What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (2 Viewers)

Our yellow Dyson was 18 years old and needed replacement. Loved it.

The newest Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal + Allergy is insanely expensive at $600 but I like that the "Cinetic" requires no filters and never loses suction. Wife wanted the Animal  :unsure: .

Bought it "Like New" on Amazon with free shipping for $359. Box was damaged (who cares?) but saved boatloads.  

No kidding. She vacuumed a "reasonably clean to the naked eye" area rug and it filled the canister. This baby is beastly. 

https://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Cinetic-Ball-Animal-Allergy/dp/B00SMLJPS2
How'd you get the scratch and dent piece?

boots11234 said:
How'd you get the scratch and dent piece?
Under "More buying choices." You can page through them or on the left side there are sort options such as Like New, Very Good, Good, Acceptable, Refurbished. I was originally going to get a Very Good one for about $20 less than Like New, but the Like New is for sure unused. Amazed that the discount is so large for a damaged box. They put the taped up damaged box in a new Amazon box anyway. No-brainer.

General Condition Guidelines

The following guidelines apply to all product categories unless otherwise indicated within specific categories.

Note: "Refurbished," "Used – Good," and "Used – Acceptable" can be used only where noted as acceptable within specific categories.

New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened item in its original packaging, with all original packaging materials included. Original protective wrapping, if any, is intact. Original manufacturer's warranty, if any, still applies, with warranty details included in the listing comments.

Refurbished: Used only if noted within specific categories. A refurbished product has been professionally restored to working order. Typically this means that the product has been inspected, cleaned, and repaired to meet manufacturer specifications. The item may or may not be in its original packaging. The manufacturer's or refurbisher's warranty must apply and should be included in the listing comments. Refurbished items are sometimes referred to as "remanufactured."

Used - Like New: An apparently untouched item in perfect condition. Original protective wrapping may be missing, but the original packaging is intact and pristine. There are absolutely no signs of wear on the item or its packaging. Instructions are included. Item is suitable for presenting as a gift.

Used - Very Good: A well-cared-for item that has seen limited use but remains in great condition. The item is complete, unmarked, and undamaged, but may show some limited signs of wear. Item works perfectly.

Used - Good: Used only if noted within specific categories. The item shows wear from consistent use, but it remains in good condition and works perfectly. It may be marked, have identifying markings on it, or show other signs of previous use.

Used - Acceptable: Used only if noted within specific categories. The item is fairly worn but continues to work perfectly. Signs of wear can include aesthetic issues such as scratches, dents, and worn corners. The item may have identifying markings on it or show other signs of previous use.

"The world's best glass cleaner" by Sprayway is most definitely the best glass cleaner I have ever used.

Comes in a giant shaving cream looking can and sprays on like foam. It's the real deal.
It may actually be pretty much foam shaving cream. I use plain cheap Barbasol on my bathroom mirrors. It gets them super clear and the shaving cream actually keeps them from fogging up.

About a year ago I bought a powerbank/jump starter like this.   The one I bought is 13600 mAh.    It also came with adapters for laptops, lightning cable and microusb.  I've used it to jump start a couple of other people's cars and my boat.  Today the battery on my truck (6.2L V8) was dead. Because I was in my garage and the truck won't go into neutral with a dead battery, I needed a jump box or something since there was no way to get another car close enough to jump start it.  My traditional jump box was dead, but I pulled the powerbank off of my boat and it started my truck right up, even though it hadn't been charged in months.   Even after starting the truck, it still had 80+% power.   

I'm putting that one back on the boat and bought the one in the link to keep in my truck.    These things are awesome for the price.   

About a year ago I bought a powerbank/jump starter like this.   The one I bought is 13600 mAh.    It also came with adapters for laptops, lightning cable and microusb.  I've used it to jump start a couple of other people's cars and my boat.  Today the battery on my truck (6.2L V8) was dead. Because I was in my garage and the truck won't go into neutral with a dead battery, I needed a jump box or something since there was no way to get another car close enough to jump start it.  My traditional jump box was dead, but I pulled the powerbank off of my boat and it started my truck right up, even though it hadn't been charged in months.   Even after starting the truck, it still had 80+% power.   

I'm putting that one back on the boat and bought the one in the link to keep in my truck.    These things are awesome for the price.   
Agreed. I have one like it and used it a few times last year on my new SUV that had some battery issues, and since used it on my 79 Scout when it had a belt slippage issue. Thing is fantastic. 

The problem I have with this sort of item is the 3-year warranty.  Hell, I might not even use it for 10 years.  Who knows if it'll work then?

The problem I have with this sort of item is the 3-year warranty.  Hell, I might not even use it for 10 years.  Who knows if it'll work then?
It's $60.   If it lasts 3 years and saves you in one emergency situation, it's worth it.   

I've used mine to charge phones, power a laptop, jump start cars and jump start a boat over the course of a year or so.   If it fails at 4 years I've totally gotten my money's worth.

DXL is a big and tall store. Their stuff is very expensive, but very well made. In my opinion, worth it. Although I've lost some weight and can't shop there anymore. 

The Paint Brush Cover

The Roller Cover

I got laughed at when I first brought these babies onto the job site.

Within a month, every pro work truck had them in stock.

They both work as advertised. The only drawback, is that the thicker exterior brushes won't fit.

For that, generic tupperware can do the job....but not quite as well.
interesting... keeps the paint wet? And the label says something about chemicals? Is there some sort of fluid in it, or is that just in reference to the plastic housing?

The Paint Brush Cover

The Roller Cover

I got laughed at when I first brought these babies onto the job site.

Within a month, every pro work truck had them in stock.

They both work as advertised. The only drawback, is that the thicker exterior brushes won't fit.

For that, generic tupperware can do the job....but not quite as well.
interesting... keeps the paint wet? And the label says something about chemicals? Is there some sort of fluid in it, or is that just in reference to the plastic housing?
The "chemicals" are just in reference to the plastic housing. The California Proposition 65 Warning is not something I am worried about for normal usage. However, I would advise against eating, snorting or shooting the plastic. ;)

The dry plastic case makes for a great protective cover for clean brushes & roller covers, but the true value is in keeping the brush/roller cover wet over an extended period of time (I have personally kept a brush/roller cover wet and in perfect condition after 3 weeks in a case.) Also, it is not just for long term storage, it is great on the job site to keep a brush/roller cover in during lunch or when switching back and forth between brushes/roller covers. In a hot temperature, brushes/roller covers can almost dry during usage...much less when just sitting around. I really like that it also keeps the brush/roller cover clean when wet and keeps them from messing up the work area as well.

The method is: load the brush or roller cover with paint as normal, and then place in the container. The air tight seal will keep the solvent (water, mineral spirits, etc.) from evaporating further. Simple and effective.

Highly recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may actually be pretty much foam shaving cream. I use plain cheap Barbasol on my bathroom mirrors. It gets them super clear and the shaving cream actually keeps them from fogging up.
GD, exactly how do you use this? Just spread it around and wipe it off with a paper towel? Wash it off with water? Squeegie? I get tired of the streaks left by Windex.

GD, exactly how do you use this? Just spread it around and wipe it off with a paper towel? Wash it off with water? Squeegie? I get tired of the streaks left by Windex.
Yup, just spread it around and wipe off with a paper towel or other clean cloth. Mirror will be clean and it won't fog up in that area. It does take a bit more work to make sure you get all the film off, but it works really well.

I've had an LL Bean backpack for about 25 years.  I used it in college and we still use it all the time for camping, hiking, whatever.  Thing is indestructible.  
Same. No idea if the current ones are the same quality, but mine is still a champ after almost 30 years.

Mrs. Rannous said:
Mr R found out about Shave Secret from you guys.  That stuff is awesome.

Thanks.  He was having a lot of skin irritation from shaving.  That is just over.
What don't I know about types of skin that makes them claim on their main page, "...for men and women of ALL ethnic groups"?

Just an FYI for future issues, all (with a regular shifter) cars and trucks can be put in neutral with a dead battery. There should be a tiny cover near the shifter that you can pry off with a screwdriver. Then, press the button down with the screwdriver and you can shift freely. Same with most hatches/trunks that only pop open with no outside key. There's an inside lever that is usually hidden under a cover on the trunk/rear hatch. I've had a few dead batteries to deal with and in a garage you can be a little constrained trying to get the car in position to be jumped. Lost a starter too but that car was in an empty parking lot. 

What don't I know about types of skin that makes them claim on their main page, "...for men and women of ALL ethnic groups"?
:shrug:

All I've got for you from friends is the term "ashy" and differences in the characteristics of facial hair potentially leading to more ingrown hairs when shaving.

flapgreen said:
Family member has one of those bug guns that shoots salt. It's deadly. I probably killed 50 flies. 
I have to admit that salt shotgun looks really fun.  Does it make much of a mess though?

shuke said:
I don't have one bromigo but why do you need to clean it just leave the cheese in there and put it in the fridge and then you'll always have freshly grated cheese ready at hand and you can take that to bank.
:lmao:

Looking for suggestions for a good travel backpack.  Something that would be good to use while out sightseeing for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread