What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baltimore: The Next Ferguson? (2 Viewers)

It's going to be a big news story all the cops sitting idly by while all this happens.

google > "baltimore zoo lion" > search tools > last hour
I seriously hope this is fake. That lion is going to hurt someone and they're going to have to kill the lion. That sucks.
Think for a minute. Who would have released a lion and how/why?
The dude from Twelve Monkeys?
:lmao:

Rioters : "Forget the liquor store, we gotta get to the zoo and hoist the big cats out of their enclosures!"

Zookeeper : "We need to turn the lion loose for its own safety. That lion's an operator, he'll be fine for a few days and then we'll bring him back."

Trying to figure out which scenario is more reasonable.

I seriously hope this is fake. That lion is going to hurt someone and they're going to have to kill the lion. That sucks.
LOL. You are trying to attribute rationale thought to a rioting mob? If someone can think of it, or someone can fake it, someone can do it. There's no policing going on in Baltimore tonight. Anything is fair game.

LOL. You are trying to attribute rationale thought to a rioting mob? If someone can think of it, or someone can fake it, someone can do it. There's no policing going on in Baltimore tonight. Anything is fair game.
Seriously?

Seriously?
Anyone that buys the Lion story I have some property to sell.

Seriously?
serials. balto is really small. theyre all like so scrood.

LarryAllen said:
It's disgusting. Black people are fed up with how they believe the police treats them, and their response is to go burn buildings, rob businesses and attack cops.

Yeah....that'll prove them wrong.

Anyone that defends this is a fool.
yeah, black people. sheesh.
Missing the point.
yeah its me missing the point
Let me spell it out a little more clearly:A. Police view young black people as thugs causing trouble

B. Thugs causing trouble get treated poorly in piklce custody.

C. Since police treat the thugs poorly, eventually one gets seriously hurt or killed.

D. The black community goes into righteous outrage over the death of an "Innocent" (INSERT ENORMOUS SARCASM)

E. Calm cool head in the black community are drowned out while large numbers of other young black men loot, burn, and pillage.

F. Cops idea of young black men being thugs causing trouble is greatly re-enforced by young black men rioting.

G. Calmer minds insist the cops/system/government are at fault for not fixing A and by extension B, yet spend very little time aggressively addressing E.

How does E help solve A?

There is no excuse for rioting and it will NEVER help fix the problem.
Rioting and violent government protest has a place in this world. We saw it used effectively in the U.S. leading to independence, and in countries every year to protest/change/overthrow corrupt, evil regimes. Sometimes people are so oppressed that violence (aka Revolution as the ultimate goal) is a necessary, and only sometimes only means to instill change.Unfortunately, when the rioters/protesters/... get more air time for looting and property damage than their efforts to impact change do, it continues to perpetuate already existing stereotypes and racial/cultural biases, bringing us full circle to the place where these movements start.

Forget color, age, gender... Get 1000 protesters to form a sit-in in the Baltimore Police HQ for the next month. I guarantee a lot more would get accomplished than a couple days of hanging in the streets and looting your own town.

Sadly, men like MLK
Seriously? You think these kids are rioting for change, or to grab some loot?

the lion is one thing but just wait until the giant octopus arrives brohan that is eight hands and a whole lotta pissed off scores are getting settled take that to the bank bromigos

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously?
Yes seriously. Are you watching the ####### news? They are lighting bonfires 50 feet in front of cops and then driving stolen cars through the fire while a guy directs an imaginary symphony in front of the flames. And you don't think it's possible that some animals could get released from the zoo?

LarryAllen said:
It's disgusting. Black people are fed up with how they believe the police treats them, and their response is to go burn buildings, rob businesses and attack cops.

Missing the point.
Let me spell it out a little more clearly:A. Police view young black people as thugs causing trouble

C. Since police treat the thugs poorly, eventually one gets seriously hurt or killed.

D. The black community goes into righteous outrage over the death of an "Innocent" (INSERT ENORMOUS SARCASM)

E. Calm cool head in the black community are drowned out while large numbers of other young black men loot, burn, and pillage.

F. Cops idea of young black men being thugs causing trouble is greatly re-enforced by young black men rioting.

G. Calmer minds insist the cops/system/government are at fault for not fixing A and by extension B, yet spend very little time aggressively addressing E.

How does E help solve A?

Rioting and violent government protest has a place in this world. We saw it used effectively in the U.S. leading to independence, and in countries every year to protest/change/overthrow corrupt, evil regimes. Sometimes people are so oppressed that violence (aka Revolution as the ultimate goal) is a necessary, and only sometimes only means to instill change.Unfortunately, when the rioters/protesters/... get more air time for looting and property damage than their efforts to impact change do, it continues to perpetuate already existing stereotypes and racial/cultural biases, bringing us full circle to the place where these movements start.

Forget color, age, gender... Get 1000 protesters to form a sit-in in the Baltimore Police HQ for the next month. I guarantee a lot more would get accomplished than a couple days of hanging in the streets and looting your own town.

Sadly, men like MLK
:lmao: do you even know where you started?

the lion is one thing but just wait until the giant octopus arrives brohan that is eight hands and a whole lotta pissed off scores are getting settled take that to the bank bromigos
Octopods don't have arms/legs. They have eight prehensile penises.

8 penises completely capable of solving complex puzzles or harassing unsuspecting Japanese school girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously?
Yes seriously. Are you watching the ####### news? They are lighting bonfires 50 feet in front of cops and then driving stolen cars through the fire while a guy directs an imaginary symphony in front of the flames. And you don't think it's possible that some animals could get released from the zoo?
totes as easy

Octopods don't have arms/legs. They have prehensile penises.

8 penises completely capable of solving complex puzzles or harassing unsuspecting Japanese school girls.
you sort of lost me there brohan but hey man you keep on doing your thing because hey man there you are take that to the bank brohan

Octopods don't have arms/legs. They have prehensile penises.

you sort of lost me there brohan but hey man you keep on doing your thing because hey man there you are take that to the bank brohan
Thanks man, there you are too, totes. :thumbup:

Seriously?
No, I don't. You think that guy dancing in front of the fire or the dudes throwing bottles are suddenly going to break for the zoo and rig up an elaborate pulley system to get a thousand pound lion up out of an enclosure and release it onto the streets? Come on man.

LarryAllen said:

Missing the point.

How does E help solve A?

Sadly, men like MLK
:lmao: do you even know where you started?
So the riots/fires/looting is semi-organized to prove a point?

Gotcha. I can see how this would be effective.

Some joker on CNN just tried to say that this rioting is justified and that the only people to blame are the cops that killed Gray.

Best post of the thread."Eight hands and a whole lotta pissed off".

Would make a great ALERT banner at the bottom of CNN.

Users who are viewing this thread