Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Baltimore: The Next Ferguson?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't begrudge anyone their right to say whatever they want. I just come at this thread from the totally opposite point of view from most of the posters. Most of you don't care about Baltimore, you

Anyone reading this thread knows my point of view. I think a number of police officers essentially ended the life of a man who wasn't breaking any laws, and need to be held accountable for that crime.

Yes, that is an oversimplification, and likely also a mischaracterization.    People aren't arguing that environment doesn't have a large influence on your life.  Most people are arguing that they're

Well I think the mayor and the police chief ought to resign. Their statements and deliberate inaction are inexcusable IMO.

What are you talking about? The mayor initially gave them a place to destroy. Sounds like sound strategy to me.

dumpsterdam

This thread is terrible. Not ### bad as what's going on in Baltimore, but pretty damn awful.

I know, it is all these liberals who just dominate the political threads on this forum with their progressive leaning posts and ruin the discussion for everyone.
You are looking at the end result of liberal progressive mindset.

It's disgusting. Black people are fed up with how they believe the police treats them, and their response is to go burn buildings, rob businesses and attack cops.

Yeah....that'll prove them wrong.

Anyone that defends this is a fool.

yeah, black people. sheesh.

Missing the point.

yeah its me missing the point

Looks that way.

Guest General Tso

Holy #### this reporter at the fire (crazy lady named Christy) is hysterical. She tried to interview a fireman who was telling her to move. "This massive fire is burning the city to its knees!!"

This thread is terrible. Not ### bad as what's going on in Baltimore, but pretty damn awful.

I know, it is all these liberals who just dominate the political threads on this forum with their progressive leaning posts and ruin the discussion for everyone.

And I am also reminded you are an alias who has never explained why you disappeared from this forum for a year.

You are johnjohn, right?

Edited by squistion

It's disgusting. Black people are fed up with how they believe the police treats them, and their response is to go burn buildings, rob businesses and attack cops.

Missing the point.

Looks that way.

this has little to nothing to do with "black people" and how "they" feel they are treated. It has almost everything to do with a bunch of #######s seeing an opportunity to be #######s.

Hard to believe that needs to be explained to anybody with at least enough brain power to turn on a computer and type.

Edited by Apple Jack

Missing the point.

Let me spell it out a little more clearly:

A. Police view young black people as thugs causing trouble

B. Thugs causing trouble get treated poorly in piklce custody.

C. Since police treat the thugs poorly, eventually one gets seriously hurt or killed.

D. The black community goes into righteous outrage over the death of an "Innocent" (INSERT ENORMOUS SARCASM)

E. Calm cool head in the black community are drowned out while large numbers of other young black men loot, burn, and pillage.

F. Cops idea of young black men being thugs causing trouble is greatly re-enforced by young black men rioting.

G. Calmer minds insist the cops/system/government are at fault for not fixing A and by extension B, yet spend very little time aggressively addressing E.

How does E help solve A?

There is no excuse for rioting and it will NEVER help fix the problem.

• Like 1

And I am also reminded you are alias who has never explained why you disappeared from this forum for a year.You are johnjohn, right?
Keep sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the result of your world view.

Missing the point.

Looks that way.

this has little to nothing to do with "black people" and how "they" feel they are treated. It has almost everything to do with a bunch of #######s seeing an opportunity to be #######s.

Hard to believe that needs to be explained to anybody with at least enough brain power to turn on a computer and type.

And what color are the "bunch of #######s seeing an opportunity to be #######"?

And do you think that renesauz's statement that "Black people are fed up with how they believe the police treats them" is limited to just the rioters?

Mark Furhman being interviewed. Isn't he the racist guy from the OJ case?

Yes. Trotting him out there is, at best, a serious lapse in judgment.

Guest General Tso

"Oh my gosh! It's not one fire, the firefighter on scene just told me it's FOUR fires! And I think it's because of the burning embers blowing around and catching other structures on fire! And now it's catching people's homes on fire!"

And I am also reminded you are alias who has never explained why you disappeared from this forum for a year.You are johnjohn, right?

I can't quit ignoring that you are obviously an alias of someone who has been banned, which you have never denied even after being repeated asked about it.

"Oh my gosh! It's not one fire, the firefighter on scene just told me it's FOUR fires! And I think it's because of the burning embers blowing around and catching other structures on fire! And now it's catching people's homes on fire!"

Amazing that in a city full of row houses fires might be spreading uncontrollably.

I can't quit ignoring that you are obviously an alias of someone who has been banned, which you have never denied even after being repeated asked about it.
Really? No I'm not an alias for someone who has been banned if you must know. But if it helps you sleep at night you can think I am.

Are you blaming this on 50 years of the great society

Run FOX dude.....seriously. Sooner or later someone lootings going to realize the film footage could be used against them.

What the hell was going on there? A guy claiming to be councilman in a $2,000 suit said they told the cops to stand down because they got this and 2 minutes later they looted the entire block. :lmao:

Really? No I'm not an alias for someone who has been banned if you must know. But if it helps you sleep at night you can think I am.

And you starting posting after an absence for almost an entire year (from May 2014) for what reason again? Inquiring minds want to know...

Edited by squistion

Run FOX dude.....seriously. Sooner or later someone lootings going to realize the film footage could be used against them.

What the hell was going on there? A guy claiming to be councilman in a $2,000 suit said they told the cops to stand down because they got this and 2 minutes later they looted the entire block. :lmao:

To be fair, he didn't really say "what he got". Maybe he meant toilet paper.

Baltimore Police are in a no win situation. They stand down and everyone is mad they aren't stopping all this. If they step in there's going to be a lot of people shot and killed and they will be vilified.

wait for it, wait for it.........Now!

Amazing that in a city full of row houses fires might be spreading uncontrollably.

Damn that David Simon leaving all of his sets behind after production was done.