What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BattleBots! It's back. (1 Viewer)

primewire.li is where I get movies and T.V. shows from. There is a BBC version of Battlebots
called Robot Wars. It's fun, lots of characters, but only lasted 3 seasons. I use Firefox with
Ublock origin enabled for streaming. 

If you go there and do a search for it, it the 2016 version the the blue and yellow badge.

Last edited by a moderator:
primewire.li is where I get movies and T.V. shows from. There is a BBC version of Battlebots
called Robot Wars. It's fun, lots of characters, but only lasted 3 seasons. I use Firefox with
Ublock origin enabled for streaming. 

If you go there and do a search for it, it the 2016 version the the blue and yellow badge.
I have to say that Battlebots >>>>>Robot Wars by a ton. House bots and too many silly ways to lose like the pit ruin the show for me.

I have to say that Battlebots >>>>>Robot Wars by a ton. House bots and too many silly ways to lose like the pit ruin the show for me.
More people will probably agree with you. I just consider it a different flavor, entertainment wise.

I like it, but I can no longer watch in regular tv time.  It's about 20x worse than football, etc. 

Literally less than 8 minutes of action within the hour.  Plus jackhole loser profiles. 

Bombshell sucks ###.  How can a bot be designed without some way of self righting and expect to be competitive?  

Bombshell sucks ###.  How can a bot be designed without some way of self righting and expect to be competitive?  
We are already seeing the separation of the contenders at the half way point. With desperado next week, we have to assume most of the new bots are SOL for the final 16, and they're just there to gain experience. Still really weird they featured deep six early then kept him off TV. 

We are already seeing the separation of the contenders at the half way point. With desperado next week, we have to assume most of the new bots are SOL for the final 16, and they're just there to gain experience. Still really weird they featured deep six early then kept him off TV. 
The weirdest part is that they clearly have had no problem airing some crappy fights, so why keep anyone off TV.  How bad could they have been?

Sawblaze - Blacksmith...another good fight, but it seemed like minimal damage for the number of hits that were delivered by both sides.   I guess that speaks well for the durability of both of those bots.  I think another minute of fighting and the decision goes Blacksmith's way as it looked like Sawblaze's main weapon had stopped functioning.  

Bronco and Minotaur are not going to make the playoffs.
The biggest weak spot is the after fight interviews. You
have to give these guys their props, It's hard to keep 
hearing the same captain obvious questions. 

Guy who lives behind us has a kid who is into this. They built and run one of the big robots that’s been on TV. He was telling me about it over drinks recently at our neighbor’s house.  If they tell where these people are from on the show, and if there’s a pretty popular one from Long Island NY, that’s him. Kid sounds super geeky. 

Biteforce is amazing. He’s a solid driver but that thing is a freaking tank. Even the good shots witch doctor got in weren’t much at all. He destroyed Tombstone with a well place shot. That was impressive and almost shocking.

Sounded like after the show they might be shelving Biteforce and building something new. I like that idea. Them winning again next year would be really boring.

Biteforce is amazing. He’s a solid driver but that thing is a freaking tank. Even the good shots witch doctor got in weren’t much at all. He destroyed Tombstone with a well place shot. That was impressive and almost shocking.

Sounded like after the show they might be shelving Biteforce and building something new. I like that idea. Them winning again next year would be really boring.
I lost track of how many times they pointed out that Paul constantly tweaked the bot to improve it from match to match.  Seems like most of them would do that.

Already looking forward to next year and letting my inner :nerd:  out again. Also interested in seeing if anyone can go further with ablative armor next year, so that my Star Trek: DS9 :nerd:  can come out too.

Fun season.  Was surprised that Biteforce annihilated Tombstone, again.  That bot is impressive.

I'm ready for Heavyweight division to be created.  I want to see bots that are the size of cars fighting.  Sure, it would be expensive to rebuild them, but I don't care.  Time to ramp this robot fighting up a notch. 

Fun season.  Was surprised that Biteforce annihilated Tombstone, again.  That bot is impressive.

I'm ready for Heavyweight division to be created.  I want to see bots that are the size of cars fighting.  Sure, it would be expensive to rebuild them, but I don't care.  Time to ramp this robot fighting up a notch. 
That would be awesome to see. I would not to as big as you are talking,  but to the size and weight constrictions of the Robot Wars house bots would be good. They run about twice as heavy and adding that much weight capacity to the batteries, armor and weapons would open up some great damage battles.

You can't build a safe enough box for those robots to fight in. The Robot
Wars bots don't have any kinetic energy weapons except for the blade on
Matilda that drives down.

You can't build a safe enough box for those robots to fight in. The Robot
Wars bots don't have any kinetic energy weapons except for the blade on
Matilda that drives down.
Who needs a "safe box"?  Put them in a cement bunker underground and we watch it on camera.  

Who needs a "safe box"?  Put them in a cement bunker underground and we watch it on camera.  
You lose scale. The bots could be six feet long or sixteen feet long and you wouldn't know.
You also lose the announcers and the bot operators next to the glass reacting to what's
happening. The look and feel of the show is changed. Live, that show is probably awesome.
The crowd will feel it when a 250 pound bot is launched into the air.

Not many people could afford to build your type of bot to just throw away. The Robots on the
show are expensive. Your bots would be defense department expensive.

nightmare said:
You lose scale. The bots could be six feet long or sixteen feet long and you wouldn't know.
You also lose the announcers and the bot operators next to the glass reacting to what's
happening. The look and feel of the show is changed. Live, that show is probably awesome.
The crowd will feel it when a 250 pound bot is launched into the air.

Not many people could afford to build your type of bot to just throw away. The Robots on the
show are expensive. Your bots would be defense department expensive.
Yes!  That's what I want to see.

As long as your super sized version of Battle Bots does not have a 2500lb BlackSmith, I will tune in.  I don't think that flaming hammer ever did damage.

Some of these guys need to go back to last season's designs.  Minotaur was a piece of junk this year, last year it just tore stuff up.  Yeti last year was much better.  Sawblaze was better with last years "dustpan" front, when they went to the big hammer/saw thing it was too heavy and when they fired it their front would lift and throw them off aim.  Last year Duck just took punishment and pushed people around, this year he added his flipper and seemed to spend half the fights just flipping himself around.

i would build a robot that has a giant spring on it so that when you hit it it just absorbed all the energy and threw it right back at you so like if you were tomestone and hit it it would just rebound the blade right back at you and you would explode or if you are bronco and you tried to flip my spring bot of death it would just bounce around until it landed on you and you exploded also my spring bot of death would have a lot of sharp points on it to poke you pretty simple way to win really take that to the bank bromigos 

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as your super sized version of Battle Bots does not have a 2500lb BlackSmith, I will tune in.  I don't think that flaming hammer ever did damage.

Some of these guys need to go back to last season's designs.  Minotaur was a piece of junk this year, last year it just tore stuff up.  Yeti last year was much better.  Sawblaze was better with last years "dustpan" front, when they went to the big hammer/saw thing it was too heavy and when they fired it their front would lift and throw them off aim.  Last year Duck just took punishment and pushed people around, this year he added his flipper and seemed to spend half the fights just flipping himself around.
The hammer bots seem to do nothing.  Also, flames are useless.  

The hammer bots seem to do nothing.  Also, flames are useless.  
I think a hammer could do something if it had a single point on the end, but you'd be relying 100% on driving and the ability to perfectly time attacks.  Flames are indeed 100% useless.

I think a hammer could do something if it had a single point on the end, but you'd be relying 100% on driving and the ability to perfectly time attacks.  Flames are indeed 100% useless.
I think most teams are making bots out of titanium.

I don't think anything pointy is going to penetrate ... or even make a dent.

Whatever fuel they are using to make the flame .... not hot enough to really matter ... unless a bot driver is dumb enough to hold still for several minutes.

Seems only 2 weapons work ... spinning things and flipping things.

I like to think that I could design a bot that would beat most of what's out there.

I think part of the process to decide who makes the show is based on how interesting, creative, and exciting your bot is. If you set out today with a goal of winning the giant nut, you'd most likely be following the Bite Force or Witch Doctor blueprint (compact, push driving bot with a small, heavy vertical spinner). But if everyone did that it wouldn't be as fun of a show. So they encourage diversity with an emphasis on creativity. Did anyone think Ribbot, Rainbow, or The Four Horsemen ever had a chance? I'm not saying you have to be cheesy, but when Mammoth comes out there with something totally different, even if it never had a chance, it makes for exciting TV. 

That's likely why you saw the utterly useless drones from years past, or the small sidekick bots. They added nothing, but damn if I didn't sit on the edge of my seat the first time I saw a team use a drone. 

Fire aint going nowhere. 

Users who are viewing this thread