What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mr. Robot (1 Viewer)

I thought the first episode was really good. The lead character Elliot is very good. Hopefully Christian Slaters character gets fleshed out more. His internal voice and music is very similar to Zuckerbergs and the music in the Social Network.

caught it last night. based on the Pilot i'll add it to the DVR. no idea if the "IT" stuff is legit or close to reality, but i'm down with the writing and characters so far.

I DVRed it and have not yet watched the premiere, but no less an authority than my mom (who for some reason became a huge science fiction fan when I got into it as a kid) said it was fantastic. FWIW, it's already been renewed for a second season, so no risks of a one-shot cancellation by the network for anyone considering watching.

Pretty good but I liked his old avatar better
Old avatar was great but new one is much more personable.

Was his old one Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy? It was a square robot head that seemed depressed and looked a bit like Marvin would.

I liked it a lot. I'm also pretty sure the IT stuff was legit. I'm not into the nuts and bolts stuff as much as I used to be, but I didn't hear anything in the show that I knew to be factually innaccurate. Which is amazing considering the amount of tech discussed.

I liked it a lot. I'm also pretty sure the IT stuff was legit. I'm not into the nuts and bolts stuff as much as I used to be, but I didn't hear anything in the show that I knew to be factually innaccurate. Which is amazing considering the amount of tech discussed.
What about having one password that unlocks every secret in their life? I don't have anything to hide and it would take more than 1 password to find out everything about me.

Same here. Even some of the stuff as I pointed out to my wife, when he was saying in the narration that he would make it so that only he could access it, he started typing chmod -R, which at least is a real "unix" command l ine to recursively change the right of a file/folder. So yeah, pretty cool. I mean I would have been more impressed if he was using what looked like a regular terminal client like PuTTY or something, but I can live with what I saw.

Same here. Even some of the stuff as I pointed out to my wife, when he was saying in the narration that he would make it so that only he could access it, he started typing chmod -R, which at least is a real "unix" command l ine to recursively change the right of a file/folder. So yeah, pretty cool. I mean I would have been more impressed if he was using what looked like a regular terminal client like PuTTY or something, but I can live with what I saw.
I noted a few su uses also... and his descriptions of TOR early one was accurate as well.

My only technical complaint was from a computer forensics perspective, the FBI would know if a file was changed and could see the original IP as well as what is what changed to and possibly who changed it.

What about having one password that unlocks every secret in their life? I don't have anything to hide and it would take more than 1 password to find out everything about me.
Most people use one password or simlar passwords for everything. I didn't have a problem with that at all.

I enjoyed the pilot. Looking forward to seeing how this show develops. It could go bad quickly. For now it's on my DVR schedule.

watched the pilot and dug it. liked the inner monologue. liked how he's keeping tabs on everyone in his life, even the people that he actually likes...showing that his crush has like $200K in student loan debt that would be wiped out if he went along with the "project". I wish the main guy was a little more charismatic, but I get that he's supposed to be socially awkward.

my thought is now that he put the main CTO guy away, the guy that takes his place (IT VP) will either be way worse...or will actually be in on the whole hacking project.

"Tell me about your father.....". Scene from next episode "I won't make that mistake again". :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
:rant: at Mr. Robot at the final scene on ep 2 (on the boardwalk railing). The show is moving up the DVR rankings at the TD household.

Really liked the response to job pitch at Evil Corp "I'm happy where I'm at right now".

how much of his encounters with F Society and the VP at E Corp are real and how much are delusion?

how much of his encounters with F Society and the VP at E Corp are real and how much are delusion?
Probably a decent amount.

I read something a few days ago that this story was originally pitched as a movie and the planned ending for the movie will be maintained for the show despite how long it goes. Will be interesting to see if that hurts the plotting going forward.

I figured out the third part. One part dexter, one part fight club, and one part falling skies. Cool concept, gets the nerds amped up to watch, has a good opening episode with one well known actor who seems hopelessly miscast for the part, then they start flailing around with a few too many plot lines and never really get you to care about the characters.

Oh no, the cute bug eyed girl got hacked? Don't care. The drug dealer girlfriend is really an artist who specializes in putting second grade drawings on cloth of some kind? Elliott really likes it! Also were going to need some vaguely foreign Peter Campbell who punches homeless people, fut bucks coworkers and bdsms his prego wife. A lock picking nerd girl who is a super hacker with no social skills who is a huge part of the plan but doesn't know the plan but really needs elliot. A random hacker extortionist who literally hacks people from the shadows. A lonely shrink whose boyfriend is married. Awkward gay boss checking up on super hacker. More man but then girl but and awkward but sex... and the one cute girl on the show showed off her shoulder once. Christian slater sounding like that guy here who calls republicans kooks.

It sucks that they could have a cool show concept, get the green light for the show with swearing and partial nudity, and do all the wrong things.

Users who are viewing this thread