What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrest warrants issued for parents who cheered grad too much (1 Viewer)

Hang 10 said:
Sinrman said:
KarmaPolice said:
So.... why aren't you allowed to cheer for your kids at these things as they walk across the stage anymore?
Only thing I can think of is that their applause/cheering extended on into other kids' name announcements. That's all I've got...
Perhaps they should just make the announcements louder then. Speakers that go to 11.
Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 the top number and make that a little louder?

Hang 10 said:
Sinrman said:
KarmaPolice said:
So.... why aren't you allowed to cheer for your kids at these things as they walk across the stage anymore?
Only thing I can think of is that their applause/cheering extended on into other kids' name announcements. That's all I've got...
Perhaps they should just make the announcements louder then. Speakers that go to 11.
Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 the top number and make that a little louder?
If you do that, then what you have done would be to do that.

Hang 10 said:
Sinrman said:
KarmaPolice said:
If you do that, then what you have done would be to do that.
Sound logical to me.

KarmaPolice said:
What happens is the first five or six people walk across in silence. Then someone starts cheering and clapping and everyone else ignores the stupid rule. Every time.

avoiding injuries said:
Individual celebrations have gotten out of hand. They last too long and it's rude to the next graduate. They also extend an already too long of a ceremony.
:goodposting:

avoiding injuries said:
Individual celebrations have gotten out of hand. They last too long and it's rude to the next graduate. They also extend an already too long of a ceremony.
Its friggin HS! Sorry for not being PC but unless child is disabled there is no reason for the yelling I've heard. Not surprisingly this has filtered down to middle school. Like Facebook its another outlet for parents to say 'Hey, lookit my kid!'
This middle school teacher's theory on graduations:

The more hooting and hollering there is for a kid, the more of a pain in the ### the kid was at school.
So you are saying that the family is so stunned that their precious snowflake has survived and been put thru that they have to celebrate like idiots?
I could be completely wrong, but I'm betting snowflake isn't the best adjective to use in this case...

Users who are viewing this thread