What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Rap/Hip Hop Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I guess I’m just stuck in a different era but it just sounds like he’s talking over beats to me. It’s boring as ####. 
I feel like it is from our era.

Sounds great feels great.

I could do without the "yeahkthskthk" whatever the eff that is.

Pusha T is definitely winning right now.

Drake needs to come with a "back 2 back" comeback.

And, sorry....MS, cancer, whatever...nothing should be off limits. 

I don't understand why people are upset about the Drake blackface thing. Drake is (kind of) black and is wearing a Jim Crow shirt and hoodie, seems pretty clear he was making a statement there (made more obvious from the other pic from the shoot)? 

Also, both songs are pretty great.

I'm excited that non-hip hop shows are talking about this.  One show made a point that Drake has an album coming out and he'll be making press rounds.  EVERYONE is going to ask him about the kid and the blackface photo.

It's going to be a hell of a summer.

I don't understand why people are upset about the Drake blackface thing. Drake is (kind of) black and is wearing a Jim Crow shirt and hoodie, seems pretty clear he was making a statement there (made more obvious from the other pic from the shoot)? 

Also, both songs are pretty great.
It was supposedly pics that he did modeling for a local clothing line.

I can't really say whether it's appropriate for a person of color to wear blackface, even for satire/parody or whatever. I dunno. Obviously Push took exception to it. 

It was supposedly pics that he did modeling for a local clothing line.

I can't really say whether it's appropriate for a person of color to wear blackface, even for satire/parody or whatever. I dunno. Obviously Push took exception to it. 
Based on the reaction im seeing most black folks arent feeling the blackface thing.  He is going to have to explain it at some point.  Doesnt bother me depending on the context but either way it hurts his standing with black folks and black women who are a big part of his demo. 

Pusha really destroyed Drake. 

1.  He hurt his new sneaker line as it was named Adidon.  Now it will always be associated with this track.  People will google it and see him in blackface and read about him being a dead beat.

2.  Alot of his fanbase(which include alot of women) likes him for being a good guy.  Again, big shot to his image if the deadbeat dead stuff is true. 

Those two things regardless of his response are quite damaging and where quite calculated by Pusha.  I dont think anyone expected this but Pusha baited him and executed flawlessly.

Im told Drake is releasing a response very shortly. It would have to be epic at this point to recover.  :popcorn:

Gotta be honest...I think I'm buying Pusha here. These aren't your usual diss track insults. These are very specific (like almost too specific) claims that I don't think many people would throw out there if they didn't have some kind of knowledge. Seems fishy.

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2018/05/31/drake-financial-support-baby-mama-since-birth-of-son-pusha-t/

"Despite what Pusha T wants people to think -- Drake's been quite the opposite of a "deadbeat dad" behind the scenes, financially supporting his alleged baby mama through and after her pregnancy ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Drake tell us the rapper's been cutting checks to ensure Sophie Brussaux -- the woman Pusha T claims Drake has a secret sonwith -- lives comfortably. We're told Drake's been supporting Sophie since she gave birth, and just before that as well.

Our sources say Drake plans to take a DNA test to figure out any possible future legalities, but he feels there's a slight chance the kid is his.

And get this -- sources working on Drake's new album tell us he planned to reveal everything about his new son on his upcoming album -- a plan that will obviously need some tweaking. 

As we reported ... Pusha T shocked the music world with a diss track targeting Drake's ethnicity, his childhood and claiming Drizzy was the father to a secret son. 

Drake's yet to fire back."

Something I was wondering...

Drake uses the "N" word about 10 times in each of his songs (granted, it's the soft version of the word). He's half black. His alleged son with this Sophie chick will be a quarter black.

Is the son allowed to use the "N" word?

Drake uses the "N" word about 10 times in each of his songs (granted, it's the soft version of the word). He's half black. His alleged son with this Sophie chick will be a quarter black.

From what I've noticied and heard in interviews, acceptable use of the N word largely correlates with how black you look.

allowed is generally determined by the recipient.  TBH no one should really be using it but it is usually acceptable if you are a part of younger hip hop culture and you are a impoverished minority.  I'm black but wasnt impovrished yet i can use it around my friends however i cant go use it around my grand parents.  That's not allowed.  I also know white kids who use it around their black friends who "allow" it.  but if they use it around people who dont know them.... likely not allowed(and may lead to a beatdown).  Basically its complicated and most people i know generally try not to use it but it has at this point become a part of slang so.....  :shrug:

PinkydaPimp said:
allowed is generally determined by the recipient.  TBH no one should really be using it but it is usually acceptable if you are a part of younger hip hop culture and you are a impoverished minority.  I'm black but wasnt impovrished yet i can use it around my friends however i cant go use it around my grand parents.  That's not allowed.  I also know white kids who use it around their black friends who "allow" it.  but if they use it around people who dont know them.... likely not allowed(and may lead to a beatdown).  Basically its complicated and most people i know generally try not to use it but it has at this point become a part of slang so.....  :shrug:
much like the word coksucker

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like J Prince has quashed/stopped the Drake/Pusha beef. It's a "loss" for Drake, but Drake's next album is going to make a gazillion dollars and it probably would've gotten worse the longer it went on.

The new Kanye suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks
I don't think it's that bad but it's kind of a safe, unambitious mediocrity, especially by Kanye standards.  It would have been better if he reached for something higher and failed spectacularly.

I don't think it's that bad but it's kind of a safe, unambitious mediocrity, especially by Kanye standards.  It would have been better if he reached for something higher and failed spectacularly.
The beats are nice, as usual, but the rhymes are elementary school. 

New Nas album tomorrow. Better than Christmas Eve. 
Was just coming in to post this.  Listening on Spotify right now. 

Jay-Z and Beyonce with a collaboration album out now, too. 

eta* When Nas settles into the beat finally on "White Label" you're reminded why there's maybe nobody better -- ever.  

I don't love the new Nas.

It seems like his flow doesn't really match up with the beats too well in a lot of cases. I'm not sure if that's an issue with the production or the flow.

I don't love the new Nas.

It seems like his flow doesn't really match up with the beats too well in a lot of cases. I'm not sure if that's an issue with the production or the flow.
It's true. I'm listening to DAYTONA right now because I tired of the new Nas really quickly. He needs to get up in the beat but can't at times. I'm going with just a bad match instead of assigning blame.  

Really?  I liked the Nas.  still that Royce >>>>>>

oh and its disrespectful that jay dropped the album same day as Nas.  smdh.

Really?  I liked the Nas.  still that Royce >>>>>>

oh and its disrespectful that jay dropped the album same day as Nas.  smdh.
Yeah, White Label was growing on me but it seemed too staccato for me. 

I'm listening to the Royce album because of your recommendation. I've always liked Royce. He and Black Milk made quite the team on Deadly Medley. I liked Caterpillar. Eminem's verse was pretty good.  

Kanye.  He did Nas, he did Cudi and Pusha and his album.  All 7 tracks long.  all dropped in the last month.
Cool, I new about the Cudi, Ye and Pusha. I didn't make the obvious connection to Nas. Interesting. The Nas really didn't do much for me. 

Does anyone follow the drama around Tekashi 6ix9ine?  His music is pretty terrible, but some of it, I admit, makes me want to rob my own house.  

But his antics are even more fascinating.  Guy is terrible, but a fascinating follow.  Start with his Power 105 interview if interested.

Straight trash, but it's ok for a nice 10 mile run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJjsm6CVsG8

Some chiller stuff - this song isn't too bad. The model in it is hot AF, and at the end he walks around Dominican REpublic handing out 100 dollar bills to everyone which is cool I guess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5WrgDzNIZ0

Does anyone follow the drama around Tekashi 6ix9ine?  His music is pretty terrible, but some of it, I admit, makes me want to rob my own house.  

But his antics are even more fascinating.  Guy is terrible, but a fascinating follow.  Start with his Power 105 interview if interested.
His music is beyond awful but he and some other similar guys are very popular with the HS kids. He seems like a real ####ty guy. 

Users who are viewing this thread