What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Throwback Thursday Category: 90s Alternative One Hit Wonders (1 Viewer)

On a similar note, I've been trying for a long time to remember the name of a song that came out either in the late '90s or maybe even 2000 or so.

I thought it had the words "romp" or "stomp" or something like that in it, but it's centered around a funky bass line and the lyrics were pretty repetitive.

Sorry so vague, but I can sing the bass line in my head and it's driving me nuts.

On a similar note, I've been trying for a long time to remember the name of a song that came out either in the late '90s or maybe even 2000 or so.

I thought it had the words "romp" or "stomp" or something like that in it, but it's centered around a funky bass line and the lyrics were pretty repetitive.

Sorry so vague, but I can sing the bass line in my head and it's driving me nuts.
uhhh... lol?

Candlebox and Filter also had a few hits IIRC :shrug:
I was also eyeballing Candlebox to submit here. The song "You" got a lot of airplay as well, but technically "Far Behind" was their only top 40 hit.

I actually liked these guys and thought they should have been bigger - IIRC they were on Madonna's record label and she helped bring them to mainstream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Candlebox and Filter also had a few hits IIRC :shrug:
I was also eyeballing Candlebox to submit here. The song "You" got a lot of airplay as well, but technically "Far Behind" was their only top 40 hit.

I actually liked these guys and thought they should have been bigger - IIRC they were on Madonna's record label and she helped bring them to mainstream.
That's correct.

"You" was definitely on radio stations a ton but didn't achieve the success that "Far Behind" did.

uhhh... lol?
THAT'S IT!!!

(Not really. :D )

Users who are viewing this thread