What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mr. Robot (1 Viewer)

belljr said:
So is Tyrell and Angela working a different angle than Darlene
I think so.  Tyrell and Angela (at least by the end of this season) are more aligned with the Dark Army than Darlene.

Do we agree that Elliott is still at the center of this... perhaps unbeknownst to him as Mr. Robot made some of the key connective actions

Or, is it like Elliott said, that he is not really the core figure to the grand conspiracy nor the overarching connective tissue but everyone thinks he is...

OR, is the FBI right and he's just not the central guy, but rather tyrell is?

I tend toward the first option.

Do we agree that Elliott is still at the center of this... perhaps unbeknownst to him as Mr. Robot made some of the key connective actions

Or, is it like Elliott said, that he is not really the core figure to the grand conspiracy nor the overarching connective tissue but everyone thinks he is...

OR, is the FBI right and he's just not the central guy, but rather tyrell is?

I tend toward the first option.
Yeah, he's still the kingpin.  Think it was revealing when he rattled off what the malware would do to the building.  He may not remember it, but he orchestrated the whole thing.

Gonna watch Season 3 figuring everyone is Elliot.

He's probably actually a junior associate IT guy at a lame firm who had a stroke while rubbin one out in Stall 4, where his family & work issues mashed up with his jerkfantasy library of office girls and this all came out.

He's probably actually a junior associate IT guy at a lame firm who had a stroke while rubbin one out in Stall 4, where his family & work issues mashed up with his jerkfantasy library of office girls and this all came out.
then, he gets a hooker with 3 #### and blows ####nup with the govahnatah.

I think so.  Tyrell and Angela (at least by the end of this season) are more aligned with the Dark Army than Darlene.
Let me rephrase my question 

Did Darlene know that the others were working a different angle.

It felt like to me she didn't but I could have misinterpreted the last few scenes

It felt like to me she didn't but I could have misinterpreted the last few scenes
I think she came to the realization that she truly was not the leader.  She fancied herself as one, but her boyfriend was pulling strings, the dark army was pulling strings, and she is oblivious to step 2.  She is aware that there is a step 2, but she has no idea what it is or who is running it. 

i could watch an entire episode of Dom interrogating Darlene....great stuff

She didn't. We didn't. She was shocked at the FBI place because 1. They knew everyone and 2. They had Tyrell at the center. 

Please just stop.  Your last three posts have been terrible (unless you're just trying to ruin the discussion in which case, kudos to you)

the first one - about the ending with the hackers at whatevermart - i was actually serious. the others were goofs and i stand waaaay off to the side on my goof %s.

Ftr. I accidentally reported somomes post by accidrmt.

On phone and no glasses. No idea what i pressed

My theory:. No Tyrell isn't alive, he's another personality of Elliot's just like Elliot was suspecting.  He absorbed his personality when he killed him.  Only he's more dangerous than even Mr. Robot as Elliot shot himself to keep anyone from stopping "us". Only thing that doesn't quite fit is the phone call to Angela. 

So, Delene, Red, Susan or Angela?  I don't know why I want to #### Darlene so bad. Was hoping her and Red would start making out in the interrogation room. 

I haven't read theough the last few pages here so maybe someone already said this but i'm starting to wonder if Darlene is just one more of Elliott's personalities. This show started out really well and now it's sort of getting out of control with the unreliable narrator ploy.

I haven't read theough the last few pages here so maybe someone already said this but i'm starting to wonder if Darlene is just one more of Elliott's personalities. This show started out really well and now it's sort of getting out of control with the unreliable narrator ploy.
How would he be two places at the same time if they were the same person? Why would Angela talk to her about Elliot? Is Elliot bi-sexual because she ####ed a few dudes. This theory is not a good one.

ok- seems like elliot isn't tyrell (but wtf knows), given the fbi board and the angela phone call... I was wrong there.

shifting gears... could red and darlene be the same person? they certainly dropped a line in there that throws some fuel on that idea. that said- interaction from both of them with santiago maybe doesn't make sense... but I'd have to watch again.

also- the very end in front of the big-box store.... is seinfeld prison friend there to kill or to help those two?

shadyridr said:
technically he could have been a real person but then in present time become another personality just like Mr Robot was a real person and now is another personality.
lol.

but yeah- I suppose elliot/mr. robot could have killed Tyrell and then out of guilt or necessity absorbed his personality.

also- the very end in front of the big-box store.... is seinfeld prison friend there to kill or to help those two?
My bet would be on the former, but I've been known to be wrong on a whole lot of things. I can't see Joey Bada$$ seeking them out and arriving there to help them transition. Side note, was just starting to get into his music when I noticed he was in Mr. Robot, so I love that.

My bet would be on the former, but I've been known to be wrong on a whole lot of things. I can't see Joey Bada$$ seeking them out and arriving there to help them transition. Side note, was just starting to get into his music when I noticed he was in Mr. Robot, so I love that.
wait... is the thinking that they're in witness protection? I thought they were both AWOL from the FBI.... so figured they were just laying low and hiding out. and did the FBI even know about the girl?

wait... is the thinking that they're in witness protection? I thought they were both AWOL from the FBI.... so figured they were just laying low and hiding out. and did the FBI even know about the girl?
I think in either case, Joey's arrival is not a good thing for them. If they are state witnesses, definitely not. If they are not state witnesses, I'm thinking Joey's making sure they won't become such a thing ever.

that's the way i saw it. the girl wouldnta ditched the hijab of her own volition. and it explains the FBI board

Guess Im the only one who didnt realize there was an after credits scene :wall:
I noticed because I was like, damn that went fast! 

And while a lot of that thought was due to the great episode and pacing, looking at the clock and seeing 10:52 told me we were not quite done.

I don't think the two refugees will get killed. Whether because somehow they may be needed in the "get the band back together again" sense or because Elliott is too central to their overall needs and that could upset the overall apple cart , I just have a sense it's not in the dark army's interest to just kill them.

or... Maybe it is.

hmmmm - i meant the comprehensiveness of the board had to mean they ratted, but yeah she'd be on it then. hmmmm
Yeah that's my thought.  They don't know about her means it's likely neither are in protection.

Could they possibly already be working with/for the Dark army? Perhaps even in some way contacted by Mr. Elliott or Tyrell and this is a meeting? I don't expect that to be the case, but I'd assume the dark army has the means to get folks out of site and off the grid. 

Maybe it's time for stage two and getting back on the grid?

That's why i'm lost - i'm old and trapped in analog Sherlockian "Has there been beeen a murrrrderrrr?!" logic. Got no gamer game 't'all. "Has there beeen a serrrrverrrr?!" - see, that dont work. Y'all just tell me what to think. nufced

The line about Trenton staying with Mobley's friend and the friend walking in on her in the bathroom I think eliminates Witness Protection for them.

Users who are viewing this thread