What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mass shooting at AME church in Charleston, SC. State Senator is dead (1 Viewer)

How can they only have a 'vague' description of the shooter and state it is a '21 year old white male'

The age seems rather precise...

Security footage of the guy and his car have been released. His identity is known by LEO allegedly. He will hopefully be caught before lunch.

A quick scan of twitter makes this place look the most agreeable and reasonable place on the internet.

ETA: What this racist, atheist, terrorist, gun nut, mentally ill, cuckold did was heartbreaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
A zoom in on the front license plate looks like the s korean flag. And the kids skin tone and haircut look more Asian than redneck. Hopefully this keeps the race mongering rhetoric from Sharpton/MSNBC/Twitter to a minimum if he turns out to be Asian.

A zoom in on the front license plate looks like the s korean flag. And the kids skin tone and haircut look more Asian than redneck. Hopefully this keeps the race mongering rhetoric from Sharpton/MSNBC/Twitter to a minimum if he turns out to be Asian.
Asians can't be racist?

Horrible. RIP to the victims and I hope this scumbag is caught or offs himself but he hurts anyone else.

Asians can't be racist?
I think the issue is that all the reports are that it is a white male when he may be Asian. Not that it really matters, they just need to catch this guy.

Asians can't be racist?
I think the issue is that all the reports are that it is a white male when he may be Asian. Not that it really matters, they just need to catch this guy.
What if he self-identifies as a white male?

Asians can't be racist?
The suspect is a clean-shaven young white male, about 5 feet 9 inches tall, of slender build and with sandy blond hair. He was wearing a gray sweatshirt or hoodie, blue jeans and Timberland boots, officials said.

Asians can't be racist?
What if he self-identifies as a white male?
Then he could be racist.

The part that strikes me as odd is that the gunman sat thru an hour long prayer service and then opened fire. Trying to get people's guard down?

Another day in America
I suppose this stuff happens in other countries but it sure seems to be epidemic here. I hope this guy is found quickly...
This is sad stuff but it happens every ####### day!; be it in the 'hood in Anacostia or a church in SC, or a first grade class (or was it kindergarden) in CT.

I don't know how you stop this #### from happening but sad fact is this is everyday life.

Terrible.

They are treating it as a hate crime. Is it because they were christian or black, both?
Obviously the people calling it that know more of the details than we do, but my guess is that maybe it's at least in part because he let someone live and told the person he was doing that so they could "tell others what happened." It's hard to imagine why someone would do that other than to instill fear into other people who have something in common with the victims, whether it's race or religion or whatever.

The part that strikes me as odd is that the gunman sat thru an hour long prayer service and then opened fire. Trying to get people's guard down?
I have seen some reports that there was a verbal altercation before the shooting took place as well. If this turns out to be the case it strikes me as unlikely that race would be the motivating factor. He knew what race everyone was the moment he walked into the building. The whole incident is bizarre no matter how you look at it.

Side note: The guy has some kind of weird Dutch boy haircut. For an adult to sporting something like that screams mental problems.

The only pic I saw was blurry, but I usually see the symbol associated with some sort of martial arts studio (dojo's?). At least in the license plate, bumper sticker, t-shirt type application of it.

Another day in America
I suppose this stuff happens in other countries but it sure seems to be epidemic here. I hope this guy is found quickly...
This

This thread is a grand example of how sad the country has become. Most of this thread floats between terrible jokes and the 'political implications' of the shooting. Very little shock, very little horror...just a shrug of the shoulders and couple of Bruce Jenner jokes (with apologies to those that show sympathy).

Chase Madar@ChMadar 8h8 hours ago
Governor who flies Confederate flag at SC capitol says "we’ll never understand what motivates" #Charleston massacrehttp://
the Governor does what now?
Maybe the victims were from the north? :confused:
thought it was weird that everyone on twitter wants to blame someone else for the massacre. reading tweets from black people get killed buying skittles, walking to school, and now praying in church. Rob Lowe is pissed it took news agencies so long to say the shooter was a "white male!"

Reasons black people are killed in USA: buying skittles, riding trains, selling cigarettes, riding bikes, holding toys, praying #Charleston

Rather than report on #Charleston shooting, Fox News has an extended interview with this clown Donald Trump

Reasons black people are killed in USA: buying skittles, riding trains, selling cigarettes, riding bikes, holding toys, praying #Charleston

Rather than report on #Charleston shooting, Fox News has an extended interview with this clown Donald Trump
It's this kind of sophomoric hyperbole which is exactly why I don't use Twitter or Facebook.

Fox has been reporting on the shooting story for hours both on television and radio. There are other ongoing news events as well, you know.

That's patently untrue on Fox, I've been watching all 3 networks this am. Msnbc was talking about Trump when I turned it on though. CNN just had an update on the NY prison break. Fox just had MLK's niece on.

It's this kind of sophomoric hyperbole which is exactly why I don't use Twitter or Facebook.

Fox has been reporting on the shooting story for hours both on television and radio. There are other ongoing news events as well, you know.
Other news events. :lol: really?

I don't give two ####s what FOX news does, but "other news events" seems like a pretty lame excuse.

Sylvia Johnson, a cousin of church shooting victim Pastor Clementa Pinckney says she spoke with one of the survivors "and she said that he had reloaded five different times... and he just said 'I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go.'"
link

Fill in a typical unspeakable tortuous punishment I'd like to see inflicted on the perpetrator that we see on these threads...

Wth is wrong with some people?

Sylvia Johnson, a cousin of church shooting victim Pastor Clementa Pinckney says she spoke with one of the survivors "and she said that he had reloaded five different times... and he just said 'I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go.'"
link
This is so sad and infuriating. Is it 1960 again?

Other news events. :lol: really?

I don't give two ####s what FOX news does, but "other news events" seems like a pretty lame excuse.
Yeah, other news events. You know, things which happen all across the globe all the time and not just what happens in Charleston, South Carolina?

You don't care what Fox does but you also feel obligated to make libelous statements about it both here and on Twitter? It sounds to me like you just want what you want, whenever you want it.

Users who are viewing this thread