What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft is HERE! Excited? Dreams and hopes? ...spring eternal. (1 Viewer)

AngryPatriot

Footballguy
Well, the draft is here, we get a good dose of offseason football material to consider. Are you excited about it? Indifferent? Best case for your team, worst case? DO you enjoy the draft? I usually find it frustrating, way too stretched out, with a "whaaaaa...t??!!??" moment or 2. Can a draft even be judged, if not 2,3,4 years down the road? But it's importance cannot be overstated. Good luck to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the Giants don't draft Brandon Scherff as we don't need two Justin Pugh's.

I also hope one of the DEs falls into their lap somehow. Even if it's via a trade up a few picks. But man, would I love them to land a guy like Fowler.

I am probably more into it this year than I have been recently. I guess there are a few players I am really interested in this year.

Overall, though, I really don't like how spread out it is now and I HATE how the networks make it anti-climatic by tipping the news so much. I would much rather be there feeling like the whole world gets an "aha" moment at the same time but instead, you get your phone blowing up and some analyst saying 3 minutes before the pick that he's hearing such and such are going to do this".

True, the media can't help themselves, it is beyond ridiculous. I hate the trading down thing too, like the Pats trading away from Dez and DaMarius Thomas… of course that pain is now lessened! Deep wf's and RB's this year.

I'm excited for the draft but at the same time incredibly fearful. I just feel like the Giants are in an AWFUL position at #9. I'm really hoping they can either trade up for one of the Top 6 guys or trade down and acquire some more picks. I'm going to be fairly upset if they draft a OL at 9th overall because none of these guys project as a day one LT and in my opinion that's the only reason to take a OL in the top 10.

Users who are viewing this thread