What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (1 Viewer)

Any suggestions for something to spoil yourself (or wife) or just make life at home in general a little better?

I got one of these solar-powered motion lights back in the fall, and have been impressed with it.  Especially this past week when I had no power for several days. At night, I was the only house with a light shining when I walked outside. And it puts out more light than I expected. I fashioned a corner mounting bracket out of some scrap wood and metal angle braces I had laying around. when activated, it lights up my entire driveway and about half of my front yard. Thinking about getting another one for the back yard. 

Yes, I paid 200 dollars for a trash can. Would do so again. Big fan

https://www.simplehuman.com/pages/step-can
We have gone through four (4) of their motion or voice activated sensor dual recycler cans over the last few years. 

They seem to last less than a year, and they have all been babied and not used and abused at all.

Pretty poor Quality Control and long term reliability.

https://www.simplehuman.com/products/rectangular-sensor-can-with-voice-control-58l-dual-compartment

The proprietary bags are genius. Love their business model, when do they IPO?
Typically use the Costco 13 gallon bags.  Have a stack of the SimpleHuman coded ones that we never use.

simplehuman is great.  We've had their dish rack for many years and love it as well.
Yes, we have the standard in our kitchen and compact at our studio apt.  These are great.

We have gone through four (4) of their motion or voice activated sensor dual recycler cans over the last few years. 

They seem to last less than a year, and they have all been babied and not used and abused at all.

I have the step on one. Don't really see the need for a motion activated one. 

the moops said:
Ted Stickles said:

Ted rolls on another level man

the moops said:
It's great in the kitchen, when it works. Agreed though on the step. I think we are going to replace it with your step can version.

Ted rolls on another level man
Thankfully they have been covered and replaced under their warranty, so kudos to them for that. 

But in all seriousness, we are on our fourth replacement.

Any suggestions for something to spoil yourself (or wife) or just make life at home in general a little better?
What kind of price range?

We recently replaced our fridge with a french door version and like it a lot.

My wife continues to mention how happy she is that she bought a Herman Miller chair and nice second monitor for work at home.

You could start using a grocery service like Shipt - that's been really nice for us during quarantine and we might stick with it.

What kind of price range?

We recently replaced our fridge with a french door version and like it a lot.

My wife continues to mention how happy she is that she bought a Herman Miller chair and nice second monitor for work at home.

You could start using a grocery service like Shipt - that's been really nice for us during quarantine and we might stick with it.
I don’t really have one to be honest lol. I did just order a new 65” OLED from Costco so that takes care of me but would still like to get something for the wife. Was really thinking of something to spoil and/or pamper her now that I have the tv. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't get much more frivolous than designer garbage bags.

I have been wearing Criquet Shirts for close to a decade now.  Absolutely love them.  

And recently I've really liked what Belong Designs has been doing clothes-wise.  

Criquet polos M-F and then a Belong shirt (or a different t-shirt and Belong hat) on weekends or to go out with buddies.

If you're in the market for some new threads, I highly recommend these companies.

I've always been a fan of jalapenos but most are honestly a little too spicy for my palate.  I know everybody deals with spice differently and even though they can be a little too intense for me I would still eat them.  Somehow I stumbled across these "tamed" jalapenos at Publix the other day that I never knew existed (note: I don't do the grocery shopping much) and they are a revelation.  Just the perfect amount of heat and the flavor and crunch of the slices are outstanding.  I've already bought 3 more jars.  Love these things.  Highly recommend.

Mezzetta Tame Jalapeno Peppers

Seems like a great time to throw some more ideas in here... I'm at the end of my own online shopping ideas...

Any recommendations for an outdoor misting fan?  Something light and compact may make sense, for ease of moving inside/outside as the weather demands.

I got one of these solar-powered motion lights back in the fall, and have been impressed with it.  Especially this past week when I had no power for several days. At night, I was the only house with a light shining when I walked outside. And it puts out more light than I expected. I fashioned a corner mounting bracket out of some scrap wood and metal angle braces I had laying around. when activated, it lights up my entire driveway and about half of my front yard. Thinking about getting another one for the back yard. 
Still recommend?

I don’t really have one to be honest lol. I did just order a new 65” OLED from Costco so that takes care of me but would still like to get something for the wife. Was really thinking of something to spoil and/or pamper her now that I have the tv. 
Costco sells jewelry.  

matuski said:
That annoyed with the scam.  Even you having to order separate knockoffs on amazon is ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous for me to buy knockoffs that fit the can and are priced about the same as any other kitchen trash bags? 

-edit-

I bought 200 count, that will last me 2+ years. Not a hassle in the slightest

Why is it ridiculous for me to buy knockoffs that fit the can and are priced about the same as any other kitchen trash bags? 

-edit-

I bought 200 count, that will last me 2+ years. Not a hassle in the slightest
That you need to order specific bags at all.. a hassle no other trash can requires.  :shrug:

That you need to order specific bags at all.. a hassle no other trash can requires.  :shrug:
It's pretty obvious when you buy it that it requires specific trash bags. That you returned it after a year is the most ludicrous thing I have heard in some time.

Reminds me of a friend who would eat like 2/3 of a sandwich then call the waiter over and tell him that something was off with the sandwich and he isn't going to pay for it

It's pretty obvious when you buy it that it requires specific trash bags. That you returned it after a year is the most ludicrous thing I have heard in some time.

Reminds me of a friend who would eat like 2/3 of a sandwich then call the waiter over and tell him that something was off with the sandwich and he isn't going to pay for it
I spend a large amount of money at costco, their return policy is a great feature and I use it when I am not satisfied.

Why would your friend eat 2/3rds of a sandwich and not pay for it?  I'd talk to him about that.

I'm thinking about buying a stationary bike and was wondering if you guys have any recommendations.  I have a bad back so I want to get one with a seat back.  I also don't want to spend more than $300 if I can help it.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I'm looking to buy a new stereo.  I'd like something small but still sounds good.  I kind of liked that Bose system, even though I remember many here don't like Bose that much.  I'm not set on any particular brand, but that's basically what I'm looking for - something small with built in speakers but still sounds good.  Any recommendations?

I'm thinking about buying a stationary bike and was wondering if you guys have any recommendations.  I have a bad back so I want to get one with a seat back.  I also don't want to spend more than $300 if I can help it.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.
I have had a couple Schwinn recumbent stationary bikes over the years.  Good for bad backs and playing video games.  Both lasted 10 years or more.  I think the base model is closer to $500 though.  

Office Owl Caster Wheels. These have made my office chair much better. 
Thanks for the rec on these.  Got my wife a set for her birthday and she basically thought it was a gag gift.  I said "just wait, this was a direct recommendation from my gb ifriends in the Products you Believe In thread."  She was somewhat incredulous, to say the least.  But once I got them on the chair, she couldn't stop talking about them, having others test them out, etc.

Gotta love this thread :)

Thanks for the rec on these.  Got my wife a set for her birthday and she basically thought it was a gag gift.  I said "just wait, this was a direct recommendation from my gb ifriends in the Products you Believe In thread."  She was somewhat incredulous, to say the least.  But once I got them on the chair, she couldn't stop talking about them, having others test them out, etc.

Gotta love this thread :)
On carpet?

Users who are viewing this thread