Dynasty & Redraft: RB Derrick Henry, Titans

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh hell no I ain’t reading that 

there is no presser on Saturday. There are usually guessers on ff sites- because that's what we want them to do- but don't leap like it's news.  Jim Wyatt will absolutely have ya covered here. He

Derrick Henry going 99 yards while stiff-arming people into the sun weeks after everyone who drafted him cut him, traded him or vowed never to start him again is the most Derrick Henry thing ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's been a back to compare to Henry overall so to suddenly compare him to Ricky or Jamal is a stretch.

I confidently predict he's an old TD vulture.

When is he old? That's a gut call and to each their own. Trade him for enough that your return can cover you being way wrong but...it's gotta be a gut call.

Gurley and Gordon are quickly extra. RBs success is short lived, no doubt.

I'd give him 1500 in 2021 and 1200 in 2022 if you're looking for a prediction. The Titans line is too stout for their to be too much of a decline. Most telling for me has been since Lewan, they've averaged around EIGHT yards per carry around the corner. 

How can Henry not have success with that stellar lead block? Conversely, Lewan is coming back from injury and....maybe he'll slow down and Henry will. I think there's still time to ride this train but Lewan is also on a best ever type ride right now so watch him too to hedge your bets.

Murray led the NFL in rushing, Henry 2 or 3 times. What was a bad year? 1400 yards? Lewan has led the way as well as any lineman and could possibly enter a hallowed ground of sorts and be a 'best ever' type some day. Tackles are so talented nowadays, it seems like they gotta play ten years to even be considered best ever conversation. He's on the path...

On 4/13/2021 at 10:21 PM, Bri said:

I don't think there's been a back to compare to Henry overall so to suddenly compare him to Ricky or Jamal is a stretch.

I confidently predict he's an old TD vulture.

When is he old? That's a gut call and to each their own. Trade him for enough that your return can cover you being way wrong but...it's gotta be a gut call.

Gurley and Gordon are quickly extra. RBs success is short lived, no doubt.

I'd give him 1500 in 2021 and 1200 in 2022 if you're looking for a prediction. The Titans line is too stout for their to be too much of a decline. Most telling for me has been since Lewan, they've averaged around EIGHT yards per carry around the corner. 

How can Henry not have success with that stellar lead block? Conversely, Lewan is coming back from injury and....maybe he'll slow down and Henry will. I think there's still time to ride this train but Lewan is also on a best ever type ride right now so watch him too to hedge your bets.

Murray led the NFL in rushing, Henry 2 or 3 times. What was a bad year? 1400 yards? Lewan has led the way as well as any lineman and could possibly enter a hallowed ground of sorts and be a 'best ever' type some day. Tackles are so talented nowadays, it seems like they gotta play ten years to even be considered best ever conversation. He's on the path...

He’s one of those guys you ride until the wheels fall off if you’re a contender.  I think he could be one those RBs that is great when he is 30.

• Like 4
On 1/24/2021 at 10:47 AM, Spike said:

Right now, what is Henry's value in dynasty?  I'm trying to work out a deal involving him and have no feel.

This was a trade made in my 1 dynasty league late in the 2020 season

Nantucket gave up Drake, Kenyan ARI RB; Kirk, Christian ARI WR; Thomas, Michael NOS WR; Higbee, Tyler LAR TE; Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick from Nantucket; Year 2021 Round 4 Draft Pick from Nantucket; Year 2021 Round 5 Draft Pick from Nantucket; Year 2021 Round 6 Draft Pick from Nantucket; Year 2021 Round 7 Draft Pick from Nantucket; Year 2022 Round 1 Draft Pick from Nantucket; Year 2022 Round 4 Draft Pick from Nantucket; Year 2022 Round 5 Draft Pick from Nantucket; Year 2022 Round 6 Draft Pick from Nantucket; Year 2022 Round 7 Draft Pick from Nantucket

Montana gave up Henry, Derrick TEN RB; Peoples-Jones, Donovan CLE WR; Year 2021 Round 4 Draft Pick from Montana; Year 2022 Round 4 Draft Pick from Montana

there once was a guy named nantucket, who gave up everything and said #### it

I need derrick henry and I'll pay whatevers necessary

now hes got 2 tears in a bucket

or something like that

• Like 2
  • Laughing 6
7 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

or something like that

Yeah. Something like that. Two tears in a bucket...:lol: 

I have really nothing to add about Derrick Henry. That's beyond my pay grade. Depends on your roster. Anything after the 1.03 this year is suspect, in my opinion. Getting two mid-to-late round firsts doesn't sound like enough unless you're in a rebuild. I'd try and get younger, but who's paying premium prices for a twenty-seven year-old? Not many. Best to ride him out. Thankfully, the champion in our league has both he and Kamara (I say "thankfully" quite ruefully) and is going to easily make another run this year, so that question is out the window in the league I'm currently in.

Edited by rockaction
On 4/17/2021 at 4:19 AM, rockaction said:

Yeah. Something like that. Two tears in a bucket...:lol: 

I have really nothing to add about Derrick Henry. That's beyond my pay grade. Depends on your roster. Anything after the 1.03 this year is suspect, in my opinion. Getting two mid-to-late round firsts doesn't sound like enough unless you're in a rebuild. I'd try and get younger, but who's paying premium prices for a twenty-seven year-old? Not many. Best to ride him out. Thankfully, the champion in our league has both he and Kamara (I say "thankfully" quite ruefully) and is going to easily make another run this year, so that question is out the window in the league I'm currently in.

I agree, ride him out if you're a contender.  Unless you get a ridiculous offer.