What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mr. Robot (1 Viewer)

Holy crap that first episode was incredible. The first 5 minutes. OMG
:goodposting:

Tons of Easter eggs. Anybody have frame by frame?  They flashed something right as Mr. Robot suggested maybe they show Darlene photos of the shooting that whiferose sent them. 

:goodposting:

Tons of Easter eggs. Anybody have frame by frame?  They flashed something right as Mr. Robot suggested maybe they show Darlene photos of the shooting that whiferose sent them. 
Im assuming it was Angelina's dead body.

Also, Sam Esmail was the guy who gave Elliott the heroin and his wife (Emmy Rossum) made a brief appearance as a Christmas caroler.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember if I'm still in or bailed.  Lol
i think i mighta bailed on S3, if not completely perhaps caring-wise because i remembered most of the stuff on the "previously" but couldnt connect most of it. And it don't help that a show that became interesting because the principals were incredibly on-task no matter how tweaked their lives or insides were are all trembling messes now. Only the imaginary guy had his #### together in ep 1

Elliot's father and Angela's mother both worked for E Corp in Washington Township. Phillip Price, current CEO of E Corp, was seeing Angela's mother and knocked her up. The mom cut ties with Price and married another man, who raised Angela as his own. An accident at the plant caused a bunch of people to get cancer, including Eliot's father and Angela's mother. The survivors sued but the suits never went anywhere. We know now that White Rose has a project in Washington Township and is protecting it. Price learned that Angela worked for Allsafe and, against the advice of his subordinates, hired the company to provide cyber security, with his real motive being to get closer to Angela. She then convinced Elliot to join Allsafe. (At this point, Price and White Rose probably know who Elliot is, since he's the son of someone who died from aftereffects of the Washington Township accident.) Elliot plans to hack E Corp. Simultaneously, Angela decides to try to revive the lawsuit against E Corp. The night of the 5/9 hack, Elliot blacks out and doesn't know what happened while he was out. It turns out that his split personality, Mr Robot, engineered keys to undo the hack and hid them in a photo of Elliot as Marty McFly and his father as Doc Brown from Elliot's favorite movie, "Back to the Future." It was Mr Robot who wiped out all banking data belonging to E Corp, as revenge for Washington Township. In the midst of all this, White Rose had been trying to move the Washington Township project to the Congo, but needed China first to annex it. The US was opposed to the annexation. In the barn in the last episode, Elliot seemed to imply that the Dark Army had been trying to hack E Corp to apply leverage so Price would convince the president to allow the annexation, but it was Elliot who actually succeeded with the hack. However, it seemed in an earlier episode that Price knew the hack was coming and didn't try to prevent it, because he worked a deal to get a loan from China in exchange for convincing the US government to let the annexation to go through. That loan let E Corp create a new kind of currency, E Coin. But White Rose is petty and spiteful, and she convinced Angela there was a way for her to see her mother again, and White Rose had Angela, Wellick and Mr Robot figure out a way to blow up the building in Manhattan where E Corp was centralizing all its paper records that it would use to rebuild what was erased in the hack. Elliot had walled himself off from Mr Robot, but when he realized what was happening, he got a job at E Corp and re-routed all the paper records to buildings around the country. So the Dark Army caused explosions in all of those other buildings instead, which Angela blamed herself for. White Rose, who's angry that the relocation from Washington Township to the Congo is taking too long, allows her right-hand man to kill Elliot. In the barn, Elliot says he knows how to speed up the relocation. White Rose is watching everything via the ceiling camera. She texted the black guy to shoot everyone and let Elliot live. The right-hand man realizes he's done for and kills himself. Elliot says something about the Coast Guard allowing humanitarian aid to Iran, so I think that's how White Rose ends up relocating the equipment, by loading onto ships going to Iran and then to the Congo, but I'm not sure. (The hooker at the end mentioned that the US was going to war with Iran, so maybe Elliot's and White Rose's actions caused that?) Then Elliot gets the keys to reverse the 5/9 hack, which would relieve his own conscience, but, as the hooker was saying, a lot of people would then owe debt they never knew how to repay in the first place. 

I wrote it out because when the fourth season airs I will have forgotten everything that has happened in this show, and now I can just go back and read what I wrote. I'm like the guy in "Memento." The white guy.
Before starting season 4, I watched a YouTube recap of season 3. I barely remembered any of it. I thought, Did I even watch that season? Yesterday, someone "liked" my longer post above, so today I clicked to see which post it was. Man, I have no recollection of ever writing that. And then I predicted that I would have no recollection of any of this. 

Guys, I might be Mr. Robot.

Is it just me or is this final season sloooooow and kinda boring? Not sure what the final payoff will be, but hoping it's not like season two where it was just a delusion of the unreliable narrator. But perhaps that would be better than Season 4: Everyone Dies.

In the most recent episode, am I the only idiot who didn't notice that from the point where Darlene picks up Elliott at the beginning and says, “It’s cool, we don’t have to talk,” until the very end when Vera says to the therapist, “We should talk,” there was no dialogue? I had to have that pointed out to me. The characters communicated via text, which I guess is kind of cheating, but my brain must have counted that as "talking."

phandango said:
In the most recent episode, am I the only idiot who didn't notice that from the point where Darlene picks up Elliott at the beginning and says, “It’s cool, we don’t have to talk,” until the very end when Vera says to the therapist, “We should talk,” there was no dialogue? I had to have that pointed out to me. The characters communicated via text, which I guess is kind of cheating, but my brain must have counted that as "talking."
Nope.  I didn't realize that until I read your post.  Been a good season so far.

I have really enjoyed the final season. I enjoy Christmas theming in pretty much anything, and the episode that took place on Christmas Eve was delightful. Stuff like Eliot escaping across the skating rink add just enough joy to the dark story. 

As mentioned, the "no talking" episode was especially interesting. The story popped through music, and the lack of verbal communication forced the viewer to pay attention. 

I thought this week's episode was pretty solid as well.  Vera telling the story about the bully and the little ##### was pretty intense...  Elliot desperate to finish the hack that he just destroyed that poor girl.   I'm going to be sad when this is over.

Both Vera and Elliott sought to use baseball bats against their "bullies." (This is assuming Vera is not the bully in his story.) The difference is that Vera took the bat to his bully, whereas Elliott had his bat for self-defense before choosing to dive out the window. I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I'm assuming there was significance to both characters having wielded bats against tormenters. 

Also, Vera sought to use Krista as the "bat" against Elliott, basically his weapon to take down Elliott. In the end, Krista, "the bat," is used against Vera, the bully. 

There's also the little boy they periodically show who's in the board room (I think he was spinning around in a chair in one scene). I think he's the replacement for Elliott's "Mr. Robot" persona. 

Both Vera and Elliott sought to use baseball bats against their "bullies." (This is assuming Vera is not the bully in his story.) The difference is that Vera took the bat to his bully, whereas Elliott had his bat for self-defense before choosing to dive out the window. I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I'm assuming there was significance to both characters having wielded bats against tormenters. 

Also, Vera sought to use Krista as the "bat" against Elliott, basically his weapon to take down Elliott. In the end, Krista, "the bat," is used against Vera, the bully. 

There's also the little boy they periodically show who's in the board room (I think he was spinning around in a chair in one scene). I think he's the replacement for Elliott's "Mr. Robot" persona. 
I had the same thoughts. 

elliot seems to potentially have a few personality friends. Was the boy in the boardroom the same one he went to the movies with?

Wow that was incredible. Whole thing was set up like a play. And then when the truth was revealed it felt so real and changed the whole landscape of the show we just watched. That may have been the second best episode of TV i ever saw after Ozymandias

The Dark Army has taken some hits. Nice to see Dom get some vengeance and break out of their control. I have to think the Dark Army makes a bit of a rebound and gets the Congo project operational within the next few episodes before Elliot cripples them. Maybe Irving makes another appearance to shake things up as well.

Who is the woman in Elliot’s mind?
It's his mom. We were made to think the scenes with young Elliot in the boardroom were flashbacks, but it appears they're present-day depictions of what's going on in Elliot's mind (since we saw Mr. Robot show up last night talking about recent stuff with Elliot). Seems like there's going to be some big twist about the final personality, who already has "talked" to Darlene, because when she told Elliot that Vera was back and looking for him a while ago, neither Elliot nor Mr. Robot remember her saying that, so this other personality must have taken over Elliot at that point. Maybe it has something to do with the "person" Elliot (and now, Mr. Robot) address whenever they're talking to the camera?

Prediction:

Elliot has been in a coma since jumping out of the window as a kid and this has all been a “dream”
Yeah, I got this (bad) feeling, too. I'd hope now. A great movie did that perfectly. Anand... I forgot how to do a spoiler.

I'm so sad that it is almost over, but at the same time I feel like we are heading towards a perfect ending. The acting/story has been so brilliant, I'm ok with the finale being just around the corner. This will be a series I watch many times more. Much like BrBa and The Wire. What a ####### ride this has been. 

Side note: being a coder myself, I thought I was going to enjoy this show more than the average viewer but I think it just became an added bonus to an already fantastic show. 

Really enjoying this season and the last episode was great but I feel like I’m not 100% sure of what is still going on in Washington Twp and Whiterose’s plan for that. Did I miss something or have they been holding back a bit with what they’re telling us? Would love an explanation of where that stands...

Really enjoying this season and the last episode was great but I feel like I’m not 100% sure of what is still going on in Washington Twp and Whiterose’s plan for that. Did I miss something or have they been holding back a bit with what they’re telling us? Would love an explanation of where that stands...
Not revealed yet

RUSF18 said:
yup, @shadyridr is right (at least i think so too). the show is really one of the best on TV and i am always amazed at how low the ratings are. The one podcast i listen to was talking about the low TV ratings, yet it is the most popular thread (or whatever you call it) on redditt by far. 

I believe the last 2 episodes are back-to-back episodes so i am guessing we will get clarification. 

Last thing, did love Leon calling the whole Boston/New England area a bunch of RWAs (Rich White A-holes)

Episode 10 was another amazing episode. So much drama in just trying to catch a plane flight. Great acting. 

Episode 11 I don’t even know what I just watched. I’m sure they will explain it all in the final two, but, not a fan of two realities especially if the one with e Corp and dark army turns out to not be real. 

Episode 10 was another amazing episode. So much drama in just trying to catch a plane flight. Great acting. 

Episode 11 I don’t even know what I just watched. I’m sure they will explain it all in the final two, but, not a fan of two realities especially if the one with e Corp and dark army turns out to not be real. 
I think it's the alternate "reality" that will turn out not to be real. We don't know if the plant really experienced a meltdown. In the text-based game he played, he "won" by getting to the ship, but that didn't feel right, so he replayed it and decided to stay instead of abandoning his friend. His alternate persona, Mr. Robot, was telling him to run, but he stayed to try to avert the meltdown. The "alternate reality" scene started before we knew whether the plant really exploded. Maybe it was all another ruse by Whiterose. Maybe it was all in Elliot's head. Maybe the "project" is just a way for people to experience their "alternate" existence as if it were real, when it's really not. Maybe the appearance of hoodie Elliot was really his malicious code.

I thought it was curious that Darlene wasn't part of the alternate reality, and they made sure to point out Elliot was an only child. 

The finale is supposed to be 2 hours next week, FYI.

I think it's the alternate "reality" that will turn out not to be real. We don't know if the plant really experienced a meltdown. In the text-based game he played, he "won" by getting to the ship, but that didn't feel right, so he replayed it and decided to stay instead of abandoning his friend. His alternate persona, Mr. Robot, was telling him to run, but he stayed to try to avert the meltdown. The "alternate reality" scene started before we knew whether the plant really exploded. Maybe it was all another ruse by Whiterose. Maybe it was all in Elliot's head. Maybe the "project" is just a way for people to experience their "alternate" existence as if it were real, when it's really not. Maybe the appearance of hoodie Elliot was really his malicious code.

I thought it was curious that Darlene wasn't part of the alternate reality, and they made sure to point out Elliot was an only child. 

The finale is supposed to be 2 hours next week, FYI.
Yeah, I kind of thought the same thing.  

Different personalities in Elliot's head makes sense, even when it became more that just Mr. Robot, or even when you thought whole episodes might not be real and happening in Elliot's head.  But, two completely different realities/timelines, whether in Elliot's head or caused by Whiterose is a lot less believable and I really don't want it to be a Lost type finale.  The meltdown to earthquake crossover between the two realities was way too reminiscent to Lost.

The whole power plant thing didn't seem real from the start.  Trucks were speeding away as he enters and he just walks right in, nothing automatically locked or shut down at a nuclear plant?  I suppose Whiterose and her guys were responsible for coming in, taking over and killing everyone setting it up as a trap for Elliot.  But then the authorities arrive with sirens blasting, again, I guess Whiterose locked them all up downstairs underneath?  "You're in the wrong place."  Pick up the phone and listen for a code to open the door?  Whiterose killing herself before she's even sure Elliot won't stop the meltdown. It's all too dreamlike.

I’m pretty confused after that. Tyrell seemed to be aware of the alternate reality. Elliot woke up in a nice apartment then later met his alternate self at his old apartment after stopping at Angela’s place. I’m not sure how he knew about his old place unless it was a result of slowly recognizing the alternate reality as the episode progressed. Whiterose killing herself then appearing as a philanthropist in the alternate reality also leaves me wondering how they will tie this together. Hard to predict which reality they will revert back to. I’m assuming we will see more of Whiterose, which tends to lean towards the F Corp reality although I’m also expecting Elliot to wake up back in the E Corp reality. I have no idea what to expect for the conclusion.

If this ends well, it will be a good series to rewatch to pick up on some of the finer points on second viewing.

Im guessing that is just the “other” personality and they dont know each other yet and this is just the way they are discovering each other.

Users who are viewing this thread