What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Rap/Hip Hop Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I'm loving the new Little Brother and Rapsody albums!!

I'm a rather silly guy so the 'inside the producer's studio' skit on the Little Brother album cracks me up

Also the new Murs & 9th Wonder album is very good too

New Post Malone album is out. It's the giganuts upon first listen (yes i stayed up all night for it so you shouldn't value my opinion at all)

I cant believe there's a song with Post Malone, Travis Scott and Ozzy Osbourne. 

Also this probably doesn't even belong here. It's really just a pop album. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My random good newer stuff from the past month or two... (you guys have expressed appreciation that I post these so I'll keep doing it)

Young M.A - Big - probably my favorite rap song of the year. The beat, the lyrics, and the video are all awesome. Wasn't a huge Young M.A fan before this but she's actually pretty nice.

"I took her to the crib and I had fun with that
Now come and get your mother back, I'm done with that
Yo, I just copped a pocket rocket
For all you n***s pocket watching
Why your rollie tick-tick-tocking?
Ay, uh, I F* her during tax season, perfect timing"

Juice WRLD and NBA Youngboy - ignore the absolute mumbling in the beginning.

Post Malone - Saint Tropez - To me this is a banger. Best song on the new album. Lyrics are a little corny though. 

My random good newer stuff from the past month or two... (you guys have expressed appreciated that I post these so I'll keep doing it)

Young M.A - Big - probably my favorite rap song of the year. The beat, the lyrics, and the video are all awesome. Wasn't a huge Young M.A fan before this but she's actually pretty nice.

Post Malone - Saint Tropez - To me this is a banger. Best song on the new album. Lyrics are a little corny though. 
this young MA knocks!

is this off an album?  i need to check this.

BTW have folks been following the Shaq and Damian Lillard diss tracks?  Its been pretty dope. 
Yeah, new album is called HERStory. I think it came out a few weeks go. I haven't been through a lot of it, her older stuff that was good is OOOUUU and the Quiet Storm Freestyle 

Like I said, I ignored most of her stuff for years til "Big" came out. I just enjoy she's not a Nikki or a Cardi B. She's a really good rapper, no pop stuff. 

My random good newer stuff from the past month or two... (you guys have expressed appreciation that I post these so I'll keep doing it)

Wow is a good one off that Post album

Catching up category:

Blast from 2013. Just purchased Earl Sweatshirt's Doris on LP. I'm loving this.

For those inclined to the Wu, "Molasses" with the RZA. Pretty dope stuff.

Listening to Late Registration now. Noticing the font on the front in yellow is eerily similar to Marvin's What's Going On, only flipping the capitalization pattern.  An ambitious project with Jon O'Brion, the production still sounds really, really good for an album that came out a decade and a half ago.

Here's my end-of-the-year list for best rap albums of 2019:

1.  Danny Brown - uknowwhatimsayin?

2.  Earthgang - Mirrorland

3.  Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana

4.  Little Simz - GREY Area

5.  Rapsody - Eve 

6.  2Chainz - Rap or Go to the League 

7.  Brother Ali - Secrets & Escapes 

8.  Maxo Kream - Brandon Banks 

9.  YBN Cordae - Lost Boy 

10.  billy woods & Kenny Segal - Hiding Places

11.  Denzel Curry - ZUU

12.  Dreamville - Revenge of the Dreamers III

13.  Yugen Blakrok - Anima Mysterium 

14.  Boogie - Everythings for Sale 

15.  Big K.R.I.T. - K.R.I.T. IZ HERE 

Mine:

Because the internet
Acid Rap
Book of Ryan
Good kid, m.A.A.d city
PRhyme
Tetsuo and Youth
and the Anonymous Nobody
Section 80
To Pimp a butterfly
Cadillactica

Honorable mention:
Return of 4eva
King Remembered In Time
Beauty and the beast
American Badass
Elmatic
Bad meets evil

if Detox drops then im assuming its the end of the world. 

Ive only heard 2 songs.  Not bad. 
Its only 10 tracks long and Jay-Z is on almost all of them which is cool since they both drop jewels the whole album BUT since we have been waiting so long I was expecting more of a truly solo project, not a duet.

Joyner Lucas finally dropped ADHD album though almost all the songs were already released earlier... but no Eminem track (I did really like Lucky You). On the album that I already heard and like was Isis, Revenge, Lotto, and Broke&Stupid. Devils work and Will are really good / interesting but probably not to listen to over and over. The only new one I heard that I like is I Lied. 

Anyone have any favorites from ADHD or before? he’s my favorite rapper today (and not only because he is also from MA). He is quite talented and versatile. I also do like his old remixes like Mask On and his deeper songs like I’m Sorry. And with him, most songs better with his video (or reaction videos). 

Have you all been following club quarantine?!its been excellent!  D-nice is showing the world why he’s been one of the most in demand djs in the world.  

speakung of great djs jazzy Jeff is recovering from pneumonia and has hinted at a live set soon.  Can’t wait.

I wanted to watch that.  When does that come on?  I like lil dicky.  Pause.  👀
I caught it on Hulu.  Season is almost over so a quick binge candidate.  Not as good as Curb Your Enthusiasm but definitely has a similar style of self deprecating humor (same guy who co-created Curb worked with Dicky).  The show shines when Dicky interacts with current MCs and tries to find his lane within the culture.  

I didnt mind it.  The Bmore club sample was dope and the video.... well yea.  That second link is a must watch. 
Oh, I didn't mind it either. I should watch all of it. I watched the first minute, actually. I'm just doin' a little hyperbole here.

Malik B sadly died a week or 2 ago, FTR, in case anyone missed it.
I just got a copy of Phrenology a little while ago (a few months ago) and I'm convinced "Water" is easily the best song on there, and that it's likely in part inspired by him.

I have a sad feeling the cause of death will require a toxicology report.

R.I.P.

Users who are viewing this thread