Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Derrick Henry, Titans

So that's the full context.

See the underlined part? That has caught the attention of many.

Mularkey has said 10k times that Murray is the guy, Murray is the feature back Murray is the....and now he just opened the door a crack that Henry could be a large part of it instead.

I don't agree with this quote having such meaning and exaggerating it, but it is fun to do

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh hell no I ain’t reading that 

there is no presser on Saturday. There are usually guessers on ff sites- because that's what we want them to do- but don't leap like it's news.  Jim Wyatt will absolutely have ya covered here. He

Derrick Henry going 99 yards while stiff-arming people into the sun weeks after everyone who drafted him cut him, traded him or vowed never to start him again is the most Derrick Henry thing ever.

6 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

WRs are brutal, maybe the worst in the league. Would help create some space for the backs if they at least had a threat. I do like Henry in dynasty though.

I think the WRs are arguably worse in Philly, LA and SF.  

And I do think Rishard Matthews will step up and be a good threat at WR for them this season. 

It won't take very long for Henry to overtake Murray IMO.  If he outperforms Murray early on, which is clearly possible, that's all it can take for Henry to assume that lead role.  Bottom line, he looks "special".  You can just see it with certain guys.  Now if he has even respectable hands, the sky is the limit.  

3 minutes ago, LOCO said:

you would you rank him in the jennings/ivory/gio/foster/jones/matthews/abdullah group?  some of this guys have jobs, but kid look so damn good.

Think Gio is ahead of this group but liking Henry above the rest now.  34/216/3.  Preseason shmee-season.  This kid looks like a beast.  

5 minutes ago, LOCO said:

you would you rank him in the jennings/ivory/gio/foster/jones/matthews/abdullah group?  some of this guys have jobs, but kid look so damn good.

He's better than all of them except for abduallah and gio 

25 minutes ago, Borden said:

I'm liking Henry too and I'm happy that everyone is excited. But maybe we need to pull the reins back just a bit. Preseason. 

When no names go off in preseason, you pull the reigns back.  When the heisman winner dominates , u take notice. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, thehornet said:

So people cantbe excited now?

Not saying that, it's great that people think he should just take over the top spot over Murray after a few pre season games, go back and look at the David Wilson thread, tons of excitement in that one.

Also look at B.Cooks thread from last pre season.

Or the J.Finley thread from a couple years ago.

7 minutes ago, Jake22 said:

Not saying that, it's great that people think he should just take over the top spot over Murray after a few pre season games, go back and look at the David Wilson thread, tons of excitement in that one.

Also look at B.Cooks thread from last pre season.

Or the J.Finley thread from a couple years ago.

Or the Adrian Peterson thread, Chester.

Henry is such a physical freak from a height / weight / speed  standpoint that I really think you have to go way way back for a realistic comp.  Brandon Jacobs comp is a joke, and quite frankly is lazy, as Henry has much better long speed and is flat out a much better runner than Jacobs ever thought of being.  Henry is a downhill runner and is an absolute nightmare when he gets a full head of steam.  Jacobs was a battering ram, Henry can be just a physical but looks to, and can get to, the second level and has the long speed to take it to the house.

Henry will be a great pro - I've been watching football for 40+ yrs and have been fascinated with RBs since I was a kid.  This kid is old school, Sam Cunningham and Chuck Muncie are two big backs that come to mind when I look at Henry.  Thing is, Henry looks just as strong but with much better long speed and therefore I think he will be better than both, perhaps much better.  I'm all in on this kid.

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, elguapo07 said:

Henry is such a physical freak from a height / weight / speed  standpoint that I really think you have to go way way back for a realistic comp.  Brandon Jacobs comp is a joke, and quite frankly is lazy, as Henry has much better long speed and is flat out a much better runner than Jacobs ever thought of being.  Henry is a downhill runner and is an absolute nightmare when he gets a full head of steam.  Jacobs was a battering ram, Henry can be just a physical but looks to, and can get to, the second level and has the long speed to take it to the house.

Henry will be a great pro - I've been watching football for 40+ yrs and have been fascinated with RBs since I was a kid.  This kid is old school, Sam Cunningham and Chuck Muncie are two big backs that come to mind when I look at Henry.  Thing is, Henry looks just as strong but with much better long speed and therefore I think he will be better than both, perhaps much better.  I'm all in on this kid.

Hes von miller playing rb. 

10 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

I don't see how they don't give him 15 touches off the bat ... when his YPC increases more than Murray, I can easily see Murray being the 3rd down back (he does catch well)

The same thing was said about Shaun Alexander his rookie year. He averaged 4.9 a carry, which was only second to his best season ever in which he averaged 5.1 a carry. Ricky Watters averaged 4.5 a carry in Alexander's rookie season. Final total carries for the season, Watters 278 carries, Alexander 64. Both played 16 games that year.

11 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Hes von miller playing rb. 

Guys with his height, weight and speed normally don't play RB, they are either LB or TE.  Skeptics think he's miscast as a RB and don't think he can successful as a RB because he's not between 5 10 - 6ft and weigh 220lbs, yet he's dominated at every level.  12k yds rushing at the HS level and then a Heisman trophy in college. 

Give him 20 touches a game and he will wear down a defense and he'll break one. 

16 minutes ago, Jake22 said:

So now Henry is Chris Johnson AND A.Peterson, oh kay got it.

Have you won the internet yet? No need to get upset bro.... And it is ok to be wrong. Out of college I didn't think HENRY would be a good pro. After watching his first preseason game I changed my mind. I guess I could have stayed stubborn but it's clear he is a special talent .... Really should have been a first round pick.

1 minute ago, ImTheScientist said:

Have you won the internet yet? No need to get upset bro.... And it is ok to be wrong. Out of college I didn't think HENRY would be a good pro. After watching his first preseason game I changed my mind. I guess I could have stayed stubborn but it's clear he is a special talent .... Really should have been a first round pick.

You know who did win the internet? Me! When I drafted Henry at 1.09 in a 16 team dynasty draft.

Go'Henry!

Hahahaha. I love the enthusiasm in here. It's way more fun when people are pumping a guy up instead of ripping him apart. 

Right now it's like just before a first date. It's exciting and looking great but let's not declare that this is our life long soul mate just yet. That's all I'm saying. 

Don't think that I'm not excited either. Henry looks awesome. I can't wait to see him get a bunch of carries and rumbling all over the place. 

What does everyone think of this... Murray gets 210 carries, Henry 210, Mariota 55, Other 50. That's 1 attempt less that Carolina (league most) had last year.

I drafted Henry as my RB4 (Ingram, Freeman, Duke) and added Ware after the draft. I also have DeAndre Washington. Upside from your middle rounds is all you can ask for, feeling pretty good ATM. Excited to see what his role will be, but no way I'm rolling with him to start the year.

Passes the eyeball test, and I'm middle aged with progressive lenses. 

• Like 1