What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tyrod Taylor, NYJ (1 Viewer)

Fellas, this guy is really nothing more than a journeyman on a hot streak. This week he is down to using rbs off the street and his star wr is probably out. He is playing against a team on the road coming off the bye, a team that despite what anyone thinks is in contention to win their crappy division if things go well.

All of this and some of you are playing him over Peyton Manning? I know Peyton is not the Peyton of yesteryear, but we have all seen the 'journeyman on a hot streak' movie. Sure, if there are a lot of weapons around him, I can buy it...this week doesn't look like that.
A Journeyman? This is his first opportunity to start. That makes no sense. After Aaron Rodgers started his first 4 games, was he a "Jounreyman" - it's not altogether different, both had sat on the bench and watched the game.

Now, perhaps he will become no more than a Journeyman, but it's his rookie starting year, which for an NFL QB, means something.

Tyrod's doing a lot better than some other QBs. He's tied for 5th in passing TDs. He has 104.4 passer rating. 8.2 yards per attempt. There's a lot to like there. He lost some big points last week from penalties or else he'd be nosing into some other categories.

Are people remembering him from Baltimore or college and just writing him off? If you've watched him play this year, he has outstanding pocket presence.

Not having Watkins is not insignificant and i would definitely lower expectations. That said i'm prob gonna start him because he's still my best option.

The Titans defense is getting pressure on a crazy high percentage of snaps and had a week off to prepare. Add in the missing weapons around him, the game being on the road, and a decent option...this seems like the week to sit Tyrod.

Love his fantasy floor being relatively high and will be starting him with confidence numerous other games this season. Just not today.

Also, is he 100 healthy? Last game he busted off that nice TD run that was called back (not to mention the late TD pass that was also called back) but he seemed to have a dinged ankle to me. Generally Rex Ryan is pretty upfront on these types of dings, anything on Taylor?

He really needs Watkins, Williams and McCoy back. Any QB would be hampered if they lost 3 of their top 4 offensive weapons.

Against all odds, Tyrod just delivers. He is literally that whole offense right now. This is really impressive stuff.

TMobile single handily won this game on offense this week. The running game was nonexistent thru 3 quarters so he really struggled to get anything going. In the 4th, he took it into his own hands and won the game. Had an outstanding 20+ yard scramble to pick up a huge 1st. Then proceeded to go 26 yards on a beautiful TD run. In the clutch, he hit Hogan for the game winning TD.

Taylor set the franchise record for rushing yards by a QB with 76.

It's pretty obvious this offense really misses Sammy Watkins - the other WRs really benefit when he is out there occupying the CB1 & safety. They also really need Shady McCoy & Karlos Williams back - Boobie Dixon just isn't a legit RB. McCoy & Williams will help keep defenses honest

Fellas, this guy is really nothing more than a journeyman on a hot streak. This week he is down to using rbs off the street and his star wr is probably out. He is playing against a team on the road coming off the bye, a team that despite what anyone thinks is in contention to win their crappy division if things go well.

All of this and some of you are playing him over Peyton Manning? I know Peyton is not the Peyton of yesteryear, but we have all seen the 'journeyman on a hot streak' movie. Sure, if there are a lot of weapons around him, I can buy it...this week doesn't look like that.
A Journeyman? This is his first opportunity to start. That makes no sense. After Aaron Rodgers started his first 4 games, was he a "Jounreyman" - it's not altogether different, both had sat on the bench and watched the game.

Now, perhaps he will become no more than a Journeyman, but it's his rookie starting year, which for an NFL QB, means something.
Journeyman implies several teams IMO. He's only been with the Ravens before this.

I guess theoretically he didn't have a start but he did go in early and play the bulk of a meaningless week 17 game years ago.

TMobile single handily won this game on offense this week. The running game was nonexistent thru 3 quarters so he really struggled to get anything going. In the 4th, he took it into his own hands and won the game. Had an outstanding 20+ yard scramble to pick up a huge 1st. Then proceeded to go 26 yards on a beautiful TD run. In the clutch, he hit Hogan for the game winning TD.

It's pretty obvious this offense really misses Sammy Watkins - the other WRs really benefit when he is out there occupying the CB1 & safety. They also really need Shady McCoy & Karlos Williams back - Boobie Dixon just isn't a legit RB. McCoy & Williams will help keep defenses honest
Passing game was non-existent too. That's on him.

He seems to have a rapport with Hogan. Where was that all game?

Woods is nothing special. I don't get why there's love for this guy. I prefer some of their speed behind him.

Harvin is not a #1 WR. That was a dumb move (and yeah they tried it week one as if Sammy wasn't) I mean he's just not. Get him in space. In the slot or wide with a bunch of snap N throws.

They could have sorely used him at RB today.

Taylor was so close to getting crushed for safety or sacked near the GL when he squeaked through. Outstanding play, but suppose he didn't. Buffalo fans would be all over them for their poor offensive performance. You ought to be. Titans flopped on some drives (with horribly cute play calls) gifting them a chance to be in the game even and the right side of their line was terrible. A few plays to Hogan, some to Clay and that's about it. Making this guy superman doesn't improve the offense, it makes you Carolina north. I hope Bills fans let em' hear it.

Passing game was non-existent too. That's on him. He seems to have a rapport with Hogan. Where was that all game?

Woods is nothing special. I don't get why there's love for this guy. I prefer some of their speed behind him.

Harvin is not a #1 WR. That was a dumb move (and yeah they tried it week one as if Sammy wasn't) I mean he's just not. Get him in space. In the slot or wide with a bunch of snap N throws.

Taylor was so close to getting crushed for safety or sacked near the GL when he squeaked through. Outstanding play, but suppose he didn't. Buffalo fans would be all over them for their poor offensive performance. You ought to be. Titans flopped on some drives (with horribly cute play calls) gifting them a chance to be in the game even and the right side of their line was terrible. A few plays to Hogan, some to Clay and that's about it. Making this guy superman doesn't improve the offense, it makes you Carolina north. I hope Bills fans let em' hear it.
I agree with you, the Bills should have crushed that lousy Titans team. It's a pretty good indication that the Bills aren't that good when they can't blow out a crappy team like Tennessee.

He didn't look good for much of the game. To be fair, if you take away the #1 wr and top two rb's from most teams there QB won't look good either.

He didn't look good for much of the game. To be fair, if you take away the #1 wr and top two rb's from most teams there QB won't look good either.
Yeah true. Also their D didn't help with the Titans having such a ToP advantage which is surprising considering how bad they ran. He likely had far less opportunities than normal.

Passing game was non-existent too. That's on him. He seems to have a rapport with Hogan. Where was that all game?

I agree with you, the Bills should have crushed that lousy Titans team. It's a pretty good indication that the Bills aren't that good when they can't blow out a crappy team like Tennessee.
It was an ugly game. Neither team looked very good. Titans are amidst an ol' Browns-like struggle asking fans to check out their new one win team each year

No weapons and greatly outscored Manning. In one of my leagues the kid is the 3rd QB and Manning is the 23rd. In the other the two are 4th and 24th. Sure it's not a lot of games to extrapolate from, but he's flat out getting it done. Ride the hot hand until it's not hot anymore.

Rotoworld:

Bills coach Rex Ryan says Tyrod Taylor hasn't been 100 percent "all season," and that he's dealing with an ankle issue.
"He is beat up right now," Ryan said. It's an interesting admission since Taylor wasn't on the Week 5 injury report. Ryan's Monday words assure he will be for Week 6. Taylor was previously listed with a chest issue. Regardless of the ailments he's played through, Taylor has continued to produce as a fantasy QB1. That's what he'll be against the Bengals next Sunday.

Source: Mike Rodak on Twitter
Oct 12 - 1:35 PM

Uh oh. Bills just signed QB Josh Johnson. Rex Ryan had said yesterday that Tyrod was pretty sore but I think most people didn't think much of it. Signing a 3rd QB to the active team is rather disconcerting...

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports Tyrod Taylor could miss "multiple games" with a sprained MCL, and that the Bills are preparing for E.J. Manuel to start against the Bengals.
Per La Canfora, Taylor suffered the injury on a horse-collar tackle in Sunday's win. It's a bit out of left field, but La Canfora's report seems firm. Coach Rex Ryan said Taylor was "beat up" on Monday, but gave little indication he could miss Week 6. Taylor missed only one snap against the Titans. We wouldn't consider Taylor's Sunday absence a guarantee just yet, but owners obviously need to start making other plans

Just set my lineup this morning putting Manning on the bench and then this news. Gotta roll the old man out there one more week.

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports Tyrod Taylor could miss "multiple games" with a sprained MCL, and that the Bills are preparing for E.J. Manuel to start against the Bengals.

Per La Canfora, Taylor suffered the injury on a horse-collar tackle in Sunday's win. It's a bit out of left field, but La Canfora's report seems firm. Coach Rex Ryan said Taylor was "beat up" on Monday, but gave little indication he could miss Week 6. Taylor missed only one snap against the Titans. We wouldn't consider Taylor's Sunday absence a guarantee just yet, but owners obviously need to start making other plans
The Bills already signing a 3rd QB to the active roster seems to indicate pretty heavily that Tyrod will miss this week.

Unless he's significantly improved from his time as a Raven, he's far too inaccurate with poor decision making to play QB full time.
Apparently he has significantly improved because he has shown good accuracy and mostly good decision making over the last month.
I'll give him that. He had some great throws in tight windows last night. Still he needs to quit running or he will end up getting hurt. It's ok to scramble and then dart out of bounds. it's not a good idea to run up the middle of the field and take shots. A defender or he other team as a whole is really not going to care about a 15 yard penalty if he can take out the #1 QB and in comes EJ Manuel or Cassel.
Was a matter of when, not if.

I was feeling pretty smug with T-Mobile backing up ARod. But now with ARod's bye week coming up not feeling so sure. Hope T-mobile comes back week 7 or I'm screwed.

I was feeling pretty smug with T-Mobile backing up ARod. But now with ARod's bye week coming up not feeling so sure. Hope T-mobile comes back week 7 or I'm screwed.
While I have no info on the injury other than what's in the media right now, I'd be surprised if they sat him week 6 just to bring him back week 7 against Jacksonville with a bye week for week 8. If they're gonna sit him, makes sense to sit him weeks 6-8, hope EJ can beat either Cincinnati/Jacksonville, and then have Tyrod back week 9 after the bye. Again though, just a guess.

Its been a QB carousel for me.

1. Drafted Peyton Manning

2. Drafted Tony Romo

3. Wound up starting Romo

4. Cut Manning

5. Romo gets hurt.

6. Picked up Tyrod

7. Tyrod gets hurt

8. Now picked up Josh McCown

Steve Tasker said:
Raiderfan32904 said:
While I have no info on the injury other than what's in the media right now, I'd be surprised if they sat him week 6 just to bring him back week 7 against Jacksonville with a bye week for week 8. If they're gonna sit him, makes sense to sit him weeks 6-8, hope EJ can beat either Cincinnati/Jacksonville, and then have Tyrod back week 9 after the bye. Again though, just a guess.
I agree with this assessment. Not expecting TMobile back until week 9. I'm trying to trade for him now as I'm willing to take on the Tyron owner's bye week pain in exchange for ROS upside.

Its been a QB carousel for me.

1. Drafted Peyton Manning

2. Drafted Tony Romo

3. Wound up starting Romo

4. Cut Manning

5. Romo gets hurt.

6. Picked up Tyrod

7. Tyrod gets hurt

8. Now picked up Josh McCown
Similar except I didn't invest in QBs much during our draft:1. Drafted Ryan Tannehill

2. Drafted Joe Flacco

3. Cut Flacco for TT

5. Benched Tannehill

6. Picked up Bortles cut Tannehill

7. Tyrod gets hurt

8. Now starting Bortles :oldunsure: while contemplating clsaiming McCown tonight

I don't really have the roster space to carry 3 & don't trust BB as my only option. I also fear if TT will be less effective as a runner after he returns.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Rex doing a poor job of trying to play the game and attempt to force the Bengals to prepare for both Tyrod and Manuel.

Rotoworld:

Tyrod Taylor - QB - Bills

Bills coach Rex Ryan confirmed Wednesday that Tyrod Taylor is dealing with a sprained MCL.

MCL sprains are ordinarily multi-week injuries. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported Wednesday that the Bills were calling free agent quarterbacks early in the week and telling their agents that Taylor wouldn't play against the Bengals in Week 6. They wound up signing Josh Johnson. Ryan refused to rule out Taylor following Wednesday's practice, where Tyrod was listed as "limited." Ryan did acknowledge E.J. Manuel will get the "majority of reps" in this week's practices.

Source: Buffalo News

Oct 14 - 10:09 PM

Users who are viewing this thread