What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Derrick Henry, BAL (4 Viewers)

"Me and Jalston played two years together (at Alabama), so just excited to be back with my boy," Henry told local reporters in Tennessee during a conference call on Friday. "Me and Jalston, we've got a close relationship. He was like my brother."

With help from Fowler, Henry ran for 990 yards and 11 touchdowns as a sophomore at Alabama in 2014 while averaging 5.8 yards per carry.

Fowler played in all 16 games for the Titans last season, rushing seven times for 13 yards and a touchdown and catching five passes for 44 yards and a score in addition to his contributions as a blocker.

"I'm definitely excited to have him in front of me," Henry said. "I know what he can do, and he knows what I can do."

Tennessee has clearly been focused on improving its running game after ranking just 25th out of the NFL's 32 teams in rushing offense last season.

The Titans traded for Murray earlier this offseason. With the 6-foot, 220-pound Murray and the 6-foot-3, 247-pound Henry, Tennessee general manager Jon Robinson said during a press conference on Friday that the Titans now have "two workhorse backs."

"He's a good football player, and I think that was evident in winning the Heisman Trophy,'' Robinson said of Henry, who ran for 2,219 yards and 28 touchdowns at Alabama last season. "He is big, he is physical, he is fast, and plays the kind of football we want to play. He is tough, he is accountable, and he is going to embody everything we are about as a Titan."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/04/derrick_henry_reunited_with_hi.html

Coaches always say this during the offseason and it never happens during the season.
Others replied with similar sentiment and I don't disagree but here's another from Titansonline

“I think we have a good group of backs,’’ Mularkey said. “Now we have a very competitive position, maybe one of the more competitive positions on the field. There will be a rhyme and reason why we are doing things with both of them at times. … It is a really nice thing to have.”

Biabreakable said:
I think if you need WR you should take the WR you like the most out of the top 3 mentioned, as I think all 3 have WR 1 upside in FF.

Then when it gets to pick 5. If Henry isn't there you get to add a second of these 3 WR. Improving your odds that at least one of them pans out for you and the chance that both of them will, thus solving your need at an important long term position.

If the other 2 WR are taken, oh well Henry will be there so draft him.
This strategy makes sense as well...

Biabreakable said:
Why?

Are they not all very good players?
I would be more interested in trading down from one of the two. Similar players can be had between 6-12.

Trading both for a stud veteran could also be viable.

If you go WR @ 1.02 and Henry is still on the board @ 1.05, you should be able to find a trading partner.

Biabreakable said:
I think if you need WR you should take the WR you like the most out of the top 3 mentioned, as I think all 3 have WR 1 upside in FF.

Then when it gets to pick 5. If Henry isn't there you get to add a second of these 3 WR. Improving your odds that at least one of them pans out for you and the chance that both of them will, thus solving your need at an important long term position.

If the other 2 WR are taken, oh well Henry will be there so draft him.
This is good ppr dynasty advice especially if you can start just 1 rb and as many receivers as you want in the flex.   That format blows and you've pretty much nailed why with your post.  Just draft receivers and hope you get lucky.  

This is good ppr dynasty advice especially if you can start just 1 rb and as many receivers as you want in the flex.   That format blows and you've pretty much nailed why with your post.  Just draft receivers and hope you get lucky.  
In the long term WR are just safer investments. Even in start 2-3 RB standard leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mularkey, Henry, Robinson, a lot of Titans talk on the radio today.

Mularkey did say Murray is the guy and that won't change. He's committed to that. Discussed conversation he had with Murray after the draft assuring him too.

Both in same backfield must have already been discussed because they all gave the same answer- triple option he used in Pittsburgh with El and/or Ward.

Mularkey and Henry both said his primary role will be a backup

Andrews and Fowler also discussed today-  didn't hear McCluster, Sankey, or Cobb

Jim Wyatt was on NFLN and said if they get a lead and have the ability to control the game, Murray 18 carries, Henry 8-10.

Henry fun facts:

Alabama bio

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/derrick_henry_844044.html

"A five-star prospect that is listed as the nation's No. 1 athlete..."

"...broke Ken Hall's 51-year-old national high school rushing record with 12,124 yards after rushing for 4,261 yards as a senior in 2012..."

"...finished his high school career with 153 rushing touchdowns, which ranks fifth all time, including 55 in 2012..."

"...only the third running back in SEC history (Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson) to have four 200-yard games in a single season..."

He obviously isn't as fast or elusive as Walker and Jackson, so is doing it differently, with size/strength more emphasized in his constellation of traits.  

* Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Henry

At nearly 6'3", 250 lbs. (kind of like a 30 lbs. heavier Dickerson, size-wise, speed and elusiveness-wise would be an unfair comparison), he was .5 of a second from running in the 4.4s (4.54), 22 BP reps is powerful for a RB and 37" vertical and 10'10" broad jumps showcase freakish athleticism and explosiveness for his massive positional height/weight dimensions/profile (in fact, they would be impressive at any size, even if he was 5'10", 180 lbs.). DJ, Frank Coyle and Lance Zierlein (see below) ALL comped him with Brandon Jacobs. Some will recoil at that suggestion and remember a late career, fading Giants plodder, but at a comparable stage of development, Jacobs also had remarkable athleticism for a big man.   

Lance Zierlein Scouting Report - NFL.com (son of ARI OL position coach or consultant, he does the individual scouting reports for the incoming rookie class prospects, a job formerly held by Dave-Te' Thomas).  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/derrick-henry?id=2555221

Overview

It's tough to accomplish more as a high school or college athlete than Henry did over the past five years. He won the 2012 Maxwell Club National High School Player of the Year award after setting a national record for career rushing yards (12,124, including 4,261 in his senior season) and scored 153 touchdowns. Then, despite breaking his leg in spring practices after graduating early from Yulee High (Florida), Henry averaged more than 10 yards per carry as a true freshman for the Tide (35-382, 3 TDs) and scored on a 61-yard reception -- his only one of the season. Even though the 6-3, 242-pound back started just two games as a sophomore, Henry consistently shared carries with T.J. Yeldon, covering 990 yards on just 172 totes (5.8 per) and scoring 11 times. He topped off his collegiate career by winning the 2015 Heisman Trophy, along with the Doak Walker, Maxwell, Walter Camp Player of the Year awards. The unanimous first-team All-American led the nation with 2,219 rushing yards and 28 rushing touchdowns last fall, more or less winning the Heisman by racking up 213 yards and three touchdowns against LSU in a showdown with fellow trophy hopeful Leonard Fournette (who had 31 yards for the game). His true "Heisman moment" came after he already owned the hardware, as he came up huge in the national championship game win over Clemson, carrying the pail 36 times for 167 yards and three scores.

Analysis

Strengths

One of the biggest running backs you will ever see. Can be a violent runner without even trying. Pummels tacklers with forward lean and dynamite behind his pads. Gives run-­support cornerbacks bad dreams. Rare top­-end speed for a runner his size. Long strides from second to third level cut into reaction time for safeties and often leave them a step short and grasping for air. Effective in zone, gap and power schemes. Rarely fatigues and wears down defenses as game goes on. Had 29.6 percent of his explosive carries come in the fourth quarter. Makes consistent, initial reads as a zone runner. Against Mississippi State, took outside zone run and cut it all the way back across formation out­racing defense for 65-yard touchdown. Led nation in missed tackles forced with 60. Uses subtle change of direction on the second level while keeping runs north/south. Used as a possession bully in short yardage spots and when Alabama wanted to impose their will.

Weaknesses

With almost 400 touches this year, scouts are concerned about his workload. Averaged almost 32 carries against SEC competition including 90 carries over his final two regular season games. Tall, long-strider who takes time to build up his speed. Average foot quickness can lead to tackles for losses if he gets too cute in the backfield. Needs to improve his second read as a zone runner. Ineffective in passing game with below average hands. Narrow based running style allows defenders to trip him up. More run­-finisher than tackle breaker with just seven broken tackles to Leonard Fournette's 22. Sluggish cut­back ability once he's outside the tackle box.

Draft Projection

Round 2

Sources Tell Us

"I can't see him in the first round because he's just a banger type and those guys don't go in the first. I like him, though. He reminds me a little of Marion Butts with how naturally physical he is. He will move chains and score touchdowns." -- NFC running backs coach

NFL Comparison

Brandon Jacobs

Bottom Line

Bell-cow running back with an ability to strap on feedbag and eat for four quarters. Henry's long legs and angular running style is a much better fit for downhill running teams who value lead backs and physicality. Henry needs early running room as he's not a creator in the backfield, but once he gets up a full head of steam, he is a nightmare with his ability to punish on the second and third level or take it to the house. Henry should come in and provide immediate production as a starter.

** Jacobs Wiki/bio

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Jacobs   

6'4", 265 lbs., reportedly ran a 10.8 100 m. and 21.59 200 m., virtually identical 4.56 40 and 37" vertical jump (though foot less in broad jump - 9'10"). He won two Super Bowls in his seven seasons with the Giants, rushed for 1,000+ yards twice and holds the franchise rushing TD record (60 regular season + 4 playoffs).  

Brandon Jacobs Sport Science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hpWSdYq2wg

On Shark Tank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWDPGTaUS3Y

Pro Wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bocCookcmi0

*** Derrick Henry's combine comparison is - Von Miller? NFL.com (another illustration of the super freak athleticism and explosiveness, matches up with the best on the opposite side of the ball - just as a RB can be like a LB, I remember in a Top 100 segment on Patrick Willis, about how in order to stop RBs as he used to with such ruthless efficiency, he had to have the vision, instincts, speed and stop-start ability of one to routinely knife through the blocking gauntlet and obstacle course he faced on a down-to-down, play-to-play basis).

A further breakdown shows how eerily similar Henry and Miller measured during their combine workouts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000639106/article/derrick-henrys-combine-comparison-is-von-miller

For a comp mash up, maybe Christian Okoye (if he had been born in the US and entered Azusa Pacific and KC as a natural football player?) and Eddie George?

"The Nigerian Nightmare" - KC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OO-w04DUv4 

George - Ohio State vs. Notre Dame ('95 Heisman Season) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4J1zIWlA14

Is Derrick Henry the Next Eddie George or Brandon Jacobs? (Move the Sticks 360 Series - NFL Network with DJ and Bucky Brooks)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ixhR4UJQ8

Henry fun facts:

Alabama bio

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/derrick_henry_844044.html

"A five-star prospect that is listed as the nation's No. 1 athlete..."

"...broke Ken Hall's 51-year-old national high school rushing record with 12,124 yards after rushing for 4,261 yards as a senior in 2012..."

"...finished his high school career with 153 rushing touchdowns, which ranks fifth all time, including 55 in 2012..."

"...only the third running back in SEC history (Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson) to have four 200-yard games in a single season..."
Henry is a complete enigma as far as how he will perform in the NFL.  All the stats point to him being a beast, but his body type just hasn't been seen in the modern NFL.  Not sure what to think of him as it relates to the NFL. Wouldn't be shocked by any result, good or bad.

Henry is a complete enigma as far as how he will perform in the NFL.  All the stats point to him being a beast, but his body type just hasn't been seen in the modern NFL.  Not sure what to think of him as it relates to the NFL. Wouldn't be shocked by any result, good or bad.
this was debunked earlier

Brandon Jacobs was an inch taller and 26 pounds heavier. Bob also mentions him in the post above yours

Cosell was on 104.5 discussing Titans backs and mentioned their reliance upon a powerful O-line. He said Murray and Henry have very very similar running style. He also said neither of them are creative.

When Murray flourished behind Dallas' great O line and then went to Eagles, many questioned their OL and he didn't have a lot of success.

The Titans had Lewan as about the only OL "to write home about" in 2015. They added some players and surely some could perform better with a new OL coach.

We haven't really had that conversation re Murray or Henry. Titans line and Eagles line are similar yuck. 

What's your thinking on the OL limiting these backs? Or are their additions enough to get it done?

Brandon Jacobs sucked.  
That's a bit harsh, I mean he did have two 1,000 yard seasons.   But Titans fans sure hope Henry does better. 

That said, I'm a Titans fan living in Alabama and won't be drafting Henry unless he falls out of the top 10.

Brandon Jacobs sucked.  
You're welcome to your opinion but as much as we've received from the Titans, Henry is looking at short yardage, GL work and 8-10 carries which is very much like Brandon Jacobs playing behind Tiki.

When Jacobs was the Giants feature back, one year they led the NFL in rushing and I believe another year they were top 5. He didn't stay healthy and wore down, Ward and Bradshaw were also key components too, but there most certainly was team success with Jacobs toting the rock.

Bri said:
Jim Wyatt was on NFLN and said if they get a lead and have the ability to control the game, Murray 18 carries, Henry 8-10.
A. 75% of the #### coaches say in the offseason about usage is BS

B. LOL

quit flaming me, posting this as a reply to whatever I share
I'm not flaming you. I don't flame people. I just thought it was funny because it applied so well to that post as well. I think I've posted here enough to get credit on that. I always appreciate your in depth thoughts on the Titans. I just wish you had a better team to cover.

I'm glad people have been criticizing Henry because I just got him at 1.05 and couldn't be happier.  He has good speed for a back his size and what surprises me is his lateral mobility and quick burst.  He also picks his holes well and follows his blockers.

In the Combine, I liked what I saw of his catching ability--he is not a 1-2 down back but can be an every down back.

The fact that he has so many carries in HS and College is a positive to me because it shows he is durable and carry a load.  

Murray may start year as starter but he will get hurt and when he does Henry will take over and never look back.

I'm glad people have been criticizing Henry because I just got him at 1.05 and couldn't be happier.  He has good speed for a back his size and what surprises me is his lateral mobility and quick burst.  He also picks his holes well and follows his blockers.

In the Combine, I liked what I saw of his catching ability--he is not a 1-2 down back but can be an every down back.

The fact that he has so many carries in HS and College is a positive to me because it shows he is durable and carry a load.  

Murray may start year as starter but he will get hurt and when he does Henry will take over and never look back.
Every big back that I can think of wore down quickly and the ones that lasted did have some injury concerns. 

McCluster is a fine 3rd down back in the old style way. He can catch n run with anyone and blocks fine. Andrews has shown good receiving skills for a bruiser type. He was their best blocker all offseason and season until he whiffed on a DT assignment and Mariota got hurt. Still one bad block (and a horrible play design to have him do that) doesn't make him a bad blocker. When Murray was drafted many thought he was "just" a third down back. Sankey is a very good receiving back that even fills in at WR.

They have the talent, there's no need to have Henry play a third down role.

Whether you go with the injury history or the roster depth or whatever, I doubt he's in on 3rd down unless it's 3rd n short.

From 1980? til 1995? (guess) many backs (many still after this point) just played first and second and got their yardage and TDs. I wouldn't let it affect projections on Henry much except receiving stats. Don't forget the Titans have an older than old staff too.

People are looking at previous teams to discuss WRs but not RBs, for some reason. Mularkey was with the Steelers 7 years and Jax and the Bills. There's a slew of bruising backs to pick from. They all somewhat suit Henry's style so consider that with projections.

I still very much expect year two, not year one, success but if you're on the Henry bandwagon for his rookie year so be it. He did win the Heisman.

Every big back that I can think of wore down quickly and the ones that lasted did have some injury concerns. 

McCluster is a fine 3rd down back in the old style way. He can catch n run with anyone and blocks fine. Andrews has shown good receiving skills for a bruiser type. He was their best blocker all offseason and season until he whiffed on a DT assignment and Mariota got hurt. Still one bad block (and a horrible play design to have him do that) doesn't make him a bad blocker. When Murray was drafted many thought he was "just" a third down back. Sankey is a very good receiving back that even fills in at WR.

They have the talent, there's no need to have Henry play a third down role.

Whether you go with the injury history or the roster depth or whatever, I doubt he's in on 3rd down unless it's 3rd n short.

From 1980? til 1995? (guess) many backs (many still after this point) just played first and second and got their yardage and TDs. I wouldn't let it affect projections on Henry much except receiving stats. Don't forget the Titans have an older than old staff too.

People are looking at previous teams to discuss WRs but not RBs, for some reason. Mularkey was with the Steelers 7 years and Jax and the Bills. There's a slew of bruising backs to pick from. They all somewhat suit Henry's style so consider that with projections.

I still very much expect year two, not year one, success but if you're on the Henry bandwagon for his rookie year so be it. He did win the Heisman.
Good points.

One thing I would add: people are down grading Henry because of the fact that Murray is there, but there are almost no teams that run one back exclusively. Very few bell weather backs anymore. Split time is the norm.  

And Murray is 28 so I agree with you that by next year there is a good chance that the starter is Henry, whatever role Murray has at that point.

So, I've been trying to identify a good comp player and I know this player is a special player, but I think the best comp is Ricky Williams.

Both of them are big players with unusual speed for players of their size.  Their physicals are very similar.

Coming out Ricky was 244 pounds and Henry is 247.

40 Times: Ricky, 4.56 and Henry 4.54

Standing Jump: Ricky 37 inches and Henry 37 inches

Long jump: 124 for Ricky and 130 for Henry.

Both players won the Heisman, but obviously Ricky was productive for four years whereas Henry was productive for two, and only played 3 compared to 4 for Ricky.  Henry's junior year, however, is statistically very similar to Ricky's Senior or Junior year--Ricky's two best.

Ricky was a bit stockier and ran a bit harder, but I think Henry has a bit more lateral movement and agility.

Ricky was a lot stockier and had a lot more lateral movement and agility.

Numbers shmumbers.

The comparisons around here, based on nothing but combine numbers, are getting worse and worse.

Ricky was a lot stockier and had a lot more lateral movement and agility.

Numbers shmumbers.

The comparisons around here, based on nothing but combine numbers, are getting worse and worse.
I agree that Ricky was stockier. But I think Henry has more lateral movement and agility.

I agree that Ricky was stockier. But I think Henry has more lateral movement and agility.
I completely disagree, but I apologize for "lashing out" at you.

It seems that the vast majority of posters around here know nothing about these guys but their height, weight, and 40 time.

As someone who actually watches a lot of college football, I cannot help but shake my head at 90% of the comparisons around here.

It seems that the vast majority of posters around here know nothing about these guys but their height, weight, and 40 time.

As someone who actually watches a lot of college football, I cannot help but shake my head at 90% of the comparisons around here.
Then you should probably take your posts to the Elitist College Football Minds forum and stop wasting your time responding to these knowledge-lacking chumps. 

No worries!  I didn't take offense at your challenging the comp.  It is a fair observation--Ricky is shorter and his weight more compact and he ran more North/South force as a result than Henry does IMO.  I did watch three or four complete games of Henry and that is where I am basing my claim about his lateral movement.  It surprised me really. Everyone talks about how big he is and assumes he is a pro-typical power back, but that isn't what I saw.

I swear the same exact quote was once said about Jacobs

Titans first-round pick Jack Conklin, an offensive tackle, said, "He looks like a D-end out there running the ball, but a little faster.”

Kuharsky posted videos of Henry doing drills.
First day, new drills, but he didn't look fluid and like a guy with nice lateral agility.

Mularkey was impressed with his pass blocking recognition-significant because he was not with Sankey or Cobb's day one. They were not as good in person as on tape in pass pro.

PK said something like "playing with 20 tryout guys" so it's not elite competition and Henry could look much worse trying to block Derrick Morgan than he does some tryout guy but...

Wearing a single digit, he looks thinner.

Well that's his first day

Check out PKs tweets and this article http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/19166/derrick-henry-shows-footwork-needs-work-at-titans-rookie-camp for more

First day, new drills, but he didn't look fluid and like a guy with nice lateral agility.
Sorry to quote myself, but I wanted to remind of something I said earlier. Big RBs (maybe all backs, but I noticed the bigger ones) always stand all stiff when they're nervous. Of the little these drills could show, it's that Henry is the same. If you want him for redraft, ya gotta see him get comfy in preseason. 

I imagine the day will come, but Sankey, Cobb, (and tons of RBs on tons of teams) have all been pretty useless til they hit that comfort point. Cobb last year is a perfect example. Look at him week 10-11 and then week 17. You'd never want the week 11 back on your FF team but the week 17 guy is interesting.

If he isn't comfy in preseason, I won't take him in redraft. I "can't" wait til the day comes that he's comfy

Texting back n forth with a friend who says the FB was in on almost every play.

That is (could be? it's just rookie camp) significant if it remains true. Titans have an excellent FB. Their weak RBs averaged 5+ypc with him blocking and he only played 8% of plays last year.

First glimpse of new offense, not to overreact, just something to chew on

He went to a team where RB's go to die at this stage. Hate the useage and RB rotations that Mularkey tries to do. This piece of news is concerning....

world) Titans coach Mike Mularkey suggested RB Dexter McCluster's roster spot is safe. Analysis: The additions of DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry mean the Titans will have to make some tough decisions at running back, but Mularkey made it sound as if McCluster is safe. "Were going to find as much balance as we can, and were going to try to keep people off-balance with personnel groupings," Mularkey said. "Dexter will have a role." With McCluster likely to make the team, David Cobb, Antonio Andrews, and Bishop Sankey are likely competing for one roster spot.

He went to a team where RB's go to die at this stage. Hate the useage and RB rotations that Mularkey tries to do. This piece of news is concerning....

world) Titans coach Mike Mularkey suggested RB Dexter McCluster's roster spot is safe. Analysis: The additions of DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry mean the Titans will have to make some tough decisions at running back, but Mularkey made it sound as if McCluster is safe. "Were going to find as much balance as we can, and were going to try to keep people off-balance with personnel groupings," Mularkey said. "Dexter will have a role." With McCluster likely to make the team, David Cobb, Antonio Andrews, and Bishop Sankey are likely competing for one roster spot.
McCluster isn't going to be used the same way as Murray/Henry.

Everyone is antsy

It's ROOKIE minicamp but reporters are all DGB is out with a hammy, Wright needs to step up, who will be cut at RB-oh I think it'll be...

they haven't even practiced yet.

Their thoughts haven't changed. PK likes Cobb, Glennon, McCormick, and Wyatt like Andrews, and I think Jason is also in Andrews corner.

My thoughts haven't changed since earlier in the thread-clearly Andrews for me.

As a point of reference, I got him at 1.07, 12 team PPR. Pretty happy with that.
Just took him the same spot in a 14 team PPR. Short term, not thrilled about his chances but long term I think he will be more than worth the 1.07. I have plenty of guys to let him ride the bench for a year or two until he starts producing.

Just took him the same spot in a 14 team PPR. Short term, not thrilled about his chances but long term I think he will be more than worth the 1.07. I have plenty of guys to let him ride the bench for a year or two until he starts producing.
Love the strategy, hate facing the reality that it could literally be a year or two.  A year or two is 15-20% of a RBs career. I hate it when RBs get in the no man's land. 

Love the strategy, hate facing the reality that it could literally be a year or two.  A year or two is 15-20% of a RBs career. I hate it when RBs get in the no man's land. 
I think this year was going to be a tough one for him no matter what with his workload last season.  For his career a reduced 2016 load could be good news.  I think Henry could take on more work later in the season and have some value against the Colts and bears weeks 12 and 13.  But wrapping up with the Broncos,  chiefs and new look jaguars isn't ideal.   

Except, the year or two for a RB is really about the wear and tear that a RB takes. I think for sure this rookie year will see him getting enough carries to get good experience but not enough to take life off his career. So, my thinking is that it is not really a 'cost' other than roster space to grab him and hold on.

I am wondering if Murray was a product of a great O-line in Dallas because his time in Philly was putrid. Granted, I did not see him run much so maybe it was scheme or not being happy with Chip. Even if not, he is up there in RB years and mileage. Sankey showed very little. Antonio Andrews looked like a guy who can do stuff in limited action and not carry the load. Sooner or later, Henry will be the main guy even if the others are around.

I think.

I'm not a Murray fan or owner. mostly because my time in New York even though I'm a Jets fan it made me dislike Dallas and you know the rest in that Giants Cowboys rivalry. Chad I have to disagree with some of your points which have been a lot of talking points for the Murray lynch mob.

Murray just turned 28 in February and has only surpassed 300 carries once in 6 seasons and had less than 200 carries three of those 6 season so his miles are still very low. I think it was pretty clear what the issue was in Philadelphia to most football fans and you mentioned it a bit. I am not making it a point to own Murray in any league but my decision to draft him wont be based of anything age or miles related. I know people think Henry is guaranteed something because he was taken in the 2nd but where was Sankey drafted?

Mularky wants to run and run some more so two rbs could be productive if they get the line fixed.

I'm not a Murray fan or owner. mostly because my time in New York even though I'm a Jets fan it made me dislike Dallas and you know the rest in that Giants Cowboys rivalry. Chad I have to disagree with some of your points which have been a lot of talking points for the Murray lynch mob.

Murray just turned 28 in February and has only surpassed 300 carries once in 6 seasons and had less than 200 carries three of those 6 season so his miles are still very low. I think it was pretty clear what the issue was in Philadelphia to most football fans and you mentioned it a bit. I am not making it a point to own Murray in any league but my decision to draft him wont be based of anything age or miles related. I know people think Henry is guaranteed something because he was taken in the 2nd but where was Sankey drafted?

Mularky wants to run and run some more so two rbs could be productive if they get the line fixed.
Fair enough.

I was thinking he is 29 but regardless- he is 2 years off from that magical RB death kneel number. Regardless, I see him as the true competition to Henry and his time is limited. How limited is up for debate.

I freely admit I could be wrong on this because I don't think I watched a single Philly game last year but a lot of times people take player A who did X production and expect that he will simply bring that same or near same production to a new team. It could very well be that it was scheme and problems with Chip but that does not automatically mean a couple of things: 1) That he may have overproduced with Dallas and/or 2) He is not the same back as he was with Dallas.

I am not sold to any particular narrative here but my thinking is more along the lines of a "good vs great" scenario. If I have to wait for him to be productive, then good. If for some reason he gets more time than I expect out of the gate, then great. Of course, I am making the assumption he will be productive but in my rookie drafts for dynasty leagues, I have moved strongly to the "in most cases, draft talent and not immediate situation/scheme/team mates etc" and I think he fits the case. For this particular selection for me, it works in that I don't need his production right away.

Users who are viewing this thread