What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tyrod Taylor, NYJ (1 Viewer)

Nice matchup this week vs. NYG but without (maybe) McCoy and Watkins can he keep it up? In my league scoring system NYG are 28 vs. the pass, though that was after getting shredded by Romo and Ryan.

What do you think his trade value is in terms of WRs? I picked him up as Peyton insurance, but I'm so hurting at WR I figure I might see if I can flip him for the likes of Decker or Watkins to a team with a crappy/injured QB. Am I kidding myself?
Keep Taylor, trade Manning you'll get more in return and TT could easily keep outperforming Manning.

Nice matchup this week vs. NYG but without (maybe) McCoy and Watkins can he keep it up? In my league scoring system NYG are 28 vs. the pass, though that was after getting shredded by Romo and Ryan.
So, to be clear...you worry that an RB getting getting miserable ypc who may rest in favor of an RB averaging double his production could be a problem for Taylor?

Deciding between Taylor and Carr myself. Carr seems to be mor consistent in terms of what you see is what you get. Oakland has a pretty good passing game. Buffalo... Idk what they're doing but it's working.

I may just have to bite on this!

Karlos Williams will fill the void just fine if McCoy is to sit.

(USA Today) Buffalo Bills QB Tyrod Taylor is the only quarterback in the NFL who ranks in the top five in completion percentage (74.4%), yards per attempt (9.15) and touchdowns (7).
Hopefully T-mobile will only get better and it's not just another RG III case.

But things are looking good. Tyrod has not danced too much, has thrown well and has poise.

Not much more you can ask for a guy who is starting his first games.

packer_junkie said:
zftcg said:
What do you think his trade value is in terms of WRs? I picked him up as Peyton insurance, but I'm so hurting at WR I figure I might see if I can flip him for the likes of Decker or Watkins to a team with a crappy/injured QB. Am I kidding myself?
I just offered him out for edelman, james jones, jeffrey, etc. Obviously shooting high. If those fail, i would glady take a decker watkins type and I think it can happen. Can also pair w/ a WR for better WR upgrade. Trying to trade him + watkins or cooks 4 evans to tannahill owner.
I am trying to move russel Wilson and roll with T-Mobile the rest of the year. he is the real deal, I think he finishes top ten and will be top 5 a lot of weeks.

Dr. Brew said:
Deciding between Taylor and Carr myself. Carr seems to be mor consistent in terms of what you see is what you get. Oakland has a pretty good passing game. Buffalo... Idk what they're doing but it's working.

I may just have to bite on this!
It's pretty simple, smart OC, good weapons, good QB and an aggressive mindset.

Chaka said:
zftcg said:
Keep Taylor, trade Manning you'll get more in return and TT could easily keep outperforming Manning.
I'm took out the same insurance policy and will move Manning soon and roll with TT. I'm hoping for 1-2 more weeks of Manning looking decent which he should against a couple bum teams, and assuming TT still looks like a QB1 off goes Manning.

And with QBs dropping like flies it's a seller's market.

Have to love this guy, keeps producing and looking pretty good doing it.

As far as the Giants are concerned, it's a huge game for them to stay back in things, however they have traditionally had issues with mobile QBs, and this is hardly their best defensive unit. I'd say a good to very good matchup.

My personal wdis is between he, Brees and Dalton - ironically Bree's is 3rd until he shows that he's healty. Dalton is playing KC who has not stopped anything in the air... going to be a number of calls like that this week, I'd presume.

I've got Brady on a bye and Sam Bradford on the pine........it's time to try and dump SB for Taylor. I wanted to pull the trigger last week but my $$ league partner wouldn't go for it just yet - he hadn't seen enough of him. Now we have to fight for TT thru the WW process. Thank God the Big Ben owner has a worse WW position than me, now I hope no one CBlocks me for him.

I've got Brady on a bye and Sam Bradford on the pine........it's time to try and dump SB for Taylor. I wanted to pull the trigger last week but my $$ league partner wouldn't go for it just yet - he hadn't seen enough of him. Now we have to fight for TT thru the WW process. Thank God the Big Ben owner has a worse WW position than me, now I hope no one CBlocks me for him.
I'm in the same position, I wanted to see more. I could have gotten him for 0$ last week but now the Big Ben owner might outbid me. Gonna cost me 15% of my FAAB, which is pretty cheap tbh but I'm not ready to bid more than that... Feel like I should.

Starting TMobile over Palmer this week.
bold. vs. STL at home? who WAS just pushed around (sort of)?

Have Dalton, TT and Rivers in a 14 team league w/ all on the block for some rb help to repace CJ Anderson. Played TT over Dalton last week, which i'm debating again... watching the KC DBs clueless last night might be the deciding factor there. Just wait till one more "starting" qb goes down and guys are looking at rolling out scrubs.

this is the year that will go down as "NEVER draft a qb in the first 2 rounds". unless you have the top 5 after 3 weeks crystal ball.

Picked him up last night, dropped Roddy. First time owning a Beamer QB. Starting him the next two weeks.

Tannehill owner, naturally.

I've been very impressed with him. Haven't seen every snap but I saw a fair amount of weeks ! & 3, and all of the 4th Q of the Patriots game. We knew he could run, but his pocket presence is pretty good. Surprisingly accurate arm.

It's early in the year and some regression seems likely. I would be pretty surprised if he stays in the top 5, but I don't think QB8-QB10 is unreasonable. That's a good 15-20 slots ahead of where most had him pegged.

RotW QB Rankings:

Tier 1: Rodgers, Brady, Luck

Tier 2: Ryan, Newton, Wilson

Tier 3: Manning, Palmer, Rivers

Tier 4: Brees, Dalton, Tannehill, Taylor

Who do you like best in that last group? Exactly.

Worries me that so many people are jumping on board the TMobile train.

Worried the wheels are gonna fall off.

Debating on him or Dalton this week. Both are red hot and have great matchups. I'm leaning towards rolling with Taylor because of the running threat.

Taylor has been accurate on 80.3 percent of his throws after accounting for dropped passes, throw aways, spiked balls, batted passes, and passes where he was hit when he threw the ball, fourth highest in league. He is 6 for 15 on passes at least 20 yards for 211 yards and four touchdowns, the most among quarterbacks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/09/30/daily-fantasy-football-tyrod-taylor-and-raiders-defense-are-must-starts-in-fanduel-during-week-4/

All of Tyrod's throws in Week 3:

https://vimeo.com/140868017

How confident are you all that he can be a good starting QB all year? I have Big Ben and have an opportunity to get Peyton Manning. I'd have to give up a couple of decent players though. Not sure I have the confidence to have Tyrod as my QB moving from forward.

How confident are you all that he can be a good starting QB all year? I have Big Ben and have an opportunity to get Peyton Manning. I'd have to give up a couple of decent players though. Not sure I have the confidence to have Tyrod as my QB moving from forward.
Confident.

And you can probably stream QBS better than Peyton this year.

I'd bet anyone who drafted Cap or Wilson looking for a qb to get a bunch of rushing yards is wishing they were playing like TT.

Of that list (not including tier 1) I'd take him over wilson rivers brees and tanny.

And he hasn't even busted a 30+ yard chunk run on some broken play or had a big rushing day mixed in. Best part is his accuracy in the pocket and moreso when he's moving.

Still going with Dalton at home vs. that #32 KC secondary.

edit sry - messed up the bobbylane quote below:

RotW QB Rankings:

Tier 1: Rodgers, Brady, Luck

Tier 2: Ryan, Newton, Wilson

Tier 3: Manning, Palmer, Rivers

Tier 4: Brees, Dalton, Tannehill, Taylor

Who do you like best in that last group? Exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
needed wide out help and traded him for Moncreif in a redraft. (the guy wanted him over Wilson, I like Wilson the same)

keeping in my dynasty, starting over brees until further notice

so had him on my bench all season. finally plugged him in... oof... hopefully he get something going

I hadn't seen much of him before today but I came away impressed. Very poised in the pocket and is comfortable going through his reads. Would have had a big day if penalties hadn't wiped out his 30 yard TD run and also a 30 yard TD pass.

We got caught chasing points but yea, had a long TD run and long TD pass both called back today. Either one would have made this another good day.

The Bills are killing themselves with penalties. Rex needs to check his blowhard shtick at the door and focus a little more to team discipline.

I thought Tyrod played ok. The Bills killed themselves with penalties, which wiped away TD's that would have given Tyrod another great game.

He did it without Sammy Watkins too. I think the loss of Watkins really hurt them offensively, as Harvin was bottled up.

I think you have to come away from this game feeling BETTER about Tyrod than you did before.

The Bills are killing themselves with penalties. Rex needs to check his blowhard shtick at the door and focus a little more to team discipline.
As a Jets fan - you'd think so, right? But Rex doesn't change. He is a very insecure man (in many ways) and that transmits to his players. No matter how much feedback he gets, he doesn't change. His team is always undisciplined.

Bills have 13 personal foul type penalties. Next closest team this season is 6.

Get used to it Bills fans.

I thought Tyrod played ok. The Bills killed themselves with penalties, which wiped away TD's that would have given Tyrod another great game.

He did it without Sammy Watkins too. I think the loss of Watkins really hurt them offensively, as Harvin was bottled up.

I think you have to come away from this game feeling BETTER about Tyrod than you did before.
I don't agree. I thought he was terrible when it mattered. He got most of his stats when the Giants were comfortably ahead. I thought yesterday was a huge return to earth. Against a very average defense.

Anyone else own both Peyton and Taylor? It's becoming a real dilemma for me. I tend to be the kind of guy who goes more on track record than recent performance, but it's hard to ignore that, even in a week where Taylor looked pretty bad, he still doubled up Manning.

I'm going to ride Peyton for one more week. But he's on a short leash.

Anyone else own both Peyton and Taylor? It's becoming a real dilemma for me. I tend to be the kind of guy who goes more on track record than recent performance, but it's hard to ignore that, even in a week where Taylor looked pretty bad, he still doubled up Manning.

I got both and it seems like I may be playing match ups all year. Not a bad problem to have IMHO.

Same boat. In my scoring they have been pretty neck and neck. I'd like to move Manning as I hate going qbbc. If I'm stuck with them I'd consider pulling manning in really bad matchup vs good one for Taylor but for now I'm like you keeping Manning in there.

I have Peyton and Taylor and I'm sticking with Taylor.
I have a similar problem. Taylor and the other Manning. I also have Stafford and Flacco in that league. Flacco is on bye, Stafford looks like he forgot how to play football so it's between Tyrod and Eli. Going T-Mobile this week...

TheFanatic said:
Riversco said:
I have a similar problem. Taylor and the other Manning. I also have Stafford and Flacco in that league. Flacco is on bye, Stafford looks like he forgot how to play football so it's between Tyrod and Eli. Going T-Mobile this week...
I have Eli and T-mobile... will play Tyrod every time! I trust this kid my fantasy team

TheFanatic said:
Riversco said:
I have Eli and T-mobile... will play Tyrod every time! I trust this kid my fantasy team
Eli has been underwhelming this year. Last week he had a nice game, but otherwise he's been pretty blah...

Tyrod and Cam here - dealt away Dalton this week; will likely deal one of the others at some point as well.

I had to make room on the roster so cut Peyton Manning. I'm just gonna roll with Tyrod. Only other QB is Romo.

Fellas, this guy is really nothing more than a journeyman on a hot streak. This week he is down to using rbs off the street and his star wr is probably out. He is playing against a team on the road coming off the bye, a team that despite what anyone thinks is in contention to win their crappy division if things go well.

All of this and some of you are playing him over Peyton Manning? I know Peyton is not the Peyton of yesteryear, but we have all seen the 'journeyman on a hot streak' movie. Sure, if there are a lot of weapons around him, I can buy it...this week doesn't look like that.

Users who are viewing this thread