What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (10 Viewers)

@Caveman33 I’m not a member of BLM, but I absolutely believe that the issue of police abuse of power is pretty much only important in terms of racism. I’m not interested in any incidents involving white people and I don’t think the media should report them unless highly unusual. However the media should report EVERY questionable behavior by police that involves black people. I’m glad they’re selective about this and they should be, 

White people in this country are not subjected to institutionalized racism on a daily basis. Black people and other minorities are. Police do not abuse power against white people as a general rule, but they do against blacks. That’s where the focus needs to be. 
I strongly disagree.  You seem to have made up your mind, though.  It reminds me of when the authorities are convinced of a suspect's guilt and will ignore evidence that points to other suspects in pursuit of a conviction.

A few years ago, I was less informed on this topic.  I thought police were generally corrupt and black people received the worst of this corruption. I still think that to a lesser extent.  But it was BLM and the shifting victim narratives which piqued my curiosity, or woke me so to speak.  The same pattern seemed to repeat through every high profile case.  First, Breanna Taylor was a hard working nurse who fell victim to a wrong apartment raid.  Then I read court documents and there was ample evidence that she was a drug/money mule for her old boyfriend and her apartment was the intended target for the raid. 

Most liberals that I talk to seem to believe the initial narrative, even years after.  How many times can one be lied to before they start to question?  

@KarmaPolice

You mention the importance of focusing on the big picture and overall stats, rather than getting bogged down by a certain case.  I very much agree with this.  In fact, last year I broke down the statistics of arrests by race and police killings by race.  What I found was that over a 3 year period, the rate of police killings per arrest for whites and blacks were nearly identical.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this.  I am only 30 pages in but a few things have jumped out at me.  I believe most these studies and articles have a liberal agenda so I am admittedly reading from a biased perspective.  I will look at the MSN article when I am done as I think it will be interesting to see how they chose to represent this 200+ page report.

I strongly disagree.  You seem to have made up your mind, though.  It reminds me of when the authorities are convinced of a suspect's guilt and will ignore evidence that points to other suspects in pursuit of a conviction.

A few years ago, I was less informed on this topic.  I thought police were generally corrupt and black people received the worst of this corruption. I still think that to a lesser extent.  But it was BLM and the shifting victim narratives which piqued my curiosity, or woke me so to speak.  The same pattern seemed to repeat through every high profile case.  First, Breanna Taylor was a hard working nurse who fell victim to a wrong apartment raid.  Then I read court documents and there was ample evidence that she was a drug/money mule for her old boyfriend and her apartment was the intended target for the raid. 

Most liberals that I talk to seem to believe the initial narrative, even years after.  How many times can one be lied to before they start to question?  

@KarmaPolice

You mention the importance of focusing on the big picture and overall stats, rather than getting bogged down by a certain case.  I very much agree with this.  In fact, last year I broke down the statistics of arrests by race and police killings by race.  What I found was that over a 3 year period, the rate of police killings per arrest for whites and blacks were nearly identical.  
Hey, @Caveman33 hope you had a good New Year.  

I think I saw the stats about the killings and saw similar.     What I see talked about more is the interactions between police and the populace and how that is skewed - ie stop and frisks, frequency of being pulled over, car searches, etc.      Also people will usually agree there is stuff that won't show up in the stats b/c they probably aren't in the police reports - examples like Pinky and ek talking about cops having their guns out during a stop.  

I am trying to refrain from speaking for others too much, but all that is what I am talking about when I bring up police interactions, not merely just deaths.   That's why I really think we need to adjust what we are wanting our officers to be looking for and pulling people over for.  

@Caveman33 - I forgot to ask above.    Does that stat you saw factor in % of population for whites/blacks or number of interactions?     What I mean by that is killing/arrest might be similar, but if blacks are getting pulled over more compared to population, wouldn't that mean that they would have an elevated death rate overall in these situations? 

(still foggy this am, hope that made sense) 

Hey, @Caveman33 hope you had a good New Year.  

I think I saw the stats about the killings and saw similar.     What I see talked about more is the interactions between police and the populace and how that is skewed - ie stop and frisks, frequency of being pulled over, car searches, etc.      Also people will usually agree there is stuff that won't show up in the stats b/c they probably aren't in the police reports - examples like Pinky and ek talking about cops having their guns out during a stop.  

I am trying to refrain from speaking for others too much, but all that is what I am talking about when I bring up police interactions, not merely just deaths.   That's why I really think we need to adjust what we are wanting our officers to be looking for and pulling people over for.  
True, police interactions would be a better metric than arrests but we don't have access to that, only anecdotal or personal experiences.  My personal experience runs counter to the popular narrative.  I currently live and associate with mostly latinos and blacks.  Drugs are sold and consumed openly in these poor, minority areas.  The amount of crime that is tolerated and ignored is astounding when compared to the white suburbs where I grew up. 

My break down was simply deaths/arrests.  You are correct that the more you interact with police, the greater your chances of a bad result.  So profiling of black people is a risk factor.  I have been profiled for being white in a black neighborhood and out of state plates. On both occasions the cops stated this as the reason for the stop.  And they have never cut me any breaks for being white.  Been arrested multiple times.  I think I can physically handle or outrun most cops but the thought of resisting never crossed my mind.  Just a totally -EV idea. Compliance is a factor that we can't easily quantify.  But if you look at the high profile cases, I think ~95% of the time you will see that lack of compliance played a part. 

Well thats the thing.  Define committing crimes?  Are you referring to those convicted of committing a crime?  Because that involves things like after being engaged, are you searched?  Are you arrested?  Do you have the means to get a better lawyer?  You can commit a crime and have a strong chance of not being convicted of it.  Others  not so much. 

doing something illegal is a crime - the very definition of it

you are right, people committing crimes do have different judicial proceedings and many things are relevant in all that - but the key is they committed a crime

don't commit crimes - there is your solution

I would be willing to bet everyone in this thread has done numerous things that could have resulted in being referred to as a crime whether small like a traffic infraction or more serious like drug use.  But its not recognized as a crime until you are caught and prosecuted.  That's a big difference, so saying "dont commit crimes" is entirely missing the point.  Of course dont commit crimes.  But my point is the number of stops or police engagements is going to increase the crime statistics.  The study i posted above shows that. 

I was pulled over with a buddy in high school - not my vehicle, I wasn't driving, not my alcohol and it was closed container ... and I got a minor in possession of alcohol for it. Girls in my class had been caught similarly and they just poured theirs out.

life isn't fair - I committed a crime and didn't know it, had I not got in that car that night I'd not have been charged and that is a fact

I was pulled over with a buddy in high school - not my vehicle, I wasn't driving, not my alcohol and it was closed container ... and I got a minor in possession of alcohol for it. Girls in my class had been caught similarly and they just poured theirs out.

life isn't fair - I committed a crime and didn't know it, had I not got in that car that night I'd not have been charged and that is a fact
Not sure how many times this needs to be repeated but: 

You’re not a minority. Your experiences with law enforcement have absolutely no bearing on how minorities are treated. None whatsoever. 

You’re not a minority. Your experiences with law enforcement have absolutely no bearing on how minorities are treated. None whatsoever. 

This is probably one of the reasons the PSF is in a death spiril. A man is giving you a personal experience. That means nothing to you.  i thought at one time you and Squid were the same person..but you at times can actually be open minded, Squid never.   But you always revert.

Tim, I don't believe you are a minority either (Maybe my notebook is wrong), but that doesn't stop you from trying to "educate" everyone on here how we should act/feel about this issue. 

This is probably one of the reasons the PSF is in a death spiril. A man is giving you a personal experience. That means nothing to you.  i thought at one time you and Squid were the same person..but you at times can actually be open minded, Squid never.   But you always revert.
It not that it means nothing to me. Of course every personal experience is important. But it means nothing in terms of treatment of minorities. 

How many times have we read in this thread and elsewhere “when the police stopped me I did what they instructed and I was fine”?? These are meaningless arguments because none of the people who wrote them were black. 

Tim, I don't believe you are a minority either (Maybe my notebook is wrong), but that doesn't stop you from trying to "educate" everyone on here how we should act/feel about this issue. 
Of course. I’m white and I’m trying to educate you on how you should act and feel about this issue. That is absolutely correct. 

Of course. I’m white and I’m trying to educate you on how you should act and feel about this issue. That is absolutely correct. 
Well, using your logic, why can your positions possibly be taken seriously because you lack the proper racial designation and experience to properly understand the depth of the situation you are defending--let alone attempt to educate us. 

Well, using your logic, why can your positions possibly be taken seriously because you lack the proper racial designation and experience to properly understand the depth of the situation you are defending--let alone attempt to educate us. 
Because I’m not offering the personal experience of how I’ve been treated by the police. That’s what I’m objecting to. If you want to argue with me about how blacks are treated by police with statistics and other facts and studies, well and good. But neither you nor I can offer personal stories of our own interaction with police- they’re just not relevant. 

Years ago I was at a picnic with a black family at Echo Park in Los Angeles. A friend of mine from my chess playing days was introducing me to his wife and kids. The police showed up and, in front of the guys family and me, handcuffed my friend and dragged him away. They had gotten a report of a robbery in the area. My friend was humiliated and had to be questioned at the police station for hours, before the cops found the right guy. 
I will never know what my friend must have felt. That was an experience that would NEVER happen to me, or any white person. It helped me to partially understand what black people go through on a daily basis, but I can never fully understand. All I can do is try to help end such treatment, and that starts by helping other white people to partially understand as well. If that seems patronizing to you I apologize. 

Anybody that has spent any amount of time in high crime areas knows darn well awful driving is punished at a tiny rate of what it should be. 

Bike lanes are passing lanes. Red lights are merely suggestions. Speed limit shmeed limit. 
Personally, I detest coming to a full stop at a stop sign.  I like knowing that I'm not likely to get a ticket even if a cop sees me do it.  The Baltimore City police have other things to worry about.

Because I’m not offering the personal experience of how I’ve been treated by the police. That’s what I’m objecting to. If you want to argue with me about how blacks are treated by police with statistics and other facts and studies, well and good. But neither you nor I can offer personal stories of our own interaction with police- they’re just not relevant. 

Years ago I was at a picnic with a black family at Echo Park in Los Angeles. A friend of mine from my chess playing days was introducing me to his wife and kids. The police showed up and, in front of the guys family and me, handcuffed my friend and dragged him away. They had gotten a report of a robbery in the area. My friend was humiliated and had to be questioned at the police station for hours, before the cops found the right guy. 
I will never know what my friend must have felt. That was an experience that would NEVER happen to me, or any white person. It helped me to partially understand what black people go through on a daily basis, but I can never fully understand. All I can do is try to help end such treatment, and that starts by helping other white people to partially understand as well. If that seems patronizing to you I apologize. 
Ahh it is completely patronizing.  You don't think white people have never been falsely accused or mistreated?  I know plenty of white people who have gone through the exact same thing, includingtwo of my brothers.  You act like no one can relate or has any experience dealing with that type of situation that isn't black.  What kind of a sheltered life have you lived that you don't know a white person that has been humiliated by a cop?  Honestly it begs the question if you are lying. 

This is exactly why I hate/despise/revolted by modern liberalism.  People are people.  To view every situation through some filter of race/sex/politics is just so disgusting to me.  We live in the biggest melting pot of a society ever.  What constitutes an oppressed minority is about 90 percent of the population when you look at it....Women, gays, trangendered, Muslims, jews, short people, fat people, blacks, Hispanics, poor people.....if someone is abused by police, it should be newsworthy.   But when a white unarmed conservatives gets shot or attacked, it is cause for celebration.  I really don't understand why people minds are so messed up.   This idea that some people are more newsworthy because of the color of their skin is a disease in society.  

I absolutely am a minority - you only want to see the US population and declare my skin color a majority .... but globally, regionally, in many cities and communities, in many sports and companies and organizations and ethnic enclave's my skin color isn't. Neither is my religious affiliation or my cultural background.

Until you start seeing hate and crimes and discriminations towards everyone and not just those you cherry pick ... I think you'll always misunderstand what hate and discrimination really is

the smaller number or part, especially a number that is less than half the whole number.

"a minority party"

It not that it means nothing to me. Of course every personal experience is important. But it means nothing in terms of treatment of minorities. 

I think some of you arent hearing what @timschochet is saying.  He isnt discounting @Stealthycats experience.   We can all find examples of not being treated fair.  Its when we look at things on a larger scale that things begin to change.  Stealthy's example can be real, impactful and unfair while at the same time not disproving the fact that overall Blacks receive a larger share of this "unfair" treatment.  Tims point is valid because while some are trying to talk about this on a larger scale others are trying to dismiss it based on 1 example they had and frankly that doest do it.  Thats why Tim said it means nothing because in that context, it really doesnt invalidate what was being said.  

For example from the msn summary of that 200 page study i posted.  One example of a white person being searched or having a traffic stop does not negate the findings below.  Thats Tims point. 

Search Rates:

People who were perceived as Black were searched at 2.4 times the rate of people perceived as White. Overall, officers searched 18,777 more people perceived as Black than those perceived as White. In addition, transgender women were searched at 2.5 times the rate of individuals perceived to be cisgender women.

Result of Stop:

At the conclusion of a stop, officers must report the outcome, for example, no action taken, warning or citation is given, or arrest. For individuals perceived as Black, officers reported “no action taken” 2.3 times as often as they did for individuals perceived as White, indicating that a higher rate of those stopped who were perceived as Black were not actually engaged in unlawful activity.

Use of Force Rates:

Officers used force against people perceived as Black at 2.6 times the rate of individuals perceived as White. In addition, officers used force against individuals perceived to have a mental health disability at 5.2 times the rate of individuals perceived not to have a disability.

Traffic Violation Stops:

A higher proportion of traffic violation stops of people perceived as Hispanic or Black were for non-moving or equipment violations as compared to individuals who were perceived as White. 

For instance, the proportion of such stops initiated for window obstruction violations was nearly two and half times higher for people perceived as Hispanic and 1.9 times higher for people perceived as Black as compared to people perceived as White.

Population Comparison:

Using data from the 2019 American Community Survey, people who were perceived as Black were overrepresented in the stop data by 10% and people perceived as White or Asian were underrepresented by three and nine percentage points, respectively, as compared to weighted residential population estimates.

He isnt discounting @Stealthycats experience. 

he exactly said that

I stand by what I've said - until we call hate and discriminations and biases and all that equally and fairly across the board to anyone and everyone regardless of their skin color, gender, race, religion etc this country will always be divided, we will never heal or progress to a point where we're all treated on who we are not by the color of our skin

timschochet doesn't believe that - IMO from all I've read of his posting, he's ok with discrimination against whites, bias towards whites, rules and quota's and regulations that impact whites ... because only counting the USA as a whole - whites are a majority and that makes all the racism and discriminations towards whites ok

I fundamentally disagree - I believe in getting beyond racism and discrimination towards everyone

he exactly said that

I stand by what I've said - until we call hate and discriminations and biases and all that equally and fairly across the board to anyone and everyone regardless of their skin color, gender, race, religion etc this country will always be divided, we will never heal or progress to a point where we're all treated on who we are not by the color of our skin

timschochet doesn't believe that - IMO from all I've read of his posting, he's ok with discrimination against whites, bias towards whites, rules and quota's and regulations that impact whites ... because only counting the USA as a whole - whites are a majority and that makes all the racism and discriminations towards whites ok

I fundamentally disagree - I believe in getting beyond racism and discrimination towards everyone
Reducing discrimination or bias against blacks doesnt mean one is ok with discrimination or bias against whites.   Just like holding a fund rasier for Lung Cancer doesnt mean we dont care about Acne that you might have.  They both suck.  But one is a little bit more critical to address at the moment.

Actually read that study i posted . We do have access to that they also include use of force metrics and many others.  
The study covers vehicle and pedestrian stops from 18 agencies within California.  "Vehicle and pedestrian stops account for about 15 percent of police encounters in which a civilian is seriously injured or killed."  https://www.ppic.org/publication/police-use-of-force-and-misconduct-in-california/

Still, if we can find information on police killings by race within those same 18 agencies, it would be worth running the numbers.  Do you know where to find that?  I don't.

I think some of you arent hearing what @timschochet is saying.  He isnt discounting @Stealthycats experience.   We can all find examples of not being treated fair.  Its when we look at things on a larger scale that things begin to change.  Stealthy's example can be real, impactful and unfair while at the same time not disproving the fact that overall Blacks receive a larger share of this "unfair" treatment.  Tims point is valid because while some are trying to talk about this on a larger scale others are trying to dismiss it based on 1 example they had and frankly that doest do it.  Thats why Tim said it means nothing because in that context, it really doesnt invalidate what was being said.  

For example from the msn summary of that 200 page study i posted.  One example of a white person being searched or having a traffic stop does not negate the findings below.  Thats Tims point. 
The study is using officer's perception to classify race, sex, and mental ability.  For example those perceived to be multi-racial made up 0.9% of those stopped but 5% of the population.  Those perceived to be white made up 32% of stops and 35% of population.  Those perceived to be asian made up 5% of stops and 14% of population.

Males made up 72% of stops, while females made up 27% of stops.  We can't force equity across all groups.  Individuals have free will and can behave in different ways.

The study is using officer's perception to classify race, sex, and mental ability.  For example those perceived to be multi-racial made up 0.9% of those stopped but 5% of the population.  Those perceived to be white made up 32% of stops and 35% of population.  Those perceived to be asian made up 5% of stops and 14% of population.

Males made up 72% of stops, while females made up 27% of stops.  We can't force equity across all groups.  Individuals have free will and can behave in different ways.
Exactly and it appears that perception has driven certain outcomes some more disproportionate than others depending on race.

Exactly and it appears that perception has driven certain outcomes some more disproportionate than others depending on race.
That's one interpretation and likely a contributing factor.  I could hypothesize that asians as a group commit less crime than average and therefore are not only giving police less reason to stop them but also benefiting from the positive stereotype that they as a group have created.  It sucks that I, just by nature of being born male, have to endure more scrutiny from the police because of the actions of other males.  My only defense against such prejudice is to conduct myself in such a way that limits negative outcomes that result from me being male.

You are right that accurate reporting of both race and cause of death is an issue.  The killing statistic I used before was from police shootings only.  Those have less ambiguity.  I looked through the links you provided but didn't see any statistics for California in 2020 which is where and when the data from the RIPA report is derived.  The 2nd link appeared to use advanced math formulas to make estimates.  Those also had graphs by state but I couldn't find any actual numbers to work with.  Maybe someone else can point me to it.

It sucks that I, just by nature of being born male, have to endure more scrutiny from the police because of the actions of other males.
Dont you agree then that discrimination in any form is problematic?  Also dont think you can compare the issues of race in america to gender.  Both are important, one seems to be more at the forefront of issues in this country.  Both should be addressed however.

Maybe someone else can point me to it.
Police killing statistics IMO need to improve.  There is likely a reason this is so difficult to pin down and track.  I believe the database WaPO uses is one of the better ones.  

Reducing discrimination or bias against blacks doesnt mean one is ok with discrimination or bias against whites.   Just like holding a fund rasier for Lung Cancer doesnt mean we dont care about Acne that you might have.  They both suck.  But one is a little bit more critical to address at the moment.
Thanks for the defense and kind words. 

Of course I would be opposed to racial discrimination against white people if it existed in this country. So far as I’m aware, it doesn’t. I’ve never in my life been scared of police due to the color of my skin. I can’t imagine how that would feel. 

Dont you agree then that discrimination in any form is problematic?  Also dont think you can compare the issues of race in america to gender.  Both are important, one seems to be more at the forefront of issues in this country.  Both should be addressed however.

Police killing statistics IMO need to improve.  There is likely a reason this is so difficult to pin down and track.  I believe the database WaPO uses is one of the better ones.  
Yea, I think that discrimination is a problem and race is a bigger factor than gender.  I also think wealth privilege trumps white (or majority) privilege.  It's impossible for me to say how much discrimination is playing into the arrests and killing of black people.  In both large scale statistics and individual cases, I see other factors that seem to have contributed more. 

I think police culture is still one where they are above the law.  They are abusing their power against everyone and I think statistics bear that out.  Mayors and city managers can replace police chiefs.  Has anyone seen changes occurring anywhere?

I think placing so much focus (unfairly imo) on race creates both excuses and a victim complex.  I've seen videos of people receiving vicious beat downs.  Commenters ask, "Did he call him a n-word?"  The accepted idea is that words justify the beat down. The last few years are making all groups of people even more racist or prejudice, imo.  I have no answers to this problem, just arguing my opinion that police abuse of power and racism are separate issues that do interact at times but not remotely close to the extent that timscochet is claiming.

I also think wealth privilege trumps white (or majority) privilege.
i'm with you there if you mean wealth inequality. 

I think police culture is still one where they are above the law.  They are abusing their power against everyone and I think statistics bear that out. 
Agree.

I think placing so much focus (unfairly imo) on race creates both excuses and a victim complex. 
How much focus is appropriate though?  I think its easy for someone who is impacted less by race to say this.  Especially when people like me have been simply asking for acknowledgement on some of this stuff for decades.  

And sure, for some people they may use it as an excuse, but imo thats a small group and simply used to de-legitimize or take attention away from the issue.  Because someone does that we should just ignore the problem? 

Thanks for the defense and kind words. 

Of course I would be opposed to racial discrimination against white people if it existed in this country. So far as I’m aware, it doesn’t. I’ve never in my life been scared of police due to the color of my skin. I can’t imagine how that would feel. 

You just shared a personal experience yet when another poster shared one you dismissed it.  Fear is fear regardless of the color of your skin.

Many people fear the police.

those are not comparable (cancer & acne)

you'd have to say lung cancer for some people matters - but for other people its irrelvant

discrimination - why can't we all be against it? for whites, browns, blacks, reds, purples, gay, straight, men, women, adults, kids, civilians, police ..... why is it that it only matters for some and not others based (ironically) on skin skin color, race, sex etc?

sometimes I just shake my head at how lost we are a society anymore - seriously 

those are not comparable (cancer & acne)

you'd have to say lung cancer for some people matters - but for other people its irrelvant

discrimination - why can't we all be against it? for whites, browns, blacks, reds, purples, gay, straight, men, women, adults, kids, civilians, police ..... why is it that it only matters for some and not others based (ironically) on skin skin color, race, sex etc?

sometimes I just shake my head at how lost we are a society anymore - seriously 
I’m against all of it. But for white people I’m only against it in theory because in reality it doesn’t exist. 

i'm with you there if you mean wealth inequality. 

Agree.

How much focus is appropriate though?  I think its easy for someone who is impacted less by race to say this.  Especially when people like me have been simply asking for acknowledgement on some of this stuff for decades.  

And sure, for some people they may use it as an excuse, but imo thats a small group and simply used to de-legitimize or take attention away from the issue.  Because someone does that we should just ignore the problem? 
I'm too young to really comment on how things were decades ago but the history books certainly show that blacks suffered a lot of atrocities and injustice which has greatly contributed to wealth inequality.  But in 2022, I think there are many measures in place that give poor blacks advantages over poor whites when it comes to schooling and jobs.  Discrimination will always exist but it is being relegated to small corners with limited influence.

As far as delegitimizing the race issue, I feel like BLM is doing a strong job of that through the predictable manner in which they champion cases regardless of the underlying facts.

so discrimination against males ?   

you know discriminations against whites against - you simply justify it as progressive actions for non-whites ... discrimination in the name of discrimination

The personal experience I shared happened to somebody else, a black person. It didn’t happen to me. It COULDN’T happen to me, which is my whole point. 
It could have, if they felt you matched the suspect description.  But it's ridiculous that they dragged him all the way back to the police station.  They should have at least let him sit in the car.

The personal experience I shared happened to somebody else, a black person. It didn’t happen to me. It COULDN’T happen to me, which is my whole point. 

if you were in a black area and the robber was white and you fit the profile it absolutely could have been you

https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/213004.pdf

Document Title: Police Officers' Decision Making and Discretion: Forming Suspicion and Making a Stop  2006 document

The following are some explanations given by officers who rated appearance as a medium or high priority: • Despite ethnicity, if someone is wearing all black clothing, this is an indication that they are up to no good 5 This document is a research report submitted to the U.S. Department of Justice. This report has not been published by the Department. Opinions or points of view expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice. • Officer is well acquainted with people and places in his beat; he can tell based on appearance who "doesn't belong" • Person who looks "different" raises suspicion (e.g., white person in black neighborhood). In contrast, officers who rated appearance to be of low priority typically provided one of two explanations: (1) that most people encountered looked similar enough to render appearance meaningless as a factor that might arouse suspicion, or, (2) that they did their best not to judge people based on their appearance. Most officers described behavior as playing a significant role in their decision-making.

Users who are viewing this thread