What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (1 Viewer)

I’m starting to travel a bit more for work, and looking to move from my current shoulder bag to a backpack, that can fit laptop, tablet, some relevant files, book, chargers, and whatever other oddities that I may throw in there, and looks professional.  I will probably use it as my daily work bag.

I was looking at the Timbuk2 The Authority bag. Any thoughts on that, or any other suggestions?  It seems a bit pricier than some other options, but the reviews are pretty solid on it, and it seems to have a bit more of a professional look for work.
Can't speak to the Timbuk2 bag, but I've been using this eBags laptop backpack for work for the past few years and love it.  It's looks pretty similar to the Timbuktu bag  you linked and it's on sale for $50 off right now. 

Can't speak to the Timbuk2 bag, but I've been using this eBags laptop backpack for work for the past few years and love it.  It's looks pretty similar to the Timbuktu bag  you linked and it's on sale for $50 off right now. 
Thanks.  It looks pretty similar; main difference seems to be capacity — 21L versus 28L.  I guess I’ll have to decide if I need the extra capacity, as that sale price is pretty good.

Ordered The Damned Damned Damned Damned record last night. Saw an Amazon truck on our street this morning. Thought "No, can't be." 

Sure enough...

Crazy. Overnight delivery of an obscure item. I believe in Prime.  

Thanks.  It looks pretty similar; main difference seems to be capacity — 21L versus 28L.  I guess I’ll have to decide if I need the extra capacity, as that sale price is pretty good.
Agree with this.  That's the only minor downside of the eBags backpack.  It has plenty of room for all of my laptop accessories, but not for much else.  It's got a separate zippered compartment next to the laptop section where I put my portfolio/notebook type stuff, but there's not much room for anything else.  For commuting to/from work, it totally works for me, but I wouldn't take it as a carry-on on a trip for instance because I'd need more space.  I use a completely  different backpack for traveling.

I’m starting to travel a bit more for work, and looking to move from my current shoulder bag to a backpack, that can fit laptop, tablet, some relevant files, book, chargers, and whatever other oddities that I may throw in there, and looks professional.  I will probably use it as my daily work bag.

I was looking at the Timbuk2 The Authority bag. Any thoughts on that, or any other suggestions?  It seems a bit pricier than some other options, but the reviews are pretty solid on it, and it seems to have a bit more of a professional look for work.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793DK4XF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_eoflCbJNCN19K

I love this thing.  I use it everyday for work as i take my laptop home.  Used it for several trips as well with no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Henry Ford My wife got me a Buttercloth shirt for Christmas.  It fits nicely and seems comfortable.  Have you laundered yours yet or only dry cleaned?  Curious how important it is to not throw this in the wash.  Also, I feel like this is a length designed to not be tucked in.  Your thoughts?
I got one of these too.  Haven't worn it yet.  Work is business casual (dress slacks, dress shirt), but I can wear jeans on Friday, so I'll probably rock it then since it's a more casual looking shirt.  I'm not sure I've ever been more excited to wear a piece of clothing.  So ******* soft and stretchy.  

I've had a ful free fallin' for some time now.  I carry an older 17" Dell Laptop, a newer Sony 17" laptop (it's ultra thin) and an iPad plus all kinds of other things.  I "think" I got mine at Costco but I cannot recall.  The only difference between mine and the in the link is that mine is black.  There are a couple of things I really like about it, the first being capacity, I can carry a lot of crap in this thing.  Secondly is the design, I thought the little back pads were a silly gimmick when I bought it but it turns out those are really useful, I like that a lot.  The back straps are thick and padded, that helps too.  I don't know if you can notice it or not but the bottom is some sort of thick vinyl, mine has hardly any wear and I think I've been using mine for at least two years now.  There's a ton of little extra pockets and pouches on the thing as well plus the zippers are all metal, again, mine has held up very well.

ebags has a killer replacement policy.  Most suitcase companies won't warranty wheels or zippers (which are the only things that break).  When a wheel broke on my ebag, they gave me 3 options: replace the entire bag, take it to an authorized shop to get it fixed, or have them ship me the replacement part to replace myself.

There's a good chance I continue to buy from ebags based on that alone.

I got the Kreg K4 Jig and used it for all of the cross supports and ends for the 2" X 4" frame. Super easy to use and makes work quick and accurate.
Getting ready to build garage shelves and need to do this kind of work on maybe four small cross supports x 2. Still happy with what you got out of this product? Does this setup have to be attached to something to use, like a workbench? Or can you just plop it on the floor and do your thing?

I got one of these based on your recommendation and love it  :thumbup:  

It's super-sturdy and it seems like every day I find a new pocket I didn't know about. Not too pricey either.
Excellent!  Glad you like it.  I'm cheap, something about being an engineer i guess, so i love the price point and sturdy construction.

Few items (a couple could be repeats)

Baffin Winter boots and shoes - Not the most stylish but they are fantastic at keeping your feet warm. Baffin also has fantastic customer service but they were recently bought by Canada Goose so that may change. Below are the shoes/boots I own

Moment SmartPhone Lenses  - Started with the Tele 58mm lens and I was amazed at how incredible the pictures were. I am using a Pixel 3 and with the "portrait mode" you get absolutely amazing results. 

Bath Towels:  Aman Turkish bath towels are insanely soft and absorbent. Wash and dry them twice as soon as you get them though. 

Cleaning Product: Cold Pressed ORANGE OIL Concentrate - This stuff is really great. I mix a capful with water in a spray bottle  and I have a far superior cleaning product than anything else I have tried. Bonus -- It smells amazing. You can use it on almost any surface and it's also an insect killer. 

Probably been mentioned but the TCL Roku 5 & 6 series TVs are a great option for cord cutters who don't want to break the bank.  Got the 65" 6 series for $900 and couldn't be happier.
Well I guess I could be happier now that the price has dropped about $400 presumably because they are going to start rolling out 75" models presumably 7 Series (which is higher than 6 so...better).

Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Few items (a couple could be repeats)

Baffin Winter boots and shoes - Not the most stylish but they are fantastic at keeping your feet warm. Baffin also has fantastic customer service but they were recently bought by Canada Goose so that may change. Below are the shoes/boots I own

Moment SmartPhone Lenses  - Started with the Tele 58mm lens and I was amazed at how incredible the pictures were. I am using a Pixel 3 and with the "portrait mode" you get absolutely amazing results. 

Bath Towels:  Aman Turkish bath towels are insanely soft and absorbent. Wash and dry them twice as soon as you get them though. 

Cleaning Product: Cold Pressed ORANGE OIL Concentrate - This stuff is really great. I mix a capful with water in a spray bottle  and I have a far superior cleaning product than anything else I have tried. Bonus -- It smells amazing. You can use it on almost any surface and it's also an insect killer. 
I have been up in the air between the Moment and SandMarc.

Do you notice and blurs around the edges?

Bump for Audioquest's Dragonfly paired with a Jitterbug and Grado Sr60e headphones. 

If you listen to a lot of music on your computer or phone through headphones, these are budget components anybody can own that make audiophile lists for best budget components to invest in. You don't need to a typical FBG to do it. It makes such a difference.  

And I don't work for either company, nor get anything but satisfaction of the awesome music.   

YMMV vary on the looks of the Grado and the bass response, but the mids and highs are perfect.  I've had people tell me it can't handle like something like Kendrick Lamar's DNA, so if that's what you listen to, probably not the headphones for you.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793DK4XF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_eoflCbJNCN19K

I love this thing.  I use it everyday for work as i take my laptop home.  Used it for several trips as well with no problems.
Ok - after bananafish and a couple others recommended this as well, i figured I'd test it out this week and return it if I didn't like it.

I like it. Will be keeping it. WAAAYYYYY better than spending 3x+ on a backpack that I'd hope would be just as good but might not be.

I could see you overloading it just because it has space, but I've used it to separate every piece of my key "bring to client site" materials and carry comfortably. I didn't see mentioned, but it also has a nice thing strap that allows it to be slipped over your suitcase handle and sit on top of suitcase like many laptop bags as you go through airport and such.

Getting ready to build garage shelves and need to do this kind of work on maybe four small cross supports x 2. Still happy with what you got out of this product? Does this setup have to be attached to something to use, like a workbench? Or can you just plop it on the floor and do your thing?
Sorry I missed this earlier.

I haven't used it since I built my shelves but it was absolutely worth it.

It clamps to the wood itself so no need for a bench. Basically lines up the 2" X 4"s (or other dimensional lumber) for perfectly square, aligned pocket screws.

Sorry I missed this earlier.

I haven't used it since I built my shelves but it was absolutely worth it.

It clamps to the wood itself so no need for a bench. Basically lines up the 2" X 4"s (or other dimensional lumber) for perfectly square, aligned pocket screws.
Actually the large jig needs to be clamped to a workbench, and then the board gets clamped into the jig.

@DallasDMac you don't have a workbench?  Do you have sawhorses?

shuke said:
This, right?

I imagine you could hold the jig but I'm guessing it would want to move around once you started drilling.  I bought the system that came with the clamp shown in that pic.
Looks like that is their K4 Master System which includes additional accessories over the basic K4.

I really had no issues stabilizing my work (mostly done on the garage floor) but I could see where clamping to a bench top would make life easier.

shuke said:
Actually the large jig needs to be clamped to a workbench, and then the board gets clamped into the jig.

@DallasDMac you don't have a workbench?  Do you have sawhorses?
Unfortunately no. I have zero space right now, which is why I need the shelves. Garage is supposedly two car but, honestly, only if it was two smart cars. I should have paid for the extra three feet they put out to the side or whatever.

we talking about ronco? i have two & theyre amazing. i usually inject the bird with cajun spices then do a hot & spicy rub. so damn good. also it gets so hot you can put a pan ontop of it & it will cook a side for you.

I ordered $150 battery-heated gloves from one of those pricey catalogs - sucked.  Sent them back.
I've been fighting the aftermarket heated steering wheel problem for a long time - I get miserable when I drive with frozen hands, but I bought a low-price car and have been in it for 10 years.

I use an aftermarket heated steering wheel, and it sucks.  It was the highest-rated one I could find, but that's not saying much - nobody likes any of the models out there.

I looked at heated gloves.  They're super-expensive, and their ratings are also crappy.  I've given up - I'll keep using the crappy steering wheel heater until I buy a new car, where a heated steering wheel will be a requirement.

Best bang for the buck item in the world might be hand warmers.
Just want to reaffirm this. It's been as low as -20 over the last two days skiing and that would make your fingertips dangerously cold in even some of the best gloves. It's nothing with hand warmers. They are heaven sent. The difference between a hellish experience and an all-world one.

Users who are viewing this thread