What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BattleBots! It's back. (2 Viewers)

KCitons

Footballguy
Loved this show when it was on years ago. Now it's back on ABC, Sunday nights 9E/8C.

The bots look much stronger than I remember.

Dammit - missed recording it, able to set record for the last 15 minutes. They need new rules though - it got boring when the low profile wedges started winning every time.

I missed the 1st episode. Crap.

Are any of the builders the same? I know Adam Savage and Grant Imahara from Mythbusters made their TV debuts on the original series.

In, going to be a fun show. Ice Wave looked pretty strong. I didn't exactly understand what they were doing with Plan X, too much fluff :shrug:

Dammit - missed recording it, able to set record for the last 15 minutes. They need new rules though - it got boring when the low profile wedges started winning every time.
This. When that tiny wedge with a spike was pushing everyone around onto those traps, or flipping them quickly it got pretty boring. That thing was unbeatable with those rules.

I missed the 1st episode. Crap.

Are any of the builders the same? I know Adam Savage and Grant Imahara from Mythbusters made their TV debuts on the original series.
I wouldn't remember any original builders, but based on bios it looks like at least half of them competed in the original series. If you remember a ladybug bot, it's builder is back.

I thought the pace of the show was good. A little bio, a little tale of the tape, a lot of fighting. Decent job of not telegraphing eventual winners with the bios. I would have liked to hear more of the rules/limitations (like what's the rule on having mini bots).

its so awesome i love this show now i wish they would bring back motorcycle build off take that to the bank brobatos

its so awesome i love this show now i wish they would bring back motorcycle build off take that to the bank brobatos
And junkyard wars
AH YEAH!! Now we're talking. Mix in a few MacGyver episodes and we're set.
and just so that there is a chance in hell that discovery would run it they could have it happen in alaska and have that really fat guy from moonshiners as the announcer take that to the bank bromigos

so last night that guy found a loophole in the rules and apparently he must have been right because when they made them fight again they just kept talking about how there is a long tradition and blah blah blah but they never said that the rules prohibitied it i am trying to write this so it is not a spoiler if anyone is dvring it or whatever but what did you brohans think about that

Sounds like the guy has a history of being a doosh.

First time I watched the show....way too little action IMO. The show was an hour with about ten minutes of battles.

yeah it would be cooler with just the battles but i really liked the old one and basically i will take whatever i can get to the bank on this one brohan

Using a tangling device wasn't "against the rules" but definitely a dooshy move, though the guy had a point about it not being in the rules. Still, it didn't seem like it accomplished anything other than stop both machines.

Also got a big kick out of the little bot that spit out fire, though I was waiting for it to actually set itself on fire by mistake.

I was a little disappointed in last nights episode. Too much talking, not enough destruction. Hate how the just gave quick highlights of some of the other matches.

Ona a different note, I think they need to get sponsors for the bots. No way people can keep dumping $$$ into bots that get destroyed in 3 minutes.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
i would like to see sponsors to and the thing covered more like a sport event instead of a sitcom so that we would not get all the moonshiners slash pawnstars side stories i frankly would like about a ninety five to five mix of battles versus backstories just more crap gettin tuned up and burned on fire that would rule take that to the bank brohans

That Tombstone fight was hilarious. You just know those dorks that built the other one spent hundreds of hours designing, building and testing it. All that work for 6 seconds of "fighting".

I don't see Tombstone losing.
Certainly not to anything on last night's show.
I don't see anything even surviving if it gets near it. As long as the driver guy remains composed and keeps its front towards the other bot, anyways...
I only see something like Overdrive possibly having a chance. It was pretty fast and maneuverable, but it has to be able to get behind Tombstone fast and flip it. Bronco could probably flip it better but I think it is too slow.

If Tombstone gets by too easy, make him take on two or three robots at the same time. The more chaos the better.

Edit: Especially if you could get a sponsor to put up some decent prize money. $100k to any robot that can beat three robots at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tombstone would make a great heel. Reminded me of Chong Li in Blood Sport, standing over his opponent before delivering the knockout blow.

Dang, I keep missing this. I want to watch it with my kids. Sunday night is not a good timeslot for the Ike household.

Mr. Pickles, please get on this, Stat! Have it moved to Wednesday for my convenience.

Dang, I keep missing this. I want to watch it with my kids. Sunday night is not a good timeslot for the Ike household.

Mr. Pickles, please get on this, Stat! Have it moved to Wednesday for my convenience.
Have you tried popping in a fresh VHS tape and holding down Play+Record at the same time?

i would like to see sponsors to and the thing covered more like a sport event instead of a sitcom so that we would not get all the moonshiners slash pawnstars side stories i frankly would like about a ninety five to five mix of battles versus backstories just more crap gettin tuned up and burned on fire that would rule take that to the bank brohans
They do have sponsors. Watch the lower thirds when the teams are being introduced. It lists who the sponsors are for the robot. Would be better if they could just slap the company stickers on the robot.

And on the rule changes, in addition to the no entanglement (which appears to have been an oversight) they changed the rules for the multibots. In the old series, they had to start the match as one unit. (they also have to demonstrate that they can go back to being one unit.)

I think if I was up against Tombstone and he knocked me out I would tell him to just go ahead and completely destroy my robot. If I am going to lose, why not make it a complete destruction.

I think Bronco is the only one that stands a chance against Tombstone. And that's a very slim chance.

no one is going to beat that big lawnmower one i think it is tombstone he just chops people to bits it is crazy someone needs to make a robot that just blows up and takes the other guy out on the way out to beat that guy take that to the bank

no one is going to beat that big lawnmower one i think it is tombstone he just chops people to bits it is crazy someone needs to make a robot that just blows up and takes the other guy out on the way out to beat that guy take that to the bank
I feel like the only way you're going to beat him is to just take a sacrificial hit, hope it doesn't kill you, then you just have to jam him up and push him around.

There have been some good horizontal spinners in the past on BB, but none of them seem to get up to speed as quickly as Tombstone. That was always the thing with the past ones, if you just stayed on them, and let them hit you at lower speed and jam the blade, you had about 3-4 seconds where you could hit them while it came up to speed. With tombstone, it seems to just rev up so quickly that you don't have that window.

I agree that the only way anyone is beating it is to flip it quickly onto the screws or something where it can't get back off.

I feel like the only way you're going to beat him is to just take a sacrificial hit, hope it doesn't kill you, then you just have to jam him up and push him around.

There have been some good horizontal spinners in the past on BB, but none of them seem to get up to speed as quickly as Tombstone. That was always the thing with the past ones, if you just stayed on them, and let them hit you at lower speed and jam the blade, you had about 3-4 seconds where you could hit them while it came up to speed. With tombstone, it seems to just rev up so quickly that you don't have that window.

I agree that the only way anyone is beating it is to flip it quickly onto the screws or something where it can't get back off.
There's been a few bots that have beaten earlier versions of Tombstone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzZa_5Vdcy02007 - he takes the hit and targets the wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qifn6Y_2EQI This guy was able to absorb the hit, push Tombstone around a bit until the motor on his horizontal blade failed

Users who are viewing this thread