying her or something. And it got out of control and Ma'Khai snapped and went after them originally in defense but turned to the aggressor when they got outside. Unfortunately, by listening to the orig 911 call and the action when the cop arrived on the scene, he was forced to act on the person using the knife. 

I'm not defending the attack, but I think it will play out very uniquely once everyone involved is interviewed. 

I have a sneaky suspicion that the girl in pink and the girl getting booted somehow started the whole thing. IDK, maybe they went after Ma'Khia or were bullying her or something. And it got out of control and Ma'Khai snapped and went after them originally in defense but turned to the aggressor when they got outside. Unfortunately, by listening to the orig 911 call and the action when the cop arrived on the scene, he was forced to act on the person using the knife. 
I'd guess you are right.  She must have snapped...sad if she was the the one that was being bullied.

Building on the alternate universe theme.  The fact that this crew continues to fight as the cop is there?  The guys with guns come (and I think there may have been some press the last year about a reputation for shooting black people) and you are still going crazy.

We talked about this yesterday...there is this weird and deadly mixture of irrational fear of police yet an amazing lack of fear at the same time (I'd be scared ####less once the cops came...its not the time to get in some last kicks or stabs).  

NBC News with deceptive edits. Omitting the "trying to stab us" part of the 911 call and stopping the video before the knife is visible. LINK
Inexcusable.  They have clear video evidence of the girl in the act of thrusting a knife into the other girl.  But they choose to show the knife on the ground.  That is not a mistake and it didn’t happen by accident.  Yet another example of obvious left wing media bias, which we see over and over and over,.  Yet there are many in here who don’t believe such bias exists.  This country has two different sets of realities operating at the same time.  There is no truth anymore.

In their defense, I don't think most news organizations know how to report the news any longer.
Dont kid yourself.  The editors who put together the Nightly News are the most highly trained people in the industry.  They know exactly what they are doing.  I can guarantee you that. 

Pinky, I have no idea how you can reconcile these two statements.
Its simple really.  You can protest to end police violence and yet not be placing blame on this specific officer.  So yes i get that.  I wouldnt personally pick this moment to be out there protesting, but i get it regardless. 

At the end of the day, another person died.  That is very sad and we need to fix this.  Whatever that solution is(we can argue about what that is for months). 

Inexcusable.  They have clear video evidence of the girl in the act of thrusting a knife into the other girl.  But they choose to show the knife on the ground.  That is not a mistake and it didn’t happen by accident.  Yet another example of obvious left wing media bias, which we see over and over and over,.  Yet there are many in here who don’t believe such bias exists.  This country has two different sets of realities operating at the same time.  There is no truth anymore.
"This is just anecdotal. A distraction."

/weallknowwho

I'm not defending the attack, but I think it will play out very uniquely once everyone involved is interviewed. 
Sure. I think that is a likely possibility based on what we know as the other way. Again for me regardless it’s still falls to the adults on the scene to be deescalating the situation. That clearly was not happening.  

NBC News with deceptive edits. Omitting the "trying to stab us" part of the 911 call and stopping the video before the knife is visible. LINK
Yep. Watched it reported on NBC Nightly after already hearing about it and seeing the video. Almost laughed out load thinking, that’s not how it happened. Unbelievable. 

The media has fully become the worst of WWE referees. They're lecturing the player outside the ropes while the offending wrestler's partner is grabbing a chair to COME OUT OF THE BOOTH AND LAY A HURTING ON THE UNDERTAKER

Sure. I think that is a likely possibility based on what we know as the other way. Again for me regardless it’s still falls to the adults on the scene to be deescalating the situation. That clearly was not happening.  
Man, 1000%.  

Edit:  I initially quoted @PinkydaPimp but I don't think I disagree with anything he actually wrote.  I think we're in agreement for the most part.

I question how much of this is preventable.  

People want utopian cops.  There's so much happening so quickly.  The first time I watched the video, I didn't even realize she had a knife/was attempting to stab the girl.  I can't imagine being in the middle of it and the guy is kicking a girl and SURPRISE here comes a girl with a knife trying to stab someone else.  This situation isn't the problem.

But you get ANOTHER dead black girl on the end of how many dead black people at the hands of police.  And we need to improve police protocols/training/action/etc to prevent these situations where we can.  

But we also don't need LeBron James and Joe Biden throwing gas on the fire everytime a situation occurs before gathering all of the facts.  THIS is driving the division.  

Edit:  I initially quoted @PinkydaPimp but I don't think I disagree with anything he actually wrote.  I think we're in agreement for the most part.

I question how much of this is preventable.  

People want utopian cops.  There's so much happening so quickly.  The first time I watched the video, I didn't even realize she had a knife/was attempting to stab the girl.  I can't imagine being in the middle of it and the guy is kicking a girl and SURPRISE here comes a girl with a knife trying to stab someone else.  This situation isn't the problem.

But you get ANOTHER dead black girl on the end of how many dead black people at the hands of police.  And we need to improve police protocols/training/action/etc to prevent these situations where we can.  

But we also don't need LeBron James and Joe Biden throwing gas on the fire everytime a situation occurs before gathering all of the facts.  THIS is driving the division.  
I agree.  And i don’t have a problem with bron of Biden being involved i actually think people like bron can be a huge part of the solution.  And bron has helped a ton.  But obviously due to having such power they absolutely have to wait for the facts.  

Same here.  I routinely get wrecked when a video game expects me to make a split second, high stakes decision, and that guy managed to pull it off in real life with real consequences like it was just another Tuesday.  He deserves a medal.  

I mean, if I encountered a situation like this in a video game, my reaction would be say "Oh ####!" and mash every button on the controller.  The end result would be me spraying a bunch of shots into the car, a couple of shots into the girl I'm trying to save, a few more shots into innocent bystanders down the block, all culminating in me accidentally throwing a grenade that ends in a suicide and sends me back to my spawn point.

When you see a news outlet lie about a story like this, or another news outlet running hit pieces with fabricated evidence (60 Minutes), or another news outlet intentionally scaring people about covid for clicks (everybody), it's very important to keep in mind that these are the same people who you trust when they're reporting on issues that you happen to be poorly-informed about.  And that's irrational of course.  If you catch them lying about topics about which you're well-informed, it should greatly increase your skepticism about them on all other topics.  

Edit: I'm pretty sure this phenomenon has a name attached to it, but I can't recall what it is.  The way I saw this idea explained originally involved a physicist who was reading the paper, finding it all very informative.  Then he stumbles upon a story that involves physics and he finds that it's full of errors -- the author gets a bunch of facts wrong, misunderstands a theory, reverses the causality of two events, etc. -- and remarks to himself what a terrible story it is.  The average person never would have noticed anything wrong with that story, but the physicist happens to be an expert in the field so he catches all of this stuff.  Then he goes right back to reading stories about other fields -- political science, economics, finance, medicine -- believing everything, even though his experience with the "physics" story should have taught him to be more wary.  Anybody else see this or remember what it's called?

When you see a news outlet lie about a story like this, or another news outlet running hit pieces with fabricated evidence (60 Minutes), or another news outlet intentionally scaring people about covid for clicks (everybody), it's very important to keep in mind that these are the same people who you trust when they're reporting on issues that you happen to be poorly-informed about.  And that's irrational of course.  If you catch them lying about topics about which you're well-informed, it should greatly increase your skepticism about them on all other topics.  

Edit: I'm pretty sure this phenomenon has a name attached to it, but I can't recall what it is.  The way I saw this idea explained originally involved a physicist who was reading the paper, finding it all very informative.  Then he stumbles upon a story that involves physics and he finds that it's full of errors -- the author gets a bunch of facts wrong, misunderstands a theory, reverses the causality of two events, etc. -- and remarks to himself what a terrible story it is.  The average person never would have noticed anything wrong with that story, but the physicist happens to be an expert in the field so he catches all of this stuff.  Then he goes right back to reading stories about other fields -- political science, economics, finance, medicine -- believing everything, even though his experience with the "physics" story should have taught him to be more wary.  Anybody else see this or remember what it's called?
The PSF?

The police officer was in a no win position.  He took the shot and potentially saved a young woman's life... he is criticized.  If he doesn't intervene (which he was called there to do) and the woman is stabbed (maybe fatally), he is criticized. 

Not sure why anyone would want to be a cop in this country these days but God bless them.  

Users who are viewing this thread