Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em

Costco rules. We kicked Sams Club to the curb - that place sucks. It's just a bigger Wal-Mart.

Neither here, closest is about 30 miles away, but we are getting a Sam's soon. Yay? <_< We've been teased with Costco for years, maybe now that Sam's is coming Costco will follow.

Don't know anything about your market, but the bolded might not mean much. Sam's has been in the city I live in and the city I come from both for around 20 years, give or take, with no Costco in sight. I'd assume a city needs to be up well over 100K for a market to support both.

I'd love to have a Costco too, but I like Sam's quite a bit.

we're moving to an area that has both a Sam's and costco. Sam's is closer by about 10 miles, and we've had a Sam's membership for 5 years now and use it twice a month on average, mostly for fruit and stuff for the kids' lunches.

Is costco worth the extra half hour (driving both ways)?

Wouldn't be for me...but I hate wasting time on anything

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am humbled make aware of revolutionary product, male fun mouth sleeve toy happiness   Look at features have: Intelligent Heating --- Male sex toys, all masseurs Smart heating masturbation

Recently picked up a toilet brush that was very highly rated on Amazon. Long story short, I think I’m going back to toilet paper.

Ok I started the list. I will organize this list and break it down into categories and then start an "official" FBG Approved Products thread. From here on out please do a better job with your items na

Costco rules. We kicked Sams Club to the curb - that place sucks. It's just a bigger Wal-Mart.

Neither here, closest is about 30 miles away, but we are getting a Sam's soon. Yay? <_< We've been teased with Costco for years, maybe now that Sam's is coming Costco will follow.

Don't know anything about your market, but the bolded might not mean much. Sam's has been in the city I live in and the city I come from both for around 20 years, give or take, with no Costco in sight. I'd assume a city needs to be up well over 100K for a market to support both.

we're moving to an area that has both a Sam's and costco. Sam's is closer by about 10 miles, and we've had a Sam's membership for 5 years now and use it twice a month on average, mostly for fruit and stuff for the kids' lunches.

hence the question. saving money and higher quality products wouldn't neccessarily be a waste of time.

hence the question. saving money and higher quality products wouldn't neccessarily be a waste of time.

I guess it just depends on your personal situation. In my experience, Sam's is cheaper, but Costco has better quality products, customer service, etc. It's the Wal Mart/Target comparison.

If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't drive that extra 30 minutes just to go to Costco...but that's me. I always thought Sam's had good produce.....not sure what you mean by "stuff for the kids' lunches", but I doubt that in an of itself would merrit an extra 30 minute trip every 2 weeks. :shrug:

Does anyone else do the Costco Executive Membership ($110) You get a refund (2%) each year based on products you purchase (No gas/tobacco). You have to make ~$2700 in a year to cover the extra $55. You probably get some other benefits, just never looked to hard at it.

Another Costco heads-up. Costco and Amex are going thru a divorce, and in April 2016 Citi will replace Amex as the 'brand card' and Visa will be the only 'credit card' allowed; MC/Visa debits will still be allowed.

Edited by Mr. Ected

Love my used LG G2s. Awesome video quality, speedy processor, now running Lollipop, less than $150 on eBay.

I've got 3 of them now. Just got my daughter an inferior in every way iPhone 5S used for about $200. Stupid Apple.

Does anyone else do the Costco Executive Membership ($110) You get a refund (2%) each year based on products you purchase (No gas/tobacco). You have to make ~$2700 in a year to cover the extra $55. You probably get some other benefits, just never looked to hard at it.

Another Costco heads-up. Costco and Amex are going thru a divorce, and in April 2016 Citi will replace Amex as the 'brand card' and Visa will be the only 'credit card' allowed; MC/Visa debits will still be allowed.

We have it, but don't get there enough to make any sense. Originally, when we signed up they had a deal where if you didn't spend enough, they'd refund you the difference. So they'd give you the $55 back or the 2% whichever was larger. I don't think they do that anymore, so we're going back to the standard membership when ours is up.

We have it, but don't get there enough to make any sense. Originally, when we signed up they had a deal where if you didn't spend enough, they'd refund you the difference. So they'd give you the $55 back or the 2% whichever was larger. I don't think they do that anymore, so we're going back to the standard membership when ours is up.

Over the last couple years, we have bought a new second refrigerator, so we have more space for Costco items, as well as couple of big things (TV, iPods for kids) so that we have received more than the difference in refund. :) We also have it within a couple miles of our house, so we go there frequently.

Over the last couple years, we have bought a new second refrigerator, so we have more space for Costco items, as well as couple of big things (TV, iPods for kids) so that we have received more than the difference in refund. :) We also have it within a couple miles of our house, so we go there frequently.

Yeah, ours is 20 minutes up the interstate when Sams is about 5 minutes away. We have both, but I wish Costco was closer.

ExOfficio Boxer Briefs. Got turned on to these by a Slickdeals thread and really like them (when they are on the sale price). While I'm on the subject, http://slickdeals.net is a great site as a deal aggregator. Yes, some stuff is clearly paid to be propped up on the front page, but setting deal alerts has been great, especially when a kid wants an expensive lego set or something like that. Since I do a lot of buying on Amazon, the site CamelCamelCamel also lets you know if the price you are paying is a good deal compared to other Amazon prices.

Yeah, my refund covers my whole membership and then some. Costco is the only brick and mortar food store I shop at so I spend $100/wk easily. Do you know if I can use any visa or does it have to be a citi visa? That would be nice to be able to have just the one credit card. I like my Chase sapphire visa.

That sucks - I was getting another 2-3% back from using my Starwood AMEX.

Puma sport socks from Costco.

Wearing them right now. :thumbup:

Even have them in extended size.

Worth it to me but an extra half hour driving is nothing to me living in Los Angeles.

Yeah, my refund covers my whole membership and then some. Costco is the only brick and mortar food store I shop at so I spend $100/wk easily. Do you know if I can use any visa or does it have to be a citi visa? That would be nice to be able to have just the one credit card. I like my Chase sapphire visa.

It sounds like you will be able to use any Visa CC, just that the Citi will be the Costco branded card, with your picture on it so you can use it for an entrance card (one less in your wallet!) among other things.

That sucks - I was getting another 2-3% back from using my Starwood AMEX.

This is what we did too. Though I switched over to my WF Propel Amex several months ago.

I used different AMEX cards while it was AMEX, so hopefully it will be the same case with Visa.

Can anyone suggest a camping cot that they would recommend?

I have the REI Comfort Cot, but it doesnt look like the sell it anymore. Gander Mountain has one that's very similar. I slept on this thing last weekend on the beach under the stars and I swear my back felt better in the morning than it does when I sleep in my expensive bed at home.

Awesome. Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

I did not renew my Costco membership. I shop for two people. I don't like storing tons of food or anything else for that matter. Great store. Don't need it. :shrug:

I believe in Amazon.

I have weird feet, abnormally high arches and exaggerated insteps, size 13 4e. I have custom lasts filed away at three different bespoke shoemakers. My dress shoes and non-athletic casual shoes have been custom made to fit (expensive so not many pairs but they last forever). Btw I think everyone should have shoes custom made from their own last at least once.

4 mainstream brands of athletic shoes make extra wide sizes, Asics but they break down on the outside toe, Nike but their 4e is too narrow, Reebok which is hit and miss and New Balance. I believe in New Balance.

Puma sport socks from Costco.

Wearing them right now. :thumbup:

Even have them in extended size.

:goodposting:

I wear size 12 shoes and most size large ankle socks I've worn in the past...addidas, Nike, etc end up sliding below my ankle bone when I work out and it leads to uncomfortable rubbing on the sides of my ankles. The 10-13 Pumas from Costco are slightly larger and don't do that.

I did not renew my Costco membership. I shop for two people. I don't like storing tons of food or anything else for that matter. Great store. Don't need it. :shrug:

I believe in Amazon.

I have weird feet, abnormally high arches and exaggerated insteps, size 13 4e. I have custom lasts filed away at three different bespoke shoemakers. My dress shoes and non-athletic casual shoes have been custom made to fit (expensive so not many pairs but they last forever). Btw I think everyone should have shoes custom made from their own last at least once.

4 mainstream brands of athletic shoes make extra wide sizes, Asics but they break down on the outside toe, Nike but their 4e is too narrow, Reebok which is hit and miss and New Balance. I believe in New Balance.

Before we had kids and especially before we had the second refrigerator, we had a hard time justifying Costco; with 3 growing little ones, it's easy!!!

Worth it to me but an extra half hour driving is nothing to me living in Los Angeles.

it will be mostly highway driving in Alabama. Not exactly LA traffic :X

feeding 6, four of them growing boys (plus I eat a lot), we'll absolutely have a warehouse membership.

Teva sandals

:shiver:

I'm not sure there is a worse fashion choice available in any form of clothing or accessory.

I don't much care about fashion where sport sandals are concerned. I care about comfort, function, and durability. Teva Omniums put anything similar that I've tried to shame.

Teva sandals

:shiver:

I'm not sure there is a worse fashion choice available in any form of clothing or accessory.

I don't much care about fashion where sport sandals are concerned. I care about comfort, function, and durability. Teva Omniums put anything similar that I've tried to shame.

I'm not sure about the concept of sport sandals. Should that be a thing?

Everything >>> crocs

I have a great pair of Crocs that I only wear around the house like slippers. They are incredibly comfortable, and have a nice sole that has a really good grip. Since I never wear them outside, looks don't matter.

Yeah, ours is 20 minutes up the interstate when Sams is about 5 minutes away. We have both, but I wish Costco was closer.
For us, Costco is 15 minutes, Sams 5.

We go to Costco without a second thought.

• Like 1

I have this backpack I use for bike commuting and just about every other thing you'd use a backpack for. It's awesome.

I've got the exact same on in Orange.
I got this bag a year ago. Best bag I have ever had. http://www.timbuk2.com/especial-medio-cycling-backpack/435.html
Nice

Holy crap that looks familiar -- are we in the same Home Ec class?

That's a sweet bag even for the non-serious cyclist.

The guy in the picture is clearly a serious modern hipster cyclist. Did you not see his beard and cut-off skinny jeans? Surely his bike has no more than one gear.

I have this backpack I use for bike commuting and just about every other thing you'd use a backpack for. It's awesome.

I've got the exact same on in Orange.
I got this bag a year ago. Best bag I have ever had. http://www.timbuk2.com/especial-medio-cycling-backpack/435.html
Nice

Holy crap that looks familiar -- are we in the same Home Ec class?

That's a sweet bag even for the non-serious cyclist.

The guy in the picture is clearly a serious modern hipster cyclist. Did you not see his beard and cut-off skinny jeans? Surely his bike has no more than one gear.

I use this bag for biking to and from work, and used it all over Italy on our trip. Love it.

:blackdot:

interested on the windshield cleaner and stain remover :thumbup:

ETA: not for the same reasons :unsure:

Edited by Nathan R. Jessep

Gorilla Glue

Gorilla Tape

PB Blaster rust breaker

Estwing hammers

Teva sandals

I had a couple rips in my trucks tonneau cover, and last year I put a piece of gorilla tape over them as a cheap quick fix. I put a hairdryer on them to heat it up and make sure it stayed. The darn things have not loosened and still look like the day I put them on.

Everything >>> crocs

I have a great pair of Crocs that I only wear around the house like slippers. They are incredibly comfortable, and have a nice sole that has a really good grip. Since I never wear them outside, looks don't matter.

I love the non-slip sole on the regular Bistros that I have, but the no holes thing is rough. I only wear those in the restaurant. I go with the Classic Croc for beating around the house (and doing a bunch of other things because it doesn't bother me to wear ugly rubber shoes in public).

• Like 1

hate to say it but...comcast internet. Can't remember the last time my internet was down. And it's DAMN FAST in my neighborhood. Fast enough to work remotely from home controlling my 2-screen desktop at work.

hate to say it but...comcast internet. Can't remember the last time my internet was down. And it's DAMN FAST in my neighborhood. Fast enough to work remotely from home controlling my 2-screen desktop at work.

Yep most hated company but the internet is rock solid.

Everything >>> crocs

I love the non-slip sole on the regular Bistros that I have, but the no holes thing is rough. I only wear those in the restaurant. I go with the Classic Croc for beating around the house (and doing a bunch of other things because it doesn't bother me to wear ugly rubber shoes in public).

Have one pair of Crocs for inside and one for by the pool. I don't care what the look like when I'm at my house.

These Crocs are the most comfortable house shoes / around the yard flip flops known to man. They are also butt ugly.

Probably worn them more than any article of clothing I have ever owned.

Just ordered on your recommendation, will report back. I work from home and slippers just don't last long enough.