What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BattleBots! It's back. (1 Viewer)

Smeeeeeeeeeeeeee needs one or two more links so he can completely encircle the other bot, and a slightly longer weapon.  Looks like his blades only stick out an inch or two.

I think the interviews with the socially awkward college aged captain is a new favorite of mine.

The Battlebots Bounty Hunters series was pretty good. 12 episodes

of contenders fighting each other for the chance to kill an "elite" bot.

These things running on batteries or kerosene this year? Waiting for one to burst into flames getting wheeled out for the intros.

The Minotaur vs Witch Doctor battle was weird.  Never seen a timeout for getting stuck, and then not starting the 10 count when Minotaur was obviously only on one wheel, with Witch doctor screaming for the count to begin, then in their next battle again it did not begin but against them.

Funny story, while mini golfing with my kids I was wearing a shirt with Capt america's shield on it.  There was a kid, maybe 6, in front of us who kept looking back at me.   After hole 10 I finally heard him say to his mom "maybe he is the guy who drives Captain Shrederator!!"   Wasn't sure if I should be proud to be confused with someone who took out Tombstone in the round robin, or angry that I was the driver of Shederator.   I just laughed and the mom asked if I knew who he was talking about.   Told the kid SawBlaze was my favorite.  Now when I wear the shirt my kids say "Hey you are wearing your Battle Bots shirt"

I'm definitely digging this Golden Bolt tournament. :thumbup:

Yeah that was a great tournament. Hopefully they continue it so we have two major tournaments per year.
Yep. The part that I really liked about this format was the limited time and resources to prep for the next battle. That really tests entire teams instead of just the bot designers & drivers.

The way hypershock's wheel got stuck in Witch Doctor's weapon...somebody needs to make a robot that can do that intentionally, like jam up the back side of those vertical disks. Might be the only way to stop End Game consistently.

The new season starts tonight on Discovery! A few key rules updates:

Any movement counts (more decisive KOs)
Bots stuck on the arena are SOL (less focus on long forks/low plows?)
Teams can challenge judges decision

I cannot watch battlebots live..I HATE it. Way way too much wasted time. So I record it, so I can just FF to the battles. The rest of the show is just so dawn out and massively lame.
Agree...week one had a bunch of good fights, but 2 hours is an absolute slog. Will tape delay going forward.
Just watched Thursday's premier. 3 hours long and what...4 battles? Absurd

It was 7 battles in 2 hours on the main show; then they had some extra hour after that I didn't watch. I think the first six were done in 90, and then 30 minutes dedicated to the main event.

Judge Lisa Winter really likes the asian that just got put into a team lead position. 2 controvertial favorable scores. 1 loser chose not to challenge. 2nd loser won a challenge.

Just decided to search "battlebots" to see if anyone on FBG is talking about it. Sure enough! I've been watching every season since the reboot (and watched a bit in the old Comedy Central days). This season is great so far.

My dad, my nephew, and myself started a BattleBots keeper league last season. The rules are fairly simple. This is where they stand currently.

- All of us had an original snake draft of all the bots last year.

- Each owner keeps 10 from one season to the next, and then we draft from all rookies and bots that were cut.

- If a bot takes even one season off, it's an automatic cut (e.g., Tombstone and Uppercut were mandatory cuts this offseason).

- Each win in the regukar season is worth 1 point.

- Each playoff berth is worth 1 point.

- Each playoff win is worth the quantity of points equal to the round number (first round win = 1 point, second round win = 2 points, third round win = 3 points).

- Whoever has the most points is the champion.

(A few other more detailed rules to try to be prepared for weird stuff that they might spring on us.) I got a 3D printed giant nut to be our trophy, which currently belongs to my dad.

Can't wait to see these tournament battles!

I hope someone rips apart Rip Tide and his cocky ***. You were caught modifying your bot after you weighed in at exactly 250 lb. There was every reason to have you re-weigh and re-test your bot, and then you "magically" lose 2 pounds. Yeah, I would want to punch you in the face also.

Users who are viewing this thread