Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Derrick Henry, Titans

2 hours ago, travdogg said:

Career carries aren't always the issue. If the Titans make deep, Henry could top 850 touches in 2 seasons.

That kind of workload is a ton for anyone. Larry Johnson had very few career carries before 2 pretty big years, and was never the same. Jamal Lewis and Ricky Williams both burned out from heavy use, despite being young. 

The problem with the tomlinson example, is that this was Henry's 5th season. Tomlinson already had 5 straight  300 carry seasons by this point and only had 2 good years after it, albeit 1 was his best.

I like Henry a ton, but I think it's more likely he peaked this season, and it's all downhill from here. Doesn't mean he'll suddenly suck, but I don't think it's a bad idea to sell this off-season if you can afford to.

At least in my leagues, any one you want to trade him to will put an emphasis on the downside. 

Sure, if someone offers you 4 firsts or something out of the blue you have to consider it. But trying to sell would be really tough imo.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh hell no I ain’t reading that 

there is no presser on Saturday. There are usually guessers on ff sites- because that's what we want them to do- but don't leap like it's news.  Jim Wyatt will absolutely have ya covered here. He

Derrick Henry going 99 yards while stiff-arming people into the sun weeks after everyone who drafted him cut him, traded him or vowed never to start him again is the most Derrick Henry thing ever.

2 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I’m not so sure wear and tear from too many carries is what “burned out” Mr. Ricky...🚬🚬💨💨

One could argue the physical toll from the wear and tear is why he turned to that in the first place.

38 minutes ago, travdogg said:

One could argue the physical toll from the wear and tear is why he turned to that in the first place.

Ricky was a phenomenal talent, but his heart was never fully into football. Interesting guy. I’d recommend diving into his life a little bit when you have the time. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, kutta said:

True, but worse than that, Cole Beasley got a vote???

:shrug: probably meant to vote for diggs but missed.

Derrick Henry rushed 18 times for 40 yards and added three receptions for 11 yards in the Titans' Wild Card loss to the Ravens.

The Ravens were simply ready for Tennessee's gameplan and took full advantage of their inability to pivot to a pass-heavy approach. Henry was taken down for a loss multiple times and his longest carry of the day was eight yards. Henry will still leave the 2020 season with his second consecutive rushing crown. He became the eighth player to top 2,000 rushing yards in a season. However, he'll likely remember the playoff loss more than individual accolades. Henry should enter the 2021 season as a top-five fantasy running back and likely deserves to be selected in the first half of the opening round of fantasy drafts.

- Rotoworld

• 2 weeks later...

An injury can derail anyone's career no matter how great, but so far, he has proven to be resilient to injuries and contrary to the claim that his style makes him jury prone, he actually is very adept at avoiding dangerous hits.  He tends to deal more damage than he suffers and he also uses stiff arms to avoid hard hits.  It would be foolhardy to expect another 2000 yard season although that is definitely possible. But I fully expect him to be in the 1000-1300 range for at least three to four more seasons and to continue scoring in double digits. 

Edited by az_prof
  • Like 1
On 1/24/2021 at 7:47 AM, Spike said:

Right now, what is Henry's value in dynasty?  I'm trying to work out a deal involving him and have no feel.

I would say he is worth at least a 1.02 rookie pick.

• 2 weeks later...

Derrick Henry has been named the Associated Press' Offensive Player of the Year. 

Offensive Player of the Year is frequently won by quarterbacks, though it is often used a back-door acknowledgment of special seasons by non-signal callers. Henry certainly had one of those in 2020, rushing for the fifth most yards in NFL history with 2,027. This, in the first year of a deal that was hotly debated. You may have heard that paying running backs has gone out of style. It's not usually the best allocation of resources, but Henry creates panic in opposing defenses the way few runners do. He frees up so much space for Ryan Tannehill to execute the Titans' play-action attack. Headed into his age-27 campaign, Henry is on a Hall-of-Fame trajectory. 

Feb 6, 2021, 9:44 PM ET

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's been a back to compare to Henry overall so to suddenly compare him to Ricky or Jamal is a stretch.

I confidently predict he's an old TD vulture.

When is he old? That's a gut call and to each their own. Trade him for enough that your return can cover you being way wrong but...it's gotta be a gut call.

Gurley and Gordon are quickly extra. RBs success is short lived, no doubt.

I'd give him 1500 in 2021 and 1200 in 2022 if you're looking for a prediction. The Titans line is too stout for their to be too much of a decline. Most telling for me has been since Lewan, they've averaged around EIGHT yards per carry around the corner. 

How can Henry not have success with that stellar lead block? Conversely, Lewan is coming back from injury and....maybe he'll slow down and Henry will. I think there's still time to ride this train but Lewan is also on a best ever type ride right now so watch him too to hedge your bets.

Murray led the NFL in rushing, Henry 2 or 3 times. What was a bad year? 1400 yards? Lewan has led the way as well as any lineman and could possibly enter a hallowed ground of sorts and be a 'best ever' type some day. Tackles are so talented nowadays, it seems like they gotta play ten years to even be considered best ever conversation. He's on the path...