Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Tyrod Taylor - Official T-Mobile thread!

That just really stinks. I'm sure there are a lot of people pulling for Herbert for reasons to do with fantasy, but how he's gotten his chance is right there with some of the worst of them, severity notwithstanding. Your own medical staff punctures your lung because you're gutting out a rib shot to go play? Terrible.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Tyrod, for this next play, 686 Pump F-Stop on two." "Nah." "What do you mean? Run the play I called!" "I'm calling the plays from now on. What are you gonna do, bench me again for Pete

I founders'd today. Drank a 2010 Nemesis. Whoa. That thing is primed. 

There are no words to describe the stupidity of the Buffalo Bills and I say this as a Lions fan. 

On 9/22/2020 at 7:19 PM, Just Win Baby said:

Tyrod won a road game against the team that was (a) worst in the NFL last season, (b) was starting a rookie QB in his first game with no preseason, and (c) was without one of its best defensive players (Atkins). And that win required the opposing PK to miss an easy FG that would have put the game into OT.

Herbert lost a home game in OT against the defending champs, after learning he was going to start 10 minutes before kickoff.

If you truly cannot see which outing was more impressive, I can't help you. :shrug: 

Let me also point out that home vs. road doesn't mean nearly as much through these 2 games as it would in a normal season.

As for which QB gives Lynn what he wants, my reaction is that what Lynn wants isn't necessarily what is best for the team. We've seen that repeatedly during his tenure. So it doesn't carry much weight with me. YMMV

And that is referring to the short term, i.e., 2020. If "what Lynn wants" = Tyrod, then it is not only hurting the team in 2020, it is also hurting the team beyond 2020 IMO. Herbert just showed he can play at this level. Given that, the best thing for the team's future is to give him reps so they can see if he is their legit QBOTF. They know Tyrod isn't.

How do you feel now that Herbert lost a home game to one of the three worst teams in the league?

• Like 1

Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said he's "not in a position" to rule out Tyrod Taylor (ribs) for Week 4 against the Buccaneers.

He also said his "number one concern" is getting Taylor healthy before figuring out who the starter will be moving forward. Justin Herbert made a few errant throws in Week 3 against the Panthers but continues to provide a spark for an offense that struggled mightily against the Bengals with Taylor engineering the gameplan. If/When Taylor is healthy, it would not be shocking to see Lynn weigh his past relationships over the rookie's presence under center.

SOURCE: Gilbert Manzano on Twitter

Sep 28, 2020, 4:45 PM ET

23 hours ago, tangfoot said:

How do you feel now that Herbert lost a home game to one of the three worst teams in the league?

I feel that Herbert is very clearly a much better fit for the Chargers offense than Tyrod. I would be extremely surprised if anyone disagrees, and I would expect that anyone who disagrees hasn't watched the games closely.

Over to you.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, tangfoot said:

I think the FBG podcast guys said it perfectly last night. 
Anthony Lynn thinks they would be 3-0 with Tyrod right now, and his opinion is the only one that really matters 

And Anthony Lynn might believe that, but IMO he is wrong. The Charger barely won with Tyrod, then lost to KC and CAR with a much more dynamic offense than they would have had with Tyrod.

Bottom line, the proof will be in what the Chargers do... if Tyrod is healthy, will he be starting? I can't imagine that, but it's the Chargers after all....

Tyrod Taylor (ribs) remained sidelined on Thursday. 

For whatever reason, coach Anthony Lynn has refused to rule Taylor out for Sunday's game against the Bucs, but it will again be Justin Herbert under center. Lynn needs to get used to the idea that it will be his rookie going forward. Turning back now would make zero sense. 

Oct 1, 2020, 4:47 PM ET

Tyrod Taylor (ribs) has resumed practicing. 

That is the good news for Taylor. The bad news is, coach Anthony Lynn announced Thursday that Justin Herbert will remain the starter going forward. It's more brutal injury luck for a quarterback who lost a job earlier in his career following a concussion. Life isn't fair, but it is absolutely the right call for the Bolts. Quarterback of the future Herbert has flashed promise, while Taylor is well established as a No. 2/"bridge" talent. 

Oct 8, 2020, 4:53 PM ET

• 1 month later...